SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Great design with numerous options for how much to "build". Well made. Not the quickest to erect despite practise, especially if windy. Plastic windows collect condensation. Great improvement if there was a zip between the roof panel connecting to the van and the rest of the pod - this would enable the roof panel to form a simple awning as a further option.
Thanks for taking the time to review, Richard. A new feature was introduced with the 2020 model so now there is a zip-close front to replace the clip in front door panel. If you haven't seen it already, you may find our set up video helpfull: https://youtu.be/Sv-fOk9VdRo
Everything good out of box. Wife impressed, she was dubious at first as not a normal motorhome awning. Only part requiring extra effort is the fitting of poles through awning a bending to give initial shape, though once done a few times is easier! Bought this due to fact it can be utilised for other vehicles through different fitting options. Also looks different to all other awnings etc out there, which i like. I considered it good value for money before i bought it & i still feel the same. All in all, a great product.
Thank you, Steve!
I bought a second pair of extendable poles for my second awning. The delivery was very quick but I thought the delivery charge was a bit steep!
Thanks for your feedback, Andrew. We will review the delivery charges.
Excellent product, delivered bang on time. Easy to put up, but let down slightly by rapid product evolution meaning that some aspects didn't match the instructions. Some manufacturing oversights meant that I had to make some minor modifications in order to get it put up (some crucial eyelets were not fitted, fortunately we had some to hand)
Thank you for your review, Stephen, and for being so resourceful! We hope you enjoy camping with your SheltaPod. Your feedback has been noted for future production.
Was surprised how quick it was delivered after i complained it was not delivered in the time stated . just want to say a big thank you . looking forward to using it now .
Thanks, Shirley. Happy camping!
El pedido ha llegado en perfectas condiciones y en fecha
Thank you, Aitor! Happy camping!
Found the sheltapod really good and quick to erect after first couple of times Only issue is the side panels, we cant work out how to fit correctly
We will email you over some information which will hopefully help you with attaching the side panels. Thanks!
Brilliant bit of kit , inner tents stitching around zip isn’t great ,but don’t use that very often.
A very innovative and useful awning and stand alone tent- I was really surprised. It is easy to put up and the side panels make it a great camping option on its own. With some adaptation it is a good alternative to a heavy awning for trailer tents, one that packs away neatly and has a generous sun canopy section. I never saw it as a fishing bivvy, but as that is my main hobby I now use it as a stand alone two man luxury tent, or a fishing bivvy, or as an awning for my Conway Cruiser trailer tent. Only one gripe- the inner tent does not fit in the carry bag easily with everything else! I use a separate bag for that. Great alternative to the huge headache of a traditional trailer tent awning- my front locker is now less heavy as is an internal locker, with multiple alternative options. For camping and fishing I used two more poles so it is truly stand alone.
Hi Gareth It's fantastic to hear you are finding lots of uses for the SheltaPod and hopefully you will be out and about again before too long. Thanks for the review :)
Easy to erect, though I haven’t managed it as fast as Julie,!
Lovely, versatile pod. Used as a tent attached to our little Portafold caravan. The only criticism was that the side’s didn’t meet with the edge of the caravan so when the wind rose we had to leave the pod as a separate tent otherwise the material would have been ripped to shreds, (this was at the Great Dorset Steam Fair in August 2018). Sadly not suitable for camping in high winds.
Thank you for the review. We wouldn't advise leaving the SheltaPod set up in very high winds. It has been tested in 50mph winds but if it looks like it might be damaged then detaching it is a good idea. Hope you have otherwise enjoyed camping with SheltaPod :)
Really good, looks amazing, easy to put together and gives you that extra sleeping or living space.
Thanks Paul!
we have enjoyed using our pod for the time we have had it
Lovely to hear! Happy camping and thanks for the review!
Does what it says on the tin, difficult to put up on your own.
Hi Trevor, thanks for the review. We are here to help so if you would like some advice and tips on putting up the SheltaPod then please drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com.
Quality product, would only wish accessories and additional items were more accessible to buy
Hi Steve, we have some accessories available on the website here - https://sheltapod.com/collections/accessories. We also have lots of other spare parts in the warehouse so drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com if you can't find what you need on the website.
I've tried a few products to extend the living area of my '81 VW Westy. SheltaPod, is pretty good- a but cumbersome to set up for an overnight stop, and I am still learning. I think good value for money.
Thanks for reviewing, Paul. If we can help you with any aspects of the set up, please drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com.
Good option for a weekend away like the open feel that the windows give it
Yes, it's nice not to feel closed in and keep the views! Thank you for reviewing!
Very versatile. It does that a little longer to put up than some awnings in the market but it’s worth it for all the amazing features and options.
Thanks for reviewing and good to hear you are enjoying all the different set ups available!
We enjoy our Pod when camping for several days in one place. For shorter stays, including just a weekend, we’ve found that the effort of putting it up undermines the reason for having a camper i.e. a quick setup. If ever there was an inflatable version, that’d be something we’d very much take an interest in. Overall, SheltaPod remains a great idea and when one of our poles broke on first use we were pleased with the quick response. Thanks
Thank you for reviewing.
Really really easy to put up on my own. Nice and lite to carry. My only recommendation would be stronger zips, or gentler hands !
Thanks for the review, Sally, Your feedback is noted.
SheltaPod is rated 4.33 based on 216 reviews