Saxton 4x4 Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Saxton 4x4
8PM
8PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Saxton 4x4?

Tell us how Saxton 4x4 made you happy

Telephone
"I found Saxton 4x4 very professional & found their customer services excellent! Many thanks to Mo Khan who was very organised and showed me the car I was buying and also offered many other suggestions. Unlike Mercedes Dealership, Mo’s Customer service was great. Saxton reserved my car and also delivered a day early! Well done to you all. I have already recommended my friends and family to go and see Mo Khan. Thanks Mo for all your help. All the best guys!"
Are you Saxton 4x4? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I purchased a second hand vehicle from Saxton 4x4 in July 2019, the vehicle was advertised with a full service history, this was false advertising as it’s been 5 weeks since I purchased the vehicle and still haven’t been sent the missing pieces, so makes me wonder if it really exist at all. The vehicle had also been fitted with 2 new BUDGET tyres on the font, I also got charged for the GardX treatment what a joke and waste of money the vehicle wasn’t very well prepped, the smell of cigarettes had been disguised with an air freshener bomb, and wasn’t until the next day when that smell wore off I started to smell the cigarette smell. It cost me £80 with a local valet to steam clean the interior of the vehicle to get rid of that smell, there had been small scuffs disguised and covered over. It also took me 2 weeks to get my 1K deposit back. I would never buy from Saxon 4x4 again, I even paid for an oil change after taking delivery as I wasn’t convinced it had been done even though they told me it had Beware go in with your eyes wide open and don’t believe anything they tell you"
"Stereotypical second hand car sales company -------------------------------------------------------- I purchased a Range Rover Evoque in October 2018 and paid a lot of money for it. The problems started immediately. Our car broke down in the first month of purchase - a DPF filter issue. When Saxton 4x4 were contacted they immediately told me to speak to Land Rover directly, which I later found out they shouldn't do (as the retailer they are obliged to resolve the issue). I also found out shortly after that a consumer has the right to reject the vehicle if it brakes in the first 30 days. A month after Land Rover fixed the car it broke again. This time a very expensive EGR fix (the valve had broken but then also broke the turbo). Again Saxton 4x4 did not want to know. I tried writing to them, emailing and calling them to exchange the car for something else of a similar value. They again did not want to help. Their way of "helping" is to delay as much as possible. They have a tactic of not getting back to you even after weeks of trying to get to someone other than the receptionist or sales person. The car then developed a 3rd fault, another valve failed in a different part of the engine which allowed liquid in to the engine. At this point Land Rover had the car for a 3rd time and informed us that there had been a major engine replacement on this vehicle shortly before we purchased the car. This was not disclosed to us (the law says that they have to disclose any issues if you ask but if you don't ask they don't have to tell you). The car has now been repaired 4 times since we purchased it and with no help from Saxton 4x4 - no good will gesture for swapping the car (they don't want it back!) and very very difficult to engage with. The best offer I got was a part exchange offer which was more than £1k less than webuyanycar. In fact they would have made a tidy little profit. I got a worse value than if I had just walked in off the street. We are now going down the legal route (first with the Finance company) to get our money back or exchange the vehicle but this whole experience has left us with a £10k loss (so far) on the value of the vehicle, legal fees, a car that is prone to braking down outside of warranty and has not been replaced after developing faults shortly after driving away. One thing to note is that if you purchase a car outside of the main dealers then companies like JLR have a policy of only fixing the car under warranty terms and are very strict with it as they do not know what has happened once it leaves the network. If you purchase a car from a main dealer then they have options and processes in place to get you back on the road or in to another car. A valuable lesson learned (and an expensive one). This has been the worst car purchasing experience we've ever had with any company and the fight for our consumer rights continues. Make no mistake, Saxton 4x4 are a company that turn around cars very quickly with no thought or regard for the end customer - it is pure profit making or "just business". If you bought a car from Saxton - if all goes well - then you are one of the lucky ones."
