Room to Grow Reviews

Room to Grow 5 star review on 26th February 2021
Lauren Elias
Room to Grow 5 star review on 26th February 2021
Lauren Elias
Found the website good and good communication from the company - pity the same can't be said about the delivery company
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order and we have been advised by Stompa that you will receive your order today - we understand that you have already spoken to the delivery team about this. Best Wishes, RTG.
The staff at RTG itself were very efficient and helpful but you need to seriously address the delivery company you use. 1) The bed was delivered the first time partially damaged. The boxes had clearly been manhandled - one of them was torn and the ladder inside damaged. The second had a footprint on it. 2) The bed had been supplied in two colours. A picking error at the warehouse. I do appreciate this happens but my husband had taken time off work to work on our son's room while we were away so it was very frustrating. 3) RTG arranged replacement parts quickly but delivery let them down. The courier firm texted me 18/11 to say that they would deliver on 19/11. There was going to be nobody home so I rang them that evening to re-schedule. No answer so I left a very clear message. When we were out the following day the delivery man rang my mobile saying that he was outside our house. After emailing RTG I was told that they would rearrange delivery the following Tuesday but they would ring to confirm a delivery time. I heard nothing on Monday so rang the courier in the afternoon and was told that she would ring me back, which she never did. I am annoyed that I had to chase them up, particularly after everything that had happened. We have a completed bed and it is a very nice product. But I will still be contacting RTG to replace the damaged ladder.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please accept our sincere apologies again for the inconvenience you have experienced. Stock delays and delivery issues are unfortunately out of our control, however, please be assured that we have passed on your feedback to the warehouse and delivery team. We are taking steps to ensure this kind of experience doesn't happen again in the future. Please do contact support@roomtogrow.co.uk or call 0333 006 3096 to discuss replacement parts and we'd be happy to help. Best Wishes, RTG.
Most excellent sales team and lovely web site. I still have not received all of my order though and some of it arrived damaged (only slightly and I will not bother return it)
Thank you for your comments. We understand that your Alfie delivery has been booked in with you for today. This item is handmade to order so we appreciate it does take a little longer, but we hope you agree that it's worth the wait. If you would like to report any product issues, then please email support@roomtogrow.co.uk and we'd be happy to help. Many thanks, RTG.
Unhappy at being charged £35 delivery on a £400 order plus £50 to return an item I ordered by mistake. It's made the lovely low bed for my toddler an expensive mistake.
Thank you for your comments. To keep our prices competitive we do have to charge delivery separate on orders under £500 and we are transparent about this on our website. As we use a third party delivery company we are charged for collections as detailed in our T&Cs. We are delighted to hear that you love your new Kurt Single Bed. Best Wishes, RTG.
It took 3 deliveries for my son's bedroom suite consisting of stompa cabin bed, mattress, chest of drawers & cube. 1st time they only got the bed and mattress. The installation people were uncertain of whether they even had the mattress with them. Second delivery had the wrong top drawer for the chest. Finally they brought the drawer and a week later they attempted to deliver another one! My request for some short of apology in the form of compensation fell into deaf ears! Very disappointing service especially for an order of that price!
Thank your for your comments. We so very sorry for the apparent confusion and errors at the warehouse which resulted in you having several deliveries. It is never our intention to cause upset and inconvenience so we do sincerely apologise for this. We are pleased that we were able to resolve this for you and that your son is delighted with his new bedroom furniture.
Good price and beat all other online quotes I could find. However, ordered online with a delivery of between 7 and 15 days working days. After 13 working days I decided to find out when the order would arrive, to be told it would actually be 25 days. Stompa said 'Room to Grow' should not offer 7-15 days, Room to Grow said that Stompa were at fault....either way I was annoyed as I had made arrangements on the 15 day 'advert'. I did contact Room to Grow who tried to sort it and hasten delivery out but I was left feeling it was just to placate me and nothing changed. Consequently, they have received poor feedback for advertising a product delivery timeline they clearly have no control over.
Thank you for your comments. We fully appreciate and empathise with how you must feel having not received your order within the estimated time. We work closely with Stompa and their delivery team Jade quote estimated delivery times which historically have been achieved without problem. We are also frustrated that your delivery did not arrive within the estimated time frame and we are taking steps with Stompa to rectify this for deliveries on-going. Please accept our sincere apologies for the upset this has caused. We appreciate your feedback on the assembly and we will pass on your comments to Stompa. We are delighted to hear that your son loves his new bed.
We ordered the bed with a 5-15working day delivery time, however, we had to wait four weeks as delivery company has a 28day delivery guarantee and not a 15 day one a room to grow advertises.
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that your boys love their new bed and we apologise that you feel that this service was not extended to our manufacturer's delivery team. We are reliant upon Stompa's delivery team and we can only estimate delivery time scales so we will pass on your comments to Stompa. Thank you.
Office was apologetic but the delivery of the bed took 3 times longer than it was satiated 3-5 days. We waited 3 weeks.
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with the delivery of your bed - we have passed on your comments to the delivery team. The L-Shaped bunk is created from a high sleeper frame plus the additional single bed which allows greater flexibility as the single bed can be repositioned as required. We will double check the dimensions with the manufacturer but thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I received a text on the day that the bed was being delivered with an hour's notice. I was afraid to miss it while on a school run so I tried calling the number the delivery company left me and left a message. No one called back. When I got back I saw all the boxes were dropped off in front of my door and just left outside.
