Red Letter Days Reviews

77 Muswell Hill
Muswell Hill

Category:
Gifts & Gadgets

How would you rate Red Letter Days?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"charging an extra £5 for extending "a voucher" for something we had already paid for. last time i ever use you thieves. goodbye"
"Awful experience! Theatre and meal in London. Restaurant not near theatre. Took ages to get through to encore tickets. They then changed the days red letter said we could go on. Very unhelpful. Trying to tie in meal and theatre was painful...would not recommend anyone to buy this gift....just give the person the monetary value at least they can go when they like without all the restrictions imposed."
"DO NOT USE RED LETTER DAYS IF YOU'RE A TEACHER OR WORK IN EDUCATION!!! Complete waste of time and money. £100 voucher which can't be used as Red Letter Days Ts&Cs mean vouchers can't be used at the weekend OR during school holidays. My wife's a teacher, so that's that. Their customer service is arrogant and all about taking your money rather than resolving issues."
"Take a look at the other reviews, not just mine, and then decide if you want to proceed with a purchase from this company. I bought £500-worth of vouchers for a family member just over a year ago. They didn't use them for a few months because they couldn't find anything interesting which was actually available on the dates they wanted. Then illness prevented them from going on any trips. When they were finally ready to book, we realised that the 1-year expiry date had gone 3 days previously. When I called customer services, at first they told me they had been voided from their system and there was no way of getting them back. Then having heard my explanation, the representative went off to get a supervisor and after about 10 minutes of "discussion", she came back and said that if I paid another £50, they would reinstate them. Having to pay more money just to access vouchers that I had bought leaves a very bad taste."
"We booked a luxury tea for two at the Stanwell house hotel in Lymington for our wedding present on the 2nd of October. We were very disappointed with the content as it was not worth the value it was charged initially. The total amount of finger sandwiches was equivalent to nearly a sandwich each . Too many small dessert sweet variety which we were unable to finish very sickly as well as scones and cream .most of which we were unable to take away.we do not recommend luxury tea for two at 50 pound is value for money. Also writing this review on this Web site was not user friendly."
Gary Crookes
Verified Reviewer
"I booked my event through Red Letter Day website on the 24th July 2018 for Saturday 30th September. As we were travelling to London I booked rail tickets and hotel accommodation for that weekend. On Thursday 28th of September, 2 days before my event I receive a text from the Rock & Roll tours office saying that the tour was overbooked, could I change to an alternate weekend/time. When I spoke to their office I was informed that Red Letter Days had only just sent through my booking details for that weekend and all places were now full on that event. Not impressed at all. The staff at Rock & Roll pulled a rabbit from the hat and sorted out our trip for the time we had booked. So big thanks to Rock & Roll tour staff in London, BIG FAILURE on Red Letter Experience Days. If this is how you perform, i wont be using you again."
"This is the second time we lost a red letter day package. Received an email days before saying no parking is available and would need to use park and ride then walk 10 mins. I cannot walk 10 minutes due to a bad hip. Seriously poor information and falsely advertised discounts. Do not used the red letters day system. I recommend calling the venue directly."
"The items on offer are terrible and a narrow option of choices which dont suit families well. You can book things cheaper yourself so they are not in any way value for money. We used ours for a trip to Warwick Castle with Afternoon Tea included. The castle itself is lovely and the events and shows they put on are lovely. The cafe and Afternoon Tea is appalling. We had one booked as part of a red letter day. We were horrified when we arrived for an afternoon tea to find that the conservatory is a glorified cafe. It looks lovely fro a distance but inside it is like a canteen. All the tables were dirty and messy and we had to ask twice for someone to come and clear and clean a table for us. (not something I have every experienced with a an afternoon tea before). You are offered a sandwich of your choice. (again, afternoon teas as I have experienced them, give you a selection of small sandwiches not just one huge one). The bread was stale. The scone was a joke - completely stale and hard as rock. The only good thing were the cakes. Overall a shambles."
Richard Davies
Verified Reviewer
"It has taken me two days on line and via phone to book 4 Red Letter Days Experiences and still trying to get confirmation from Red Letter partners . It has been a nightmare. Vouchers issued for hotels that are not accepted due to Red Letter allocation already met necessitating changes to other itineraries Non-confirmation of bookings by hotels and 3rd party events. Numerous confusing emails rec'd from Red letter days . 0844 numbers in many cases. No obvious complaints procedure in force. Disapointing to say the least ."
"It's a shambles , we were given codes by Red Letter , we gave the codes to a company called Encore only to be told the codes had expired , even though we tried booking within ten minutes of receiving the email , the attitude and phone manner of the customer services is lacking to say the least , their tone of voice makes you feel like you are being a nuisance to them ,the whole system is so difficult , it has taken 3 hours of our day up and still on hold , Red Letter is great in principle , if you want frustration I highly recommend you buy them ."
