Roman Originals Reviews

5PM
5PM

reece.wallis@romanoriginals.co.uk

Tell us how Roman Originals made you happy

"Will never shop at Roman again . Fairly good customer service when I went in looking for a top for a special occasion . I realise now it was a hard sell . The two assistants couldn't e more helpful but I was running it of time . I took two to have a better look and decide at home as I hadn't to go . I felt under pressure and after all their help I felt I neded to buy something . Despite what the woman said afterwards no She didn't explain about the no refunds policy . It's exchange only . I wrongly assumed it being a high street store that I could take back for a refund. The lady even said keep the necklace safe in case you need to bring back . I didn't like them after all with the time and space at home . I returned both . I walked in to the store at Solihull and one of the lady's who had helped and couldn't do enough at the time I was buying was there. She seemed to know I was bringing back as she asked from halfway across the shop as I entered in a very loud and abrupt tone " can I help you" ? I explained when I got nearer a bit taken aback that I was bringing back . She then became even louder explaining it was exchange only and that she had explained that clearly at the time as she remembered me. No Shen didn't or I d never have taken one being unsure let alone two . She was quite bombastic , verybliud like she wanted everyone to hear . She told me I had to find something there and then . Isn't isn't have time . Also I felt very uncomfortable and embarrassed . There were customers in the shop could hear everything. I just wanted to leave . I found out later they could give a gift card Valid for 12 months . I felt she was deliberately embarrassing me perhaps even trying to bully me in to keeping it . Luckily I deal too with a different woman when I returned and I got a gift card. She didn't have much to say for herself and virtually hid in the changing room when I returned. If the exchange/ refund policy had been explained that would have been best or failing that politely , calmly and quietly explained in a professional manner that would have been acceptable . It was not it was put to me loudly, aggressively almost and to cause embarrassment and conflict . I In"
Are you Roman Originals? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Roman Originals receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"sizes are perfect delivery perfect clothes are an amazing fit AAAA +++++++++++"
"I bought a jacket in the Friday reduction sale and although I tried it on in the shop it was so busy I didn't notice there was anything wrong with it till I tried it on again at home. the back of it was 1 and a half inches shorter than the front, the press studs when used the neck higher on one side and the front lower on one side. So took it back to the Taunton store the day after for a refund on faulty goods. It was refused, the manageress refused to look at it, the assistant pulled it around to try to prove it was not faulty. even though when on a hanger the fault was obvious. the manageress by this time was 'extremely' rude to me, I told her how disgusting her attitude was, and then she just rammed it back in to the bag, thrust it at me and stormed off in a rage. Quite frankly if this is the kind of staff that Roman employ , then it's a wonder that your company is still operating. I 'had' to accept a credit note in the end but still have to find a coat to buy somewhere else, i am 73 years old and have never in my life been treated so disgustingly by a shop assistant before."
"I used to shop online with Romans quite frequently .But last time its worst experience and I dont think I would buy anything from Romans again. Staffs at Staines are worst.Most unfriendly. I went to return one of my online purchase as it was not the right fit. I was happy to exchange the purchase with gift card. But the staff said she cant do it on Saturday and they made me come again on Sunday. The same lady was there and she was so complaining about the policy their shop have and treated us so badly. Im going to exchange the money I spent.But the lady there treated as if Im getting her money. Never again in Romans!!!! Return policy is worst and staffs are very bad atleast in Staines branch."
"Roman must be the worst company to buy from I have been a valued customer to Roman from they first opened in Solihull I shop in it about twice a week always purchase something the staff know me from going in so often,I bought a garment on my lunch hour didn't have time to try it on got it home and it didn't fit as I always buy the same size from them unfortunately this size came up smaller I brought it back with tags still on it and in the Roman bag but could not find my receipt. I didn't want a refund I just wanted to try another garment in the same size to see if it fit better,the staff wouldn't hear tell of it after knowing me for many years as we always have a chat. I will not spend anymore money in this shop think they will have to change there exchanges policy if they want to stay in business."
