RIAS Reviews

4PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact RIAS?

customerservice@rias.co.uk

Tell us how RIAS made you happy

Telephone
"Absolutely disgusting service gone fully comp with this company thinking I would be fully covered if anything happened to my car now having trouble with my car and they won’t give me a courtesy car until the car is looked at which is now been over 2 weeks now they have the car but still won’t give me a car until there garage has looked at it which won’t be for another 2 weeks so I wouldn’t even bother with this company as there completely in competent"
Are you RIAS? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I’m very impressed"
"My wife has been unfortunate to have 2 minor accidents, Rias have been fantastic both times from sorting claim to a hire Car and getting our car repaired I Cannot thank them Enough for there support and understanding"
"Absolutely disgusting company all was fine at first and then they upped my monthly payments by over 50 pound because I didn't declare a accident I had whilst insured with Hastings which involved no one and it was a electrical fault with the car and it didn't affect my no claims years when I tried to cancel it as itv2as in the 14 days they said I couldn't and had to to pay a shortfall as well disgusting no wonder people take the chance of driving with no insurance not condoning that for one minute but all as these companies are doing is robbing innocent people for sheer greed purpose the customer service staff are so rude and unhelpful air as if there on some kind of bonus the more money they save them I advise anyone to stay away from this company and there sister company."
"Very bad company, took a age to sort out my claim, never had decency to call back with information about the claim and i had to constantly keep ringing them myself. When it came to add a car first they couldnt insure me on a seat cupra beacuse apparently i was too young even though i am 28 and then when i did add a seat leon fr they charged me £600 to add the car. Absolutely atrocious. Took them 30 min to work out how i can make the full payment. Lol Stay well away."
"I was directed to them by various price comparison sites but once I went onto their site the price went up.I phoned them and was told there was nothing they could do.Total waste of time!"
"Tried to cancel my late fathers Rias house & car insurance on his death (he died in Nov and all dds up to date) only to be held to ransom and having to jump through hoops! Unscrupulous staff who wouldnt accept cancellation and endless threatening calls later even though our family were grieving and whilst their staff apologised and promised to cancel the policies. We'd still receive threatening letters demanding exorbitant amounts! They would not accept cancellation as now claimed we didnt cancel! Also backdated the car insurance as we didnt provide proof to them that we'd insured it elsewhere (cheaper) after cancellation so they are still demanding ridiculous insurance amounts (more than the cars worth) addressed to the executor threating to sue my late fathers estate!! THIS COMPANY RIPS PEOPLE OFF AND HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS OR MORALS AT ALL!! When we told them we would be reporting them to the Financial Conduct Authority, we were informed to go right ahead!!! Should be a -5 not a 1 star!"
"After a fairly exhaustive comparison site search, I felt that, for me, RIAS could give me the best overall Home Insurance package - now purchased - in terms of benefits and value. (I was also a bit persuaded being in receipt of a favourable looking RIAS motor quote - my policy renewal being due in early February.)"
"RIAS... ANOTHER FOUR LETTER WORD. says it all. DIABOLICAL COMPANY."
"Diabolical company. So, you pay your insurance company x amount a year in the belief that they will be there to assist in the event of a disaster. This might be the case for certain companies but not Rias. I am frankly appalled by the way Rias have treated my elderly mother. She has tried to claim on her insurance but has been treated absolutely terribly by what I would describe as a diabolical customer service department, in fact there was no customer service. One star is by far too generous a rating for this dreadful company."
"My mother is 83 her partner is 80. When the boiler broke and it started leaking water they called the gas fitter who installed the holier, as they at the time had no hot water or heat ( did I say they are in their 80's) the gas engineer fixed the holier and sent an invoice and at that point my 83 yr old mother tried to make a claim on the £253 invoice. Basically she was told she can't make a claim as the problem is fixed. She was told she should have sought authorisation first although it does not state this in the policy documentation. I called them on her behalf and after being put through 6 yrs 6 different departments I was basically told to go away. Allegedly this is an award winning company. Not sure why. I am raising a complaint to the FCA, and for all new customers AVOID, THEY ARE AWFUL"
"Their website is absolutely rubbish. You can't use the "contact us" part when they are out of hours. I can't access my documents as it won't let me in either as an existing customer or as a new one - I tried both in case I wasn't registered. Renew my policy???? You have got to be kidding me. I think the automatic renewal idea means companies like this are still in business. The only people still with them, must be those (like myself it would seem) can't actually get in contact with them"
"Do not go near this company. AVOID at all costs. They accused me of failing to disclose an accident which was clearly disclosed on the application form. Insisted on calling it a different type of claim because that is how their systems work!and tried to put my premium up by 50 per cent.the insurance certificate was riddled with errors. I gave up and asked for my money back but they insisted on charging me a fortune for just 8 days cover. If I don't get my refund promptly I will go to the insurance ombudsmen I have asked for their complaints procedure which I suspect will never arrive. Dreadful service"
"A word of warning to everyone thinking of using RIAS for their insurance needs. DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A BARGEPOLE... after calling them several times chasing a refund on my late fathers home and contents insurance which they told me they’ve sent a cheque for just over £70 no cheque has ever arrived, I’m sick to death of calling these people as they are just a bunch of liars who will do anything to wriggle out of paying this refund. Please do yourselves a favour and use another company"
"Just got told because I never rang to cancel my policy they decided to renew it anyway then charge me to cancel it will never deal with this company again"
"they did not make me happy as quotes would rise above inflation every year.when rang to cancel policy they said they could match cheaper quote. why not give cheapest quote when sending out renewal if they had done this I would have stayed with them"
"Felt like i had been mugged when they asked for another £42 because i had put the wrong date i had purchased the car. And i wouldnt have got used to the car in two years and more likely to have an accident."
"My Mother sadly passed away two weeks ago. She had taken contents insurance for her house from Riaz and been with them for a number of years. Upon her passing, I contacted Riaz to inform them of the same. The gentleman (using the term loosely) that I spoke to seemed more interested in recovering the last premium payment (due out of her account some 7 days after she passed) than actually offering any sentiment of condolence. However, like my mother taught me, I firmly believe that a debt of any kind (in this case £14.25) needs to be settled & gave them my name & contact details to facilitate the same. Today I received a letter from Riaz at my (not my mother’s address) addressed to my mother stating there was an outstanding balance and demanding settlement within 7 days of the date of the letter (dated some four days earlier). There was no reference to the fact she was recently deceased. Please do not misunderstand me, I was not expecting a condolence card and flowers, but a professionally worded letter addressed to me at my address (AND NOT HER) referencing my earlier report of her passing stating there was an outstanding amount would have been perfectly acceptable... Dare I even suggest a remark noting sympathy??? Instead, my Mum (NOT ME) at my address receives a needlessly poorly toned and possibly threatening letter demanding payment. One can only conclude the Riaz are either unprofessional, disorganised, incompetent, don’t really care about their clients or are possibly in such troubled times that £14.25 could make or brake them to such a degree that they have to send such a shocking letter to a recently deceased person! Disgusted!!!! After calling them to again state I would settle the amount and objecting to the letter, they did write off the out-standing balance, but frankly, not nearly sufficient for my anger with them to subside! Would strongly discourage anyone from using them!"
"Scrapped car. Could not afford it. £80.98 cancellation fee! You having a laugh?"
"They asked me for a copy of my V5 as I had provided different purchase dates for the car. Provided my V5 and because I was a month out on the date, was charged an additional £73 on top of my policy. Canceled the policy straight away. Very unhappy!"
RIAS is rated 4.12 based on 1,359 reviews