Row.co.uk Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Row.co.uk

Tell us how Row.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"I think the rest of the reviews must be fake. Worst and most thieving insurance company I've ever experienced. I'm a student without much money and they claimed I was covered up to £700 for my note 4 however they want me to pay £134 in excess otherwise they are not going to validate my claim. Avoid this company like the plague!!!! Dont make the same mistake I did. This amount of deception should be illegal."
Hi Mo, we really are sorry that you feel this way. We aim to make our pricing as transparent as possible. The sum you are being asked to pay is for the remainder of your annual policy, plus the agreed excess. Our customer services team can be reached on 0844 318 6870 if we can be of more help.
"Tried to cancel my policy but its impossible. You get told to do it via the website... did this and it says to call them... called them, and the automated service won't put you through because it says go to the website. I keep getting an email everyday saying my direct debit has been rejected... yes because I am trying to cancel and you won't let me! just cancel my policy. A different person emails me everyday and I tell them the same thing. CANCEL IT! nope, another email the next day. Impossible to cancel. Don't use them!"
Sorry to hear you're having problems with cancelling your policy. We have been trying to get hold of you to discuss but without success. Someone from our customer care team will call you today so we can sort this out for you.
"There are a lot of hidden costs at Row and it's a hassle to make a claim. I insured my phone for £4.99 a month including the extra £1 cover for theft. I opened a claim on the Sunday after my phone was stolen and 10 days later I still feel no closer to having it sorted. They require a lot of documents (I understand the receipt, immoblise details and crime reference number but trying to download 4 months of phone usage is time-consuming...!), I had to be on hold for approximately 15 minutes each time I rang, I got quizzed on the phone about how and when my phone was stolen and it was like some form of police interview. I then had to send in pictures of my bag that the phone was taken from and it wasn't until I sounded a bit upset on the phone that a more human side of a customer service representative came through... I now have to pay £100 in excess (on the policy it said £50) £25 fee because I've only had the insurance for 2 months and an extra £25 because the phone was stolen. You then have to pay upfront the rest of the claim costs for the year - another £49. So I have to pay £149 for a £260 phone. It all seems a lot for company that I thought had a good reputation about being humanist and effective in sorted out a claim. I know it's a cliche but... read the small print!"
Sorry to hear you have not received the high level of service you expected. We did not mean to upset you through our questioning, we just have to know the exact details to ensure a claim is valid. We aim to be completely transparent with our pricing - standard excess is £50 but as stated in the terms & conditions it can slightly increase depending on certain circumstances. All Row policies are annual with an option to pay monthly. Despite having a negative experience, we’re pleased to have saved you £111 through insuring with us. If we can help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team.
"Poor customer service, high excesses and terrible response time."
"Ignored all emails and Facebook messages. Still waiting for reply after two weeks with a broken phone."
"I insured my phone shortly after purchase and paid extra for loss insurance. The procedures you go through under the policy to claim are extremely difficult. The loss has to be registered with the police within 24 hours , a near impossibility. You also need to make the claim within 2 working days, again impossible if you're away. What's the point in insurance if you can't claim when you need it? You get what you pay for!"
"Just avoid this insurance company. I'm taking legal action as they declined my claim without any proper explanation. Use your carrier insurance or use your bank gadget cover."
"Got to prove everything. Read the small print very throughly because they like to wriggle out of everything. Cancelling and wouldn't ever use again"
"They are cheap, but thats because they accept your money but dont cover the product when you need to make a claim. Much better to cover on house insurance than use this operator."
"Took out a mobile phone insurance policy to cover any loos/theft or accidental damage to my phone. Unfortunately my phone was damaged accidentally and following 2 calls and umpteen emails 2 weeks later still waiting for a decision!! Beware!! If you want to claim be ready for hundreds of questions!!"
"WARNING: DO NOT GET INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY! I made a claim, sent my phone for repair and never received it back. The company assuredly promise on their website that they aim to replace phones within 24 hours. I was informed that this is a hoax marketing message and that it takes three working days. Then when making enquiries after those three working days, the company simple said that they'd dealt with my claim. No £700 phone, no refund. So I've had to file a stolen report with the police and claim the phone on my contents insurance while the criminal investigation is carried out!"
Hi Bill, we're sorry to hear you're having trouble. We do offer replacement phones within 24 hours of your claim being approved, but repairs take up to 3 working days from door to door. I hope that clears that part up for you.

We will call you shortly to resolve your claim so you'll have your nice pristine phone back good as new! Thank you.
"DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE!! RIP OFF COMPANY This company remove all bad reviews!!!"
"Very slow, asked me numerous question via email which took up a lot of time before my claim was approved. I am now waiting for my phone to be fixed. It has been over a week already, which is no where near the 24-48 hour time frame they claim on their website."
Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry it appears to have been a slow process for you. I will look into this personally and get our claims team to email you the reasons for this and ensure you are left satisfied with our service. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Richard Waters - Managing Director
"Having signed up to give them money in a very quick efficient manner, making a claim 3 years later has been a total pain. I called every day for 4 days, being told "We'll call you back", until finally I refused to hang up until I had an answer. Once you start the claim process online, you have to scan & email proof of purchase, wait another day for someone to look at that and email you back asking you for money, £50 excess before they'll take the claim any further. Now waiting to hear from the 'repairs team'. Having paid them plenty of money, I wish I had not bothered and just took it to a shop to get repaired - it would have saved me £20 and been 6 days quicker!"
Hi Ben,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had an issue. I've instructed the team to take care of you as a priority. I understand your device is with our repair team as we speak. If there's anything further we can help with please do contact our claims team. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Richard - Managing Director,
Row.co.uk is rated 4.73 based on 3,944 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access