Robert Cooney Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Robert Cooney

Tell us how Robert Cooney made you happy

"We had a fantastic experience with the members of Robert Cooney. We were always able to contact someone and the manner of most of the staff was friendly and informative. The only thing I feel that could be improved is more viewing slots. Sometimes we couldn’t view the properties we had shortlisted for a good few days due to busy diary’s. I understand this does happen but it is the only matter that could be improved. Perhaps more diary slots and for longer for 2nd viewings would be helpful. Adam and Lucie are fabulous estate agents. They have been wonderful during the whole process."
"The team at Robert Cooney are fantastic, it doesn’t matter who picks up the phone they are always up to speed with what’s happening with regard to viewings, offers and sales progress. They take time to understand your needs as a buyer and unlike some agents don’t bombard you with all properties on their books. I have used Robert Cooney for both the sales of my properties and to buy and I honestly cannot recommend them highly enough."
"We were looking to buy a house in the Taunton area since November 2018 and registered with all the agents in Taunton. By far the best have been Robert Cooney. Friendly, very professional, listened to us, understood what we were looking for, and were always pro active. We always felt that they were doing their utmost to help us. Highly recommended."
"Robert Cooney sold our house in 6 viewings. We would like to thank Stuart for finding a buyer for us so quickly and Sarah for going above and beyond to progress the sale and onward purchase. We would definitely recommend Robert Cooney."
"Thank you for you help and support.You answered all our questions as we haven't moved for many years"
Thank you for your positive review.
"We originally listed our property with Purple Bricks which after a few months, we found was not the appropriate way to list for us. Our property is in a country area with 0.5 acre of land and the house needed a little cosmetic updating. The purple bricks rep over valued our property, photos weren't of the best quality and having to conduct all our viewings became tiresome. So we decided to get 3 more evaluations done..after comparing all, decided to engage Robert Cooney based on commission (1.5%) and we liked the rep. Once we signed the contract, we never saw the rep again who'd said to us he would lead the home opens with the help of other colleagues when he wasn't able to. Then we had to pay £90 for aerial photos of property (most other agents include that in final fee). We had to request to have those sent to us via email though we had paid for them. On a positive note, most of the viewings were conducted professionally, except when i had to request for a couple of reps to ring me once the viewing was over, so i could return home. Had to remind them twice. It does need to be noted that it isn't the best time to be selling a country property in the UK, due to the current political situation. Having said that, we needed to sell, so asked about how much to reduce the price in order to do so. The price was reduced by £27,500(quite a reduction). Though that increased viewings, we were now targeting a different buyer and much lower offers. We were never consulted about what our bottom price was, that only being discussed after an insultingly low offer, which we were advised by a senior member to accept ( much lower than what we had originally paid for the property 5 yrs ago). I also overheard a junior member, during a viewing, advising the viewers that we were very keen to sell! We therefore do not feel our financial interests were at all looked after. Then we started to be asked to conduct viewings quite frequently because ' nobody was available for the next few days'. During a viewing conducted by us, we realised the brochures being given were just low quality colour photocopies. With the second offer, we had to actually request for it to be sent officially via email. Much more can be said about the poor customer service we have received during the process of selling our house with Robert Cooney. We cannot compare them to any other agent, except Purple Bricks, which is a different way to sell, therefore not comparable. But we wouldn't really recommend this agent to anyone else based on customer service. We feel that they were not interested at all in getting the best financial outcome for us and looking after our interests. They were more focused on a quick sale ( which we did need) at any cost to us. We felt they were more focused on providing good customer service for the buyer and their interests, though we are the ones having to pay 1.5% commission. Commission is quite good in comparison to the other quotes we obtained from 3 other agents. The advertising was adequate, though the brochures were of average quality. We received a weekly report on the viewings and marketing reports and phone calls feedback after viewings. During the offer, very little contact was made to update us on progress by Sarah and we had to chase up, finding that paperwork had not been processed delaying the offer by 2 weeks. Conflicting information was provided on legalities concerning disclosure of previous building surveys undertaken. In conclusion, this was our first time selling a property in the UK, the timing and urgency have not been our allies, but there was much that could have been done by Robert Cooney's team to support us, inform us correctly during a very difficult time for us. So the score reflects that."
I was disappointed to receive your negative comments given the hard work and effort our team put in to facilitate your move back to Australia. I am sorry you did not experience a completely flawless transaction - that is always our goal and we work hard to ensure every client is treated to world-class customer service.

