Satsuma Loans Reviews

of reviewers recommend Satsuma Loans
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Satsuma Loans Reviews

Tell us how Satsuma Loans made you happy
The worst company ever..avoid them! I hope they will close soon 🙏🏻
Absolute joke of a company!! Logged a complaint a while back because I was told they irresponsibly issued a loan to me and the complaints handler Raheem didn't bother waiving my loan. Given the fact I had paid back already what I had borrowed and then the amount outstanding was only £40 they decided to still chase me for the funds. Classic example of a loan shark company who dont think about people's circumstances.. think twice before using Satasuma people
Such a poor company - be careful with correspondence. They say one and do another
Even compared to now defunct Sunny Loans or Wonga, Satsuma's interest rates are eye watering. Expect to pay back at least double the amount borrowed. If at time of application any of your details aren't entirely correct, correcting them is a nightmare as their app is next to uselesa, as is their site and by telephone they're pretty much unreachable (though that could be a COVID thing). As a result, an expiring debit card isn't a minor inconvenience but will destroy your credit score. Any late payment will be reflected almost immediately. All in all, a terrible company that makes you wonder why this lot survived when much better alternatives did not.
Phoned me during Lockdown and offered me a payment holiday, then went and mark it as bad credit score on my credit file. Why would they do that? They were the ones that phone me and offered a payment holiday, I didnt originally ask for it. Very under handed and considering the circumstance that we have all be in during lockdown, their sneaky way's are really upsetting, and I have a feeling I am not the only one they have done this to.
Just shows what an un-caring, self centred business they are, they dont care about there customers if they can phone you and offer you a payment holiday during such a difficult time, then proceed to mark it on your credit score as a late payment making out that your a bad payer. Dispicable and innapropriate way to treat customers. Will never use them again and would never recommend to anyone.
Terrible customer service, do not use if you are trying to rebuild your credit score! They are 5 months behind on updating information! Paid my loan 6 months early, it’s still hasn’t been removed from my Experian report. Customer service just ignoring all messages
Had a complaint to them in over 8 weeks now! They obviously have no intention of looking at it! They lent to me and pit Me at risk and they Won’t admit it!
CCCD2173194

Another company of con merchants.

My complaint been open since January! I have evidence to prove this but they won’t have it it’s incredible... so do the whole thing again past 8 week deadline and nothing still! Passed from department to department...

Also don’t show my complete loan history! There up there with the worst I’ve dealt with!
Satsuma Loans have still not responded to my FOS adjudicator after they made a decision on 30/04/20 and gave Satsuma until 14/05/20 to respond. I have attempted to contact Satsuma via email to follow this up but now they are ignoring all emails...seems what is said about them is true when dealing with complaints.
Not a great experience. I was asked to send several documents to support my application. This took 3 days and several phone calls to clarify. In the end it was a simple decline. Waste of time.
Terrible company. has a low rating on trustpilot so they moved here. avoid and ignore the fake good reviews written by staff members
Good service at the time but months to update my credit file after the loan was cleared off.
broad daylight robbery rates.borrow 1000 repay 2000,how is it even legal ?.taking advantage of people who can the least afford it.
Terrible company had a loan with them for £500 (paying back £1,000 at £135 a month which i paid back in full) which they deemed i could afford.

Tried applying for a loan of £100 to which they said "we do not think you can afford this loan" which is funny considering they accepted and lent me a £500 loan which again i paid back

I complained to them directly saying how my income and expenditure hasnt changed and how they thought i could not afford a £100 loan BUT lent me £500 before and they were not interested in the anything i said

This company has gone down hill lately if you look on trustpilot their ratings are so bad now they changed to this site to look better
FOS adjudicator ruled in my favour however Satsuma made no reply to the findings within the 2 week time frame they are assigned so now going to the Ombudsman to make the final decision. Shame for them not to own up and make a fair offer having been found in breach of irresponsible lending.
CCCD1152349
Hi just wont to say do not entertain satsuma loans the reasons being I had two loans with them I was with them for 2 years when I fell into financial difficulties so I went on a iva meaning all my debts would be written off and I pay 1 low payment to the iva company satsuma are the only company still taking payments out of my account I rang numerous time for my money back but still didn't get the money back stay well clear of satsuma loans ☹
The business has failed to respond to the FOS on the 10th of March regarding my complaint.They have 1 week and the adjudicator is passing to a Ombudsman to make a legally binding decision.Disgraceful they just ignore deadlines and don’t communicate.Reporting to the FCA for their poor conduct.
Submitted an application, sent the details through they requested and then heard nothing, rang twice said would be dealt with that day.. then nothing, logged in the pending application gone, rang again and held for another 10 mins to be told application not successful and hung up on.
Also sent an email that I didn’t get a response from.
Has 2 loans previously and both paid up early so no reason for this.
Satsuma is a terrible company mentioned i cannot afford the loan borrowed, went on a payment plan still strughling, mentioned the loan was never affordable i can prove this on my bank statements, i am currently in discussion with the financial Ombudsman and will be sending my proof into Satsuma in next few days and they keep adding interest on my payment plan, Don't touch terrible company
Been waiting 61 days for a response about my complaint of affordability.please steer clear of this company.
Satsuma Loans is rated 4.62 based on 2,931 reviews