Row.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Row.co.uk
customer service
Read Row.co.uk Reviews

customerservices@row.co.uk

Tell us how Row.co.uk made you happy
Very deceiving beware! Had an appliance that was a 2 years old and repaired under warranty. This company will not cover you if you have had a repair even if it's a different fault than what was repaired.
Hi Kath, sorry to hear you feel deceived. We can understand your disappointment, however within our General Exclusions it does state 'Any Appliance having been previously repaired'. We do try and be completely transparent, so we welcome your feedback regarding this and will look to make it clearer for future customers.
Very noticeable how all the best reviews are at the start of the process - ie when ROW are signing you up and taking your money. The worst reviews are all concerned with how they deal with a claim. I'm in the middle of making a claim at the moment, and although it hasn't been resolved at this stage, I have to say its a 1 star review for their performance so far!!
We are sorry to hear you feel this way. If you require further support with your claim please do contact us. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look into ways to make the claims process simpler and quicker for our customers.
'Gavin' the claims handler, was very obnoxious, and handled my claim poorly, they are a very petty company that do not look after their customers. I would not recommend this company as they are very dishonest people. I have just tried to make a claim since my phone was stolen, they told me because it was within the 14 days that i will be declined. Even after making multiple payments they would not even see the bigger picture and resolve my issue, this caused me to loose out on a lot of business and waste of money spent a month, which wouldn't even be refunded back. Totally unfair and the worse customer service treatment. They have problems with emailing system - they stated their if you send emails from yahoo they cannot receive it, which i think is bizarre they had me waiting almost 3 weeks to get a response and i had to contact them. Good luck!
Hi Louis, thank you for leaving feedback. Like many other gadget insurance companies we do not cover incidents within the first 14 days of an active policy and therefore could not process your claim on this occasion. We understand this is disappointing, however we need to stick by our terms and conditions to ensure all our customers receive a fair and value-for-money service.
Claimed on my iPhone as it had water damage on the website it states you will have your phone within 3 working days. it took them a month to process the claim due to having problems with yahoo and constantly asking for different documents. once my claim had been processed I sent my phone to them they have currently had my phone 3 weeks!!!! Still awaiting my phone back. I have had no communication from them I've had to chase my phone on a constant ringing up to be told a different delivery day every time. FUMING
Thank you for your review. A repair was not possible in this instance and hence we have replaced your phone. There was a delay in ordering your new phone due to a supply issue, which unfortunately was out of our control. A cheque worth 30% of your annual policy has been placed in the post to show our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Great to setup initially because they are taking your money. However, when making a claim it's like 'guilty until proven innocent'. Just because my microwave broke down 3mths after the claim started they made out I was lying. Yes, great to give you discounts early but getting them to pay out after. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!! DISAPPOINTING TO SAY THE LEAST.
We're sorry that you feel disappointed with your experience. We aim to pay out on every claim but must adhere to our terms and conditions to ensure we continue providing great value policies to our customers. If you would like to discuss your claim in more detail please do call our Customer Services team on 0844 318 6870.
Been paying Insurance for two Apple IPhones for both my daughters for nearly a year , when I tried to make a claim for a cracked screen they said that because my daughter was under the age of 16 they have refused my claim saying that I should have read the 'small print ' !!!!! This should have been highlighted when making the quote, they should be ashamed of themselves !!!!!
Hi Lisa, we understand why you feel disapointed and are sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with Row. We do highlight our terms and conditions during the quote process - a policy cannot be created without them being accepted. If we can be of any help please do contact customer services.
When you by insurance from this company it said there is no limit for egged of your item and than when you claim thay says it should not be older then 12 months ,this is scams company and any brand new item you buy its come with 12 months Factory warranty.so you don't have to pay for this .
We are very sorry to hear you are dissatisfied. Row does not claim to insure any age gadget or appliance and the limits can be found within our terms and conditions. Please do contact customer services if we can be of any more help.
I think the rest of the reviews must be fake. Worst and most thieving insurance company I've ever experienced. I'm a student without much money and they claimed I was covered up to £700 for my note 4 however they want me to pay £134 in excess otherwise they are not going to validate my claim. Avoid this company like the plague!!!! Dont make the same mistake I did. This amount of deception should be illegal.
