Purplebricks Reviews

41% of reviewers recommend Purplebricks

How would you rate Purplebricks?

27 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Graham T

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Purplebricks in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Sorry but these aren’t estate agents take no notice of the annoying ad, nothing but problems over and over again, first agent on signing up had left and didn’t inform us until I text him weeks later, passed over to another guy who kept telling “me” to chase up solicitors and buyer. Didn’t pay upfront and told had to use their solicitor services, £450 more than a high street conveyance firm. Photos are paid extras, as is the accompanied viewings, So yes, Gareth is right, that’s a huge commission for online solicitors"
Deb
"Mis-sold us our property. Advertised as a 4 bedroomed and should have only been advertised as a 2 bedroom as the 2 bedrooms upstairs had never been through building regulations and were not fit or strong enough to be classed as bedrooms."
"Awful. Couldn't book a viewing over the phone, had to do it through their website and the website kept crashing. Couldn't get hold of them. Wouldn't recommend"
"One can bid, get the offer accepted and then rejected if a higher bidder appears. Conversely, one can put a really high offer, get other prospective buyers out and then never finalise the transaction. Good?"
"Not to be trusted I got an offer accepted on a home in Edinburgh. An agent of Purplebricks called me to let me know that my offer was successful and instructed me on how to proceed to finalise the purchase. However, the following day they contacted me to tell me that a higher offer had been received and mine was rejected. They also tried to canvass me for an increase in my bid. The home was finally sold to another buyer. I find this behaviour utterly unethical and border-line on delictive."
"Complete Con, took my money and then were never to be seen or heard from. Found a buyer with no mortgage and to find out he didn't even sell his home, made me lose my purchase also. They have no place in dealing with our most prized asset. I now realize why you don't buy your wedding suit from Primark."
"A total waste of time. Anyone can make up an account using totally fake details and start booking viewings and making offers in less than two minutes. Purple Bricks carry out absolutely no verification of the people making offers and booking viewings other than an email account ! I could set up a totally fake account and put an offer in on a property quicker than it took me to write this review, I actually did using one of Purple Bricks staff's details to prove to them how flawed their system is which they didn't like very much ! The local property expert assigned to me was not even listed as working for Purple Bricks ! As Purple Bricks failed to provide a service they intended to charge for to an acceptable standard they did not paid a penny."
Justine Valentine
Verified Reviewer
"Ive just had an email from Paul Vickerstaff, paul.vickerstaff@purplebricks.com somebody terribly busy and professional and high up in the estate agents Purplebricks! He informs me that I'm a bit of a silly billy as it's perfectly acceptable and inline with their company's practise for Natalie Alves - sales rep - to text me at 10.45pm Sunday evenings when I'm inbed asleep. And for her not turn up to showings she has booked, even though I paid for her to carry out that service. It's also perfectly fine for her not check out whether the 'buyers' had a mortgage in place (they didn't). Also it's fine to show my 'buyers' around other properties the week we were supposed to be completing and not mention it to us, as she didn't want to 'stress us out' (us being the paying customers and all), and its okay for her to rock up to meet me in her pjyamas and always be on the phone to her bloody husband when I did eventually get to meet her in person!!!!! So here I am feeling a bit foolish as I had completely the wrong expectations of a company who were entrusted with selling my most expensive asset. I publicly apologise to Purplebricks for my ridiculous idea that your sales professional would communicate with me regularly and within socially acceptable hours. I'm sorry I trusted you to check out the mortgage the buyers were supposed to have in place. I realise I was outrageous when I expected you to turn up to all the viewings I'd paid you to do. How could I not see it's fine for your sales team to turn up in their pj's - who needs to get dressed these days? And yes, I should have realised that the blame was all mine if I dared to question your companies ethics or professional behaviours. Sorry for my inexplicably high expectations Purplebricks. You hang on to my money, you deserve it. What would I need with it? I'm just a working single mum with a boy to house and feed and clothe..."
Barbara Pennington.
Verified Reviewer
"I haveJust sold my property after only 7 days on the market for full asking price 130.000. Karon Beighton from Purple Bricks was brilliant and made it feel stress free, Explained the process and helped and advised with a quick sale as i requested."
Alan Mcleod
"Excellent service."
"First class service from Purplebricks (Ross Walker).All aspects of house sale were explained and handled expertly.Ross could not have been any more helpful with all our queries."
"I don't like being bombarded with hard sell call centre when all I want is to view a property"
Lynn Clements
Unverified Reviewer
"Disgraceful service would not recommend them to anyone just after you're money"
"Local property expert David Board was very helpful and supportive. Contactable at all times and steered us through the process."
Julie Kirbyshaw
Unverified Reviewer
"Had a very pleasant negociator assigned David Board. Very helpful contactable at all times."
Andrew Henderson
Unverified Reviewer
"Amy Matthewman came to my address 2 Didcot Close Redcar to give my house a valuation. The service she provided was very professionally and methodical in every way. She explained everything in great detail and was very honest in her approach to potentially putting my house up with Purple bricks. She covered every aspect in selling my house and left me in no doubt putting my house up for sale with Purple bricks would be a very wise option."
Luke
"It was a nightmare."
Luke
"They found me a house."
"All very straightforward booking viewing but got even better when we met your representative Mr Bryan Tyler. He made us feel completely at ease and his careful manner and friendly manner dealing with both ourselves and the owner of the property stood out. Think you should realise how lucky you are to have him on your team."
Mr & Mrs Rennie, Burntisland
Unverified Reviewer
"From the moment we met Ross Walker, our local property expert, his positive attitude gave us the confidence to put our home on the market. Ross's presentation of our home (photographs and description) was excellent. He was also available at any time for any questions we had. Now four weeks later we are a very happy couple."
Purplebricks is rated 2.74 based on 27 reviews