"Stereotypical used car sales company ---------------------------------------------- I purchased a Range Rover Evoque in October 2018 and paid a lot of money for it. The problems started immediately. Our car broke down in the first month of purchase - a DPF filter issue. When Saxton 4x4 were contacted they immediately told me to speak to Land Rover directly, which I later found out they shouldn't do (as the retailer they are obliged to resolve the issue). I also found out shortly after that a consumer has the right to reject the vehicle if it brakes in the first 30 days. A month after Land Rover fixed the car it broke again. This time a very expensive EGR fix (the valve had broken but then also broke the turbo). Again Saxton 4x4 did not want to know. I tried writing to them, emailing and calling them to exchange the car for something else of a similar value. They again did not want to help. Their way of "helping" is to delay as much as possible. They have a tactic of not getting back to you even after weeks of trying to get to someone other than the receptionist or sales person. The car then developed a 3rd fault, another valve failed in a different part of the engine which allowed liquid in to the engine. At this point Land Rover had the car for a 3rd time and informed us that there had been a major engine replacement on this vehicle shortly before we purchased the car. This was not disclosed to us (the law says that they have to disclose any issues if you ask but if you don't ask they don't have to tell you). The car has now been repaired 4 times since we purchased it and with no help from Saxton 4x4 - no good will gesture for swapping the car (they don't want it back!) and very very difficult to engage with. The best offer I got was a part exchange offer which was more than £1k less than webuyanycar. In fact they would have made a tidy little profit. I got a worse value than if I had just walked in off the street. We are now going down the legal route (first with the Finance company) to get our money back or exchange the vehicle but this whole experience has left us with a £10k loss (so far) on the value of the vehicle, legal fees, a car that is prone to braking down outside of warranty and has not been replaced after developing faults shortly after driving away. One thing to note is that if you purchase a car outside of the main dealers then companies like JLR have a policy of only fixing the car under warranty terms and are very strict with it as they do not know what has happened once it leaves the network. If you purchase a car from a main dealer then they have options and processes in place to get you back on the road or in to another car. A valuable lesson learned (and an expensive one). This has been the worst car purchasing experience we've ever had with any company and the fight for our consumer rights continues. Make no mistake, Saxton 4x4 are a company that turn around cars very quickly with no thought or regard for the end customer - it is pure profit making or "just business". If you bought a car from Saxton - if all goes well - then you are one of the lucky ones."
"The £1000 refundable deposit is not refundable! Apparently is "subject to viewing" - well i can go and view it in 3 months - when it will be worth a lot less! There is no time limit to viewing the car - nothing written down anywhere about it. AVOID at all costs! now going to report to the FCA, who will investigate!"
"Overal very very bad customer service experience at Saxton 4x4 in Chelmsford Essex from the get go when I purchased my vehicle in January 2019. Car was advertised before sale with 2 set of keys, boot cover, alloy wheel knot and proof of full service history but when car was prepared for collection they where all missing with 1 set of faulty car key that randomly chooses when to unluck the vehicle or not. I  had to be actively chasing all this up. When they were not being resolved in an efficient and adequate manner I had to pay out of my own pocket to replace the wheel knot, spare key which should have be fully reimbursed. Also the amount giving for my old car as part exchange was very low compare to what was offered at other show rooms as top rate. I was also accused of lying when all this complaint was brought to the sales team manager attention. As a result of all mentioned above an follow up email complaint was sent to Neil Cripps as per receptionist advised to be the top senior member staff who also did not respond to my complaint untill this negative feedback was left. I feel very very dissatisfied and unhappy with their customer service expecially for a show room with fleet of exquisite, top of the range cars could be so carlos and un professional to contact me after leaving this negative feedback and still squivel over few hundred pounds reimbursement which never materialized and not provide top range customer service experience they claim to offer to their customer. Definately not recommended. Strongly suggest you do not have any buisness with this show room even if you don't have other choices."
"The after sales service is excellent, highly recommended! , best service I have ever received from a garage!"
Saxton 4x4 is rated 2.14 based on 7 reviews