Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
I’ve been trying to contact yourself over the past week, asking where my contact lens are. Which are paid for and way over due. Sent over 20 emails with no reply at all. I fully understand these are difficult time’s for every one, but not being able to see should be taken seriously.
I have been trying for the last 2 days to contact yourselves about an appointment I have on 1st April 2020 , I understand the problems at the moment , but no letter or email from yourselves
I appreciate there's a major issue impacting your service but no one has been in touch to cancel my pending appointment, nor can someone log on to your site to look at the status of the booking.
My wife went into your Rhyl shop, she has been having problems with the bi focal lenses she purchased a while ago. The shop assistant promised to get back to us but never did this was about a month ago. So not impressed at all
on hold for 1/2hr to Norwich st.giles branch and head office. no answer. pathetic.
Hi Garry, thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Terrible aftercare service, had nothing but problems with the hearing aids, the only saving grace was Matthew Simson the audiologist at the branch and now he has left! Head office have been absolutely useless . I have rechargeable hearing aids where I was told that the charge would last at least 24 hours , they were only lasting about 10 hours, the charger was apparently faulty so they said that they were send out another one, it never arrived after chasing up several times in the end Matthew at the branch sorted it out. This has got to be the very worst customer service ever!
Just an update from Monday’s post still waiting for my refund finally got a call back from customer service after 4 attempts they said it was processed last week what a load of rubbish they pretty quick to take your money every month but don’t like to give it back.will Keep this site updated how long it takes
Hi James, thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
2 sight tests 2 pairs of glasses couldn’t see out of any of them made the mistake of paying for them before I got them promised a full refund still trying to get my money back customer service a joke beware of the bishop Auckland store no one knows what they doing and very abrupt manager will report in a new review if I ever get my money back
I have been a loyal customer for many years . I see a different optician and staff every time I go in to the lymington branch. The most recent debacle involved me being accused of not having bought my glasses that had broken from them. Then they ordered the wrong lenses. I am on the verge of changing opticians
Excellent sight test, and very helpful shop staff. Such a shame that the glasses that came back didn’t match the prescription. Even when sent back For correction, only one eye was right The 2nd time around. At least they gave me a full refund. I won’t use again.
Hi David, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Advised I should purchase some eye drops from them. They charges me £13.50, so though they must be better than usual retail eye drops. Later that day found them for sale in several retailers for between £3.50 and £4.50. Complete Ripoff. Cancelled by glasses order in protest.
Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com, we will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
Not happy. Appointments were running 20 to 30 minutes behind scheduled times & just advised to go shopping around Newark. In future you should try phoning your customers to let them know that you are running late, or remove the appointments from your online availability. I will be using a different opticians.
Hi Jacqui, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
I have had glasses from Scrivens Opticians at Mexborough S. Yorkshire for years the staff are very good and go out of there way to help. They are let down by not having the type of frames that I wear, namely ladies rimless all that was available was one pair identical to the ones I was wearing. Not even any to order on the website very disappointing.
Thank you for letting us know about this, your feedback helps us get better. We’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
I cancel my order,Trying to get my deposit back .Phoned at least six times keep getting told it’s on its way, what a joke.considering taking them to court.
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
I called in to my local scrveins in Market Deeping about my aid that had come apart I was informed that there was nothing they could do I was told that I would have to pay £25pound which is none returnable and cost to repair it which I believe is manafacters issue. I would not recommend scribe s to any body.
Hi Eric, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
The help desk people are not helpful at all after spending £3:500 on them they still aren’t working properly now .
Had my glasses (paid just under £300 for two pairs of reading glasses) didn't take out warranty because I take great care of my spectacles but this morning the full priced pair at £200 have broken after 2-3 weeks of little wear. Also was offered 10% discount on both pairs after experiencing horrendous service ( not necessarily by store staff but a combination with the lab) but this money has not been returned to my account!
Hi Karen, thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Not happy! Paid £300 for two pairs of glasses and could have got similar at another large chain so much cheaper, waited well over a week for them only to discover at work they were the wrong prescription. Went back and have been waiting over a week for replacements, this time I'm just having reading lenses instead of varifocals but there was no difference in price!! Ridiculously expensive, I had to ask if they'd do buy one pair get one half price as they don't even advertise that they do.
Hi Karen, thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Poor service and a shoddy pair of glasses which I rejected and got a full refund on. I was also frog-marched into the hearing test room for an unwanted hearing test on my first visit. Not recommended.
I think the staff at Hawthorn road branch is desperate need for retraining I was I went into the shop to make an appointment there was a assistant dealing with a customer. so I took a seat next to a customer already waiting then another customer came in and sat down next to me eventually another assistant came rom the back of the shop didn't say a word and took the last customer that came in and served him first under normal circumstances I would hit the roof so I shall return to Spec Savers who seem a lot more customer focused
Hi Stephen. thank you for your review. We’re sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,487 reviews