Safestyle UK Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend Safestyle UK
4PM
4PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Safestyle UK?

Tell us how Safestyle UK made you happy

"give them a miss! windows appear top quality but fitter are lousy and just lob them in. No point having a top quality double glazed window if they dont bother to secure them properly or seal them in. The is daylight all around mine with a bit of pvc strip glued over the gap. Is colder now than it was with old aluminium windows. Having to get quotes to get the windows fitted and sealed properly as safestyle customer services is worse than their fitters"
Are you Safestyle UK? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Not one to usually criticise a business without justification however I feel I must give word of warning to any potential safestyle customers. The product installed itself was very good however the customer service is far from 5 stars. The initial appointment was missed by the salesman and scheduled for the next evening, a mere hiccup 'we thought' as the surveyor arrived on time and scheduled our installation for 11 Dec. I had no work holiday left (due to taking some for Xmas) so took an unpaid day expecting to utilise it in the new door installation. The installation team were due between 0800-1400 on the 11th. At 0850 of that day I received a call stating they wouldn't be installing on the 11th due to the product not arriving at the local depot. My day wasted however they admitted they knew the night before the product wouldn't be installed on the 11th but yet I was not informed. Imagine if no one was home when they came to install, I can only guess how they would scrutinize the contract agreement. Eventually the product was installed on the afternoon of the 12th, another half day taken off work. The product itself is very good and the installer was excellent which is why this review is 2 stars and not 1. High levels of customer service is severely lacking, once money is passed no one wants to know the effect the non-attendance had on me and then taking the next afternoon to ensure i was home. Maybe some 15-20 calls to head office/local depot ended with a compensation form being posted to me but I have ran out of patience and just want to put this behind me. A obligatory £50 cheque has now been sent to me as an apology but this was 5 weeks after the install and I'm most definitely out of pocket. Unfortunately I cannot recommend Safestyle UK due to poor customer 'pre' and 'after' service, stay away."
"I certainly echo what a lot of unhappy customers have already mentioned. The on the spot decision which must be made, the loss of commission by the sales rep due to a price reduction etc etc. I ordered 5 replacement windows as the ones I had were old and as a result had a draft in most of the rooms. Once the surveyor had been, the scaffolders were booked in a few days later and the window fitters a week or so later. On the day of install 1 fitter arrived with 5 huge windows and it was almost immediately obvious he had no intention of completing the job on the day. I was told by both the surveyor and contact centre that it would take 1 day with a team of fitters. So, it came as no surprise when he left for and only having installed 2 windows which were not filled/sealed from the inside. I was advised when he left that a team of fitters would be with me nice and early the next day and would have the job finished by lunch time……..you’ve guessed it, this didn’t happen either. Only 2 fitters arrived, 1 being a trainee who was only there to help carry things in and move stuff around inside. I was advised it would take at least the whole day and that they may have to return. As a result, I had to take the day out of the office unpaid. During the install, I was very rudely asked to stay downstairs and out of the way as my presence in the room made the fitters uncomfortable. There was no care given on the day to protect my personal belongings, to cover my carpets which were only a year old, mess everywhere, screws left on my felted flat roof, damage to my kitchen, moreover, I have an even worse draft coming into the house than what I did prior to replacing the windows. At the end of the day the windows were in but with major problems in the finishing, the window boards all cut to odd sizes, none of the boards were sealed/packed which would prevent any draft, handles put on the wrong way. I pointed all this out to the fitter, who was very annoyed that I hadn’t mentioned it sooner, I had to remind him about his unprofessional request to stay downstairs, although it was ok for him to yell at the top of his lungs when asking for drinks for him and his assistant. We complete d customer satisfaction form on the day when he was ready to leave, and I was advised someone would be in touch very soon to discuss and arrange a service visit. This never happened, and I had to make all the phone calls to arrange this. The earliest someone is able to attend and resolve the problems I have is the 24th January 2019…..my windows were fitted on the 4th December. I have had to go through the spell of very harsh weather conditions with heating on throughout the night and for my wife kids to sleep with their dressing gowns on to stay warm. A very sub-standard service provided pre-installation and even worse post installation. Avoid at all costs!!!"
