Royal Mail Reviews

Royal Mail have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

3% of reviewers recommend Royal Mail
1 New Reviews Written
1 New Reviews Written
4PM
4PM

How would you rate Royal Mail ?

"They are the worst company for deliver available, will provide you with the worst service possible. So if you are looking for a consistent letdown, use royal mail."
Posted 50 minutes ago
"Awful. Stuck in the past. I used to be a real advocate of the royal mail. Possibly just from a heritage perspective. However they have not moved with the times and with that holds a certain arrogance in their business processes which unfortunately inconveniences customers. I'm a huge Amazon shopper and every other delivery company seems to get the gist of putting the parcel in the "safe place", except royal mail who posted a card through my letterbox asking me to collect from a nearby sorting office which closed at 12.45 midweek. Extremely inconvenient for someone who works full time. When I asked why they did this they informed me that putting in a safe place was at the postman's discretion. No. I disagree. I have already okayed this safe place with Amazon and I do not have time to be inconvenienced by poor royal mail business processes. Am I a fan of royal mail anymore? No. I hope Amazon supplier's stop using them."
"A letter arrived from my bank...the envelope was ripped open ,it contained all my personal bank details ..account number ect...so I had to change my account...... It's not the first time that I.ve had this problem with R M....envelopes ripped open and cheques missing from bithday cards. when I tell them about it , the same old excuse.....WE TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY.....THOUSANDS OF LETTERS GO THROUGH THE SORTING OFFICE EVERY DAY, ONLY A FEW ARE DAMAGED...blah blah.....oh and here's a book of stamps to compensate la de da..."
"I had a really important package to send from Dundee, Scotland to Paris, France. Royal Mail Tracked and Signed in 3-5 days seemed to fit the bill, how wrong was I!!!! My package was posted on 27.09.18 and for 2 days I tracked it and could see it had left the UK & arrived in France then nothing, nada, rien! What I quickly realised was that Royal Mail tracked & signed meant tracked until your package leaves the UK then basically you are on your own. On phoning Royal Mail, it took trying the whole day and hanging on for 55mins to actually speak to someone, who could only tell me what I could see for myself on the website, my package had left the UK on 29.09.18 and I’d know nothing more until it was delivered. The only other advice I was given was to claim compensation if it hadn’t arrived after 20 days - great, thanks a lot!!!! On 12.10.18 after checking the tracking website for La Post in France every day for almost two weeks with nothing except ‘in transit’ I could see my package had indeed arrived at the local post office and was ready for collection. Because I’d used Tracked & Signed no attempt was made to deliver the package as a signature was required!!!! Fortunately I was doing my best to track the package and could understand the French website to be able to understand no attempt was going to be made to deliver and could direct the recipient as to where and how to collect the package. So, £10.50 and 15 days later the parcel was duly collected and later that same day the Royal Mail website showed the packages had successfully been delivered - poetic license I think?! The irony is the package was really important and despite the fact I was going to France myself on 6.10.18, not to Paris but I could have brought it with me and at least sent it internal mail for a lot less. I felt it couldn’t wait and chose a service I thought I could have trusted but now realise is actually misrepresented and indeed missold. There are plenty of other carrier services that do exactly what they say they’ll do and hat you can track from pick up right through to delivery. I’ve used ‘send my bag’ a few times and found them excellent, this time I thought the package was only small, 500gms and Royal Mail was the best option, never again. I could never recommend this service, it’s a complete sham."
"Terrible and often no postal deliveries, also a severe shortage of post boxes. Royal mail is now run for the shareholders and not its customers."
"Absolute waste of time something needs to be done about this service as it is a waste of time."
"Nobody seems to answer the phone numbers provided , the automated service didn’t work after trying many times , same with scanning wasted over a hour trying"
"We have recently sent 2 lots of documents to Spain using the track and sign for service. One lot took 10 days to arrive and the other took 12 days. Each lot had several days where they never moved from Madrid and the first lot were days before leaving the UK. The tracking system is a total waste of money and in future we will use another company."
"I was expecting a parcel from China and Royal mail was due to deliver it to my home address on 3rd October 2018 and according to the tracking information it said that it had been delivered yet I did not receive the parcel. I assume that the postman delivered it to the wrong address. Utterly useless."
