Saga Reviews

of reviewers recommend Saga
Over a week

Tell us how Saga made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Took out a travel insurance policy. Noticed 2 days later the date was from 02/20 and not 04/20 so rang them asking them to correct dates. Was told they'd have to charge me £52 cancellation fee as they'd have to cancel that policy and set up a new one. they would not budge so I took my business to a company with better customer service.
ALL I WILL SAY IS DO NOT USE SAGA INSURANCE USE ANYONE ELSE AND YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT AND NOT BE OUT OF POCKET WITH THEIR CANCELLATION FEES AND ADMINISTRATION FEES. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Easy to use website and documents provided by post ad agreed.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 days ago
No comments
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
I took out on line a saga vehicle insurance policy 8 March 2020 to include my 23yr old daughter as an occasional driver.. few hours later when going over the policy I noted they had my daughters YEAR of birth.. as same as mine.. biologically impossible.. when spoke with Saga was told the drop down bar on their web site would have defaulted on my daughters year of birth to mine... I know I typed in correct details ..result being Saga 'cancelled' my policy.. their fault not mine.. since said they didn't insure anyone under 25 yrs of age... despite being less than 8 hours after paying in full.... today is 18th March 2020 and still NO refund has hit my account.. disgraceful ... I wish to warn all of you how they grab your money and do not rectify their mistakes.. thank heavens I had the sense to check my policy through promptly .. since its likely my whole policy sold to me would be invalid due to this error of theirs.. unthinkable... this is not what I would have expected from a reputable company.... where is my refund.. yet alone compensation for inconvenience causes with potential financial hardship
Prices for buildings and contents are good. Contacted them to make a claim for a storm damaged roof and basically still waiting.
Tried number of times to get a quote 3weeks prior 2 weeks prior for price for renewal in mean time got quote for 200 pounds cheaper people on phone for saga Terrible really rude man 13 March 5 45 pm couldn’t care less if I wanted to renew or not always go fully complies with all the extras he said my cover would not be as goOd how he can says this .. recommend go else where
Insured two cars and had excellent service, also my home essential cover, good value and easy to deal with.
Please be aware all. SAGA are merely a broker for insurance. They do not deal with any claims in house. They are very poor at handling complaints. The 3rd party companies they use to underwrite the insurance and to deal with assessing building claims are incompetent, unprofessional, downright rude. Do NOT use SAGA. Pay a little more and go to an Insurance company who deal with their policies IN HOUSE; And that includes underwriters. Would never use SAGA again. They are a FRONT. Present this fluffy persona for the over 50s. They are wolves in sheeps clothing
BEWARE When renewing my car insurance took the advice from a Saga adviser, only to be saddled with a substantial bill six weeks later. Beware all you old uns out there read the T/Cs over and over. Do Saga target the over 50s assuming they’re are vulnerable?
Excellent value for money and very helpful
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Re: Car insurance; I was insured with them but on the renewal the premium was such an increase we complained and moved else-where. That was December 2017! we have received a letter today [20th Feb 2020] from their leading star, Mr Richard Smith, Head of Customer Advocacy, who is asking what the complaint or dissatisfaction was for... and wanted to improve the service they provide! I couldn't believe my eyes! Is this a real chocolate tea-pot company or what? Having read other customer feedback reports, we will not even consider your company in the future; you give the industry a bad name.
If i could give no stars I would. After my wife's car was hit whilst parked by what turned out to be an uninsured driver I forwarded a detailed report with photos, letters to the other driver, texts from the other driver admitting fault etc. Heard nothing so Emailed the claims team - what a farce that was. The response ranged from had no record of the correspondence to they have the correspondence to they never read anything as they are a claims line. Really - so a customer gives you cast iron no fault claim evidence and you are not interested. Or you have lost it or you have it - take your pick which is it to be as I was told all of these. Telephoning the claims line was an experience. One lady went to look for the report then just cut me off and did not call back. Other staff were unhelpful and not interested. A final Email was "I cant find nothing on file " - seems to be poorly educated staff without command of English. I rendered a formal complaint in writing. The published complaints policy is that a reply will be made within 5 working days. What a joke - after near on three weeks have heard nothing from Saga so yet another complaint sent out. I am not holding my breath. I will now not renew either of our car insurance with Saga at next renewal date and would never use then for ANYTHING. If you need to claim, Email or talk to somebody to get any sense you end up in the hands of what appears to be young and poorly trained call centre staff who have no interest in understanding the issues. Worst customer service I have ever had.
Do not use this company if you have any problems,cancelled my policy on car while ill in hospital.When I came out of hospital they said they had sent 5 letters,3 in fact recieved,and a recorded delivery letter signed by a mystery man called Mr Batter,funny because I live above a chippy !! Nice lady on phone,but inept management team,as would not resolve issue I had,as I,and staff could not of signed for recorded letter,due to me being in hospital,and no chippy staff not present at time of alleged time of signing.Good luck SAGA with your so called caring TV and media adverts,should be reported for false advertising !! Anyway,no family or friends will be using SAGA in the future,and the ones who are with them are all going to cancel and policies with SAGA.Good job I did not die,as nogood at typing 6 feet under anyway.Good luck SAGA,read your reviews,and hope your company goes out of business,looking by all the rubbish reviews you are getting on the internet,doubt it will not be long !!
Very easy to renew but hopeless when you try to claim. Leak in boiler or system. Took an hour to arrange call out. Engineer confirmed leak. Didn't know if we were covered for repair. After an hour still trying to find out if covered by saga. Unfortunately tied in to 3 year deal. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Anytime I have had to contact the company by phone I find their staff very helpful. Documents are stored online in ‘my saga’ easy to retrieve if needed.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Everythjng was very easy.Wished I had gone with Saga years ago!
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Retired, didn't need two cars anymore so sold one and cancelled my insurance with Saga. I was told that that was that and that the direct debit would be stopped at midnight on that day, all payments up to date. A couple of days later I received a letter from Saga telling me that I owed them £57.77. I queried this and was told that there was a £50 cancellation fee. Make sure you read the small print is the message, £50 is excessive and I would never take out any insurance with Saga again.
Saga Holidays - cruise started well - 4 days in had to curtail on saga doctors advice - claimed as we had saga insurance - 3 months later said not insured - 58.00 compensation - after prolonged threats of court action eventually paid out 5k ! - Never use Saga insurance - they will do anything to get out of paying as they use underwriters who obviously take a commission cut !
Brilliant