SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Brilliant service and product. Really quick delivery and it's better than it looks on the website and really well designed bit of kit.
We found it was easy to erect and provided the right amount of cover we wanted for our pod caravan. Stood up well to the bluster of coastal breezes with rain during a break-in Cornwall. We appreciated the lightweight and lack of bulk when we packed up. the opportunity to use it again has not occurred due to lockdown but waiting to get going again, shortly.
This is purely a review regarding delivery as I have not yet been able to use the SheltaPod due to the national lockdown. It is still sitting in the box it came in. I ordered the pod on 6th August but did not receive it until mid November. I was surprised that there was a 60 day lead time normally and only found that out after the initial order (see below). The delivery time then continued to increase for various reasons. I was updated after my initial query and offered a black out blind free of charge and am conscious of the issues but to be honest, if I had known of the long delivery time (before the delays) I would not have ordered this product. Thank you for your purchase! Hi Mark, Your order has been received. We will notify you when it is ready for delivery and we will send out a notification when your order is shipped. Delivery is approximately 60 days but we working hard to shorten the waiting time.
Delighted with the service. Sheltapod arrived within 2days.delighted with the service. Thank you
I have been very impressed with the excellent service provided from the initial enquiry into the Sheltapod and throughout including the extra products I have purchased. I also like the advice and service that comes with its user community on Facebook
Thanks for the lovely feedback, Philip!
I suppose the timing was just wrong but I pre-ordered this item way back in September 2020 and it's only just arrived. Six months was just too long to wait I guess so I purchased an alternative during that time which I decided to keep in preference to the Sheltapod so I emailed them to arrange a return. After a slight delay, they did get back to me and they agreed on a full refund. The Sheltapod does look like a great versatile design although I'll reserve judgement on how easy/difficult it is for a single person to erect, especially in any kind of wind.
Hi David, as we explained on the email, when you placed your order it was for a Pre-Order for April delivery, however, we have agreed to accept your return and to issue the full refund. We apologise it took us two days to get back to you and hope you are satisfied with this resolution.
Great design with numerous options for how much to "build". Well made. Not the quickest to erect despite practise, especially if windy. Plastic windows collect condensation. Great improvement if there was a zip between the roof panel connecting to the van and the rest of the pod - this would enable the roof panel to form a simple awning as a further option.
Thanks for taking the time to review, Richard. A new feature was introduced with the 2020 model so now there is a zip-close front to replace the clip in front door panel. If you haven't seen it already, you may find our set up video helpfull: https://youtu.be/Sv-fOk9VdRo
Brought the pre used one and it has arrived in as described condition so I'm very happy with it. Sadly only been able to try it half up at home rather than get out in it this year. But looking forwards to using it properly next year. Arrived promptly and was well wrapped. Great purchase
Thanks Nicola! Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase and hopefully you'll be out in it before too long :)
Hello Sheltapod! I have only put up my lovely green pod a couple of times as camping was so reduced this year - I struggle on my own with the poles but I saw the video again so leaning one end against the tires of my van will help next time! Loads of room for post-Covid socialising and/or putting up guests but for the time being the pod provides welcome shade and privacy - superb invention. I put a little row of cotton bunting up in the entrance :) I wonder if Sheltapod could ever be manufactured in UK? The many oil miles by cargo ship from China made me wince... Best regards Sally
Hi Sally, thanks for your review and feedback. It's great to hear you have been getting some use out of the SheltaPod this year. UK manufacture could be a possibility one day, we want to move SheltaPod forward in the most environmentally conscious way we can.
Everything good out of box. Wife impressed, she was dubious at first as not a normal motorhome awning. Only part requiring extra effort is the fitting of poles through awning a bending to give initial shape, though once done a few times is easier! Bought this due to fact it can be utilised for other vehicles through different fitting options. Also looks different to all other awnings etc out there, which i like. I considered it good value for money before i bought it & i still feel the same. All in all, a great product.
Thank you, Steve!
Great pod really pleased with the quality and the extra space it gives us.
Thanks Sally, glad to hear the SheltaPod ticks the boxes!
I found the Shelterpod very well made. It can be fiddly too put up by your self. But with practice it gets easier.
Thanks for leaving a review. If you haven't seen it already, watch our set up video which should help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-fOk9VdRo&feature=emb_title
I bought a second pair of extendable poles for my second awning. The delivery was very quick but I thought the delivery charge was a bit steep!
Thanks for your feedback, Andrew. We will review the delivery charges.
Efficient service & great product.
Thank you, Helen! Hope you have had some outings with it this summer :)
Just purchased our second sheltapod, love them both for connecting to our campervan and as a stand-alone pup tent, so handy!
Thank you! Wonderful to hear you are building a collection! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Excellent product, delivered bang on time. Easy to put up, but let down slightly by rapid product evolution meaning that some aspects didn't match the instructions. Some manufacturing oversights meant that I had to make some minor modifications in order to get it put up (some crucial eyelets were not fitted, fortunately we had some to hand)
Thank you for your review, Stephen, and for being so resourceful! We hope you enjoy camping with your SheltaPod. Your feedback has been noted for future production.
Great service, great product.
Thank you! Much appreciated. Enjoy your pod!
For a few years I have been looking for a smallish awning that would attach to the car rather than one of the big ones designed for campervans and caravans. I came across SheltaPod and knew this was the answer I was looking for. While I saved up and dithered about which colour (orange) I kept visiting the website and kept changing my mind about everything. An email came through from them with an offer on the setup I had decided on so I bought it, at that point it started to rain. The parcel was delivered and it carried on raining and then just for fun it rained some more. Eventually it stopped raining and the garden slowly dried out from swamp to lawn and I could have a trial run at pitching it. It went up very easily and now that I know which way is up and which bits go where I am confident I will be able to pitch it in around 15 minutes (give or take interruptions). All I need now is somewhere to go and use it properly, but that might be next year now.
Thank you for this review, Hannah. Hopefully it won't be too long before you get some good weather and you can get out with the SheltaPod!
I used my sheltapod for the first time this weekend. I thought it was rather poor quality for the money. The fabric feels thin, and unlikely to last for long. One guy rope was only 2 foot long, so I had to replace it. One of the catches on the bag snapped as I was doing it up. The privacy screens don’t fit very well, and the clip is tiny and not at all robust. I am not very happy at all
Hi Jilly, we're sorry you were not satisfied with the SheltaPod, we will be processing your return shortly. All the best, SheltaPod Team
Well,havent used it yet,due to covid world now but it looks good.when next off in motorhome ill be putting it up.
Thanks, Carl. Hope you can take it for an outing soon. Happy camping!
SheltaPod is rated 4.33 based on 216 reviews