Purplebricks Reviews

Purplebricks have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

29% of reviewers recommend Purplebricks

How would you rate Purplebricks ?

"I would rate this 0 if it would allow me. DO NOT USE PURPLE BRICKS FOR RENTAL PROPERTY. ALL SALES GUY, GIFT OF THE GAB BUT COMPANY CAN NOT DELIVERY. Used purple bricks to manage our rental property. Initial start was good, they sold the service well. We got plenty of viewings and secured a tenent within a couple of months but we soon realise this company know nothing about rental management and became very disappointed with the service. They advised us over the phone that the tenants they had secured where both currently living in hmos, but when it came to the application neither tennent proved references. We questioned this with the agent, who advised they didn't need references as they lived with parents. Our gut instint told us something was off and we wish we had taken this further or declined the application. We ended up with tenants that did not pay rent on time, and didn't pay the last 3 months at all and vacated the property, leaving it a mess. One tennent was also smoking and dealing canabis from the property. Purple bricks are extremely poor at management and I can not stress this enough. For example, the tenants had damaged a window hinge which needed replacing. They contacted purple bricks who told the tenents to contact us as they know we had a contractor we used. We expected purple bricks to manage the property and expected them to arrange contractors, not to pass the issue to us. After all it was what we was paying them for. We felt like we was actually paying them to sit back and do nothing. When the tenants 6 months contract was due to end we received a call from the agent asking if we would like to extend this for another 6 months. The tenants lived in a flat above our property (due to full time jobs and a family to look after it made life easier paying someone else to manage) and wasn't happy with the late rent and drug dealing so we advised we would not be extending the contract. As the due date was close to Christmas we agreed to allow the tenants to stay another 2 months. Few days before the agreed move out day we contacted the agents to check every thing was set but the tenants advised they had not been given any notice. We was unable to check this as the person who we believed had provided the notice had left the company. So we had to wait another 2 months before we could get rid of the tenents. Move out day and tenants did not turn up for key handover and move out inspection. Due to the state of the property and 3 months missing rent, the the deposit was to be kept. They processed the request for the deposit and advised us it would take a couple of weeks to hit our bank. As the date passed we contacted purple bricks to find out what was going on. Again we was advised the person managing the deposite requested had left the company and they would look into it and get back to us. As time went on we called back several times just to get through to a number that had been disconnected, voice mails, no answer or advised some one would call us back. This went on 3 months, no one was able to help, no notes on system ,serveal people dealing with this issue leaving company and very poor management. We decided to contact the deposit company ourselves but they didn't have record of this. We called back purple bricks and demanded to speck to the manager. He advised that our region was actually being managed but a 3rd party who purple bricked had recently stopped using and was unable to access records. This was also the reason people managing us no longer worked for the company. At the end of the day we where paying purple bricks to manage the property and if they had been upfront with us it might not of been so frustrating. Few days later the money appeared in our account. No call back to advise it had been sorted and no apology. I WOULD URGE ANYONE THINKING OF USING PURPLE BRICKS ESPECIALLY FOR MANAGING RENTAL TO STAY AWAY."
"All in all it is not a cheaper option if you do not pay the selling fee up front as you are then tied into using there conveyancing solicitors who are rude, expensive and slow. So if you want a thorough solicitor either pay the selling fee up front or use a reputable high street agent. Very much a hard sell to get you to go with them."
"Booked an evaluation with a Justin Dibben. The appointment was for midday. However he arrived over an hour early when my daughters were at home. He then entered the property rush around, only looking at a couple of room - after 2 minutes of looking less than disinterested left! When I contacted him to inform him that I was unhappy about his practice as at the least he should have contacted to ask if he could come earlier. Justin level of a arrogants was shocking as he could no see any issue with his practice - what is the point of making an appointment if they will turn up whenever they want, without any notice. It also states that the appointment will be an hour, so how he believes he can make an evaluation in a matter of minutes without even looking at the rooms or speaking to me is at best a poor joke - shocking would not every five consideration to using this company"
"So easy to use!"
"Terrible experience with Purple Bricks from start to finish. The house I have recently purchased was being sold by Purple Bricks and unfortunately the owners also used their conveyancing services. It was so bad that some staff weren't aware of the completion date and that I was selling my house therefore in a chain. Communication was dreadful and no one seemed to know what anyone else was doing. Be warned - if you get a cheap conveyancing/solicitor deal you get what you pay for!! I was very close to losing my buyer due to the apalling Purple Bricks conveyancing team."
"TERRIBLE COMPANY, THREE TIMES DIDNT TURN UP FOR VIEWING AND DIDNT BOTHER TO CALL ME TO LET.ME KNOW. COWBOY OUTFIT"
