Royal Mail Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Royal Mail

How would you rate Royal Mail?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

131 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Royal Mail in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Sent a small parcel and paid fee for first class signed for on monday morning so that it will be deliverd next day,but it didn"t contacted royal mail customer service was told we aim to deliver next day but not guarantted,why the hell royal mail don"t this in small notes so that customers can choose alternative method.Very disappointed and never trust royal mail service?"
Mrs Jean Bartlett
Verified Reviewer
"Over the last few months I've been ordering quite a few bits and pieces, so have been forced to use Royal Mail with some companies. It is clear that Royal Mail are now worse than i can ever remember. Parcels often getting lost, 1st class is now a minimum of 3 day delivery service and 2nd class is always a delivery "end of next week". Royal Mail you must be ashamed of yourselves."
"Most unfriendly site. How can you still ask with a less than 4% good reviews.You should close your door. USELESS"
"Royal Mail should not be using GLS when parcels are sent from the UK to Portugal as all the parcels go missing. Even lost my renewed passport. Disgusting service."
"Awful Service"
"Doesn’t really deserve a 1 star Sent parcel to USA explained at time needed to get there fairly urgently. Was told 7-10 days maximum. That was on 18th Jan. Today 29th Jan I find out it hasn’t even left UK. Last update on tracking site was 18th Jan and it stated on way to Heathrow. Where it is now is anyone’s guess. All customer service would say is it many take 25 days. What??!! I was not told this. I wanted to complain and was given a complaint number. So Zinadjed now what. Will someone call me? I have had to insist on a call back which apparently will be three days. Service? What service? Why on earth give a tracking number when you can’t track it because as I was told ..”it goes through many portals before actual delivery”. Hello ..... that’s what is meant by tracking. You can track where parcel is! Will never use Royal Mail for international delivery again. Extremely poor service!"
"Royal mail are hopeless. They take forever to deliver parcels. I've lost count how many times my parcels have went missing and parcels get bumped on a Saturday so they get finished early. Its shocking and they try to deliver parcels during the day when they know people are at work.. They should be delivering parcels right up to 9.00 in the evening. Very poor service and needs improved"
"The only postbox in this small rural village has been sealed up so nowD I have to get the car out and drive to the next village to post a letter, Not everyone has a car so how are they expected to manage unless a neighbour does it for them? Royal Mail used to be a service but now it is a business only profit counts - service has gone out of the window."
"Very poor customer service - sent an item 30th Dec 2017 first class Recorded Delivery - Item was delivered 3rd Jan 2018 and was refused. After checking where the item was we found that it was at Beeston Depot waiting to be returned to sender. Spoke to Customer service Pauline 10th Jan stating not received and she would open an investigation. I was told if I had not heard anything by 20th Jan 2018 to fill a P58 form on line. This was completed 19th Jan 2018. Received a letter dated 20th Jan 2018 giving compensation book of 12 first class stamps. Not a happy bunny....... Rang customer services and spoke to Jack who informed me that I need proof of how much item was worth, and item was "lost" at depot..... A second hand I-Phone hand set???? as I informed him we put a value on the proof of delivery and we have it in writing...... I was made to feel a fibber re value. I now have to go back to website to see how much value a second hand mobile phone is..... after nearly a month of sending the item....... poor service from Royal Mail re delivery and "lost" item. Jack I was listening to what you were stating and I understood fully.... and it is a shame that Royal Mail does not record calls - this is what wast stated from Jack, as I wish to escalate this further with service and customer service with Jack"
"Service keeps getting poorer, yet more expensive. Guaranteed, Tracked One-day Delivery did not happen. No explanation as to why."
"Ordered Live insects with next day delivery. gave supplier instructions to leave in my secure place. Postie attempted to deliver the parcel but did not follow instructions on label they did not even try to leave next door who were obviously in as I watched the attempted delivery on my CCTV. next available delivery date 25 Jan. the contents will be dead by then. Rang to arrange re-delivery and waited 15 mins for an unsatisfactory answer it was like speaking to a tape recording with no effort to help. I will use an alternative in future even if it costs more Never, never will I use again."