Hi Mo, we really are sorry that you feel this way. We aim to make our pricing as transparent as possible. The sum you are being asked to pay is for the remainder of your annual policy, plus the agreed excess. Our customer services team can be reached on 0844 318 6870 if we can be of more help.
Tried to cancel my policy but its impossible. You get told to do it via the website... did this and it says to call them... called them, and the automated service won't put you through because it says go to the website. I keep getting an email everyday saying my direct debit has been rejected... yes because I am trying to cancel and you won't let me! just cancel my policy. A different person emails me everyday and I tell them the same thing. CANCEL IT! nope, another email the next day. Impossible to cancel. Don't use them!
Sorry to hear you're having problems with cancelling your policy. We have been trying to get hold of you to discuss but without success. Someone from our customer care team will call you today so we can sort this out for you.
There are a lot of hidden costs at Row and it's a hassle to make a claim. I insured my phone for £4.99 a month including the extra £1 cover for theft. I opened a claim on the Sunday after my phone was stolen and 10 days later I still feel no closer to having it sorted. They require a lot of documents (I understand the receipt, immoblise details and crime reference number but trying to download 4 months of phone usage is time-consuming...!), I had to be on hold for approximately 15 minutes each time I rang, I got quizzed on the phone about how and when my phone was stolen and it was like some form of police interview. I then had to send in pictures of my bag that the phone was taken from and it wasn't until I sounded a bit upset on the phone that a more human side of a customer service representative came through... I now have to pay £100 in excess (on the policy it said £50) £25 fee because I've only had the insurance for 2 months and an extra £25 because the phone was stolen. You then have to pay upfront the rest of the claim costs for the year - another £49. So I have to pay £149 for a £260 phone. It all seems a lot for company that I thought had a good reputation about being humanist and effective in sorted out a claim. I know it's a cliche but... read the small print!
Sorry to hear you have not received the high level of service you expected. We did not mean to upset you through our questioning, we just have to know the exact details to ensure a claim is valid. We aim to be completely transparent with our pricing - standard excess is £50 but as stated in the terms & conditions it can slightly increase depending on certain circumstances. All Row policies are annual with an option to pay monthly. Despite having a negative experience, we’re pleased to have saved you £111 through insuring with us. If we can help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team.
Poor customer service, high excesses and terrible response time.
Ignored all emails and Facebook messages. Still waiting for reply after two weeks with a broken phone.
I insured my phone shortly after purchase and paid extra for loss insurance. The procedures you go through under the policy to claim are extremely difficult. The loss has to be registered with the police within 24 hours , a near impossibility. You also need to make the claim within 2 working days, again impossible if you're away. What's the point in insurance if you can't claim when you need it? You get what you pay for!
Just avoid this insurance company. I'm taking legal action as they declined my claim without any proper explanation. Use your carrier insurance or use your bank gadget cover.
Got to prove everything. Read the small print very throughly because they like to wriggle out of everything. Cancelling and wouldn't ever use again
They are cheap, but thats because they accept your money but dont cover the product when you need to make a claim. Much better to cover on house insurance than use this operator.
Took out a mobile phone insurance policy to cover any loos/theft or accidental damage to my phone. Unfortunately my phone was damaged accidentally and following 2 calls and umpteen emails 2 weeks later still waiting for a decision!! Beware!! If you want to claim be ready for hundreds of questions!!
WARNING: DO NOT GET INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY! I made a claim, sent my phone for repair and never received it back. The company assuredly promise on their website that they aim to replace phones within 24 hours. I was informed that this is a hoax marketing message and that it takes three working days. Then when making enquiries after those three working days, the company simple said that they'd dealt with my claim. No £700 phone, no refund. So I've had to file a stolen report with the police and claim the phone on my contents insurance while the criminal investigation is carried out!
Hi Bill, we're sorry to hear you're having trouble. We do offer replacement phones within 24 hours of your claim being approved, but repairs take up to 3 working days from door to door. I hope that clears that part up for you.

We will call you shortly to resolve your claim so you'll have your nice pristine phone back good as new! Thank you.
DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE!! RIP OFF COMPANY This company remove all bad reviews!!!
Very slow, asked me numerous question via email which took up a lot of time before my claim was approved. I am now waiting for my phone to be fixed. It has been over a week already, which is no where near the 24-48 hour time frame they claim on their website.
Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry it appears to have been a slow process for you. I will look into this personally and get our claims team to email you the reasons for this and ensure you are left satisfied with our service. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Richard Waters - Managing Director