Royal Mail Reviews

2% of reviewers recommend Royal Mail

Tell us how Royal Mail made you happy

Over a week
"Royal Mail never delivers my parcel even when I AM at home. The driver leaves a calling card without even ringing the bells on my door. Rubbish service as always, made a complaint on phone and had to wait an hour on the phone to be put through to an adviser. No one got back to me with regard to the complaint."
Posted 46 minutes ago
Are you Royal Mail? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Royal Mail receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I was at home, the postman did not knock or ring my bell. The card he left told me my parcel was in Coventry, I live 10 miles from there. When I went to collect I was told the card gave the wrong address, no apology was offered, I then had to queue at my local sorting office in the rain the next day, this is the 3rd or 4th time something similar has happened. I once went to a Post Office to collect my parcel, and found every single delivery for that morning had been left filling the small shop. I now ask an on-line supplier if they use the Royal Mail, if they do, I will not place an order. I would rather pay more to use any other carrier."
"really fed up with lousey service i paid extra literally a week ago signed delivery a parcel containing hand made goods and its still not arrived. track and trave service rubbish GQ107603649GB this is not the 1st time.. im very fed up"
"Ridicolous service...putting contantly letters in our office witch belongs next door or even different street...And my parcel been delivered and i even do not know where..."
"Lost letter lost Parcels! never ever in my life have met such a terrible service. My question is why are they not fined?. I want to call the police. Started sending all my letters with other couriers and i have peace of mind"
"Absolute joke ... This company is loosing delivery items or delivering them to completely wrong addresses - not only to wrong house numbers but even wrong Streets...!"
"My first use of the click and drop service has not gone well. I sent a parcel by tracked 24 hour signed for delivery. Posted on Monday 10th at 1227 and expected it to arrive on the 11th. This did not happen and the web site still had the parcel in Swindon. On 12th it was still not delivered so I called Customer services who could not tell me where the parcel was, although it is a tracked service, and suggested I called the recipient to confirm that it had not been delivered. It had not so I emailed customer services with my displeasure. On Thursday 13th I was emailed to inform me that the parcel had now been delivered and I should note that the tracked 24 hour service does not guarantee a 24 hour service. My delivery took 71 hours yes 71 hours to a postcode in Leeds not the Outer Hebrides! I warn others if you have something urgent to deliver DO NOT RELY ON THE ROYAL MAIL 24 HOUR SERVICE. Needless to say that is my first and last time of using this unfit for purpose delivery service."
"Totally useless business. Poor customer service, Impossible to navigate website and post that eventually turns up sometime mid afternoon !! This industry is obviously in need of competition. Maybe then we may get a decent Postal Service."
"Attention!! This is the second time a small letter size goes missing. I sent another letter just a piece of paper to see if it arrives and it arrived but the 2 which were a bit bulky( i sent a plastic mould and a phone component) they never arrived. So my guess is that the letters which seem interesting or a bit bulky can go missing. I am accusing royal mail of theft/negligence, it s clear as daylight that something is very wrong. I want to warn everyone to take due diligence because this is REAL. And they have no transparency whatsoever. The posts were from Uk to Uk address Edinburgh-high wycombe. Please i want my stuff back"
"I am fed up of rude postmen and women. More that one I have waited in for a parcel. They have walked past my front door. ( I have witnessed this) . They have gone to the neighbours houses. Then gone to my door and put a card through the letter box saying that they called, but nobody was in. I have said that you never knocked on my door. The postman got very aggressive and was very rude. Royal mail is a joke."
"Posted a first class signed for letter to go approx 30 miles took 4 days to get there!! Could have walked there quicker. When spoke to customer service there answer was it could have taken up to 5 days and was in their allowable time frame!"
"Pathetic. Worst thing that ever happened to me. Wasted 15 days waiting for a package when it was supposed to be 5 working days. Customer service is absolutely ridiculous. Never am I ever using British Post again even if they pay me to."
"Zero stars. Been waiting for a parcel since 8th. It's now the 13th. Tracking is showing that RM have parcel but it still hasn't been delivered. DISGRACE."
"Postal workers can't even read addresses or use post codes anymore. Telephone royal mail, what do they do? They say its the senders fault for getting the address wrong, even though the address is correct. 0 transparency, 0 accountability. Any worker with half a brain can figure it out, especially if the post code is correct. Not impressed. Got a message that delivery happened, didn't, turns out it's still at the depot. Absolute incompetence."
"Bloody shambles! Just found out 2nd class signed for, with tracking number, only includes where the package is dropped off and when it has been delivered. I KNOW where it was dropped off as it was me who dropped it off!!!! Customer contacts me 9 day later to say the package still hasn't arrived? So tracking is a waste of time...as customer service tell me they don't know where it is as it only shows drop off then delivery. Completely useless.....need to find a different service!"
"Paid for postage online, confirmation email clearly stated that I could take the package to post office. After queing at the post office for over half an hour I was told that I could not drop it off at the post office and I would need to got to the royal mail depot."
"wrote previous review about dog and deliveries! Now its gone down to dog barking and 'sad' delivery1 why don't we just euthanise 7/8 million dogs to keep a postman happy! OMG! their is no real customer service - it equates everytime that the customer is in the wrong! letters/parcels/gates left open/ waiving letters at dogs (a form of aggression towards an animal!) and a daily difference of delivery times. Myself at 09.30 and the next day 13.00? What happened to royal mail that was a institute of friendliness? now its a rush without manners and absolutely the minimum of help!! Royal mail had a history of friendliness and even had 'tips' at xmas for their demeanour!! All GONE. nOTHING EXISTS anymore except a dubious customer service that only serves their 'GREEDY' masters!! Why are they paying a customer service to engage with their customers?They do nothing but give negative answers even if the customer is in the right! I will always remember the time that I had a lightbulb delivered and he bent it in half to get it in my box even though 'do not bend' was plainly visible on all sides. IN OTHER WORDS royal mail is the scourge of all delivery companies!!"
"Package sat in their mail centre for a week not being delivered. Tried to contact customer service (what a joke) to find out when I'm likely to receive my package and having been on hold for half an hour (at 12p per minute!) I gave up. Useless. Run a mail service, they couldn't run a bath. Shambolic!"
"Tried to redirect my mail using Royal Mail online service, what a joke, tryied about ten times, filled out the form,tried to pay, they kept refusing payment,saying wrong card number, contacted bank they told me Royal Mail refused payment, so printed of form and went to post office only to be told online never works,then being told they like you to do it over phone so they can charge you a extra £10 on top, time to get rid of Royal Mail."
"Sent freepost bag to mazuma checked tracking chased it up with preston sorting office was misled by sorting office advice .took 40 mins to get threw on phone . Mazuma said they hear lies and wrong advice from royal mail"
Royal Mail is rated 1.13 based on 288 reviews