Safestyle UK Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend Safestyle UK

How would you rate Safestyle UK ?

"bought 2 doors of this lot 1 broke said they would replace it its been 4 weeks and have just been told it will take another 4 weeks cant open the door so cant get out into back garden thanks safestyle TAKES YOUR MONEY BUT WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY"
Michael
"Poor Service had to have repeated visits to repair the door, still not fixed after 3 years. Will never touch again"
Habiba
"Ordered new windows and doors to be fitted. Excellent customer service. Job was carried out very well with minimum waste left behind."
"Arranged a time for a sales rep to visit me for a quote on windows and doors I needed to have replaced. A complete waste of time. Website advertised a free 12 month quote. When the sales rep arrived he completed all the measurements and then advised he wouldn't give me a quote unless I was ready to have the work completed within the next month and to call him back when I was ready. Website should not advertise such things if they are not willing to carry out the quote. Definitely would not recommend or even consider when I am ready. the Sales rep was rude and insulated my home. Was happy when he left!"
"Arranged a time for a sales rep to visit me for a quote on windows and doors I needed to have replaced. A complete waste of time. Website advertised a free 12 month quote. When the sales rep arrived he completed all the measurements and then advised he wouldn't give me a quote unless I was ready to have the work completed within the next month and to call him back when I was ready. Website should not advertise such things if they are not willing to carry out the quote. Definitely would not recommend or even consider when I am ready."
"Incompetent, disorganised and underhanded sales tactics! Had a quote from them for a new door last month. Although the sales rep was very persuasive we declined the offer as it was over our budget. We were contacted this week with an agreed offer very close to our budget and arranged for a rep to call the same day. The rep arrived with no knowledge of the agreed price and insisted it had to be £500 more. He phoned the person at the head office we had spoken to who denied all knowledge of the agreed price. Do they really expect people to fall for these underhanded sales tactics? Think again!"
Sarah Gregory
"Would not send round a salesperson to give a quote without my husband being present - insulting telephone manner and would not use."
Chrissie Sims
Verified Reviewer
"I had my two Windows and door installed 2016 , The fitter turned up on his own I wish I had sent him away!!! I ended up helping to carry window upstairs and lift bottom window in whilst he packed it .!! I am a woman in my 50's.! Which meant it wasn't finished installation until nearly mid night. I am so disappointed ,I contacted them last Jul :/ August as my window would not shut in alignment and the door lock kept turning but not unlocking ( this is my only exit)They don't have a problem with sending fitters out when you can finally get through to them. BUT to get the parts that need replacing is whole new ISSUE!! He told me the window was out of alignment but couldn't be moved as it would put my door out as it's one unit but that's ok because it's with in regulations ,it's still the same today . The old wooden window which was removed was fitted better. The window catch was broken that you move to pull the window back , but I'll bodge it up for now and order you a new one that was last August and I'm still waiting! The knocker kept coming out of its housing he was meant to bring one when he came but guess what no knocker when he came back in December yes December he brought a knocker , but just a plain knockers not my nice one I refused him to put it on , but because it hadn't been replaced in August a back bolt had sheared off so he bodged it, and yes I'm still waiting , !! I now have two water leaks from the seal around or from my front door .!!!!! They give a ten year warranty for fitters maybe but getting anything totally fixed is a night mare I'm at the end of my teather and I now have no option but to take it further, it's a shame as I had great expectations using a big company , they use the hard sale but can't back it up."
Stefan Astley
Verified Reviewer
"Got a quotation from Safestyle for our property in Dunstable - 5x window frames, georgian bar-style with a composite front door. List price around the £7,500 mark - Knocked down to £4,700 with haggling (Inc VAT). Sales process was the usual pushy stuff, but knew what we wanted and were happy with the price and the product - we commited to buy. Salesman came from the Watford branch. All down hill from there... Survey was booked for a week from the sale - On that note BE CAREFUL - They have a 7 day cooling off period (contract signing counts as day 1 so if you sign in the evening you realistically only have 6 days), after that you may not get your money back if you cancel. We fortunately did. Our problems started when the surveyor dropped the appointment 20 mins before it was due to start, a week following the sale (and conveniently a day outside the cooling off period). Apparently he had driven up from Brighton, and was only just about to get to an appointment in Htichin (30 mins away). My partner argued the case, but he refused to honour the appointment. Called head office there and then who obviously got on his case, as we then received an angry voicemail from the guy claiming personal issues (in fact he straight-up stated that a family member was undergoing treatment for cancer) hence the cancellation. We're all human and of course we have sympathy, but making that someone else's problem is extremely unprofessional to me. The cynic in me also thinks it was an extremely inappropriate excuse. On the phone to head office again, the lady (Georgia) was extremely apologetic (the head office guys get 5***** by the way) - But she handed over to the surveyors, the manager of which (Scott) is apprently in meetings for the full time he is contracted to be there, or again the cynic in me also thinks he plausibly could just not have been arsed and was ignoring our calls. We managed to speak to him once to transfer a copy of the angry voicemail to him, but that was it. In the end, after being called about 4 times in the space of 2 working days to re-book the survey (which we obviously did not want to do prior to finalising our complaint with the surveying manager), and spending our own private time chasing these guys on probably around 6 occasions, enough was enough. We managed to successfully cancel, whilst arguing that although outside the contract cooling off period, as the survey had not been undertaken that we had not had made-to-measure goods supplied and therefore the contract was not applicable at this stage. A few pieces of advice for future buyers of Safestyles products: - Do not take time off work for salesman or surveyors, they CAN do it all in evenings and other free time; - Knock them down, HARD - 58% was the discount on list price for us (ex VAT); - Feel free to accept the quote to get rid of the salesman - Cancel the next day if you need to; - Only put down the minimum - they need only a £100 survey fee to get going; - If they don't undertake the survey but you're outside the cooling off period and want to cancel, claim what we did. They HAVE to refund you; - Head-office does appear to be reasonably well staffed, for any concerns; - Request a local surveyor, a trick we missed; - Do shop around, their "like for like" apparently for windows anyway, = A+ rated frames and thats it; and - If they refuse to refund, our next objective would have been to continue to delay the surveyor indefinitely - They can't manufacture the product until that process has been done. We would have been £100 out of pocket, but a small price to pay compared to what could have been trying to get a warranty claim out of these guys or anything like that. Very nice products, but shamefully let down by their first impressions. Shame it was just a pipe dream, but maybe we got lucky..."
"After 90 days and 6 attempts to complete my windows and door I have gave up, it is still wrong and in complete. They will not give compensation and you will find it virtually impossible to talk to any one. When you do get hold of somebody they are reading everything of a script and then resort to rudeness. It was the worst decision we ever made to use Safestyle. Please do not make the same mistake. The advert on TV looks good but the company is rubbish. Mr Reid in Birmingham."
"Door was fitted on the 30/08/17 2weeks later it would not close. I phoned the helpline on the 19/9/17. Could not get through, the same on the following day, I then emailed the company on their website on the 20/09/17 and again on the 22/09/17. No ,response. on the 25/09/17 I emailed a complaint. No response. I finally got through today but was told they could not send engineer till the 20/10/17.this company either has many complaints or they are not employing enough staff to deal with complaints.chris adams"
Mrs Riley
"They refused to quote unless my husband was present even though it's my house."
Safestyle UK is rated 1.31 based on 13 reviews