Real Gap Reviews

of reviewers recommend Real Gap
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Real Gap Reviews

social@realgapexp.co.uk

Real Gap Experience, Top Floor, 121-123 Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent,

Tell us how Real Gap made you happy
Real Gap 5 star review on 23rd February 2021
Rory Watkinson
Alexandra Williams
I have just finished the 25 day Thai Experience and am continuing my travels through South East Asia. I have heard that Realgap dont allow bad reviews to be posted which explains how the trip rating is so high! Heres my list of pros and cons for the trip just to summarise: Cons - Dont expect much help if you get ill during the trip. The main thing that made me want to go on the trip was the safety net of the tour guide if something were to go wrong/if you were to get ill. At the start of the trip, I got an upper respiratory tract infection and was taken to a very dodgy looking pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics... I spoke with my family and doctor back home and decided to go to hospital to get antibiotics instead as I just did not feel comfortable with the pharmacy especially with the recent cases of medication spiking. I developed sickness and diarrhoea so initially didnt take the antiobiotics as it would have been pointless. During this time I was feeling extremely ill as I couldnt eat and the tour guide did not provide any advice on what to do/any help (i am aware they arent medically trained - not even the basics - but it was just ridiculous; the lack of understanding). I left the group for a bit to relax and recover (because if you get ill on this trip, the constant moving around makes you feel so much worse) however had to go to hospital to be put on an IV - at which point the tour guide left me on my own despite me crying due to my phobia of needles, as she ‘wanted her sleep and didnt like hospitals’... -70% of the trip is spent on ferrys, busses, planes & taxis... when i originally booked the trip, the itinerary was different. It was a longer trip with more days in each location which was better! We would just get settled in a place and then boom 7am start, 8 hour ferry/coach to the next place. Bear in mind, after a day of travelling with a massive rucksack you are knackered and not up for much when you arrive at the destination so a lot of days were wasted... -we found that a lot of the hotels are well out of the way. Especially in Koh Samui; theres a choice of two hotels and unfortunately for us, our tour guide picked the one that was in the middle of nowhere (and taxis on the island arent cheap!!!). Not only that, nearly all 21 people on our trip moved out of that hostel because they didnt feel safe after a big fight in the courtyard on the first morning, not to mention the music that plays until 2am so dont expect any sleep here either after the long journey. -Bring more money than you think you need because a lot of the stuff isnt actually included. In terms of money, it would definitely be cheaper to do without an organisation. -Our tour guide said she would help us navigate our way home after the trip... we waited for her after the ferry at the bus terminal to advise us on what to do, but after multiple calls and messages, she finally replied to say she had already left without saying goodbye. Pros: - Met some amazing people and made some lifelong friends. - Most of the activities are pretty amazing! -Some of the accomodations were really nice! Although that doesnt bother me too much as I will be backpacking in very cheap hostels for the majority of my travels. -Thailand itself is an amazing place, my personal favourites were Koh Tao and Koh Phi Phi. -You get to visit many different parts of Thailand which is amazing, would just be nicer if you could stay there longer inbetween the long days of travelling. -In the hospital it was useful having someone who spoke Thai however I was not always informed of the conversations that had happened which was a bit frustrating. Every experience will be different for each person but I can safely say that I was quite disappointed by the trip. But as I mentioned, im so grateful for the amazing friends i have made & the great experiences but i will not be using Real Gap again.
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views with us. I am sorry that you became ill whilst you were on your travels - we've all be there, and I know it's not fun to feel sick when you're away. We were aware of your health issues whilst on the trip and as you know were were in touch with both you and the guide whilst you were ill to make sure that you were okay, and to offer any support we could. Thailand is a big country and therefore does involve some long journeys. This is a fast paced, action packed trip designed to fit in all the highlights, however we take your feedback on board about there being some long days in the itinerary. Whilst we do usually get excellent feedback about our guides, I'm sorry that your guide did not meet expectations on this occasion. We have passed on your comments to the local team for review. I'm really pleased that there were also many positive aspects of your trip, and that you loved experiencing the different parts of Thailand and the activities on this trip. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.
Real Gap were very helpful in booking my trip. They pretty much had everything in place for me so all I had to worry about was getting to the airport! Any questions I had were answered immediately and I was told any important information regarding the trip right away. I would have no hesitation in booking with Real Gap again and would strongly recommend others to do so.
Wow thanks for your kind words James! We're so pleased that booking with us took the stress out of your travels. Please let us know when it's time for your next adventure and we'll be happy to help :)
Really good telephone advice! Friendly reps as well. A little more contact would be better between the actual tour provider and real gap but generally really good, comperehensive information and nice people to talk to if needed!
Thanks for your review - we'll make sure your comments are passed on to the team!
Real gap offers a really well planed tour. It is really safe and you do not have to think about anything else apart from enjoying. The only thing I didnt expect is that I am 27 and my partner 30 and everybody was 18-20 years old. and I would of prefer if they were more my age.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed the trip and felt safe while you were away. Thanks for your feedback. Our trips are primarily aimed at 18-30 year olds although the age of travellers can vary from trip to trip :)
It was very easy to book. It was quick as well. I liked that it had the option to add I was travelling with a friend Rather than emailing after to say I had booked with a friend
Thanks for your review Charlotte!
Couldn't be more helpful if they tried. Nothing for these guys is too much to ask! Excellent customer service :)
Thanks for your review - that's great to hear!
Great. Responsive staff and gave clear helpful information to make the booking as easy and quick as possible.
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it! 🙌
I found it very easy to book with real gap as they provide lots of information before hand and seemed very easy to trust with the communication they provide if you have any questions. Many other websites felt like a bit of a scam. Both Emma and Katie have been very helpful, will definitely recommend to any friends who want an organised travel experience.
Hi Arabella! Thank you for your review. We're glad you found the booking experience easy and that our team were able to help you plan your travels. We hope you have an amazing trip! 😊
Very easy to do and Katie has been really helpful. Had all my questions answered.
Thanks for your review - we'll pass it on to Katie :)
Very easy to deal with. quick replying to emails and were always very informative
Thanks for your review!
Overall, realgar experience was everything i hoped it to be. Unfortunately, I was submitted into hospital halfway through my trip. However, up to that point i was having the time of my life. With realgar you get enough freedom to do your own thing but also have the helpfulness of a tour guide to be with you on excursion days. I would most definitely go with realgap again. The only thing I was slightly disheartened about was the 'hidden extras'. For example, we went to Bangkok's sky rise hotel and a show to see the ladyboys which was about £50 each, but some people from the group googled prices and it was about almost half what we payed. When I was in the hospital realgap had emailed me and sent another tour guide to sit with me. The only other thing I would say is because whilst i was in hospital my group took a trip 12 hours down South, realgap did not offer me a way to go and meet with them once discharged so instead i got a flight home.
Hey Kiera. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Thailand and sorry that you were unwell whilst you were out there. We're always on hand to help in those situations and are glad that you found our correspondence and the extra guide who was sent to accompany you at the hospital helpful. We did offer to assist you to either rejoin the tour or fly home once you were discharged and we're glad that you are now feeling much better :) If you'd like to go back to Thailand (or somewhere else!) in the future, just let us know and we'll be happy to help.
I have asked many questions on a Saturday when they are closed and they have all been answered helpfully by 9:30 Monday morning!
Thanks for your review Ellen - we're always happy to help!
Great service
Thank you! 🎉
Emma is really helpful, and the booking process is so easy!
Thanks for your review!
Very good communication between customers and themselves. Easy booking and plenty of information available to customers before and after booking.
Thanks for your review! :)
Real Gap is a great travel company which provided lots of great tours to choose from. Once I finally managed to choose one to book onto they provided lots of useful pre-departure information. If I ever needed to contact them I always would receive a quick response. I would definitely recommend this company to other travelers.
Thanks for your feedback Claire. Let us know when it's time for your next adventure and we'll be happy to help!
Really helpful when booking!
Thanks Laura :)
Booking with real Gap was really simply they are helpful with any questions you may have and also reply quickly to emails. They make sure you are completely satisfied with everything.
Thanks for your review Sophie!
All my worries about me travelling had been answered when I discovered Real Gap
Thanks for your review Ben. We're glad to have been a help!
Really easy to book, and got confirmation super quickly!
Thanks for getting in touch and for your great feedback :)
Real Gap is rated 4.66 based on 509 reviews