"The initial visit and quote was fast and efficient, though vastly overpriced. Negotiation knocked off quite a few thousand, so be prepared to haggle. The guys that fitted them were good, polite and tidy and initially we were delighted. How time can numb this though. First winter we had mold appear on all the mastic, something our previous UPVC windows didn't have! We continue to have to treat this. The real concern for me, having rung up today (8th January 2019) to report that the front door lock is faulty and we can't remove the key, is the apparent lack of 'engineers' available to come and fix it until the 31st. Having elderly and confused parents living with us, who can't understand how the door operates, results in them leaving the key in place, on the outside! This apparently isn't an emergency as I can work out how to lock the door. Wholly unsatisfactory service in my opinion and would suggest other look elsewhere if changing windows and doors. Unless you fancy house sitting for the next three weeks to keep the place secure. Personally I would use a local company next time, if you are thinking of replacement windows you might want to do the same."
"I made an enquiry to get a quotation done however was refused to given a quote on the basis that the owner myself had to be there. I explained that I could not be there but would ensure that my contractor would be, however they refused and put the phone down. Obviously they are only interested in sending some pushy sales person where they can pressure you into buying there and then. I will not be using them out of sheer principle and would recommend others to be weary of them also."
"Would give 0 if I could. Wouldn't quote for replacing two faulty window seals, quoted over £5000 to replace the doors which gradually reduced to £2400 if I accepted there and then. Felt pressurised and at 88 felt it was an unacceptable sales technique. Have now had quote from reputable firm for £240, slight difference!"
"We had our windows fitted Sept 2016. It didn't start well with them cancelling an hour before they were due, apparently one of the guys had put the wrong fuel in the van????? We were then rearranged to the following week and the installation finally went ahead and everything seemed ok. Fast forward 18 months later and discovered that the top of the bay window was all cracked. We contacted safestyle who took ages to send an engineer to look at it. Eventually we were given a date for this to be rectified, only for it to be cancelled three times!!!! One time we were contacted the evening before and the last time (today) we had no notification at all, we had to call to find out why they hadn't turned up. The aftercare is absolutely appalling and no staff member will take responsibility. We were given a contact number to make a complaint by 3 different members of staff, only for the number to be invalid.(obviously a tatic used to get the customer of the phone) you may get a good price, your installation when it happens may be fine, you just better hope you get no problems afterwards as the aftercare is non existent, once they have your money they really don't care. AVOID!!!!!!!!"
"Do not buy from safestyle. I wanted a door with a dog flap, I was told by the salesperson they don’t do that but I could be done by a 3rd party, after the installation I found out that you can’t cut into the glass unit and that safestyle do fit dog flaps! It took 6 months to get any response to my complaint and that was only after I went to the glass and glaziers federation. Safestyle said they would fit me a dog flap only I had to buy it and send it to them, now they have lost the £100 dog flap I purchased and sent them and guess what no response from them! Their customer service is shocking!! Stay away Contract #1260160"
"Very UNHAPPY! Work they started for me over four months ago has still not been finished"
"Signed a contract for an agreed price to replace 1 window and had a phone call around a week or so after entering into a credit agreement with them to say they wanted a further £150 as had to erect a different type of scaffolding.Needless to say I cancelled the order but did get the £100 survey fee back .Have since read fantastic reviews for Doc Windows in Risca so they now have my business."
"Had windows done by safestyle in 2002 this year had a major house fire gutted everything in house yet apart from a few windows being burnt the rest survived a few have broken glass but to with stand a 700 degrees fire I'm very impressed . I would recommended safestyle windows to anyone"
"Ever watched a consumer programme that warns of dodgy sales techniques? - these guys have it all!! Doors that are apparently "approved by the police" - I work for the police and for the record - they aren't. The video they show you, made to look like police attempting to smash the door in - FAKE - these aren't police officers. If its security they're trying to promote would a burglar really walk around with a door whammer? Surely a jemmy or screwdriver is a more realistic test? False claims that these doors are of Secure By Design (SBD) standard - they aren't! The one off special offer if purchased on the day - really? AND by far the most unbelievable is the phone call to the boss to get a one off additional discount - are we honestly still using this line in 2018! - we all know there's no boss on the end of that phone....after all this they were still £500 more expensive than any local provider leaving me with zero confidence and under no illusion these are absolute cowboys that would say or do anything to secure that sale - you've been warned - STAY AWAY!!"