"Dreadful company it took 19 days to turn up with a FOR Sale board when they did it was to late as far as I was concerned and asked for a refund minus any reasonable costs that I had paid in advance £849 to them this was refused the relationship has broken down with the local agent. I have had lots of communication with this company with promises that a manager would be in touch this never happens and to add insult to injury I withdrew my property as I did not want a company like this handling my property on the withdrawal page in red lettering informing me that I had deferred payment and that they had my credit card details and they would take payment when in fact I had paid. DREADFUL COMPANY it looks as though I will have to take advice on getting my money back"
"Simply terrible - I can comment forever, but want to make each review different and simple. One phrase - AVOID - USE AT YOUR OWN PERIL - These people do not understand the concept of customer service."
"Where do I start?!? They trap you straight away, either pay up front (with no refunds whether they sell or not) or pay later but be trapped into using their overpriced solicitor. Property was on the market for two weeks before I noticed the ‘estate agent’ hadn't set the property up properly so it wasn’t coming up in potential buyers searches. The property was on for several weeks and we only had one viewing from a person who was not in a suitable situation to buy our property, we then put our property on with a local estate agent, five viewings in a week and sold at full asking price with the local agent. I think it is unfair I have now had to pay two lots of estate agent fees as PurpleBricks did nothing but have had no response from them when I tried to raise the issue. It’s very telling that for an online company it is very hard to find reviews on them (I.e. no google reviews), they obviously know the kind of service they offer. I have spoke to a few people related to the property market since and they have all said to never use PurpleBricks."
"Extremely poor service overall - the advert was incorrect and the pictures were poorly done Sent email(s) that were never replied to No contact from PB for weeks on end Not at all the service level I was sold but it would appear once you have paid their interest disappears Several months later property still not sold and now going with a local agent"
"The bridal ad has totally put me off using them. What rubbish, i hope they didn't pay any money for it, if they did...just goes too show what a company it is."
"Despite what tv ad says it is totally online - it was impossible to get hold of agent other than via the web site - he didn't even have an answerphone on his mobile. Opted for deferred payment so had to use their solicitors who were totally disinterested. Rec'd an offer and after 4 months no sign of a date for exchange of contracts even with no chain on either side. Just didn't bother chasing up responses from buyers solictor and took up to 8 days to send me the replies/further questions. 6 months on and sale has just fallen through so on an empty property I have had 6 months of mortgage payments/council tax and utility bills all for nothing and now I have to start again. When I told agent I was going with someone else he was totally disinterested, afer all I have to pay fee anyway so what does he care!"
"Like most people I checked a review site . Trust pilot !! All these reviews are fake . A review goes on there every 20 mins and is misleading for us . I got sucked into to paying the 1100 quid and still. It sold my home . Took it off the market and went to put it back and I was told to pay another £1100 !! Trust pilot needs to sort this out as I don't believe they have sold over 44000 houses in 4 years . Beware of PB"
"Our contact with purple bricks was very good. Harriet Lamb was very thorough and informative and resulted in getting a sale on the second viewing. Would definitely recommend"
"Currently buying a house and the vendor has used Purple Bricks. Firstly the 'property expert' (I use that term loosely and sarcastically!) tried to DEMAND our mortgage details & proof of deposit without even telling us if our offer had been accepted. Then when I refused he got short with me and tried to argue. I have bought houses before so am not clueless thanks. Every time they call and I try to call back I can never get through, the 'team' are always busy.....not really a big enough team then is it. Already dreading the process and only bought the house today lol...."
"Steer clear at all costs"
"Would be a minus if I could , agent does a hard sell flaunting all reviews on trust pilot , then when I cancel in cooking off period (which she would not confirm I had one ) become quite rude , . I came home and they had still put a for sale board up without my consent . Going through a solicitor now as they also sold my details to other companies . Getting lots of rubbish though the door saying my house is on the market . But it never got LIVe !!! Can only have been from PB . Stay clear and stick with a local estate agent ."
"Sorry but these aren’t estate agents take no notice of the annoying ad, nothing but problems over and over again, first agent on signing up had left and didn’t inform us until I text him weeks later, passed over to another guy who kept telling “me” to chase up solicitors and buyer. Didn’t pay upfront and told had to use their solicitor services, £450 more than a high street conveyance firm. Photos are paid extras, as is the accompanied viewings, So yes, Gareth is right, that’s a huge commission for online solicitors"
"Richard Evans - useless"
Deb
"Mis-sold us our property. Advertised as a 4 bedroomed and should have only been advertised as a 2 bedroom as the 2 bedrooms upstairs had never been through building regulations and were not fit or strong enough to be classed as bedrooms."
Purplebricks is rated 2.20 based on 45 reviews