Purplebricks Reviews

Purplebricks have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

27% of reviewers recommend Purplebricks
9PM
9PM

How would you rate Purplebricks ?

"AVOID! We have been on the market for 7 months now and we have had 1 viewing!!! It is an absolute JOKE! They "support" you through the cooling off period (first 14 days) and then that it is!!! you dont hear from them!! the only thing i get when i call to chase is " the market is really quiet" or " you need to reduce your price" !!! I have already reduced twice, and if i reduce again it will go below the lowest end of THEIR VALUATION!!! It has caused us so much stress and we have also lost 3 houses that we wanted to buy!! VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING !! ! AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"Just awful contacted them, then we heard nothing."
"Just didn’t want to know when we contacted them so we chose someone else"
"We just listed our home with Brenda Bowlin in the Phoenix, AZ area and have been very impressed from the beginning. Her initial presentation was the best of the 3 agents we interviewed (and the $3600 flat rate commission on the seller side was by far the lowest). We just got the photos back for the listing and the photographs are beautiful. I have really liked the entire process thus far and feel like no expense has been spared in presenting our house. Brenda is easy to get a hold of and is very responsive."
"We have found Purplebricks very helpful and efficient throughout the selling process, particularly our dedicated advisor Mandy Cook who has been very proactive and supportive. We would certainly recommend Purplebricks to others."
"his is the worst company on the planet. DO NOT ASK FOR THEIR SERVICES! The company is built on FALSE ADVERTISMENT and filled with incompetent staff who do not care about the sale of your property. They only want your money and will then leave you property to rot at the bottom of the pile on rightmove. They will make no efforts to keep you up to date on the progress of your property, they will not market your property in the correct way and they will take absolute horrendous photos of home. They have caused me and my partner nothing but stress throughout the whole process and somehow have the audacity to say that if we want to withdraw our property from their services we must still pay £800! Let me tell you now they have done nothing to deserve any form of payment. I refused to pay this money for you simply to putting our property on rightmove. If you anyone is wanting to sell their property anytime soon, AVOID Purple Bricks like the plague!!!"
"This is the worst company on the planet. DO NOT ASK FOR THEIR SERVICES! The company is built on FALSE ADVERTISMENT and filled with incompetent staff who do not care about the sale of your property. They only want your money and will then leave you property to rot at the bottom of the pile on rightmove. They will make no efforts to keep you up to date on the progress of your property, they will not market your property in the correct way and they will take absolute horrendous photos of home. They have caused me and my partner nothing but stress throughout the whole process and somehow have the audacity to say that if we want to withdraw our property from their services we must still pay £800! Let me tell you now they have done nothing to deserve any form of payment. I refused to pay this money for you simply to putting our property on rightmove. If you anyone is wanting to sell their property anytime soon, AVOID Purple Bricks like the plague!!!"
"I had my house for sale with a high street Estate Agent. A had a buyer whose property is on the market with PurpleBriks. After a couple of months my buyer sale fell through as their buyer couldn't get a mortgage. And this happened twice and Purplebricks did not check if the alleged buyer had at least a mortgage in principle! They just took for granted the offer, marked the property SSTC, then just waited without checking anything! They are honestly waste of time and money! You think you save money but in fact you waste money and time! Think twice before sign a contract with them! They charge little but that '' little'' you will lose if you want to change the Agent, as Purplebricks do not practice ''no sale no fee'' ."
"Been doing some inspections for VENMORE LIVERPOOL- OWNED AND OPERATED BY PURPLEBRICKS. Please consider the small businesses they don't pay on time, are very unresponsive to emails about unpaid invoices and mess small businesses around nearly 2 weeks after payment is due. I was promised and had a payment confirmed by JULIE CURRAN AND ALEX HUDSAN at PURPLE BRICKS LIVERPOOL (know locally as VENMORE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT) in Friday 21/09/2018 but still not received payment by today. Finally after numerous attempts to contact them, at 5pm today I received an email from the accountant ALEX HUDSON who has now said she will confirm some further details and contact us back tomorrow. SHOULD THIS HAPPEN AFTER 6 WEEKS OF SENDING THE 1ST INVOICE TO THE AREA MANAGER JULIE CURRAN. IS THIS THE WAY SMALL CONTRACTORS SHOULD BE TREATED BY PURPLEBRICKS? I have all evidence of there emails being received and opened etc and I believe they are just messing me about. By Friday all emails, contracts and supporting evidence will be made available via a blog, our own website and social medial channels to make people aware of the problems small businesses have getting paid."