"Bought 2 tops in a stretchy jersey fabric. Very pleased with both until I washed them ( by hand I should add). One top looked as though a rough comb had been dragged all over it. I returned it with the receipt and exchanged it for the same top, I hoped the first experience was a one off. I have now worn and washed the tops again and both have gone the same way. I have been into the shop this morning to ask if I can return them as faulty. I was told not without the receipt or proof of purchase. I felt like a criminal. I should have quoted the trading standards rule book at them as they clearly don't know or don't care that it is law that they should take back any faulty goods with or without a receipt. I was told to go and get proof it is theirs. I suggested the label is proof enough. I am to request bank statements!! I am not that desperate, I will vote with my feet and spend my clothing budget elsewhere. The tops? I'll do my housework in them. Thank you Corby Roman."
"I don't know what all the fuss is about. Play them at their own game. I too disagree with their gift card refund policy - it's something you would get in a street market or back in the day! This is the 21st century and they should keep up. However, in the main this will work. If you can get to a shop have a look and try on - decide what you want. Then order online but hunt online for a discount code first. There always seem to these codes that work. I have successfully received free delivery and 20% off a few times now. I think they offer free delivery on over £20.00 anyway. IF you still have to return anything - return it in store to avoid paying the £3.00 return fee. You will obviously only get the discounted amount you paid - it's not a Charity! Then use the Gift card next time you shop online and use a discount code. You will be quids in this way rather than if you use the Gift Card in store without a discount. I shop this way as they don't seem to have discount days in store very often. I also refuse to pay delivery where I can. Simples!"
"Poor customer service, faulty clothes are not acknowledged with a cash refund, upon production of receipt and tagged clothing a week later! I will never purchase from here again! Previous to this occasion I'd made lots of purchases! I haven't recommended Roman to friends or family since. In my opinion consumer rights don't exist with this company. I spoke to CAB regarding this and I should of had a cash refund - I got a gift card in the post! Upon speaking to elderly customers, being unable to return faulty goods is a common occurrence."
"WE VISITED THE CARLISLE SHOP & WERE REALLY IMPRESSED BY HILARY WHO ATTENDED TO US SHE WAS BRILLIANT NOTHING WAS TOO MUCH BOTHER FOR HER SHE WAS OPENLY HONEST ABOUT THE DRESSES I TRIED ON & I CAME OUT WITH A LOVLEY PURCHASE IWILL CERTAINLY GO BACK AGAIN & RECCOMEND THE SHOP & HILARY TO FRIENDS"
"Recently discovered this brand and I'm impressed by the quality and service. Even more so today as I'd both messed up and duplicated an order and missed my discount. I e-mailed them and got a response and it was sorted within the hour! Fantastic, so much better than the usual "please allow 48 hours ...". Full marks for Customer Service!"
"I purchased 4 items last week on returning home I realised I had been charged for a top twice. I rang customer service who told me to ring the store and the manageress Julie was so helpful. Been back today and had the money refunded. This was the Huddesfield store. Also I love your clothes."
"Disagree with there exchange policy ,I have a £28 top that doesn't fit and Roman refuse to exchange ,I will NOT be shopping there again . Helen Hutt"
"Bought a dress when I got home I saw was ripped and went to return it the sales lady was rude and unhelpful"
"I love their clothes. Well made and a bit quirky. Good comfortable fit."
"Visited your Crewe store 619 recently looking for an outfit for a wedding. 2 lovely ladies Annie and Annette we so very helpful and I purchased a dress I absolutely love. These 2 ladies are a credit to your company."
"The staff in your Chester store were absolutely lovely and are a credit to your company. They were extremely helpful when my friend and I were in today. The best customer service we have ever received in a clothing store."
"I recently used a birthday £10 off voucher online which was valid when spending £50 or more. I bought the same dress in 2 different sizes and returned the larger one. I thought that £3 p&p was a bit steep but paid it anyway. My refund was processed minus the £3 p&p and £5 of the voucher I used. I queried this and after chasing for a response (over a week later) was advised that I couldn’t have a a refund of the £5 because of the way they had processed it! I asked for a call to discuss this decision but this request was just ignored. I agree with the previous review, I spend £100s every year in Roman, but never again. It’s 2018 Roman, wake up!"
"Very good quality clothes, prompt dispatch, extremely well packaged."
"Avoid like the plague. Read trust pilot reviews. NO REFUNDS ridiculous policy"
"Returned as item and received a gift card. OK not great but then it gets worse. Orders two dresses (a repeat of a prior order as they were so nice). One dress OK but the other dress arrived and was cut a full inch smaller than the original. Phones and complained to customer services. Advised to return and they would not deduct postage. Returned as suggested. Not only did they deduct postage but failed to refund the part of the dress paid by the first card. Just kept the balance of the card with no communication. Put in a complaint - received emails advising response in 24 hours but bothing. Phoned customer service and rude staff member basically brushed off. Told balance would be refunded that day but no apology no nothing and yep, you guessed it no refund either. Emailed again and still no response. Loyal customer now out £12 + £3 postage for return - spend hundreds a year with this store but never again. AVOID"
Roman Originals is rated 3.47 based on 116 reviews