Purplebricks Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Purplebricks

How would you rate Purplebricks ?

Jeremy Lovelock
Verified Reviewer
"Where do I start?!? They trap you straight away, either pay up front (with no refunds whether they sell or not) or pay later but be trapped into using their overpriced solicitor. Property was on the market for two weeks before I noticed the ‘estate agent’ hadn't set the property up properly so it wasn’t coming up in potential buyers searches. The property was on for several weeks and we only had one viewing from a person who was not in a suitable situation to buy our property, we then put our property on with a local estate agent, five viewings in a week and sold at full asking price with the local agent. I think it is unfair I have now had to pay two lots of estate agent fees as PurpleBricks did nothing but have had no response from them when I tried to raise the issue. It’s very telling that for an online company it is very hard to find reviews on them (I.e. no google reviews), they obviously know the kind of service they offer. I have spoke to a few people related to the property market since and they have all said to never use PurpleBricks."
"Extremely poor service overall - the advert was incorrect and the pictures were poorly done Sent email(s) that were never replied to No contact from PB for weeks on end Not at all the service level I was sold but it would appear once you have paid their interest disappears Several months later property still not sold and now going with a local agent"
"The bridal ad has totally put me off using them. What rubbish, i hope they didn't pay any money for it, if they did...just goes too show what a company it is."
Julia Barnes
Verified Reviewer
"Despite what tv ad says it is totally online - it was impossible to get hold of agent other than via the web site - he didn't even have an answerphone on his mobile. Opted for deferred payment so had to use their solicitors who were totally disinterested. Rec'd an offer and after 4 months no sign of a date for exchange of contracts even with no chain on either side. Just didn't bother chasing up responses from buyers solictor and took up to 8 days to send me the replies/further questions. 6 months on and sale has just fallen through so on an empty property I have had 6 months of mortgage payments/council tax and utility bills all for nothing and now I have to start again. When I told agent I was going with someone else he was totally disinterested, afer all I have to pay fee anyway so what does he care!"
"Like most people I checked a review site . Trust pilot !! All these reviews are fake . A review goes on there every 20 mins and is misleading for us . I got sucked into to paying the 1100 quid and still. It sold my home . Took it off the market and went to put it back and I was told to pay another £1100 !! Trust pilot needs to sort this out as I don't believe they have sold over 44000 houses in 4 years . Beware of PB"
"Our contact with purple bricks was very good. Harriet Lamb was very thorough and informative and resulted in getting a sale on the second viewing. Would definitely recommend"
"Currently buying a house and the vendor has used Purple Bricks. Firstly the 'property expert' (I use that term loosely and sarcastically!) tried to DEMAND our mortgage details & proof of deposit without even telling us if our offer had been accepted. Then when I refused he got short with me and tried to argue. I have bought houses before so am not clueless thanks. Every time they call and I try to call back I can never get through, the 'team' are always busy.....not really a big enough team then is it. Already dreading the process and only bought the house today lol...."
"Steer clear at all costs"
"Would be a minus if I could , agent does a hard sell flaunting all reviews on trust pilot , then when I cancel in cooking off period (which she would not confirm I had one ) become quite rude , . I came home and they had still put a for sale board up without my consent . Going through a solicitor now as they also sold my details to other companies . Getting lots of rubbish though the door saying my house is on the market . But it never got LIVe !!! Can only have been from PB . Stay clear and stick with a local estate agent ."
"Sorry but these aren’t estate agents take no notice of the annoying ad, nothing but problems over and over again, first agent on signing up had left and didn’t inform us until I text him weeks later, passed over to another guy who kept telling “me” to chase up solicitors and buyer. Didn’t pay upfront and told had to use their solicitor services, £450 more than a high street conveyance firm. Photos are paid extras, as is the accompanied viewings, So yes, Gareth is right, that’s a huge commission for online solicitors"
Deb
"Mis-sold us our property. Advertised as a 4 bedroomed and should have only been advertised as a 2 bedroom as the 2 bedrooms upstairs had never been through building regulations and were not fit or strong enough to be classed as bedrooms."
"Awful. Couldn't book a viewing over the phone, had to do it through their website and the website kept crashing. Couldn't get hold of them. Wouldn't recommend"
"One can bid, get the offer accepted and then rejected if a higher bidder appears. Conversely, one can put a really high offer, get other prospective buyers out and then never finalise the transaction. Good?"
"Not to be trusted I got an offer accepted on a home in Edinburgh. An agent of Purplebricks called me to let me know that my offer was successful and instructed me on how to proceed to finalise the purchase. However, the following day they contacted me to tell me that a higher offer had been received and mine was rejected. They also tried to canvass me for an increase in my bid. The home was finally sold to another buyer. I find this behaviour utterly unethical and border-line on delictive."
"Complete Con, took my money and then were never to be seen or heard from. Found a buyer with no mortgage and to find out he didn't even sell his home, made me lose my purchase also. They have no place in dealing with our most prized asset. I now realize why you don't buy your wedding suit from Primark."
"A total waste of time. Anyone can make up an account using totally fake details and start booking viewings and making offers in less than two minutes. Purple Bricks carry out absolutely no verification of the people making offers and booking viewings other than an email account ! I could set up a totally fake account and put an offer in on a property quicker than it took me to write this review, I actually did using one of Purple Bricks staff's details to prove to them how flawed their system is which they didn't like very much ! The local property expert assigned to me was not even listed as working for Purple Bricks ! As Purple Bricks failed to provide a service they intended to charge for to an acceptable standard they did not paid a penny."
Justine Valentine
Verified Reviewer
"Ive just had an email from Paul Vickerstaff, paul.vickerstaff@purplebricks.com somebody terribly busy and professional and high up in the estate agents Purplebricks! He informs me that I'm a bit of a silly billy as it's perfectly acceptable and inline with their company's practise for Natalie Alves - sales rep - to text me at 10.45pm Sunday evenings when I'm inbed asleep. And for her not turn up to showings she has booked, even though I paid for her to carry out that service. It's also perfectly fine for her not check out whether the 'buyers' had a mortgage in place (they didn't). Also it's fine to show my 'buyers' around other properties the week we were supposed to be completing and not mention it to us, as she didn't want to 'stress us out' (us being the paying customers and all), and its okay for her to rock up to meet me in her pjyamas and always be on the phone to her bloody husband when I did eventually get to meet her in person!!!!! So here I am feeling a bit foolish as I had completely the wrong expectations of a company who were entrusted with selling my most expensive asset. I publicly apologise to Purplebricks for my ridiculous idea that your sales professional would communicate with me regularly and within socially acceptable hours. I'm sorry I trusted you to check out the mortgage the buyers were supposed to have in place. I realise I was outrageous when I expected you to turn up to all the viewings I'd paid you to do. How could I not see it's fine for your sales team to turn up in their pj's - who needs to get dressed these days? And yes, I should have realised that the blame was all mine if I dared to question your companies ethics or professional behaviours. Sorry for my inexplicably high expectations Purplebricks. You hang on to my money, you deserve it. What would I need with it? I'm just a working single mum with a boy to house and feed and clothe..."
Barbara Pennington.
Verified Reviewer
"I haveJust sold my property after only 7 days on the market for full asking price 130.000. Karon Beighton from Purple Bricks was brilliant and made it feel stress free, Explained the process and helped and advised with a quick sale as i requested."
Alan Mcleod
"Excellent service."
"First class service from Purplebricks (Ross Walker).All aspects of house sale were explained and handled expertly.Ross could not have been any more helpful with all our queries."
Purplebricks is rated 2.39 based on 36 reviews