All feedback - whether it be positive or negative - is gratefully received and your comments enable us to incorporate some of the things we learned in this transaction to improve the experience for all our clients in the future.
"“My husband and I went to Robert Cooney after having used a couple of other national estate agent chains with no results to speak of. The national chains did not offer the customer service, experience, and performance we expected for what we were paying. After switching to Robert Cooney it was a world of difference. We truly felt like they had our best interests at heart throughout the entire process. Moreover, throughout the process they were responsive, polite, friendly, and professional. You could tell that Robert Cooney didn’t have a high turnover of staff like the national chains do. With the national chains it seemed like many viewings were not capitalized on since an inexperienced and uninformed member of staff would be given the task and thus an opportunity was wasted. With Robert Cooney even Robert Cooney himself took the time to show our house to prospective clients and this made all the difference. It is important to remember that when you are selling a house, the estate agent is your representative. If you want to be represented in a responsive, polite, friendly, and professional way then choose Robert Cooney. We would unreservedly recommend Robert Cooney to our friends and family.”"
Thank you for your 5* review. We are delighted to have made a world of difference to you.
"Very happy with the service provided by Robert Cooney to sell my house. No hesitation in recommending them. Professional, reliable, good advice ... a great team! Thank you"
Thank you for your review and 5* rating.
"Excellent service from the team at Robert Cooney with regular updates and professional opinions on both pre and post marketing. Thanks for making the process as painless as possible."
"5 ***** star service. We couldn’t of asked for more , all the staff working for Robert Cooney remained professional, knowledgeable and aware of our case throughout the sale of our home. We would definitely recommend Robert Cooney for outstanding sales and after sales service."
"Excellent response to what I thought was going to turn into a nightmare. I want to say thanks for your excellent professionalism! Thanks"
We are very pleased you have been happy with your Robert Cooney experience. Thank you for the 5* review.
"The process of selling our character farmhouse has been a long and difficult road for many reasons, made so much easier by Robert Cooney and his team. The professionalism and support provided throughout has been second to none. Even after we had accepted an offer, subject to contract, the followup service, provided, kept us fully informed of exactly where we were in the process. The standard of communication especially was always accurate, consistent and supportive. Thank you Robert Cooney."
Thank you for your 5* review. We are delighted to have helped and achieved the desired outcome.
"The service from all at Robert Cooney was superb from start to finish. From the time when our property was valued to completion, the service from all was outstanding. We would not hesitate in recommending Robert Cooney and would definitely use again."
Thank you for your generous review. We look forward to working with you again ... when the time comes.
"Would have given 5 stars (based on contact with Matthew, Lucie and Kate) but was dissatisfied by attitude and actions of the so-called "sales progression" lady, Sarah...Was so dissatisfied following her involvement that I would hesitate to recommend your firm or use you again if to do so would involve this staff member. Otherwise, the courtesy, efficiency and professionalism of Matthew, Lucie and Kate were exemplary."
Thank you for your review following your purchase.

We are of course sorry you were dissatisfied in any way with the service you received. Our dedicated sales progression department ensures a strict level of due diligence is provided for our vendor and all parties throughout the process and, whilst some of your communication was with other colleagues, the successful conclusion of your purchase was enabled and facilitated by the whole team.

We hope you are very happy in your new home.
"I write to express our appreciation for the excellent service and attention shown by you and all your staff, during the quick and highly successful sale of our property. Having sold many properties over the course of my life, I can say that the attention to detail and service rendered has exceeded any previous transactions with other estate agents both here and in Australia, by s significant margin. We send our personal thanks to everyone who was involved in our property sale, starting with your own part in the valuation of our home, through to exchange of contracts with completion due next week."
Thank you for the 5* review. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations.
"Very happy with my experience as they where very professional the whole time. They made sure to keep me up to date with all information which made me happy to know that I knew what was happening when it was happening."
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you were happy with your Robert Cooney experience.
"The house purchase was straightforward from viewing to completion. Support and advice readily available when required. We would always recommend to friends and family"
Thank you for your review.
"Bought a property through Cooneys. Polite staff who worked hard to find me a property but when sold subject to contract very little communication until completion day when was given a bottle of wine."
"I recently bought a property where Robert Cooney acted as the seller's Estate Agent. As the buyer I was regularly kept up to-date with the progress of the sale with a good balance between pushing the sale along and not being felt pressured. All of the staff I talked to were professional and pleasant to deal with."
"From start to finish of my purchase of a flat through Robert Cooney, my experience was good. The agents were helpful and pleasant, were well informed, did not make me feel rushed when viewing, and never put any pressure on me. As often happens, at one stage there was a hitch at my end, but the agent handling this sale did wonders in calming the Vendor of the flat and all worked out well. I would recommend this firm."
Robert Cooney is rated 4.78 based on 114 reviews