Roman Originals Reviews

Roman Originals have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices and delivery but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

62% of reviewers recommend Roman Originals

How would you rate Roman Originals ?

"Visited your Crewe store 619 recently looking for an outfit for a wedding. 2 lovely ladies Annie and Annette we so very helpful and I purchased a dress I absolutely love. These 2 ladies are a credit to your company."
"The staff in your Chester store were absolutely lovely and are a credit to your company. They were extremely helpful when my friend and I were in today. The best customer service we have ever received in a clothing store."
"I recently used a birthday £10 off voucher online which was valid when spending £50 or more. I bought the same dress in 2 different sizes and returned the larger one. I thought that £3 p&p was a bit steep but paid it anyway. My refund was processed minus the £3 p&p and £5 of the voucher I used. I queried this and after chasing for a response (over a week later) was advised that I couldn’t have a a refund of the £5 because of the way they had processed it! I asked for a call to discuss this decision but this request was just ignored. I agree with the previous review, I spend £100s every year in Roman, but never again. It’s 2018 Roman, wake up!"
"Avoid like the plague. Read trust pilot reviews. NO REFUNDS ridiculous policy"
"Returned as item and received a gift card. OK not great but then it gets worse. Orders two dresses (a repeat of a prior order as they were so nice). One dress OK but the other dress arrived and was cut a full inch smaller than the original. Phones and complained to customer services. Advised to return and they would not deduct postage. Returned as suggested. Not only did they deduct postage but failed to refund the part of the dress paid by the first card. Just kept the balance of the card with no communication. Put in a complaint - received emails advising response in 24 hours but bothing. Phoned customer service and rude staff member basically brushed off. Told balance would be refunded that day but no apology no nothing and yep, you guessed it no refund either. Emailed again and still no response. Loyal customer now out £12 + £3 postage for return - spend hundreds a year with this store but never again. AVOID"
"I recently visited your store in sutton coldfield. I went to till with top-and then got a barrage of how it couldn't be returned -voucher or exchange phew! I told her I mainly shop at marks and spencer as they make you feel relaxed with purchase-if anything is wrong they are great. Then another assistant joined -to belittle my views. I voted with my feet-put the purchase down and walked out. I have never felt so uncomfortable-and will not go there again. Outdated policy alienates your customers. Horrible experience staff need training in customer service."
"I agree with many other commentators re the outdated returns policy. I was forced to accept a time limited gift card instead of a refund, despite returning an unsuitable item within 2 weeks. Once the card is used I won't shop here again, there is plenty of other choice. I thought consumer act 2015 obliged retailers to refund unsuitable items within 30 days - of course unsuitability is hard to prove but why is it in the stores favour? I had bought two pairs of trousers - same size - one fitted, the other too big and a funny, unflattering shape on, despite supposedly being my size. Surely this contravenes the consumer act?"
"bought 2 pairs navy crinkley trousers with side buttons, first wash, one came out like faded old rag, and second pair, came out all distorted and out of shape! and yes, washed on silk wash! also bought white pair, which i am afraid to wear,and wash!"
"£3 cost for returns on Royal Mail.. Most of shops you've got free returns."
"I like the quality and design of their clothes but the Returns Policy is very unexpected and inflexible - I too was given a gift card to spend in store after I tried to return a top I bought as a birthday gift for my Mum. I did consider ordering on line as I thought their return policy might be less ?? military style but it sounds like the problems persist there too. I have therefore just unsubscribed from their emails too."
"Went into store 127 trentham served by a lovely lady name Barbara who couldn't have been more helpful I went in for a dress for a wedding so had an idea in mind but came out with totally different one which I would never have chosen but on Barbara's advice I tried on and wow it was perfect lovely shop and lovely staff , a credit to the company"
"Visited Clarks Village store in Street and found 2 dresses and a pair of trousers I liked, unfortunately the trousers and one of the dresses were not in stock in my size, I purchased the other dress and the helpful assistant wrote down the codes of the other items so I could order online (she explained the returns policy clearly ). Ordered the other items around 5.30pm, very quick and easy to use ,and they were delivered free of charge the next day. I am delighted with all my purchases, the quality and fit is really good and I can't fault the service both online and in store. Well done Romans, top marks!"
"Buying an item and being told I can have a refund if not suitable and find they deduct £3.00 to cover the postage and not been told about that when ordering is a disgrace WILL NEVER USE THIS COMANPANY AGIAN"
"My mother and I have shopped in Roman for a few years. Recently she purchased a dress for a wedding. The dress was unsuitable so within a week of purchase tried to return it. Her local store is 30 miles away. When we got to the store they refused to refund her. Their outdated and old fashioned policy is to refund onto a time limited gift card only. What a shame. Once the gift card is used neither of us will be shopping with Roman again. Their outdated policies need to move with the times."
"The website is so easy to use -- and the order so speedily processed -- The price of products with their frequent penny sale -( buy one get one free ) makes this company high on my regular shopping list."
"excellent clothing... no regrets"
"i recently visited roman originals at the festival site ebbw vale looking for an oufit for a wedding. your member of staff Cheryl Clarke assisted me and she was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for her and she must have shown me every outfit in my size. Cheryl was honest in her opinion on what suited me and what didn't, i have no hesitation in recomending your store to everyone."
"Bought crinkle top from Ashton-Under-Lyne branch to take on holiday. Wore the top twice crinkles almost disappeared it looked nothing like what I had purchased. Took the top back was told by the manageress that there was nothing wrong with the top. I disputed this was told that the area manager was due to visit the store in the next few days agreed to leave the top with them for the area manager to look at. Got call next day to say that the area manager was now not due for at least a couple of weeks. Was then told by the store manageress that in her opinion the top had been washed which I had already told her the previous day it had not been washed or ironed. I asked if she was saying that I was lying she denied this. I then contacted the customer service centre, was told that due to company policy the store managers decision could not be overturned. Asked to speak to a manager told they would ring me. After over a week after speaking to a manager still no further forward. Went to the store to see the manageress asked why she thought the top had been washed was told because it smelt as though it had been washed and she asked her assistant to confirm this. Told them that would be my perfume they could smell. Again asked were they saying I was lying, the assistant indicated that they were only doing their job. By this time I and my husband were not happy with their attitude, they then decided to call security as I tried to tell other customers about the problem I was having. Never in all my 71 years have I experienced this attitude on returning goods. This company does not have any respect for their customers. service"
"Will not purchase again from Roman Originals due to their Returns Policy. This is the first time I have returned anything bought on line from Roman Originals, ordered my usual size 10 but this particular top was too big, as they charge £3.00 postage for returns decided to go to the nearest shop, which was in an unfamiliar area. Parking charges and finding somewhere to park was an experience I would have preferred to avoid, eventually found the shop, given a card to buy something else even though I would have preferred a refund. The shop had very limited stock of anything in a size 10, so used the card over the phone to buy something else to the same value. Other on line retailers offers free delivery and free returns and a full refund. I have no intention of going through this hassle again will shop elsewhere."
"The clothes are perfect size fit and faishonable for the plus size ladies hheping us to feel confident in our skin. Always packaged brilliantly."
Roman Originals is rated 3.55 based on 99 reviews