Sharps Bedrooms Reviews

Tell us how Sharps Bedrooms made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"Exactly what I needed."
"Organised from start to finish - very professional service and pleasant guys - have yet to have these wardrobes fitted but good service so far and have had a previous good experience."
"Steve was very professional and helpful."
"Prompt efficient and found a couple of small adjustments and suggestions. Would be nice to get the confirmed fitting day a bit quicker for carpet install etc"
"Excellent service from Sharps, very thorough and efficient. Can't wait to see the fitted product."
"Unacceptable service quality: 5 scheduled attempts to complete wardrobe. Incompetent delivery of wardrobe service. Fri, 30NOV2018 Delivery (1) of materials FAIL: Materials were not delivered to me due to lorry. ~1hr of my time of confused conversation with lorry man 1, lorry man 2, my concierge, and Helen via phone as to next steps. Due to the fail, my belongings removed from wardrobe room rendered my living room unavailable for 8 days unnecessarily. Rescheduled delivery for 6DEC2018. I arranged to be home from work to accommodate the delivery which did not occur. Thurs, 06DEC2018 Delivery (2) of all materials FAIL: 2 mirror doors were not delivered. Balance of materials delivered. Day 1 of 2 installation executed. Assurances of delivery following day for Day 2 of installation at 11am. Fri, 07DEC2018 Delivery (3) of 2 mirror doors FAIL: Delivery of 2 mirror doors did not arrive at all. I escalated complaint to Manager, Helen Dutton. I raised to Sharps my negative and unprofessional experience thus far which did not merit payment of final 10%. Assurances by Ms Dutton that doors would be delivered following day, Saturday 8DEC at 10:10-10:30am. Several confused phone calls of status and rescheduling taking more of my time. Installer arrived on time and completed installation except for missing 2 glass doors. Sat, 08DEC2018 Delivery (4) of 2 mirror doors FAIL: Delivery did not arrive at all. Installer arrived at 10:30am on time and waited for the doors. Several confused phone calls of status and rescheduling taking more of my time. I was informed of delivery the following day at an unknown time. Interference with my weekend as I accommodated the delivery time that did not occur. Sun, 09DEC2018 Delivery (5) of 2 mirror doors Delivery of 2 mirror doors received. FAIL: Job continues to be incomplete. Installer not scheduled. Interference with my weekend as I accommodated the delivery time that did not occur. Wed, 12DEC2018 Installation of 2 mirror doors Installer arrived on time and installed 2 mirror doors; Job completion after 6 attempts. I took another day to be home from work. Thurs, 13DEC2018 Follow-up discussion of my accumulating complaint with Ms Dutton Ms Dutton agreed of the disappointing execution of the wardrobe service to me and confirmed the waived final payment. As the job was not completed on 07DEC as scheduled due to the 2 missing mirror doors but rather on 12DEC (after 3 additional attempts), I require compensation to address the protracted door issues. She advised she would discuss further with her manager, Leanne Hughes, towards my requested credit to serve as compensation for the failed services with the 2 doors. Ms Hughes was to phone me to discuss within 2 business days, by 17DEC. Mon, 17DEC2018 Follow-up call from Ms Hughes FAIL: Ms Hughes failed to phone me in follow up. Therefore, I must send this email communication."
"Do not go near these cowboys. Anyone can pay for a great advertisement on tv. Workmanship terrible, customer service helpful, to an extent, yet quick to contact you for final (small amount) payment (stinks of unprofessionalism). Mirror door came off track, so disappointing for over priced fee and extremely bottom scale craftsmanship. Would advise everyone to find local joiner and compare. They should be able to do a much more, professional job for at least half the price, paying local businesses, and not some company for glorified MDF for thousands of pounds & minimum effort. Watchdog will hopefully catch up with this company"
"Very clear conversation. I knew he understood exactly what I was wanting,and explained clearly how Sharps could fulfill that."
"Do not buy from Sharps if you want your bedroom furniture fitted in the correct timescale, or to a good quality, I have just had something that was supposed to have been finished last week, work was poor, damage to doors and units, and even try to filler in a dressing table top. Then when i complained on Monday they said a fitter would be there Wednesday to look and Friday to do the work, he didn't arrive on Wednesday and then calls and says he would be there Thursday, Thursday morning after saying he would be there at 7:30 he breaks downs and ends up arriving just before lunch. Tells us he would be there Friday.... Guess what no show on Friday, only for the office to email me at 16:59 to say he would be there Monday, i called straight away and the person who emailed me said oh she has left the office, and no one else here can help until Monday. So decorators cancelled and carpet fitters cancelled until the work on wardrobes can be completed to even an acceptable standard."
"I haven't even had them fitted yet and I'm losing the will to live. What I have to do to satisfy Sharps: 1. Pay another builder to remove current wardrobe doors and archatrade, then re-plaster gap and decorate to a smooth finish in there. 2. Lift carpet. 3. Clear all furniture out of room including a SuperKing size steel bed? 4. Decorate wardrobe space before Sharps fit. 5. Have one bedroom out of action for nearly a week as the wardrobe packs are delivered on a Wednesday for a Fitter to install the following Tuesday. This is all after a conflict between designer who said I could have pull down rails, and the surveyor who said I can't. Once they've finished I have to get rid of the packaging !!! If I had known all this at the start I wouldn't have proceeded. Strongly recommend you look for someone else before engaging with Sharps."