Grant
"It's all good if you live in London and certain parts of England but anywhere else it isn't worth it as the variety of options is extremely limited. Having to use it for the sake of using it rather than getting anything I actually want."
"**RANT ALERT!** I recently (Dec. ' 16) activated my Red Letter Days gift which was advertised as a 'Dinner and Les Miserables Top Price Tickets for Two', but what I was actually activating was a dinner and Les Miserables (reasonably priced!) tickets for two - let me explain! Upon reading the words 'Top Price Ticket', I thought like most people would, I'd be getting a (you guessed it!) top price ticket. So I checked the available seating in the theatre and found two seats I wanted in the dress circle - I proceeded to phone the number given which puts you in touch with a company called Encore and was told that I couldn't have those seats as they were (you guessed it!) top price tickets. Instead I was offered two seats three rows from the front, so not the cheapest in the theatre but certainly not the top end either! To be honest it wasn't the price of the seats that mattered to me, I just didn't want to be that close to the stage and was left somewhat frustrated when Encore explained to me that I needed a different package which allowed me to have (you guessed it again!) top price tickets. They suggested I go back to Red Letter Days to see what they could do for me....anyway what followed was numerous phone calls to the Queen's Theatre, Encore and Red Letter Days, and no one could resolve the misleading package that is being sold to the public. Red Letter Days explained to me that Encore put the package together and all of the blurb that goes with it - they also agreed with me (on reading all the fine print) that they couldn't see any reason why I couldn't have the seats in the dress circle but that there was nothing they could do except phone Encore to ask them why!? Red Letter Days have told me that they are going to "look into this" but as yet I have not had an update....! My advice to Encore and Red Letter Days is simple, reword the package title taking out the words (you guessed it!) top price ticket and also when you get it wrong, hold your hands up, correct the situation (i.e. write off the loss) and learn from it (i.e. change the wording). It's not rocket science, just a lack of attention to detail and poor customer service! To add balance to this rant I have to say that everyone I dealt with was pleasant (only reason for the 2 stars) and I was offered a refund that I rejected. The package as it stands is okay for what it really is (Reasonably priced Les Miserable tickets and dinner for two) but what I have experienced in booking my birthday gift, has left me feeling miserable!! : ("
Rosemary Scott-Telford
Unverified Reviewer
"There are far fewer options available in Scotland for Red Letter day experiences. I managed to spend half my voucher value and was advised I had an extended date to use the rest, I mistakenly read this to be the 26th of April, turns out it actually was the 20th. So when I logged on to use the remaining voucher I couldn't find any sign of it. I thought red letter day would be happy to help reinstate the expired voucher as it was to the sum of £100 and these days most companies like to keep customers happy. They were willing to reinstate it for a fee!!!! £25 to start with, which I then managed to get them to reduce to £15 and then further to £10 fee (with phone call to the supervisors manager). Although the guys on the phone were polite, I find it shocking that they think it ok to just 'keep' £100 of someone's money because they mistakenly didn't get to spend it in time, it's akin to theft! I might have understood where they were coming from had they made more of an effort to inform me of the vouchers date by email after spending the first half of the voucher or even to say you have 24 hours left to spend it but they didn't. I would stay clear of a company with such awful policies."
Jonothan Mather
Unverified Reviewer
"This gift will only give the receiver stress. We won a competition and received £500 of red letter day vouchers. We planned to use them to tour Scotland and spent a few nights picking hotels and working out a route. From seven hotels identified we had enough vouchers for 4 nights. From seven hotels we could only use them on 2 of the hotels selected, even though we were booking 10 weeks ahead. The hotels had availability, but not for the vouchers. We did complain to Red Letter Days, buy they we no help. We are now left with vouchers which we have tried to use again for an outdoor experience, but again there was no availability. It's likely that these will expire as it's so difficult to use them. Do not believe their feefo feedback rating as you can not leave feedback unless you are the purchaser. How crafty is it to use that type of feedback system. My advice is to steer clear unless you really hate the person you are buying the gift for."
Delivery
Information
Price
"Do not trust the advice of being told the voucher is valid until you spend it all, there is a 12 month deadline which I have just found out after my credit expired. The offer of a good will gesture of getting my credit back if I spent £10 on buying it back again fell short of actually being a good will gesture. Overall experience of Red Letter days experience not good."
Red Letter Days is rated 1.20 based on 15 reviews