Roman Originals Reviews

66% of reviewers recommend Roman Originals

reece.wallis@romanoriginals.co.uk

How would you rate Roman Originals ?

"I like the quality and design of their clothes but the Returns Policy is very unexpected and inflexible - I too was given a gift card to spend in store after I tried to return a top I bought as a birthday gift for my Mum. I did consider ordering on line as I thought their return policy might be less ?? military style but it sounds like the problems persist there too. I have therefore just unsubscribed from their emails too."
Janice Wagstaff
Unverified Reviewer
"Went into store 127 trentham served by a lovely lady name Barbara who couldn't have been more helpful I went in for a dress for a wedding so had an idea in mind but came out with totally different one which I would never have chosen but on Barbara's advice I tried on and wow it was perfect lovely shop and lovely staff , a credit to the company"
Denise Hobbs
Verified Reviewer
"Visited Clarks Village store in Street and found 2 dresses and a pair of trousers I liked, unfortunately the trousers and one of the dresses were not in stock in my size, I purchased the other dress and the helpful assistant wrote down the codes of the other items so I could order online (she explained the returns policy clearly ). Ordered the other items around 5.30pm, very quick and easy to use ,and they were delivered free of charge the next day. I am delighted with all my purchases, the quality and fit is really good and I can't fault the service both online and in store. Well done Romans, top marks!"
"Buying an item and being told I can have a refund if not suitable and find they deduct £3.00 to cover the postage and not been told about that when ordering is a disgrace WILL NEVER USE THIS COMANPANY AGIAN"
"My mother and I have shopped in Roman for a few years. Recently she purchased a dress for a wedding. The dress was unsuitable so within a week of purchase tried to return it. Her local store is 30 miles away. When we got to the store they refused to refund her. Their outdated and old fashioned policy is to refund onto a time limited gift card only. What a shame. Once the gift card is used neither of us will be shopping with Roman again. Their outdated policies need to move with the times."
Trevor Colluney
"The website is so easy to use -- and the order so speedily processed -- The price of products with their frequent penny sale -( buy one get one free ) makes this company high on my regular shopping list."
Michelle Madyira
"excellent clothing... no regrets"
"i recently visited roman originals at the festival site ebbw vale looking for an oufit for a wedding. your member of staff Cheryl Clarke assisted me and she was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for her and she must have shown me every outfit in my size. Cheryl was honest in her opinion on what suited me and what didn't, i have no hesitation in recomending your store to everyone."
"Bought crinkle top from Ashton-Under-Lyne branch to take on holiday. Wore the top twice crinkles almost disappeared it looked nothing like what I had purchased. Took the top back was told by the manageress that there was nothing wrong with the top. I disputed this was told that the area manager was due to visit the store in the next few days agreed to leave the top with them for the area manager to look at. Got call next day to say that the area manager was now not due for at least a couple of weeks. Was then told by the store manageress that in her opinion the top had been washed which I had already told her the previous day it had not been washed or ironed. I asked if she was saying that I was lying she denied this. I then contacted the customer service centre, was told that due to company policy the store managers decision could not be overturned. Asked to speak to a manager told they would ring me. After over a week after speaking to a manager still no further forward. Went to the store to see the manageress asked why she thought the top had been washed was told because it smelt as though it had been washed and she asked her assistant to confirm this. Told them that would be my perfume they could smell. Again asked were they saying I was lying, the assistant indicated that they were only doing their job. By this time I and my husband were not happy with their attitude, they then decided to call security as I tried to tell other customers about the problem I was having. Never in all my 71 years have I experienced this attitude on returning goods. This company does not have any respect for their customers. service"
Christine Hodges
Verified Reviewer
"Will not purchase again from Roman Originals due to their Returns Policy. This is the first time I have returned anything bought on line from Roman Originals, ordered my usual size 10 but this particular top was too big, as they charge £3.00 postage for returns decided to go to the nearest shop, which was in an unfamiliar area. Parking charges and finding somewhere to park was an experience I would have preferred to avoid, eventually found the shop, given a card to buy something else even though I would have preferred a refund. The shop had very limited stock of anything in a size 10, so used the card over the phone to buy something else to the same value. Other on line retailers offers free delivery and free returns and a full refund. I have no intention of going through this hassle again will shop elsewhere."
Samantha Shade
"The clothes are perfect size fit and faishonable for the plus size ladies hheping us to feel confident in our skin. Always packaged brilliantly."
"A poor returns policy coupled with a very rude staff member in my local store. She was to the point I vowed not to shop there ever again. I went in for a disabled relative who could not try in an item as they are housebound and I had to return the item. The shop assistant had been rude on the previous two occasions and was exceptionally rude when I mentioned the poor returns policy, their website offers a refund if 'you are not happy with the item'- only for it to be a credit note via giftcard. It was not so much the policy but her attitude. The quality of items are good but would rather go without or shop elsewhere. Times are changing -many people shop online with retailers with no quibble returns policy, that is modern retail whether it is difficult for retailers or not, it is the competitive environment. Whatever happened to the customer being King. Shops are struggling to exist on the highstreet, you would think they would be keen to make it a better experience."
"Beautifully made quality clothes. No quibble easy returns. Fast delivery & really well packaged. No complaints!"
Karen Carter
"Great selection of day dresses perfect fit recently purchased for a wedding so pleased purchased another two ."
"Good price, perfect fit, and fast delivery."
Angie Symonds
"Easy to use website, product I needed was in stock and half price Win Win :-)"
"BE CAREFUL when buying anything from this store. If you change your mind they WILL NOT GIVE YOU A REFUND. I tried to return two items two days after I had bought them - I had the receipt and they were in exactly the same condition as when I had bought them, ie. unworn with tags on. Their policy is to offer you a gift card to spend at their store within the next 12 months and that's it - take it or leave it, no cash refund. I phoned their Customer Services to make a complaint as I was so surprised at their outdated policy. I got nowhere with this and was told my complaint would be escalated and was promised a call back from a team leader within 2 days but the call never came - nothing. They are not interested once they have your money - all they do is hide behind their ridiculous company policy and you are left with clothes that you don't want whilst they keep your cash. I for one will never shop in Roman Originals again and I have warned friends/family/colleagues that if they purchase something from this shop and change their minds they can whistle for a refund. There are plenty of other clothes shops out there that happily give you a refund if you need it - Roman Originals should take a leaf out of their books and lose their outdated policy."
Lynda Probert
Unverified Reviewer
"I've been trying to get an account problem resolved with them from mid February and they won't reply at all!!!!"
Julie Papworth
"Good range of vegan products and staff are helpful with good knowledge about them, pleasant staff and good customer service. The shop is well set out and I love there offers too!"
Emeline
"always discounts happening, by one get 1 for a cent, very healthy products, food supplements, sensitivities/allergies food available all the time and always rather tasty, herbal medicine works very well, i especially am found of all the essential oils i find"
Roman Originals is rated 3.69 based on 90 reviews