"You get a tracking number and it doesn’t even recognise it ?..."
"parcel arrived having been dipped in a red liquid. As the contents were books they were stained red. I tried to fill out the online form requesting compensation but it was enormously time consuming and finally refused to upload. I tried ringing customer service but after hanging on for 20 minutes I hung up. This is a terrible service to the public."
"Disappointing for Royal Mail to use awful GLS service Unfortunately for many EU citizens living in the UK, all international Tracked and Signed letters to many EU countries are handled by GLS. In my case, they have failed twice to deliver within 3-5 working days, as Royal Mail promises - it generally takes about 2 weeks! The funny part is that whenever I have sent ordinary mail, generally arrives in 3 days. My latest experience: Item collected by RM on Sept 21st and left the UK on the 22nd. GLS scammers in Germany registered the item on 24th and it arrived in Greece on October the 3rd, after 8 days! I suppose it will reach its final destination on 4th of 5th, i.e. 15+ calendar days after postage! I understand RM have reasons to be proud of the Victorian era, but this is not a reason for them to provide a 18th century postal service nowadays! Even worse: GLS people in Greece informed me that GLS Germany has replaced air freight services with road transport! Which takes for sure at least 5-7 working days to arrive, plus some time to arrive in Germany, plus some time for local services to deliver, it sums up to more than 2 weeks. This means that Royal Mail know exactly what is going on and are just lying and misleading people when the say 3-5 days Bad reputation and bad practice for Royal Mail, since they have decided to use GLS and not the national mail services of each country. And in addition, they own GLS, so they are responsible for this incompetence."
"I sent a parcel to Austria. 2 weeks later it is still sitting in the local post office sorting office. I get a card saying they need a customs charge fee. I pay it on line. they ask for the address on their card which is mine. I hope they are not going to deliver it back to me and not Austria. Nothing is clear on the website and there is no email contact. You may as well talk to the wall. No one gives a damm"
"Sent a packet overseas with Rpyal Mail track and trace. Waited 5 days at their Langley depot before being put on a plane to the ultimate destination!"
"Received an email @ 6.18am yesterday advising that a Tracked item would be delivered - still waiting 36 hours later ... Northampton Crow Lane appalling service - never the same staff, hold mail back ... unprofessional"
"Important package sent by recorded delivery 1st class. Tracking only showed it at the Post Office where I left it. Had to spend lot of time and stress finding out that in fact it had been delivered -tracking still shows it at the post office!. I complained - it said could not make a claim for 10 days! The most appalling fact is that the Royal Mail reply said they could not check the tracking - done by another company/system. It is totally dishonest to use a service - promised a reliable by the Royal Mail where they are not in control of a crucial service and that they fail to understand that waiting 10 days to complain is totally unacceptable John Roberts"
"Sent a parcel to my mum for her 70th birthday from Australia paid $55 she was charged £28 to collect it £20 custom tax....why should she pay tax on a gift I had already paid tax on?? and £8.50 post office handling fee's how else are they supposed to deliver my item I paid to deliver in my postage cost if tgeir not going to handle it. Absolutly disgusting she is a pensioner so either she pays up or declines our gift this needs to change no wonder people no longer using royal mail I know I wont be infuture."
"Royal Fail special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm or 48 hours later if your lucky Didn't your mum tell you don't make promises you can't keep If I was able to make you feel the distress and frustration you cause time again with the obvious permanent Friday afternoon dont give a damn attitude and the organisation of a bag of frogs i would but for now ill just let you know your a pile of C@×P"
"Absolutely useless service!!!!! I have sent an item on Friday. After several days it still shows that the item is in the same post office. It is very likely that it is got lost. I mean what a bunch of ..... working there and can not deliver simple letter or a box... . It could be fine if it will be late day or two but item gets lost totally. How does this even happens? Is there anyone responsible for employees... You muppets 21st century not able to create procedure to complete such a simple tasks and on top of that you are paid for this... Claim form? £50 refund? stick this into your..."
"Tried several times to get through on the phone (345 774 0740) for a general query and gave up waiting every time. I'd only use company this as a last resort."
Royal Mail is rated 1.15 based on 232 reviews