Royal Mail Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Royal Mail

How would you rate Royal Mail?

152 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Royal Mail in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Royal Mail gone down the drain, company needs to change the name to Fail mail. Trust me if there was a minus star rating it would definitely be a -10 I don't understand they say they want to work as a business but whats the point if they can't provide the service people are paying for and just bag the money. I suggest people start using other courier companies, there are many out there who does the job perfect."
"AWFUL , thieving, incompetent idiots. NO alternative to sending goods via large letters that make it profitable for me to do so. They have you over a barrel and couldnt care a less. I lose hundreds of pounds each year to them losing and stealing goods I send. I am working for nothing as the compensation (IF they pay) only covers the materials used to make the goods, I get NO money for my time to make that product, I may as well re name my business as "free for all"as I carry the royal fail and I am now a charity as I work for nothing don't you know, IF there was a MINUS mark I could give them it would be MINUS 100"
"Regular as clockwork with late and lost deliveries. Ridiculous ques in post office branches. Cannot understand how the survive with this total contempt of customers. Now signed for is a meaningless waste of time when postman can use neighbour of his discretion to leave your stuff with and find them not home for days AND is number 65 close to 100. I could go on............."
"What went wrong? Rude aggressive staff unreliable deliveries staff showing signs of institutional neurosis worst service for mail ever. Unhelpful non existent complaints system should be closed down. Has not met its public service agreement in years."
"Track and trace NEVER works!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"I understand the local complaints on hear but for us in the Unoted States it's not much better. Our postal office is awful. Yet every time I order something from our mother country in the UK, I get it on time of not before the given delivery date. RM goes right to the processing center in Detroit, Michigan then right down to me in Northwest Ohio. I order from hear in the states and it will go to 10 different locations, often passing it's destination point before it arrives to its location. I'm not a local Brit, so I can't review how they deliver locally. But oversees stand point I'm very happy with Royal Mail and order often now from the good ole UK."
Unhappy Customer
Verified Reviewer
"My package located at the local delivery office was lost and Royal Mail don't care. Their solution is that I request refund from supplier. What a dreadful company who still think they have a monopoly. Hopefully they will go to the wall soon, and we can then truly open this market up."
"Parcel from internet provider went missing. Customer service is useless, they just were able to give phone number to call where you can’t not get any solution. What is the point to keep that Royal Mail anymore overall in this country if so many customers are rating this service so badly? Many times I saw other people parcels left on the floor in the building! What a shame! And it is so ROYAL MAIL!!!"
"Several days with no deliveries. Deliveries getting later and later incl delivery at 5.15 pm. 1st class post hit and miss as to when it might arrive. 2nd class an utter waste of time, sometimes taking up to 4 days to arrive..if at all! I remember when RM was a great service, sadly no more."
"just sorry nothing else ., no service is gurantee dont trust their words"
Vicky Barnett
Unverified Reviewer
"ive tried to compalin to royal on the phone but they get aggy with me what the hell ? theyve lost parcels left them with someone else i didnt no even couldnt be asked to deliver some i had to chaise him to his van to get it or he would of taken it back and now they havent delivered for 3 days no postman down this street at all i was expecting packages days ago some over a week ago and its not just one or two theres quite a lot all small but still a lot ive even noticed on sites like this where we complain that royal mail refuse to comment any other company would want to fix the issue but not royal mail this is what i mean about them not caring can you not see how frustrating this is to your customers ?"
"They can't follow instructions clearly written all over parcel leave in porch as no signature required. Card left too large for letter box!. Apparently if the instruction is not written on the label it doesn't count. Extremely unhelpfully customer service when you eventually get through left on hold 35mins,after getting through automated system that is designed so people will get fed up and hang up. Bless them. I wonder if queeny knows how bad her mail service is."
