SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Great awning ...... something that stands out from the others on the market. Easy to erect and store
I bought this as I thought I could put it up on my own but unfortunately in spite of the video I really struggled with it. I only used it a couple of times. I wasn’t that impressed so I sold it
We're sorry to hear you had difficulties with the SheltaPod. We have made significant improvements to the SheltaPod since the 2017 model so hopefully any of those problems you were having with it have been ironed out.
Fab product, works really well with my Renault Kangoo. Easy to put up and sturdy.
Thanks Ruth! :)
Quick to assemble and well made
Thanks Debra :)
Lovely, versatile pod. Used as a tent attached to our little Portafold caravan. The only criticism was that the side’s didn’t meet with the edge of the caravan so when the wind rose we had to leave the pod as a separate tent otherwise the material would have been ripped to shreds, (this was at the Great Dorset Steam Fair in August 2018). Sadly not suitable for camping in high winds.
Thank you for the review. We wouldn't advise leaving the SheltaPod set up in very high winds. It has been tested in 50mph winds but if it looks like it might be damaged then detaching it is a good idea. Hope you have otherwise enjoyed camping with SheltaPod :)
I have found the Sheltapod so easy to use and I am not an experienced camper. It's still in great condition despite use and nothing has broken. Highly recommended!
Thanks for the fantastic review! Happy camping!
I have been camping, driving a camper van for over 20 years and this is the best piece of gear I have ever purchased. The SheltaPod has obviously been designed by somebody that loves camping and this is reflected in every detail of the product.
Thank you for this fantastic review!
Really good, looks amazing, easy to put together and gives you that extra sleeping or living space.
Thanks Paul!
Excellent piece of kit, very versatile, it didn't leak a drop in heavy rain on our tour of France. My advice to anyone thinking of buying one is, buy one!
Thank you, Paul! You might be interested in our Affiliate Scheme so you can earn some cash by recommending SheltaPod - https://sheltapod.com/pages/join-our-affiliate-scheme
We have been watching sheltapod from the beginning and we’re waiting on the right colour. Daft I know. It came in grey for us and has been used on many trips. We love the versatility of sheltapod from canopy to sitting area to a bedroom. The parts are of excellent quality and I recommend this to many people. I love the fact that with one purchase you can have everything in one bag. Keep up the great work.
Thank you Su for a lovely review. You might be interested in our Affiliate Scheme so you can earn cash by recommending SheltaPod - https://sheltapod.com/pages/join-our-affiliate-scheme
The Sheltapod is a great addition to any camper, be it creating extra space as a day van, a sun shade on the beach or an additonal room for the kids and dog in the evening. It also looks great on the T6 conversion we drive as a family on our adventures around the country. Why not give one a try?
Fab review, thank you!
Clever and flexible and portable, have used it as both campervan extension and tent
Great stuff, thank you!
We love the SheltaPod as an addition to our VW California. We love being able to offload our sporting kit including surfboards and body boards, as well as our BBQ. We use it for storage but also to provide shade, we've been lucky enough to travel when it's been very warm. The only downside is we love to have our awning extended with the SheltaPod attached. Some campsites don't like your awning this wide. The solution we've agreed with our favourite site, park the van across the pitch.
Hi Nicolas, good solution. It's best to book a jumbo site so you can spread yourselves out. Great to hear you are enjoying SheltaPod!
Absolutely superb, very versatile, light weight, compact and well made. I've recommended the Sheltapod to quite a few fellow campervanners who have stopped by to have a closer look and will continue to do so. (My wife has Yorkshire blood and even she agrees it was money well spent)
Haha! Great review, thanks John. You might be interested in our Affiliate Scheme so you can earn some cash for recommending SheltaPod - https://sheltapod.com/pages/join-our-affiliate-scheme
I have a high top Transit van and it is almost impossible to put up the SheltaPod on any kind of windy weather single handed. I had to fashion a new bracket to solve the problem.
Hi Theresa, sorry to hear you had difficulties with set up. It sounds like you have found a solution now so hopefully you are able to enjoy the SheltaPod and use it to its full potential.
we have enjoyed using our pod for the time we have had it
Lovely to hear! Happy camping and thanks for the review!
Does what it says on the tin, difficult to put up on your own.
Hi Trevor, thanks for the review. We are here to help so if you would like some advice and tips on putting up the SheltaPod then please drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com.
I love - it is very easy to put up - I did it with another person. It is spacious and airy and I love the windows and all the options.
Thanks for the review, Jennifer :)
Love this awning best I’ve ever had
Thanks for the 5*s Martin. Great to hear you are happy with your SheltaPod!
Not as useful as hoped, looking to sell it.
Sorry to hear that Sheltapod didn't meet your needs. Thanks for taking the time to review.
SheltaPod is rated 4.33 based on 216 reviews