"Unacceptable service. Pressured us to take their offer right on the spot which we foolishly did. They mis sold us the wrong door which was obviously not possible since you can't open a composite door on the outside and there is another door just behind our current one therefore not possible to open on the inside. I had to call on and on as they wouldn't call back. finally got that sorted with barely any reduce price from composite to UPVC. We booked an appointment and they cancelled twice on the same day, I had to call back every time to re-arrange because they were booking us on random week days and not even informing us. Finally someone came but missing half the stuff (knocker, thumb-turn, key, chain etc...) so I had yet again to call back to re-arrange, I did so but this time they can't do a weekend visit as it's not the full door. We arrange to be at home keeping in mind that I work Monday to Friday miles away and not finishing before 5.30 but they would not. They came but with the wrong items, I had to spend again an hour on the phone (incl a 30min hold) to try and sort that out. I proposed Thursday the same week as I had a day at home but cannot and insist they can only do 2 weeks later whoever I am abroad and on and on insist on that date. They refuse to give me a weekend day saying they don't work on those days when initially they wasted 3 of my weekends booking me in and cancelling and they did come on a Saturday therefore they do work on those days. They refuse to send you en email with all the information I requested to have the transcript, they said they would send it... but surprise surprise nothing. They are an awful company and would not recommend them!"
"When they sold the company off to foreign investors and the model changed to pressure selling that's when customer service went out the window (pun intended) and from that point it became a 'sell as much and at the most extortionate markup you can before you get caught' business. After all pressure selling is supposed to be illegal in the UK. Shame really because back in the day they had a great reputation for service even backed up with the memorable character from a popular Soap Opera. Wheres the humanity Safestyle? As for the actual Sales Reps well the less said about their reputations the better. Let's just say they work only on commission with no basic so they will do whatever they can to get that sale otherwise their whole visit is a waste of time :P"
"bought 2 doors of this lot 1 broke said they would replace it its been 4 weeks and have just been told it will take another 4 weeks cant open the door so cant get out into back garden thanks safestyle TAKES YOUR MONEY BUT WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY"
"Poor Service had to have repeated visits to repair the door, still not fixed after 3 years. Will never touch again"
"Ordered new windows and doors to be fitted. Excellent customer service. Job was carried out very well with minimum waste left behind."
"Arranged a time for a sales rep to visit me for a quote on windows and doors I needed to have replaced. A complete waste of time. Website advertised a free 12 month quote. When the sales rep arrived he completed all the measurements and then advised he wouldn't give me a quote unless I was ready to have the work completed within the next month and to call him back when I was ready. Website should not advertise such things if they are not willing to carry out the quote. Definitely would not recommend or even consider when I am ready. the Sales rep was rude and insulated my home. Was happy when he left!"
"Arranged a time for a sales rep to visit me for a quote on windows and doors I needed to have replaced. A complete waste of time. Website advertised a free 12 month quote. When the sales rep arrived he completed all the measurements and then advised he wouldn't give me a quote unless I was ready to have the work completed within the next month and to call him back when I was ready. Website should not advertise such things if they are not willing to carry out the quote. Definitely would not recommend or even consider when I am ready."
"Incompetent, disorganised and underhanded sales tactics! Had a quote from them for a new door last month. Although the sales rep was very persuasive we declined the offer as it was over our budget. We were contacted this week with an agreed offer very close to our budget and arranged for a rep to call the same day. The rep arrived with no knowledge of the agreed price and insisted it had to be £500 more. He phoned the person at the head office we had spoken to who denied all knowledge of the agreed price. Do they really expect people to fall for these underhanded sales tactics? Think again!"
Safestyle UK is rated 1.37 based on 27 reviews