"I have been waiting for a delivery that was posted by 48 hour delivery to me on 27/2/2018 it arrived at the Erskine sorting office on Saturday 3/3/2018 I received an email that it was going to be delivered the same day, nothing arrived, I did not bother to much about it due to the weather. I received the same email on Monday 5/3/2018 that they were going to deliver that day, yes you got it nothing arrived after waiting in all day, please note that the roads where all clear of snow. By Tuesday it was the same as Monday same email stayed in again, again nothing arrived so I tried to call the local sorting office about 20 times, the phone just keeps ringing out with no one answering the phone. On late Tuesday afternoon I went online to track my parcel, which stated that “ As requested by the recipient, we're holding this item at Erskine DO.” Their words not mine, this was not requested not me. I then called the main complaints phone number, The lady that I spoke to could not answer any of my questions what a waste of time and the price of a call, she then offered to get my parcel redirected, I replied what is the point of this if they are not delivering, again no reply. The Erskine local sorting office is less than a mile from my house, but told that I cannot pick the parcel up without a delivery card left by the postman, how can I do that if the royal mail have made no attempts to deliver the parcel in the first place, I then asked if I could pick it up using the tracking number, you got it the answer was no. It is now Wednesday and still no parcel the only thing that my phone call achieved was that the emails stopped. now in future I will only order from companies that do not use the royal mail."
"It was such a great company 15 years ago. Now, what a shame! They don't give a monkey's, don't even try to deliver your package, just run away and put a card through your door. All the other companies try to leave your package at a neighbour or try the next day. Not these guys... I totally hate it!"
"The tracking system doesn't do what everyone else's does - that is, track your parcel. The message is "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item", which is completely unhelpful. Heck even MyHermes is better than that."
"blem with this company. USELESS is the best descriptive word. Ordered first class next day delivery and after 4 days I still haven't received any update (online tracking says that it hasn't been touched since it was given to the post office on the other side) Please, start calling it next week delivery to be accurate. Don't you dare to blame the weather conditions! There was one inch of snow for two days, and I was driving and working outdoors all these days. Contacting you as a company via phone, email, facebook and anything else is a mission impossible. WHY ARE YOU STILL EXISTING AS A COMPANY? Now I will receive a "SO SORRY" reply from a person who doesn't care and just copy and paste, and nothing will ever change..."
"Everything went wrong! Customer service non-existent! I couldn't reach anybody to ask why my parcel has been sent back to sender straight away and why is tracking history is full of BS!"
"According to Royal Mail, they deliver 99% of second class mail within three days. Clearly I'm one of the remaining 1% as I often wait a week or more. Please tell me the secret of how to become one of the majority."
"AVOID at all costs. Ordered a dress online (worth £85)to be delivered to my house standard delivery. Received a text to say it had arrived - when returning home, no parcel. no red card. Looked outside house, checked with neighbours and went to my local delivery depot, but still couldn't find the dress. Filed a enquiry with Royal Mail - made a follow up call a week later, still couldn't assist as these things take 10 days. 10 days later no contact made, phoned again, loosing patience as the man on the phone advised me it was with my porter (I don't have a porter!!). The guy then hung up on me when I refused to accept it was due to my awkward portage system, as it doesn't exist. Over a month later I received a letter claiming the enquiry has been closed as they've concluded after speaking with the person who made the delivery that it was left in my foyer. Then why didn't I receive it? Why did it take a month to find this out? Why was no red card left? etc. No compensation offered. Luckily the company I ordered the dress with sent another (with another courier service), unlike Royal Mail their customer service was brilliantly understanding and looked to solve the problem within a reasonable timeframe."
"The most incompetent couldn't give a .... People I have ever encountered!!! My parcel arrived main post office 3 Jan 2018 tracking continually says We have your parcel!!! Royal mail 'customer service' what a joke! Same speel every email telling me to contact the seller to resend or refund!! They won't admit they've lost it.... Seller won't resend or refund rightly so. Not to be trusted and there couldn't care less utterly appalling."
Royal Mail is rated 1.20 based on 152 reviews