"I'm a small business and have suffered numerous losses over Christmas and New Year. I've never had so many items not received. I raise money for animal charities and unfortunately have had to issue a huge amount of refunds. I have lost the items, the money and wasted postage. I'm considering just giving up. It's horrendous. Despite putting a return address I haven't received any packages back."
"They're absolutely awful. Items sent 1st class or express delivery and they have lost my parcels. It's a joke!"
"The complaints department are so thick I would understand if they were African or from Nigeria because the language barrier mag effect them understandin English but if you tell them 7 times the post man was putting delivering my mail at my old address not putting it for redirection even after the manager asked him are you putting it in at the old address? He lies and say no then I find out because I have had a recorded delivery which hasn't turned up only too be told he put the red card in at my old address how dumb and thick can the postman be? 'Then the letter I received yesterday dated the 10th January 2018 state's I am sorry to learn that you received mail in another person's name! I never mentioned that at all in my call to the complaintsame department it's been signed by a twit in the name of Paul Bryan The dummies award goes to this person!"
Joana Baptista, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Verified Reviewer
"My eBay item got lost in the post. I went to the Royal Mail depot 3 times and the item was never found but, curiously, when the 18-day deadline for item collection came up, the item was found and returned to the sender!!! I called Royal Mail to try and get a refund and was greeted by an unacceptably rude and patronising call centre employee who told me I would receive no refund whatsoever and there was nothing Royal Mail would do. Lovely experience... not."
"Very disapointing service.. first of all very rarely they are leaving notes and are mixing up packages. The man in post office is rude and arogant, didn’t even listen when I asked him a few questions, at the end gave me a parcel which belonged to my flatmate and asked if i can take it without checking any ID, but going to the point after 40 min searching they couldn’t find my order and said to call customer service to talk with them about it, I was in hurry so it pissed me off very much.. now my parcel is missing. This is the last time when I’m using their service!!"
"It often takes several days to receive post that we know has been sent to us first class mail. It is unusual to get our mail delivery before 2pm. Several times recently, there has been no delivery at all, followed by a day when we get a big bundle of mail - ie several days worth. Meanwhile the price of sending mail is rocketing and if you don't take out additional insurance, some local post office staff turn very nasty."
"I went to my local post office and asked to send a letter to Greece the quickest possible way with guaranteed delivery. This was on 5/12/17. I paid £6.25 for the privilege. Their 'track & trace' showed that the letter was 'delivered & signed for' on 18/12/17 (it would have walked there faster !), but the intended recipient never received it. I emailed an enquiry to Royal Mail asking for an explanation about the non delivery on 18/12/17. I received an automated reply that they would 'aim to respond within 2 working days'. So far, on 4/1/18, I have yet to receive a response. It is, of course, unacceptable behaviour by a major organisation. However, by looking at the comments here, they have a totally arrogant and cavalier attitude towards 'service' in general and 'customer service' in particular and they do not care to change this. A disgrace!!"
"Twice I've sent packages with important things in it and they NEVER ARIVED to destination. I spend the extra fee for tracking and next day delivery but it was useless. Very bad at their jobs and really unwilling to make things better."
"The delivery man is very rude, arrogant and racist. And he is the one who always delivers item. he does not even respond when we used to greet him like saying good morning and thank you. we do not expect him to chat with us but still there should be some politeness and he has a very negative attitude. he always knocks the door very loud and mostly flips the letter box hole extremely loud as if he hates asian. If we are like 2 seconds delay in opening the door he becomes somewhat aggressive and abusive. he also abused my dad once.we feel very unpleasant and if possible I would like to request royal mail to send different staff for delivering parcels in SE18."
Royal Mail is rated 1.19 based on 131 reviews