RIAS Reviews

RIAS have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

81% of reviewers recommend RIAS
5PM
5PM

customerservice@rias.co.uk

Telephone

How would you rate RIAS ?

"Unethical. Deliberately difficult. Insurance is supposed to be a safeguard and comfort that can be relied upon when things go badly wrong. Rarely have I dealt with a company that saught as many ways to wriggle out of a genuine claim as RIAS. Call after call (which took hours). Having to send ridiculous levels of proof, which even my solicitor said was outrageous, and still they tried to avoid paying out. I stuck with it although it wore me out and got close to a full settlement. I was doing it on behalf of my Mum, hence my perseverance. For anyone elderly or lacking knowledge, it would be impossible. Shameful company. Wish I could put negative marks."
"My wife insured with Rias who has never ever had an accident in 40 years, never had a conviction for anything has been refused a second car insurance by this rubbish Company. States on her insurance 9 yrs + no claims and even refused to take that into consideration on insuring a 2001 Toyota Rav 2ltr 2 door. Get real please. Got our House insurance with this Company as well. Cant wait for it to end as with the car insurance. We are going elsewhere. Would not recommend this lot to anybody. They need to enter the real world. lol. Much better company is Performance Direct. Top service and better prices.D.B"
"My claim was sorted within a couple of hours. I was totally without blame for the RTC. RIAS even provided me with a car so that l could get to work that afternoon."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"All very easy and straight forward to insure and also when my husband had an accident sorted very easily and the settlement came through without any problems"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"I am quite satisfied with all aspects of my dealings with Rias"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"? Very pleased. A very competitive quote."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Following 40% increase in premium I eventually negotiated their `phone system to cancel renewal. 11 days later they wrote to say they had renewed cover anyway, using last years payment card. Subsequently also ignored my request for an explanation and what was being done to avoid a recurrence. No apology from a named person with a job title, rather a feeble cowardly sorry from `the team`. Still, they can always tout for my business again next time Hell freezes over. On the plus side I obtained better cover for less cost than the previous year. DRF"
"Won't use them again ."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"So far, so good."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Excellent website, online advisors and assistance with claim. A very good value policy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Not really interested in customer needs"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"have not made any claims"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Easy to deal with and at that time the offer was good - never had to make a claim so cannot advise how good or bad"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Much cheaper than all other quotes for same level of cover, not made a claim and hopefully won’t have to,"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"RIAS does not allow you to transfer your no claims discount to its car insurance policies even though you may have very good proof from your previous insurer. Nor does it give a good reason for rejection of NDC. Avoid this company."
"Just been refused house insurance,lead on roof! Which older house hasn't. Crazy company."
"Im happy with thecpany but feel with all my no claims the price is very high"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"a reasonable price however we will see how much it goes up next time around"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Very easy to deal with.ihope my renewal will be just as easy and economical."
"Very good service"
RIAS is rated 4.16 based on 1,338 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!