"Every business is only as good as the people who work within that business and I must say Miss Anne-Marie Edwards who is Purpebricks agent in the Blackpool Fylde area is absolutely brilliant, Professional, effective, fast and a really nice person. Thanks Anne-Marie job well done."
"Went through the sales process with them which was great. Simon and Anthea were super helpful and great to work with. Post-sale however PB are a nightmare! They provide a reactive service which means you will need to phone them in order for them to phone buyers solicitors to get an update. If they don't get an update they don't call you back to let you know. There is zero proactivity and even the post-sale support team confirm that they do not provide a proactive service. Unfortunately post sale I have had no contact from any one at PB. If you;re happy to save a few grand and do the chasing and managing the sale yourself then that's fine but it's not an easy process."
"I was told as I had a first time buyer and no chain we could complete in 6 weeks. 15 weeks later still waiting, very little input from Purplebricks and I have had to do a lot of the chasing for solicitor and my buyers solicitor has been too busy with other client, very poor service all round and would never recommend Purplebricks as full of false promises"
"shocking service .. do not use PB What started off as a positive experience got shocking worse until I have removed the property off the market. Unfortunately the sales person left the company and since then I have received appalling service resulting in the property being on the market for nearly two years. Constant contradicting feed back from an area manger and the viewing person. The area manager couldn’t provide me with a local sales person to proactively push the property and arrange viewings - a service I was willing to pay for - and I was informed last week that the area manager has also left the business. So I’m left with no contact or sales support. Having investigated further I have been advised that the area my property is in in disarray and most the tea has left the business. I’m not prepared to pay any of the fees and feel I have wasted the last 12 months. Most the viewings cancelled due to PB being unavailable to accompany or didn’t get back to the buyer. I raised the issue that a potential buyer had posted a note saying they had tried several times to arrange a viewing and PB didn’t come back to them. When raising this concern I was basically told the buyer want an actual perspective buyer and a time waster. I’m my experience the only time wasters are PB !!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID OMG i would sooner live in a tent than have to sell my property with this totally useless company. Sold my property Dec 17 within a few days of it going on the market (the picture sold itself). In April the bottom of my chain collapsed and within a few days re-joined. My experience with dealing with Hassan has been truly stressful. He has contacted me around 5 times during the whole 8 months of the process with the most useless information ever! I got to the stage where i only called him when i had no choice as the information he thought he was passing on to me was weeks' old and the chain below was keeping me updated more than he was. I am STILL awaiting completion and was told by the end of chain (all my hard work) that it could happen next week. i called the office to be told Hassan was on annual leave and Amy was dealing with my case who is at lunch. i called back at 1pm like asked and i was put through to HASSAN. in a nutshell what am i actually paying these jokers for. i event turned down the purchase of a house because the vendor was selling through Purple Bricks. NEVER AGAIN. so stressful and anxious following this."
