Real Gap Experience Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Real Gap Experience

info@realgap.co.uk

Real Gap Experience, Top Floor, 121-123 Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent,

How would you rate Real Gap Experience?

Emily Hawkins
Emily Hawkins
Verified Buyer

This, for my boyfriend and I, was the trip of a lifetime. And in our opinion, it was made by our wonderful tour guide, Off. He was very informative, he was incredibly likeable and friendly, he didn't hesitate to help us in anyway needed and he was just a brilliant friend to us!
We also went to some beautiful places. Koh Tao was definitely our favourite place, and will always be very special to us. As well as the AMAZING 4x4 adventure in Koh Samui, we took the attached picture on that tour.
Tara Brooks
Tara Brooks

By doing things I never thought I would ever do
Danielle Payne
Danielle Payne
Verified Buyer

We had an absolutely amazing time, Topdeck made our trip incredible. Our tour guide Anthony and driver DJ were the best. Couldn't have had a better time!! Such an incredible country- I will definitely come back again one day. The intinery was perfect, we saw so much and was wonderfully adapted around the cyclone. We were extremely happy with how it was dealt with. Thank you so much, can't recommend enough!!!
Megan Abbott
Verified Buyer

Perfect if you want to travel with no one to go with! Worth every penny
Nicole Blachowiak
Verified Buyer

Everything was great met amazing people loved every minute!!
Verified Buyer

The trip allowed me to meet an amazing group of people while seeing some amazing places.
Catherine Shirley
Verified Buyer

Beth was a great group leader, and as a solo traveller I felt it was very easily to assimilate into the group and have a good time. The activities were very enjoyable! Only critique I would give is to perhaps pick slightly less expensive meal choices some days, other than that it was a great trip!
Verified Buyer

When I was looking into the trip and enquiring, every staff member was extremely helpful and made sure that I was booking onto a trip that matched the kind of experience I was looking to have.
Verified Buyer

Met people from all over the world who shared the same values and vision as I did.
Natalie King
Verified Buyer

incredible experience, amazing working holiday. got to see so much of africa whilst working closely with all the various animals. surfing and quad bikes were definately a highlight.
Verified Buyer

Our tour guide was lovely and very helpful. The places we visited was definitely worth the visit, especially the volunteering side although I found that the volunteering wasn't long enough, I wished we spent more time teaching the children as well as building the house for the family.

However, I found that most of the trip was spent on buses, which is a waste. When half the group was leaving, everyone travelled back to Phenom Penh from Kampot just to travel to Sihanoukville the following day, which to the people who continued on, was a waste of day.

I would recommend this trip to travellers who are unsure of travelling by themselves, because you will be with a group of people who are in the same situation as you but everything have been planned out for you. However, if you do find it difficult to get along with everyone or quite introverted, like myself, I would look into travelling solo because I enjoyed that more than being in a group, in my personal opinion.
Theodora Xeni
Verified Buyer

The staff assistance was amazing. They were always by my side to make sure I understood everything to my satisfaction. Same applies for the staff after my program had started.

Also, the information and documentation I was given made me feel comfortable and aware on what to expect.
Stallon Moni
Verified Buyer

Created a new path for me to follow.
Charlotte Kean
Verified Buyer

The activities and Pentor our guide were both great. Highlights included the Erawan falls, the bridge on the river Kwai (which should be included in the trip itinerary), and relaxing on the islands with a standout being the snorkelling day trip. There was a great range of activities although a lot of us from my group felt too long was spent in Sangkhlaburi.

Natalie Fereday
Verified Buyer

Best experience of my life
Rory Eaves
Reviewer

They were brilliant, they were helpful and attentive, and the trip was just incredible
Rory Eaves
Verified Buyer

The team were attentive before I left, they were attentive in Thailand - the opportunities that I had were some that I would never have had without this trip. My group were incredible, we all got on like a house on fire. I couldn't rate this trip any higher, I loved every second, and cat wait to use real gap again
Callum White
Verified Buyer

Very well organised trip and overall very happy. Food very cheap, and most of the guides very very good. Watching the sunset on out own private section of the Great Wall was incredible.

Only thing that I would criticise is that there are hardly any included activities, almost everything is optional and costs money, so be aware of this.

Also there was a lot of public transport at times when I don't think it would be that much more expensive to get private transport.

Other than that, very pleased with the China trip. 4/5 stars
Thomas Smith
Verified Buyer

Great locations, awesome group leader.
Stuart Lindsay
Verified Buyer

Tour guide, "Off", was good and helped us any time we needed help. Hotels were good apart from the Green House place in Bangkok.
Off helped everyone with everything he could.
The length of time in Koh Tao is too long and so is the time in Koh Phangan. 2 nights in both of them would be plenty
Rebecca Waring
Verified Buyer

The Real Gap Experience trip was fantastic and as a first time traveler has given me my buzz. Will definitely be booking again
Verified Buyer

Everyone in my group was really friendly and we had good fun and got to do some interesting things however I feel the trip was a complete rip off as we were staying in hostels that cost a pound or £2.50 a night and some people had to share beds and we also had to share rooms with the tour guides. My main disappointment and reason I booked this trip was that an English speaking guide who would be clearly marked as real gap would meet me at the airport and drive me to the hostel but they did not instead there was a man in plain clothes who did not speak English and was not clearly marked he drove me to the hostel and did not speak a word once we arrived at the street the hostel was on he pointed tossed me my bags and left. This trip was not good value for money. Also no helmets where provided when we rode bikes on multiple lane dangerous main roads and the inteneriary was also drastically changed from the originally one that was sent to me. There was also too much travelling involved on this trip that was not private transport instead of overcrowded night buses planes should have been used. I'm disappointed in real gap as I believe they faulsly advertised this trip.
Hi there!

Thank you for getting in touch and sharing your feedback.

We're disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy some aspects of your trip.

It's really important to us that all of our travellers have a great time away so we would like to investigate this further. We don't seem to have heard from you via email so please can you send some more details to us at info@realgapexp.co.uk and we will look into your comments.

We're pleased to hear that you got on well with your group and got to see some interesting things in the country you visited.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards