Real Gap Reviews

of reviewers recommend Real Gap
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Real Gap Reviews

social@realgapexp.co.uk

Real Gap Experience, Top Floor, 121-123 Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent,

Tell us how Real Gap made you happy
Real Gap 5 star review on 23rd February 2021
Rory Watkinson
Alexandra Williams
I've booked my dream trip to Bali through Real Gap and can honestly say I've received amazing service from them. Unfortunately due to covid-19 I've had to postpone my trip but the Elisha and the team kept me up to date with changes and help reorganise with no issues at all! I want to thank them for still working so hard throughout these hard times and I cannot wait to go to Bali, even though later than expected just means something to look forward to more!
Thank you for your review Francesca, it's really appreciated! We hope you have an amazing trip to Bali 🙌
I never wrote a review at the time so here I go. When my son was 17 I wanted to take him on an unforgettable trip. Real gap we’re amazing in helping me organise this. We went to Thailand on the elephant experience. It was so well organised from start to finish and we loved every minute . My boy will be 21 next year and I am hoping to plan a surprise trip for him and his GF I can’t think of a better / safer way for them to to travel .
Thank you so much for your lovely review! We really appreciate your kind words, and look forward to your son and his girlfriend travelling with us in the future 😊
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TRAVEL COMPANY!! I had 2 trips totalling 4 weeks in South America booked with this company and they refused to refund my deposit when I was unable to go due to covid travel restrictions. The trip was originally booked in 2019 for September 2020 and at the start of the pandemic last year I realised early on we wouldn’t be able to go so postponed it to September 2021 (at no extra cost). Fast forward a year and Brazil is still a very unsafe place to travel due to very high daily covid deaths and no vaccine roll out. Because of this (and rightly so) travel to there from the UK and Australia, where myself and my friend would be travelling from is also banned. When I contacted Real Gap in March 2021 they said that their September trips were going ahead as planned and if I wished to cancel now I would forfeit my deposit. June 2021 arrives and they contact me to said the remaining balance is now. When I questioned the safety of travelling to Brazil right now they said they it is still going ahead, they will review 30 days (which is not very long) before the trip is due to start and if THEY have to cancel due to covid we would get a refund then but if we don’t pay our remaining balance now as per terms and conditions we will lose our deposit. Alternatively we could postpone again but we have no idea when travel to those countries will be permitted or safe to do so. Also to postpone again would cost us a further £500+ as they’ve increased all their trip prices….basically trying to recover last years lost profits at our expense! As we weren’t willing to gamble with another £1620 each (the remaining balance) on top of the £550 deposit already paid and we couldn’t afford the increased prices we were left with no option but to cancel. This company has been most unsympathetic and unhelpful and I don’t not like their ethics or what they stand for so. They are basically thieves and we will never travel with this company again!!
Hi Debbie Thanks for leaving us a review and I am sorry to see that you are unhappy with the cancellation fees for your trip. I want to clarify a few points for anybody who is reading this, as whilst we do very much sympathise with your situation, we believe we have acted fairly and in line with our terms and conditions. As with all bookings made under our covid policy, if the trip is unable to go ahead then you would be entitled to a full refund. In order to be protected by this policy you do need to also stick to the terms and conditions that you agreed to at the time of booking, including paying for your trip on time. As you stated in your review, we offered you various options including date changes or waiting to see what the situation was like nearer the time of your trip and receiving a full refund if the trip didn’t go ahead. We also advised you what the cancellation fees would be should you decide to cancel the trip yourself. I can see from your emails that you refused to pay for your trip and declined to wait to see if it went ahead and also declined to change date. Instead you opted to cancel the trip yourself with full knowledge that your trip deposits would be lost. Therefore we fulfilled your request and cancelled your trip. It is a shame you didn’t want to wait and see if the trip went ahead as you would either have had an amazing experience travelling if the trip went ahead or been refunded all your money if it didn’t. However we understand that everyone has different circumstances and needs to make the right choice for themselves. We wish you all the best and hope you are able to experience South America in the future at a time that is right for you.
The booking process is super easy and email responses are super quick!
Thanks for your review! 😊
I was lucky enough to volunteer on the football coaching experience in Ghana, Accra in 2019. It was truly an unforgettable experience. I forgot to write a review when returning and began reminiscing, therefore here I am. Staying in a big hostel house and meeting loads of new faces was great, as well as coaching three football teams ranging in age and quality. Meeting coaches such as Michael Adintenji and Eben was also a highlight. Also, getting a chance to play with them was fun. I have dropped a picture below for real gap who made the whole experience easy and fun. I had the displeasure of ending up in hospital during the end of my stay due to a stomach bug, however through the support and help from Real Gap, it was made less daunting. Thank you so much for the experience and memories. It was life changing. Rory
Real Gap 5 star review on 23rd February 2021
Thank you so much for your review Rory! We're so pleased to hear you had a great time with us, and that you made so many fond memories 😁
We sadly have not been able to go on out holiday with real gap due to Covid-19 but the staff at real gap have been fantastic. They have responded to us and dealt with any of our queries quickly and friendly. Thanks you real gap and when things calm down in the work we will be rebooking
Thank you for your review Tasha, we really appreciate it! We look forward to you travelling with us soon 😊
Great communication but not pushy, lots of options to choose from and really helpful team to help decide!
Thanks for your review Lucy, we really appreciate it! 😊
Amazing customer service!
Thanks for your review Leah! We really appreciate it 😊
Great service so far from Real Gap. After having to reschedule our trip to Thailand (due to COVID 19) they were very quick to reply and sort out any changes we needed to make. Looking forward to travelling with them for our trip next year!
Thanks for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to leave them, and we are looking forward to you travelling with us next year 😊
September 2019 my 18 year old son travelled to New Zealand with the help of Real Gap Experience on a working visa. He had an absolute ball - made incredible friends, worked for 4 months, mostly in a Vineyard Restaurant and travelled across both Islands. Unfortunately due to Covid-19 this all came to a dramatic halt as the country went into lock-down. As a mum I can't express my gratitude enough to the team - in particular Matt Latimer who was constantly updating me around how we might be able to get him home - a situation which was changing by the hour. Our son is now home BUT wants to go back as soon as he can to squeeze everything he can out of his working visa! THANK YOU for giving him the courage to do it in the first place - life in England is now slightly boring!
Thank you for your review Cheryl, it is really appreciated! We're glad to have been able to help, and we hope he is able to continue his adventures in New Zealand soon!
The best place to go for inspiration about travelling in a gap year! I had no idea what I wanted to do, but came to real gap who helped me find my dream in South Africa, Kruger National Park. Plenty of information, incredible travel advice, couldn't have asked for a better company to travel with. I cannot wait for my trip!
Hi Naomi, thanks for your lovely review! 😊 We hope you have an amazing trip 🏝️
So many amazing trips & deals available! All the information is clearly available and all the reps are friendly & helpful with fast responses- I can't wait for my trip!
Thanks for your review, Megan! Hope you have an amazing trip 😁
This would be the third time I have organised a Trip with Real Gap - and every time I do volunteer work I will always go with them! Amazing! Emma helped me plan this one as part of my honeymoon!! She was an amazing help, five star service :)
Thanks so much for your lovely review Kate! We hope you have an amazing honeymoon! 🏝️😊
Exciting trips and helpful agents... Tqvm..
Thanks for your review! 😊
I’ve done 3 tours previously with Real Gap and I’ve just booked another 3! Amazing trips and always well organised before and during the trip!
Thanks for your review Rachel! We hope you have a lovely trip! 😊🏝️
Good information and easy website to navigate!!!
Thanks for your review! 😊
Emma was a fantastic travel advisor, helping me every step of the way. This is a great company to book with and I highly recommend if you’re looking to travel!
Thanks for your lovely review Sophie! 😊🏝️
I have booked tours through Real Gap three times now and I wouldn’t book through anyone else! They always answer all of my questions and worries prior to the tours which definitely fills me with confidence before going. I would highly recommend.
Hi Elizabeth! Thanks so much for your lovely review! 🏝️😊
Real gap are excellent. Used them before on a previous trip. All team members that I've spoken about different queries were very helpful at meeting my requirements. Would definitely recommend.
Hi Megan, thank you for your review! 😊
Very good
Thanks for your review! 😊
I recently went on the 25 day Thai Experience, which had the most amazing itinerary. JJ was the BEST tour guide and made the trip so memorable. He was there 24/7 for all of us and made travelling a lot safer/easier. I would definitely recommend this trip (even more so if you have JJ as a guide!!).
Hey Alisha, thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great time and that your guide was so helpful 😊
Real Gap is rated 4.66 based on 509 reviews