Row.co.uk Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Row.co.uk

Tell us how Row.co.uk made you happy

customer service
"Very very poor customer service. Slow and unprofessional. Submitted a mobile phone claim last month after it was stolen and it's still not been processed despite their website saying "within 24 hours". I won't be using them again."
Sorry to hear you feel this way. We wrote to you on 3rd December regarding your claim and requested some documentation from you to be sent to us, which we have not received. We hope to hear from you soon as we cannot proceed without it.
"Very poor service, going through a claim now, tv was accidentally damaged and I'm still waiting for Row to process my claim. Kids have no tv for xmas. Manager from customer service team grilled me with questions as if i was lying about cause of the accident. Very stressful process, going to take legal proceedings."
Hello Anthony, sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We also wish to get this claim resolved as quick as possible. Due to a high rate of insurance fraud we do need to ask a lot of questions and appreciate your patience with these. If we can provide you with an update please don't hesitate to get in contact.
"As everyone seems to mention, yes, the site is easy to navigate. Yes, its cheap and easy to insure.... Just be aware that you will need your original receipt of purchase otherwise you will not be able to make a claim. I have insured 4 appliances and since moving home no longer have the receipts so my insurance is not valid. Please be aware of this as I now have to pay to get my cooker repaired."
Sorry to hear you have not received the experience you expected. To ensure all customers are treated fairly we must adhere to the agreed Terms & Conditions, which state that proof of purchase is required if and when a claim is made.
"After making a full annual payment, they didn't insure because I didn't have a receipt and refused to give me a refund. Staff don't have a clue on what's going on and the customer care was not good"
Hello, we're sorry to hear you have not had the experience you expected. To ensure all customers are treated fairly we must adhere to our Terms & Conditions. In this particular case a refund is not due. If you would like to discuss in more detail our Customer Services team will be happy to take your call: 0844 318 6870
"They quote 24hr turn round. Make that 24days. Also they forgot to mention that when you claim, they stick the remaining cost of your policy onto the excess!! WTF that all about?"
All our polices are annual with the option to pay monthly. Although we understand this can be frustrating, all policies must be paid in full if submitting a claim. We're sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as expected.
"Been trying to claim over an issue and I am continuously asked to provide proof of purchase on my dishwasher that came with a brand new build appartment. This is not something I can get hold of easily and the developers who are long gone cannot provide me with anything here. The property is just about 2 years old with all appliances fully fitted. This was not stipulated when registering for covering my appliance and I am very disappointed that they just won't budge. They will not even refund my premium & so the cover is useless. Would not recommend this company at all."
Hi, sorry to hear you are disappointed with the service. We do require proof of purchase, which is stated and was agreed to during the sign-up process.
"DO NOT read the reviews of a cheap insurance cover , read reviews of those who have made a claim. Will show the true colours of this company. They are not worth it!"
Hi, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. If our Customer Services can be of any help please don't hesitate to call us on 0844 318 6870.
"Had to go online to process claim wont process a claim as cant provide proof of prchade after 4 years ... domestic and general never asked for this will be switching insurers"
Hi Kerrie, sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. In the terms & conditions you agreed to it states that appliances must have been purchased as new, as evidenced by a valid and relevant Proof of Purchase.
"1.- the day I igree a policy with Row, they tell me I can cover how many items I can... unlimited cover!! LIE 2.- they don't tell you about any device have to be 12 months old... but they you can doit no matter how old is you TV or Tablet... you will continued paying money but actually nothing will be cover 3.- when I submit a claim for one of my TV... they tell me they can go ahead with the claim, because my tv is 2 years old... and they tell before me before could be cover...LIE 4.- they say the system online don't ask how old is your device...LIE.. does ask you .... but still let you go ahead PROFESIONAL THIEFS BECARFULLY"
We're sorry to hear you are unsatisfied. Gadgets, including TVs, must be under 12 months old at the time the cover is purchased. This is stated in the 2nd stage of our 4 step sign-up process and policies cannot be taken out without first confirming this.
"The most deceitful company. In the middle of a claim when my policy was cancelled by customer service. It states in their terms that they can freely cancel the policy at any point. What part of that is helpful for a consumer? Also, hidden costs around premium excess due to be paid. Interrogation upon making a claim. I really would avoid this company, nothing is transparent in their terms."
Dear Miss Lewis, we're sorry to hear you have not received the service you expected. As explained in communications with our Customer Services team, we cancelled the policy as per your wishes. All policies are annual, with an option to pay monthly, and therefore remaining premiums must be paid upon making a claim.
"Very poor service. Rip-off ......save yourself the headache of chasing."
We're sorry to hear you feel this way, especially after your recent claim was accepted. If we can be of any help please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Services team on 0844 318 6870.
