Saga Car Insurance Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Saga Car Insurance

How would you rate Saga Car Insurance?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

2 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
David Mansworth

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Saga Car Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
David Mansworth
Verified Reviewer
"After many years with saga treated appallingly After many years with SAGA. I like so many reviews here found them to be good for price. Alas that should raise several warning bells. as after many (over 11) claim free years (40 years driving) the following happened. I experienced a incident last year where a van caused a crash for cash incident. No damage to me but presented a many thousand £ claim. And despite my first reporting to Police and fully detailing matter to SAGA. (but not making any claim as the 30mm paint chip to my N/S bumper corner/edge was not worth claiming & marking record for) Providing police report and all letters to & from, and also to their insurers AXA Insurance LTD (SAGA are only agents they don't insure you) they increased my insurance by over 50% (£100+) and reduced my NCB this despite it being totally claim free & 11years protected. Which I paid extra to protect NCB. Now left saga and they have left the penalty to file. and despite many many requests they wont correct file blaming Axa Insurance & they in turn passing the proverbial bat back to SAGA. leaving the scammer richer by thousands & me penalized by marked NCB file Although I never made any claim on the policy, they still increased.and marked NCB file. Beware when insuring with saga !!! .Avoid SAGA and AXA Insurance. . I bet they won't publish this review."
Paul Humphryes
Unverified Reviewer
"Shockingly bad handling of my accident claim and resolution offer. Garage they offered me to repair car were appauling. Firstly they gave me a hire car with a punture and a boot full of rubbish. After being repaired garage bought my car back with white paint all over it, it was collected again and paint removed then it was returned again with screws and bolts missing from the rear wheel arch, collected car again and i was told now all resolved so returned car to me a third time with absolutely no petrol ( i ran out of fuel trying to get to petrol station ) Only to find 3 screws and clips still missing. Garage refused to take car back again and told me to do it myself. ! Locking alloy wheel nut went missing the garage lost it but failed to replace it causing me lots of stress and problems getting a replacement from abroad. Car was not repaired properly and kept jolting and pulling to one side at speed with rear sensors going off and static electric shocks when exiting the car. Complained to garage who didnt want to know and refused to take car back. Complained to Saga who failed to get garage to take car back. Saga finally arranged for independant assessor to come out who failed to turn up for appointment causing me another morning off work. Made another appointment and engineer was here literally 5 minutes and was a total waste of space. Saga then told me to take car to Ford garage for a diagnostic and we took the day off work only to be told by the Ford garage in Epsom at 5pm that were too busy to do diagnostic and i had to re book. After 7 months of stress and problems and many complaints to Saga and garage who undertook the repair i got nowhere. i sold the car and bought an exact as new replacement leaving me £5000 out of pocket. Waited 2 months for Saga complaints team to investigate the issues I contacted them the day of their 8 week deadline to be offered £100 Bought this car from new for £16000 and it was hit when only a months old. I had purchased vehicle for the long term with only a few thousand miles on the clock. How dare Saga insult me with such an appauling offer. Shocking service from start to finish AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!!"
Saga Car Insurance is rated 1.00 based on 2 reviews