"I would rate this 0 if it would allow me. DO NOT USE PURPLE BRICKS FOR RENTAL PROPERTY. ALL SALES GUY, GIFT OF THE GAB BUT COMPANY CAN NOT DELIVERY. Used purple bricks to manage our rental property. Initial start was good, they sold the service well. We got plenty of viewings and secured a tenent within a couple of months but we soon realise this company know nothing about rental management and became very disappointed with the service. They advised us over the phone that the tenants they had secured where both currently living in hmos, but when it came to the application neither tennent proved references. We questioned this with the agent, who advised they didn't need references as they lived with parents. Our gut instint told us something was off and we wish we had taken this further or declined the application. We ended up with tenants that did not pay rent on time, and didn't pay the last 3 months at all and vacated the property, leaving it a mess. One tennent was also smoking and dealing canabis from the property. Purple bricks are extremely poor at management and I can not stress this enough. For example, the tenants had damaged a window hinge which needed replacing. They contacted purple bricks who told the tenents to contact us as they know we had a contractor we used. We expected purple bricks to manage the property and expected them to arrange contractors, not to pass the issue to us. After all it was what we was paying them for. We felt like we was actually paying them to sit back and do nothing. When the tenants 6 months contract was due to end we received a call from the agent asking if we would like to extend this for another 6 months. The tenants lived in a flat above our property (due to full time jobs and a family to look after it made life easier paying someone else to manage) and wasn't happy with the late rent and drug dealing so we advised we would not be extending the contract. As the due date was close to Christmas we agreed to allow the tenants to stay another 2 months. Few days before the agreed move out day we contacted the agents to check every thing was set but the tenants advised they had not been given any notice. We was unable to check this as the person who we believed had provided the notice had left the company. So we had to wait another 2 months before we could get rid of the tenents. Move out day and tenants did not turn up for key handover and move out inspection. Due to the state of the property and 3 months missing rent, the the deposit was to be kept. They processed the request for the deposit and advised us it would take a couple of weeks to hit our bank. As the date passed we contacted purple bricks to find out what was going on. Again we was advised the person managing the deposite requested had left the company and they would look into it and get back to us. As time went on we called back several times just to get through to a number that had been disconnected, voice mails, no answer or advised some one would call us back. This went on 3 months, no one was able to help, no notes on system ,serveal people dealing with this issue leaving company and very poor management. We decided to contact the deposit company ourselves but they didn't have record of this. We called back purple bricks and demanded to speck to the manager. He advised that our region was actually being managed but a 3rd party who purple bricked had recently stopped using and was unable to access records. This was also the reason people managing us no longer worked for the company. At the end of the day we where paying purple bricks to manage the property and if they had been upfront with us it might not of been so frustrating. Few days later the money appeared in our account. No call back to advise it had been sorted and no apology. I WOULD URGE ANYONE THINKING OF USING PURPLE BRICKS ESPECIALLY FOR MANAGING RENTAL TO STAY AWAY."
"All in all it is not a cheaper option if you do not pay the selling fee up front as you are then tied into using there conveyancing solicitors who are rude, expensive and slow. So if you want a thorough solicitor either pay the selling fee up front or use a reputable high street agent. Very much a hard sell to get you to go with them."
"Booked an evaluation with a Justin Dibben. The appointment was for midday. However he arrived over an hour early when my daughters were at home. He then entered the property rush around, only looking at a couple of room - after 2 minutes of looking less than disinterested left! When I contacted him to inform him that I was unhappy about his practice as at the least he should have contacted to ask if he could come earlier. Justin level of a arrogants was shocking as he could no see any issue with his practice - what is the point of making an appointment if they will turn up whenever they want, without any notice. It also states that the appointment will be an hour, so how he believes he can make an evaluation in a matter of minutes without even looking at the rooms or speaking to me is at best a poor joke - shocking would not every five consideration to using this company"
"So easy to use!"
"Terrible experience with Purple Bricks from start to finish. The house I have recently purchased was being sold by Purple Bricks and unfortunately the owners also used their conveyancing services. It was so bad that some staff weren't aware of the completion date and that I was selling my house therefore in a chain. Communication was dreadful and no one seemed to know what anyone else was doing. Be warned - if you get a cheap conveyancing/solicitor deal you get what you pay for!! I was very close to losing my buyer due to the apalling Purple Bricks conveyancing team."
"TERRIBLE COMPANY, THREE TIMES DIDNT TURN UP FOR VIEWING AND DIDNT BOTHER TO CALL ME TO LET.ME KNOW. COWBOY OUTFIT"
Purplebricks is rated 2.15 based on 59 reviews