Roman Originals Reviews

Roman Originals have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices and delivery but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

61% of reviewers recommend Roman Originals
8PM
8PM

reece.wallis@romanoriginals.co.uk

How would you rate Roman Originals ?

"Poor customer service, faulty clothes are not acknowledged with a cash refund, upon production of receipt and tagged clothing a week later! I will never purchase from here again! Previous to this occasion I'd made lots of purchases! I haven't recommended Roman to friends or family since. In my opinion consumer rights don't exist with this company. I spoke to CAB regarding this and I should of had a cash refund - I got a gift card in the post! Upon speaking to elderly customers, being unable to return faulty goods is a common occurrence."
"WE VISITED THE CARLISLE SHOP & WERE REALLY IMPRESSED BY HILARY WHO ATTENDED TO US SHE WAS BRILLIANT NOTHING WAS TOO MUCH BOTHER FOR HER SHE WAS OPENLY HONEST ABOUT THE DRESSES I TRIED ON & I CAME OUT WITH A LOVLEY PURCHASE IWILL CERTAINLY GO BACK AGAIN & RECCOMEND THE SHOP & HILARY TO FRIENDS"
"Recently discovered this brand and I'm impressed by the quality and service. Even more so today as I'd both messed up and duplicated an order and missed my discount. I e-mailed them and got a response and it was sorted within the hour! Fantastic, so much better than the usual "please allow 48 hours ...". Full marks for Customer Service!"
"I purchased 4 items last week on returning home I realised I had been charged for a top twice. I rang customer service who told me to ring the store and the manageress Julie was so helpful. Been back today and had the money refunded. This was the Huddesfield store. Also I love your clothes."
"Disagree with there exchange policy ,I have a £28 top that doesn't fit and Roman refuse to exchange ,I will NOT be shopping there again . Helen Hutt"
"Bought a dress when I got home I saw was ripped and went to return it the sales lady was rude and unhelpful"
"Visited your Crewe store 619 recently looking for an outfit for a wedding. 2 lovely ladies Annie and Annette we so very helpful and I purchased a dress I absolutely love. These 2 ladies are a credit to your company."
"The staff in your Chester store were absolutely lovely and are a credit to your company. They were extremely helpful when my friend and I were in today. The best customer service we have ever received in a clothing store."
"I recently used a birthday £10 off voucher online which was valid when spending £50 or more. I bought the same dress in 2 different sizes and returned the larger one. I thought that £3 p&p was a bit steep but paid it anyway. My refund was processed minus the £3 p&p and £5 of the voucher I used. I queried this and after chasing for a response (over a week later) was advised that I couldn’t have a a refund of the £5 because of the way they had processed it! I asked for a call to discuss this decision but this request was just ignored. I agree with the previous review, I spend £100s every year in Roman, but never again. It’s 2018 Roman, wake up!"
"Avoid like the plague. Read trust pilot reviews. NO REFUNDS ridiculous policy"
"Returned as item and received a gift card. OK not great but then it gets worse. Orders two dresses (a repeat of a prior order as they were so nice). One dress OK but the other dress arrived and was cut a full inch smaller than the original. Phones and complained to customer services. Advised to return and they would not deduct postage. Returned as suggested. Not only did they deduct postage but failed to refund the part of the dress paid by the first card. Just kept the balance of the card with no communication. Put in a complaint - received emails advising response in 24 hours but bothing. Phoned customer service and rude staff member basically brushed off. Told balance would be refunded that day but no apology no nothing and yep, you guessed it no refund either. Emailed again and still no response. Loyal customer now out £12 + £3 postage for return - spend hundreds a year with this store but never again. AVOID"
"I recently visited your store in sutton coldfield. I went to till with top-and then got a barrage of how it couldn't be returned -voucher or exchange phew! I told her I mainly shop at marks and spencer as they make you feel relaxed with purchase-if anything is wrong they are great. Then another assistant joined -to belittle my views. I voted with my feet-put the purchase down and walked out. I have never felt so uncomfortable-and will not go there again. Outdated policy alienates your customers. Horrible experience staff need training in customer service."
"I agree with many other commentators re the outdated returns policy. I was forced to accept a time limited gift card instead of a refund, despite returning an unsuitable item within 2 weeks. Once the card is used I won't shop here again, there is plenty of other choice. I thought consumer act 2015 obliged retailers to refund unsuitable items within 30 days - of course unsuitability is hard to prove but why is it in the stores favour? I had bought two pairs of trousers - same size - one fitted, the other too big and a funny, unflattering shape on, despite supposedly being my size. Surely this contravenes the consumer act?"
"bought 2 pairs navy crinkley trousers with side buttons, first wash, one came out like faded old rag, and second pair, came out all distorted and out of shape! and yes, washed on silk wash! also bought white pair, which i am afraid to wear,and wash!"
"£3 cost for returns on Royal Mail.. Most of shops you've got free returns."
"I like the quality and design of their clothes but the Returns Policy is very unexpected and inflexible - I too was given a gift card to spend in store after I tried to return a top I bought as a birthday gift for my Mum. I did consider ordering on line as I thought their return policy might be less ?? military style but it sounds like the problems persist there too. I have therefore just unsubscribed from their emails too."
"Went into store 127 trentham served by a lovely lady name Barbara who couldn't have been more helpful I went in for a dress for a wedding so had an idea in mind but came out with totally different one which I would never have chosen but on Barbara's advice I tried on and wow it was perfect lovely shop and lovely staff , a credit to the company"
"Visited Clarks Village store in Street and found 2 dresses and a pair of trousers I liked, unfortunately the trousers and one of the dresses were not in stock in my size, I purchased the other dress and the helpful assistant wrote down the codes of the other items so I could order online (she explained the returns policy clearly ). Ordered the other items around 5.30pm, very quick and easy to use ,and they were delivered free of charge the next day. I am delighted with all my purchases, the quality and fit is really good and I can't fault the service both online and in store. Well done Romans, top marks!"
"Buying an item and being told I can have a refund if not suitable and find they deduct £3.00 to cover the postage and not been told about that when ordering is a disgrace WILL NEVER USE THIS COMANPANY AGIAN"
"My mother and I have shopped in Roman for a few years. Recently she purchased a dress for a wedding. The dress was unsuitable so within a week of purchase tried to return it. Her local store is 30 miles away. When we got to the store they refused to refund her. Their outdated and old fashioned policy is to refund onto a time limited gift card only. What a shame. Once the gift card is used neither of us will be shopping with Roman again. Their outdated policies need to move with the times."
Roman Originals is rated 3.51 based on 105 reviews