Thank you for your feedback. The Solitaire range of beds are extremely sturdy and it is unusual to hear the framework is creaking. If it doesn't settle down and you need more advice please contact Customer Services on 0333 006 3096 or email support@roomtogrow.co.uk and we'd be more than happy to help.
Parts missing so had to go out and buy them over the weekend. Plus part of the order was not sent with main delivery and we then had to wait 4 days for this to be sent. Considering the above issues we were then expected to pay £25 to return an item we were not happy with.
Thank you for leaving a review for RTG and for the Stompa Casa 7 High Sleeper. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced and we do acknowledge on this occasion there were some issues which we have taken up with the manufacturer. We are pleased to hear that you now have all items that you require. Thanks again.
Still waiting a piece of furniture. No info on when to expect it or what has happened to it. Communication is poor
Thank you for your review. As advised, we have been actively liaising with the delivery team to obtain a delivery date for you and once the product is back in stock this will be delivered to you. The delivery team will contact you to book this in directly. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
We were pleased with our bed however when the delivery took place we were missing our chest of drawers. No one had contacted us to tell us this and we are still awaiting delivery after 2 months since ordering.
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies again that you have not received your chest of drawers. Unfortunately the manufacturer did not made us aware of this at the time of delivery so we were unable to advise you of the delay. Stock delays and delivery issues are unfortunately out of our control, however, please be assured that we have passed on your feedback to the manufacturer/delivery team. We are actively liaising with the delivery team to obtain a date for you and we are treating this as a matter or urgency. Thank you for your ongoing patience in this matter.
Delivery 3 days late. One item not delivered - apparently not in stock, so we just didn't get it, with no warning. One item wrong - the small rather than large wardrobe
Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please accept our sincere apologies again for the inconvenience you have experienced with Stompa's delivery team. Stock delays and delivery issues are unfortunately out of our control, however, please be assured that we have passed on your feedback to the manufacturer. We hope that your daughter received our apology card for the delivery arriving later than estimated.
the lack of weekend delivery and the fact that the delivery man refused to take the heavy beds to the bedroom left a rather sour taste to what are a good product
Thank you for your comments. To enable us to despatch our products on an express delivery we use a third party doorstep carrier service. We are currently investigating additional delivery options including a 2 man room of choice service which we hope to add to our delivery options in the near future. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your Solitaire Midsleeper, Bookcase and Chest and thank you again for your order.
The service was excellent until the point of delivery. Delivery date was arranged, however the driver did not turn up with the bed and mattress and did not inform anyone he would not be delivering on the agreed date. the driver when he did deliver was alone, the bed was so heavy he was not able to lift alone, luckily there was a man available to help unload. however this was not expected to be the case, so not sure how the bed would have been delivered if this had not been the case.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. To enable us to despatch our products on an express delivery within 2-3 days we use the services of a third party doorstep carrier company. We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the delivery of your bed and will pass on your feedback to the carrier company involved. We are currently investigating additional delivery options including a 2 man room of choice service which we hope to add to our delivery options in the near future.
Things were really quite difficult attempting to order the wardrobe as the company could not find the item I wished to order. After numerous phone calls I gave up and ordered online. Rather stressful experience for something that should have been quick and simple.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We?ve been in business 18 years and we work hard to create the best possible customer experience. We do offer an extensive portfolio of wardrobes so we are sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. We thank you again for placing an order directly with our Customer Services team.
Good communication and reasonably quick delivery.
Thank you for your feedback. The Solitaire range of beds are extremely sturdy and to hear that your bed is wobbling is a concern. We believe this may be an assembly issue so please tighten all the cam locks around the bed until there is no movement. If you need any more advice please contact Customer Services on 0333 006 3096.
It seemed to take a while from placing the order to someone getting in contact to confirm delivery. Also I was told delivery in my area was just 1 day a week and they couldn't tell me any more than a couple of days in advance when this would be so I could not plan a day off work to take delivery. The approach was rather inflexible and not at all helpful AND they charged for the privilege!
We are sorry that you were frustrated with the delivery service, but as we discussed, we do rely upon Julian Bowen's delivery team to give notice and book in delivery directly with our customer's. We have passed on your comments to the manufacturer.
The customer service was great and all my questions were answered. Disappointed with the overall look of the bed, although it is sturdy and made of good wood all the screws and fixings show as there are no cover caps to hide them and you can see holes all up the stairs and head board. I paid a lot for this bed and to me looks like an ikea bed but for a few hundred more!
Thank you very much for the positive comments - it?s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We are sorry to hear that the product didn't meet your expectations but we feel that our website photography clearly highlights that the screws are visible on the stairs and headboard. Thank you again for your feedback.
Its rather unfortunate but my first and only experience with Room to Grow wasnt a good one. I ordered a set of underbed draws to go with my Stompa Bunk Beds and not only were they late with my delivery but they only delivered half the package. I had to chase it up with a few phone calls to their Customer service team who were very polite, professional and helpful and managed to rectify the problem eventually they despatched the other half out.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We?re sorry you're not entirely satisfied with how the product fits underneath the bed. We do appreciate your feedback as this helps us to review our product offering. We will pass on your feedback to the manufacturer.
Room to Grow is rated 4.29 based on 1,797 reviews