Scotby Cycles Reviews

Sports & Leisure

Tell us how Scotby Cycles made you happy

Telephone
Twotalldrystonewalls
"brilliant service. no nonsense returns. polite staff. competitive prices . BRAVO"
Laurence
"Really impressed with the communication from start to finish of my order. Plus they had the shoes I wanted that were out of stock everywhere else!"
"Recently bought a pair of Five Ten Impact pros from Scotbys, looked around various online shops beforehand and found that Scotbys had a nice deal on with the lowest price I could find plus an extra discount. Snapped them up quickly for around £90 and received the shoes around 2 days later, the customer service was great. Although I didn't need to contact Scotbys I was kept up to date via email until my order was received. If you're a keen mountain biker I would also recommended the Impact pros, these guys stick like @$% and fit perfect. I went for a half a size lower than my normal shoe size as per Scotbys recommended sizing, very glad I did as these are perfect could and been a bit loose in my normal size."
"I always prefer to buy from independent bike shops however I found your customer support to be almost superficial. I'm not convinced that the email I sent had been read before it was responded to and the flippant tone of the email was not something I would have expected. Needless to say I will not be recommending your store to fellow cyclists."
It is understandably frustrating and I’m sorry that things didn’t work out as you had hoped.However you mistakenly ordered a gents bike when what you really wanted was a ladies bike. The bike we sent you was exactly as your ordered stated. We asked you to return the bike if you are not happy with it, which you did, and you were provided with an immediate no quibble refund as requested. Our intention is to always offer top customer service.
"Ordered an Assos Cycling jacket around the middle of January. Order shipped with Royal Mail. Initial delivery failed on 2 occasions; which was frustrating but, understandable not Scotby’s fault. However, the third delivery that was attempted was scanned by Royal Mail as signed for and delivered - despite me receiving a card through my door advising that delivery had been unsuccessful and that I need to either rearrange delivery or collect the parcel from my local depot. I brought this to Scotby’s attention, who were quick to blame Royal Mail for their mistake. However, since then, no solution has been reached. Simon, from their customer care team, has been waiting for a callback from Royal Mail for a number of days but has not offered any actual solution that leaves me with either a jacket or a refund. So far, I’m not hopeful I’ll receive either and Scotby’s Cycles will keep my money and continue to blame Royal Mail - whilst leaving their customer unsatisfied and overall really disappointed. One of the downsides of using such a small retailer. It’s a shame that their customer service doesn’t match larger companies in instances such as this. An update to my previous review: RM Have concluded their investigation and confirm the delivery of my order - despite it not being with me. Simon from Scotby seemed delighted to tell me there was 'nothing more he could do' and that it was now up to me to contact RM to claim for their mistake, claiming it's 'Always how they've done business' TLDR: Ordered from Scotby. Item never delivered. Poor customer service and I'm ultimately left £215 out of pocket and with no jacket. I wouldn't trust this company again and would recommend to stay away when ordering online and shop elsewhere."
Initially Royal Mail attempted delivery, but no one was available to sign for it. When redelivered Royal Mail tracking showed the item was signed for. We asked customer to check with his neighbours. After much complaint from customer and a huge amount of our time spent trying to find out why he had not received the item the customer then went to one of his neighbours (over a week later) to find they had signed for it and taken delivery for him. Still not happy he returned the item to us and we gave an immediate full refund without any quibble. Is it fair to say this is bad customer service? We did everything possible, and quickly.
Delivery
Price
"Bought a pair of shoe covers and great expense that after one wear developed a hole. Was told that as it is not stitching or seam it is not covered under warranty. I suspect I have an argument for ‘fit for purpose’ given I have only worn them once and they no longer work but quite frankly, I cannot be bothered, there are plenty of other shops and brands to buy from."
Hello Dominic,

Sorry to read your review.

I have read your email with Alex.

I can see that Alex contacted the UK suppliers about your hole that appeared on the bottom of your Castelli over shoes (forwarding your photo).

We received a reply from the suppliers:
"This wouldn’t be covered under warranty. These would have been caused by the customer missing his pedal and standing on them rather than clipping in."

Therefore the UK suppliers would not replace under warranty.
We have done everything we possibly can for you.
(We've also sent some suggestions for repair).

Sorry, we could not help you further.

Communication
Speed of Delivery
"I received the wrong order item I wasn't very happy atall!"
Hello,
We are very sorry to hear this, we have sent you an eBay message to help resolve this problem.
Simon
"I ordered a bike online and received immediate confirmation. 13 hours later I was told that my order had been cancelled due to an error by Scotby Cycles. No alternatives were offered. Scotby Cycles have lost me as a customer now and in the future. 0/5."
Hello Peter,
We are really sorry for this, we had a stock discrepancy on our website and regrettably did not have the bike that you purchased. We tried to find an alternative model to offer you from one of our bike suppliers, however they have sold out. Therefore as per our email we issued you with a refund.
Once again sorry for this inconvenience.
Communication
Speed of Delivery
"I am still waiting for what I bought. Never received"
Hi Federica,
Sorry to hear that you have not received your order yet.
I can see that we dispatched your order the next working day and that they are currently being processed in Italy.
We will send you a direct eBay message with further information.
Scotby Cycles is rated 4.90 based on 786 reviews