"From design visit to installation Sharps have provided excellent service. The designer was very helpful at providing advice. The surveyor was excellent, ensuring that the solution we chose was suitable and met out needs. The delivery guys carried a lot of kit up 2 flights of stairs and were careful and considerate at all times. The fitter, Chris was superb. He worked like a Trojan to ensure that our wardrobes were well fitted. He consulted us at every move, being prepared to modify the set up to meet our storage needs. He let us hang clothes and measure shelves so that we got the most from the space. Unfortunately there was a slight manufacturers flaw with one of the doors, but it was literally delivered a couple of days later and Chris came to fit it. He also asked if we’d had any second thoughts about the layout as he was prepared to change anything if we wanted. Yes Sharps are expensive in comparison to high street stores, but we have used every inch of the space and the customer service has been second to none."
"Friendly, professional service throughout, from sales to design to the installation."
"Overly expensive for what you get. Our surveyor made mistakes, fitter made mistakes. Job still not complete after 4 weeks. Bit bespoke. Units are standard sizes fitted around fillers! Customer services don’t ring you. We have had a really really poor service. Do not use this company if you value your money & sanity!"
"The initial design did not work, altho we didn't realise until it was completed & one section was unusable & looked awful. We settled on a rejig by taking out 2 expensive unusable cupboards & paying for extra unit (so the bad design ended up costing us more money). The lights inside the wardrobes are only stuck on so fell off within a week. When we asked about any clever interiors to try to make the cupboards usable it was suggested we try IKEA!!! We had been thinking if bedroom went well we would get our office fitted out but will NEVER use them again & are warning friends & family against using them too."
"Nice and friendly."
"The service so far has been excellent. From booking the initial appointment, to the designer, to the surveyor, all very pleasant and punctual. Can’t wait to see the end result! I hope you ask me to complete a further review when the work is done."
"Fantastic design visit. The designer was professional, friendly and efficient. He made it very easy for us and based on his visit alone I’d recommend Sharps."
"Shoddy workmanship carried out by someone subcontracted by sharps. I should have just used a local joiner which would have cost a lot less than the £2800 charged by sharps. A "rep" called whilst the work was being carried out and when I complained about the damage he was doing to the walls in the bedroom (brand new house) he just stepped up to my face intimidating me. Never use this company! THERE IS A REASON THEY TAKE THE MONEY UPFRONT"
"We thought we would take up a 'percentage off' offer and so we booked the sales person to attend and provide a quote, what a mistake! The sales man arrived and immediately told us the minimum order was £1000, he had not even seen the spare bedroom we wanted fitting out. He told us not to worry about the discount he would sort out a good price. The salesman was very rude making innuendos, derogatory sexist and racist comments and kept swearing throughout the lengthy visit. The initial price was astronomical for a spare bedroom, it was almost as much as the price for a very large master bedroom we had fitted previously. Reluctantly we accepted the quote, not knowing what our options were. When the Sharps surveyor arrived, he could not believe what price we had been quoted, so annoyed was he, he advised that we put in a complaint and priced the work again - his quote was more realistic, reducing the quote by around £2,500. As a result of the complaint Sharps agreed to reduce the quote further, so we now accepted the gesture of goodwill. However, after a lengthy wait for a fitting date we chased Sharps up, given their very poor updates. We were told they wanted just short of £1000 more for the job or it would not be worth doing. This had already taken a great many weeks to get to this point so we just cancelled the order and registered another complaint. The level of service that Sharps provided was way below what would reasonably be expected. They were not interested in anything more than how much money they could get out of unsuspecting customers. It is interesting that Sharps seem to fail to respond to negative reviews but are keen to respond to positive comments, similar to how keen they are to meet sales targets and take more money from customers than is really required."
"Everything. Wish we had never heard of Sharps. The design, survey, installation, customer services. Second class materials, second class design, absolutely no communication between the different Sharps departments. Biggest disappointment ever. They simply cut their own standard sized components to fit the space available so the only bespoke element is the fill-ins. Ignored important elements in a room that have to be taken into account and when speaking to the customer services to explain problems that have arisen are treated with absolute contempt. When pointing out their mistakes simply told 'well that is what you signed for' and then designer denies what was discussed. An absolute shambles. Apart from the design of the wardrobes being a total waste of space, other wrong sized units were supplied. When this pointed out to customer services we were told that what we had was what was agreed and as we had changed our minds it would cost us nearly £400 per unit to replace. On 2nd call with customer services, they hung up on us! Eventually only got sorted by contacting CEO and after they sent yet two more wrong size units. Eventually their 'senior surveyor' told us it was because at the time of ordering the units their standard dimensions had been changed but the designers and surveyors hadn't been told. So much for bespoke; so much for inter-departmental communication; so much for our 'signing for them'. They have lost several potential customers from people who have seen and know about our experiences. Most have decided they will have better bedrooms and fuller pockets by going to their local chippy. Their mistake. Our stress. No compensation from them and no reimbursement for larger units we paid for and smaller ones actually fitted. All we got was a cheap bunch of flowers which went straight in the bin as they just added insult to injury. Cheapskates all round. Except for their prices."
Sharps Bedrooms is rated 4.00 based on 2,005 reviews