Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
have just purchased new glasses and within 3 hours one lense fell out . During the night 10 hours later woke up and felt for them and both lenses fell out. Fortunately had my old set with me. On close inspection the screws were fully tightened so how can this happen, can only assume lenses machined too small for the frame. How could they be pushed back in very easily if frame is tight.How can this leave your workshop like this were is your QA, This not the first time that your work shop service has been at fault with my glasses over the years. Although we are living in difficult times I feel your company’s service to people who rely heavily on their eyes as been dreadfully. Opening hour and service could have been better managed.
Hi David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, we would love to make things right if you give us another chance.
Staff other than optometrist were lovely. Optometrist was vile
Thank you for posting your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will look into this for you.
Fairly useless. Cannot get service at any branch, have to go back to original one that never answers a phone
Poor service all around, would avoid with a barge poll. Chasing refund of £640 hence having to engage with them.
Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. We will look into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and to your satisfaction.
The worst! At 86, with many years of experience of hearing aid suppliers I can truthfully say that Scrivens are the worst. They took over my NHS care about 3 years ago. They supplied batteries of poor life and fiddly packaging in small quantities so re-ordering was too frequent. This year they thought my 5-year-old aids should be replaced, although they were still good. The relacements were excrutiatingly poor, with distortion so bad that I rejected them after24 hours. At the next appointment they were adjusted and I was sent away. They were no better, and still sit in my drawer. Then Covid-19 intefered. For 4 months their phone has been left to answer and it asks me to wait You know, "your call is important to us, etc". It's never answered; they must be raking in a fortune - and costing me one. Why isn't it turned off? Why don't we get an honest answer? I think you know why, as I do. I imagine they were the lowest bidders, but we deserve better. Stay away.
Hi Mike, thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we will do better. If you could give us another chance, we would love to make things right.
This v poor review is because although the website shows that the store is open it is in fact closed until further notice. Also the telephone answer system does not inform you that they are closed until further notice.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with details of the branch you tried to contact, we will look into this for you.
The NHS hearing aid used by Scrivens are not fit for purpose. As they constantly have white noise, and you hear background noise above the conversation you are trying to listen to. Also you are not trusted to operate the volume level you need, as it is fixed at a level by the technician who does not think at I am capable of using it sensibly. So I don not think the service is even good enough for the one star you are forced to rate it with.
Pay by direct debit monthly for contact lenses and they never arrive. Tried calling emailing, can never talk to anyone. Do not use this company.
My hearing stopped working emailed scrivens they rang me next day I told them the problem they said that they will send me some postage items to return it to them I asked how long would it take I was told about 2-3 weeks I told him how can I manage for that long without it I am deaf he replied sharply you will have to manage( I don’t think scrivens no the meaning of good service) i shall go back to specsavers
Under normal circumstances my local Royton branch are extremely helpful and always have been However the centralised customer service since lockdown has been very poor . I have emailed many times regarding the delivery of lenses eye drops etc. But all I have receuved apart from one are automated responses . I've been waiting to find out how to get my 3 month supply of solution now for over 4 weeks I'm going to have to try order some online as, I'm running out but have had no response to when it will be sent just another automated email.
Polite but very poor customer service from Scrivens head office after great difficulty in contacting them re lens which had fallen out. Scrivens local Weston-super-Mare branch totally closed since lockdown whilst four adjacent competitors remained open for emergencies and repairs!! Two weeks after my first contact with Scrivens they phoned and suggested I send my glasses back to them for repair but it could take 4/5 weeks to get them back. When pushed they advised that their Bedminster, Bristol store had reopened and should be able to carry out the repairs. I phoned Bedminster, visited them the same day and the repairs were completed in twenty minutes. Scrivens 0 Bedminster branch 5. I know things have been difficult recently but if you expect customers to stay loyal, you need to do much better!!
Useless customer service. My mother has been waiting almost a year for them to visit her, even though they sent a letter in July 2019 telling her she was due for a home visit to service her hearing aids. Still waiting for somebody to be in the area!!! At 99 and she can’t hear how long does she have to wait? Have asked the doctor to send a referral letter to Specsavers to change her over.
Have been waiting for my sons (aged 6) glasses since end of March. Numerous emails and voice messages have been left - even had assurances that they were posted on 23rd April. Still nothing - appalling customer service and I will be going else where in the future. Even the boxes below don't allow for a full debrief of how appalling your service is. Can't wait to change my optician.
plenty went wrong tried at least ten times to send an e, mail asking how we can get batteries for our brothers hearing aid. He has been going to the Stamford shop for years i am disgusted no one has got back to me i left two messages today 18th on the answer machine. How are people supposed to contact any of you.
Still no lenses scrivens. You responded to an email to say you delivered some in March. You didn’t. I have paid for three months worth of lenses but not received any. Do NOT take money from my account if you can’t provide a service. It’s theft. Avoid this opticians like the plague. Specsavers have much better customer service.
I had appointment arranged by my doctor for a hearing test, after many months of problem with hearing for 17th April, the day before I had to ring my doctors surgery as no number given for Scrivens, to check on my appointment to be told .....no one from Scrivens was due to be there on my appointment date! Since then I have found a contact no and rang several times, leaving messages as requested......Still no response. ! Why is it that other reputable companies have managed, even in this crisis to keep patients informed? Whilst I appreciate the situation at this time I am dissapointed that, given their statements about excellant service and clinical excellance ... no one has acknowledged my calls or informed me of any closures or cancelled appointments?.. Reading other reviews it seems as though I am not the only one? One call or letter would have been adequate to releave the stress of not knowing what next to do or who to contact.
Lock down is bad enough. To be presented with automated replies to my many requests for lens solution for over 3 weeks is utterly disgraceful and unacceptable. Can't wait to change my optician.
I have found the level of customer service from Scrivens appalling. I have been trying to contact Scrivens for over a month as I have not received my lenses. There has been no reply to emails and you do not answer your phones. I have worn the same pair for 2 months as I am a key worker and need to see. My eyes are red and sore. My father is with spec savers and received exemplary service on the other hand. I appreciate things are more difficult with Covid. However do not take money from my account every month if you can not provide a service. I shall be moving to specsavers
Had NHS hearing aids from Scrivens but the audiologist gave me little information---told me to clean hearing aids every 2 weeks which is nonsense. I was not given enough time to master inserting then myself. I did not received the promised telephone call after a week nor the follow up appointment 3 months later. I only received a telephone call from a very pleasant girl who answered several of my questions. Currently I am trying to obtain new tubing as I have lost the dome but despite 2 phone calls and 2 emails have heard nothing. Very disappointing experience
I’m not happy at all. I’ve been Trying to contact Scrivens now for two weeks both by phone and emailing Scrivens Customer Care, left multiple messages and got no reply. I have no contact contact lenses after being told by our local branch, that my change of prescription would arrive as soon as they could get them. My wife (an NHS worker) has been sent her lenses but without any solutions so can’t wear hers. Dont know what to do and can’t speak to anyone. Not impressed.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,317 reviews