Safestyle UK Reviews

12PM
Click Here

Tell us how Safestyle UK made you happy

Over a week
"So I had arranged for my windows and doors to be fitted today. I called yesterday to confirm a time that they would arrive, they explained that at the time I had called the department I needed to speak to was shut, however, they reassured me that I was booked in for the next day and that they normally arrive between 8am-2pm, but they would ask the fitters to call me in the morning to arrange a time. I woke up at 7am the next day to make sure I was ready incase they came early. At 9:30am I still had not received a call, I called up head office, they said they would ask the fitters to call me. Half an hour later I received a call from Safestyle to say that their fitters had not turned up. I am utterly disappointed at the service and lack of communication I have so far received from Safestyle. I have been reassured that my doors and windows will be fitted tomorrow, so we shall see if the fitters decide to turn up for their shift and if not I hope I don’t have to chase this up."
Are you Safestyle UK? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"They didn’t even bother to turn up to provide us with our free quote. No phone call to advise us they are running late or need to rebook. Nothing."
"Worst double glazing firm on the planet. If you want to endure 3 hours of some slimeball plucking ficticious discounts out of thin air to arrive at a price then go for it. Product is average at best and fitting is a joke. Think they stick most products in with expanding foam, don't think they know what a screw is. Avoid at all costs. You will regret using them"
"I have never written a review for anything before but had to for this company. Awful experience from beginning to end to try and purchase a new front door. The first salesman was pushy, saying we had to sign there and then that day to make a saving on his special "friends and family" discount, on a vastly inflated initial price. We said we would think about it. The company then made numerous phone calls trying to get us to meet another salesman which verged on being a nuisance. The second salesman offered a price of around £1480 for a composite door which we specifically asked for identical colour on interior and exterior. We were assured this was fine and signed an agreement with Barclays finance via Safestyle UK for an interest free loan for that door. They give you a 14 day cooling off period to cancel that loan or you incur charges. With 8 days left to go of that cooling off period the surveyor attended and stated the door was rosewood outside and white inside and that the salesman should never have placed the order for that door as they cannot do the same colour both sides. We chose another door and was promised Safestyle UK would honor the original quote. The whole process dragged on over the next week chasing the company until, with three days left on the cooling off period, Safestyle UK said they could do the order for an extra £450!! Naturally we cancelled the order. The fun then started with trying to cancel the loan with Barclays Finance who in turn said they could do nothing until Safestyle UK cancelled the loan. This led to more calls to Safestyle UK. We think we have now cancelled everything with two days of the cooling off period to spare. An absolute headache from beginning to end. The salesmen are at the best incompetent and at the worst, plain deceptive to sting you for as much money as possible. God forbid an elderly or vulnerable person have to deal with this company. A disgrace."
"The company us quick enough to take your money but unfortunately are adverse to answering emails or calls when it comes to warranty issues. Been trying for 3 weeks now. The stuff was only installed in the spring. Very poor quality matched only by the poor customer service."
"TThe salesman took a deposit with promises of what could be done, and when their engineer came he denied those possibilities in the combinations of colours and materials we wanted. The company has agreed to cancel the order but two and a half months on, we have not received a refund of the deposit. Avoid!"
"Shocking aftercare, my door unable to lock properly rang as under warranty, couldn't get anyone out for a month, on the day I rang to check, they informed me no engineer was booked in, didn't believe me, kept me on the phone for over an hour whilst they listened to the phone message, finally agreed I was in the right, still couldn't book me in for another week, then phoned on the newly arranged day and cancelled again due to sickness. Rubbish service - don't recommend at all. Useless!"
"We contacted CompareCompanies for double glazing quotes. They advertised multiple companies would be offered to us. In the event they only offered Safestyle as being close to our post code - there are at least 5 reputable companies I can list! The Salesman arrived and spent 30 minutes extolling the virtues of Safestyle widows. He was at pains to stress they were a reputable company - the largest in the UK and backed their prices as fully guaranteed and the quote valid for 12 months. He measured all the windows that needed replacement and said 'if you can accurately judge the price I am going to quote you - you have all of it free' - that doesn't sound like a reputable company. He then quoted £8000 for 3 windows. When we said no he then said ;how about £4000 if you sign up today!! - does that sound like a reputable company? He was shown the door. That is such underhanded trickery. How would an old age pensioner cope what that type of sharp practice?"
"Paid £1600 for a badly fitted door that is not even straight, now I’ve got slugs and worms crawling into my house under the door which I was told was druafproof. Total scam company and should be exposed on watchdog"