"My phone got damaged and at the time of claim they just said sorry we can not do anything because my phone is over 1 year old. Doggy people, because they knew that since day one. Why did they offered me insurance at first place if my phone fore over 1 year old. Avoid them. They just look for an excuse. With insurance coverage customers need help at their difficult time not just excuse specialists."
We're sorry to hear of your disappointment. Gadgets must be under 12 months old at the time the cover is purchased. This is stated in the 2nd stage of our 4 step sign-up process and policies cannot be taken out without first confirming this.
"Really easy to set up and very affordable BUT! Customer service is rubbish once you need something repaired they treat you like a criminal!! All the good reviews are at the start because they are cheap. Read all the reviews before buying especially the ones in an event of a claim!"
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience has not been as expected. We are dedicated to making our claims process as simple as possible, although with high rates of insurance fraud it is vital we ask a number of important questions to determine which are valid claims, allowing us to continue providing a great affordable service.
"Very deceiving beware! Had an appliance that was a 2 years old and repaired under warranty. This company will not cover you if you have had a repair even if it's a different fault than what was repaired."
Hi Kath, sorry to hear you feel deceived. We can understand your disappointment, however within our General Exclusions it does state 'Any Appliance having been previously repaired'. We do try and be completely transparent, so we welcome your feedback regarding this and will look to make it clearer for future customers.
"Very noticeable how all the best reviews are at the start of the process - ie when ROW are signing you up and taking your money. The worst reviews are all concerned with how they deal with a claim. I'm in the middle of making a claim at the moment, and although it hasn't been resolved at this stage, I have to say its a 1 star review for their performance so far!!"
We are sorry to hear you feel this way. If you require further support with your claim please do contact us. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look into ways to make the claims process simpler and quicker for our customers.
"'Gavin' the claims handler, was very obnoxious, and handled my claim poorly, they are a very petty company that do not look after their customers. I would not recommend this company as they are very dishonest people. I have just tried to make a claim since my phone was stolen, they told me because it was within the 14 days that i will be declined. Even after making multiple payments they would not even see the bigger picture and resolve my issue, this caused me to loose out on a lot of business and waste of money spent a month, which wouldn't even be refunded back. Totally unfair and the worse customer service treatment. They have problems with emailing system - they stated their if you send emails from yahoo they cannot receive it, which i think is bizarre they had me waiting almost 3 weeks to get a response and i had to contact them. Good luck!"
Hi Louis, thank you for leaving feedback. Like many other gadget insurance companies we do not cover incidents within the first 14 days of an active policy and therefore could not process your claim on this occasion. We understand this is disappointing, however we need to stick by our terms and conditions to ensure all our customers receive a fair and value-for-money service.
"Claimed on my iPhone as it had water damage on the website it states you will have your phone within 3 working days. it took them a month to process the claim due to having problems with yahoo and constantly asking for different documents. once my claim had been processed I sent my phone to them they have currently had my phone 3 weeks!!!! Still awaiting my phone back. I have had no communication from them I've had to chase my phone on a constant ringing up to be told a different delivery day every time. FUMING"
Thank you for your review. A repair was not possible in this instance and hence we have replaced your phone. There was a delay in ordering your new phone due to a supply issue, which unfortunately was out of our control. A cheque worth 30% of your annual policy has been placed in the post to show our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
"Great to setup initially because they are taking your money. However, when making a claim it's like 'guilty until proven innocent'. Just because my microwave broke down 3mths after the claim started they made out I was lying. Yes, great to give you discounts early but getting them to pay out after. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!! DISAPPOINTING TO SAY THE LEAST."
We're sorry that you feel disappointed with your experience. We aim to pay out on every claim but must adhere to our terms and conditions to ensure we continue providing great value policies to our customers. If you would like to discuss your claim in more detail please do call our Customer Services team on 0844 318 6870.
"Been paying Insurance for two Apple IPhones for both my daughters for nearly a year , when I tried to make a claim for a cracked screen they said that because my daughter was under the age of 16 they have refused my claim saying that I should have read the 'small print ' !!!!! This should have been highlighted when making the quote, they should be ashamed of themselves !!!!!"
Hi Lisa, we understand why you feel disapointed and are sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with Row. We do highlight our terms and conditions during the quote process - a policy cannot be created without them being accepted. If we can be of any help please do contact customer services.
"When you by insurance from this company it said there is no limit for egged of your item and than when you claim thay says it should not be older then 12 months ,this is scams company and any brand new item you buy its come with 12 months Factory warranty.so you don't have to pay for this ."
We are very sorry to hear you are dissatisfied. Row does not claim to insure any age gadget or appliance and the limits can be found within our terms and conditions. Please do contact customer services if we can be of any more help.
Row.co.uk is rated 4.73 based on 3,945 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access