Richer Sounds Reviews

56% of reviewers recommend Richer Sounds

How would you rate Richer Sounds?

52 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Richer Sounds in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Trying to take advantage of the elderly . Lovely service until your Tv stops doing as it should"
"So after purchasing two tv's, neither of which performed well enough with Freesat to warrant there ££££ price tag I returned them both. The attitude of the shop was condescending and implied that the problem was with me not the tv! I won't be purchasing from this store again"
"I understood that Richer Sounds had a reputation for good customer services however this was certainly not my experience. We bought a £500 LCD television from them in the sale and then stored it in a safe place until work on our house was finished. Upon unpacking and turning on the television that TV display was cracked. Richer Sounds customer service were frankly rude and implied that I had damaged the TV myself even though I sent them pictures which clearly showed the protective wrapping still on the TV. Moreover the record from their courier documented that the box was damaged upon receipt. We were not called back when it was promised that we would be and their team were exceptionally arrogant and smug. In future I will take my business to John Lewis!"
"As I was always an admirer of richer sounds for its service and Price, the recent purchase put that in doubt. I live in Swindon and Bought a 65” Samsung television on 24th of Feb, from your Oxford branch which is 35 miles away from me. As the TV was too big to fit in my car I asked for a door Delivery and it is been agreed with the sales Person as first thing to do on following Monday the 26th as it was a Saturday. Taking that into account I arranged for a Handyman to fix it on Wednesday the 28th, and took a day off on that day and even sorted out for child minding my little one. Just to confirm the delivery, I rang the Store on Tuesday the 27th, only to be informed that the Person who sold the TV forgot to book the delivery and apologies from the staff who spoke to me, which did not help me in anyway. I was told I would not get the TV delivered until next week. What shocked me was, the Person said That I Can get the refund If I am not Happy, which I am, in that moment. But what kind of Salesperson would refund for the mistake done by them. Later the Store manager rang me and said the same as the previous Person and confirmed me the Delivery for next week along with an apology. And after all snow delayed the delivery further more days and I finally got my TV after 2 weeks of Buying it. Would have been easier for me if I price matched you with Local John Lewis. But nobody seemed to worried about what I lost on that day for one of your staff’s blunder. Next time I would give a second thought if I have to come Richer sound and might have to advice my friends and family the same."
"I bought an Onkyo surround system and LG 65" 4K OLED. I wasn't sure how to configure, Damien from the Brighton branch came to my home and set the whole system up for me. Brilliant. So I just relocated and needed a little tech support setting up again. I text Damien, it was his day off, he was on it. Did what he could on the phone, put a shout out to his colleagues in other branches and within the hour my problem was resolved. 5 star service always !!"
"I visited Hanley branch of richer sound, served by John, once again brilliant service from him and all the staff very friendly"
"My family have spent a lot of money with richer sounds over the years and I wanted to pay special thanks to Stuart who went our of his way to help me in all respects after my recent purchase. He went through the whole claim for me and explained everything for me. I'm 80 and my wife's 79, we're both disabled and this TV is our only now pleasure as we don't go out much. I worked as a manager for a large company for 20 years and I liked it very much when people came to pass on their thanks for a job well done so that is why I want to say thank you very much to Stuart. He went well over and above what I expected and he literally couldn't have done anything else for me. Thanks again."
"We went into Richer sounds, Exeter. We ordered a bundle advertised on their website - turntable and BT speakers. The assistant ordered the wrong speakers (not BT) which we discovered on our return home and so had to telephone them to correct their error. Two days later they phoned to say that the black speakers were no longer available but the same spec speakers in white were available for another £100. Order cancelled. Elsewhere there is no difference in price between black and white."
"Purchased a Hisense TV Model Number: H40M3300 on 01/01/2017. 11 months later the TV will not change channels and volume does not work. Richer sounds put me straight through to Hisense repair company who told me the mainboard needed changing. First reported the fault on the 5th December and 3 and half weeks later I still have a broken TV. The repair company had to order in the part from somewhere. No one nows how long it will take. Christmas with a broken TV. Richer sounds say they can't do anything more...TV only 11 months old. Used to always use Richer Sounds...but no more."
Sara
"Great prices on hifi equipment. Had to ring for advice and help with payment a couple of times. Absolutely lovely, helpful staff. Great prices too."
"Great service in store, very good prices, and no problem at all when I got my unused SuperCare warranty refunded after 5 years. I love this company, rate them even higher than John Lewis for my electronics purchases."
"Richer Sounds 5 star experience. Highly recommended."
Mr R McDowell
"Very friendly and knowledgable staff, who did their utmost to seek out the most competitive price for my Panasonic tv and did better than match it with a sizeable discount."
Patricia From Bracknell
Verified Reviewer
"I bought a tv ex display model on 31st August from the Windsor Branch. They said they would get the stand for me and come out and fit it. Its now 26th Oct. It still hasn't arrived. Last night it their Asst. Mgr was to come round with it - he didn't. I rang today - apologised had come but didn't have the house number. Supposed to come tonight at 6.30 - still hasn't arrived. So disappointing - can't use the television without its stand."
Jan
"Quality products always at the best prices, plus individual unbiased service that always makes me feel like a valued customer - so different from the experience with famous big chains. I've bought Hi-Fi and TV equipment from Richer Sounds for many years and they've always made me happy - and I always know that I'm buying from a private British business who take pride in delivering good service. Thank you Richer!"
Arnold
"I like it so much and I will continue to use it so far."
"Brought sound bar with extended warranty the item broke down taken to the local store been told it has to go back to manufacture I asked twice to make sure phone 3 days later and was told it’s with there repair centre not with manufacturer and tried to say I got my wires crossed and said it was a trainee and it was not it was a store manger with 10 years experience and then after 10 minuets on phone says sorry this store is misleading customers I did ask twice my friend came with me to carry the item I am vary disappointed in richer Sounds store as I shop there for more than 10 years"
Thank you for your review although I was sorry to read you've been having problems with your faulty sound bar.

Customer Service is our top priority so it's of course disappointing to learn of any occasion where we've let a valued customer down in such a manner.

So that I may resolve this to your satisfaction as soon as possible would you contact me via my personal e-mail address with more details?

john.p.clayton@richersounds.com

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds
"Brilliant service, friendly and knowledgeable as always!"
"Never use again!"
Thank you for your review although I was obviously concerned to read your comments and offer my apologies.

Customer Service is top priority so it's of course concerning to learn that we have a dissatisfied customer.

So that I may attempt to resolve the matter to your satisfaction would you e-mail me with more details via my personal e-mail address which is john.p.clayton@richersounds.com?

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds
"Been shopping at richersounds for years now they are such a great company why go anywhere else."
Richer Sounds is rated 3.31 based on 52 reviews