"Badly fitted lock, they left me in unsecured home for three weeks and still waiting. Old windows still in my back garden not collected. customers service good for nothing they just apologise and make empty promises, or blame me for not answering phone calls which never happened, wasted time to hold the line, email not working, online complaint system not responsive. Lost three days of my annual leave and two weekends so far waiting for them. I don’t really know what else I can do but to write reviews and warn people about this company."
"The after care with this company is beyond shocking. My mother had a door fitted, it was not closing properly within a couple of days. She called to get someone out and they eventually set an appointment for 3 weeks later after a very rude woman on the phone actually upsetting my mum by saying 'i work 47 hours a week, you have to make time for these things' emplying my retired mum was not making time just because 1 date she suggested she couldn't do... Eventhough she already made time for it to be fitted, they should work around her for a fault. Then a couple days later the door wouldn't even lock. We called up and they said the office wasnt open and we would have to callback the next day. Leaving a 66 year old woman who lives on a main road and living alone with an unlocked door all night. After trying a couple of times the next day we got through and finally got someone put to fix it that afternoon. We raised a complaint with the MD. Had a generic 'sorry for the issue we have let the customer service manager know' that was it. I would highly highly recommend you do not use this company especially if you think safety is important because this company clearly does not. They beleive it is acceptable to leave a 66 year old woman in an insecure house overnight and speaking to her in a disgusting manner is good after service. My mother paid over £12,00 for the door. She also paid for the number to be engraved in tbe glass which we are still waiting to happen. We communicated with both the head office and Plymouth office, neither seem to be bothered. Hopefully this review will help people decide not to use this company as i would hate to think this happen again and an intruder or burguler enter a property because of their lack of care or interest in safety with their fittings."
"Excellent job from start to finish, the 3 lads that came were polite, professional & very tidy, will definitely recommend safestyle UK."
"I am 100% DISsatisfied with SafeStyle UK. They come to give us a quote what turned to a 1.5 hours conversation including the measurements. We could not agree on the price and at the end we ended up with a payment of £100 what we DID NOT want. We wanted to have a quote only - so we asked them to cancel the payment and they told us it is NOT possible. Only if we follow their cancellation policy. We went online and called the related number - sitting on the phone for 46 minutes (chargeable number obviously) some one answered. He sent us an email and asked us to print, sign and post them. Same day we posted them with 1st Class signed for..... Since then we have not received our money back... and it was a month ago already.... We had quote from different window companies - I can say that all of them have the same windows.. exactly the same... but one company is more expensive then the other. I recommend the bright light guys (they come, measure, no spam talking, telling the price... and that's it)"
"Extremely poor after sales service. They take your money and then if something is wrong with the product, it is impossible to get hold of anyone. They make promises to come out and rectify the problem but then never turn up on the date they have appointed. Then it is an endless circle of calling, no response, or false promises when you do eventually talk to someone. AVOID THIS COMPANY"
"What went wrong!!!!well where do I start two surveyors couldn't agree on measurements fitters that were binmen week before so obviously qualified didn't understand what a supporting bay was consequently it collapsed left the mess,for us to sort out ,phone down on you when you complain...... need I say more"
"Paid extra for a 'custom' sized door, only for the surveyor to come and say it was just going to be a standard one. I cancelled the order within 5 days of placing it but safestyle have kept my deposit despite promising to return it, and ignore my emails and calls. Can't get through on the number just goes in a circle of automated messgaes, and if I ever do get through they hang up on me."
"Totally unreliable company 3 appointments made to come and quote, 3 times they have failed to attend - despite calling on the day to confirm that they are coming. Obviously this shoddy company don't want work - and certainly will not be given another chance by us. Avoid and find a decent reliable company."
"New door fitted earlier today and - so far at least - have no complaints whatsoever. The fitters turned up at a time that suited me and were very polite and quick and cleaned up afterwards. Door guaranteed for 10 years, so I might possibly come here again and up/downgrade the star rating."
"The salesman's opening statement "I am not a salesperson" - we then endured a 30 minute "pitch" of sales spew and videos. Adding - we do not overprice and then offer big discounts at the end... except thats exactly what he did! The most out of date sales techniques ever. 50% discount but still over £2k more than a reliable, longstanding local business. To boot, just been called for a follow up and explained it was too much, to which he HUNG UP. Customer service as cr@p as their price."
Safestyle UK is rated 1.35 based on 119 reviews