Protect My Property Reviews

of reviewers recommend Protect My Property
Read Protect My Property Reviews

About Protect My Property:

We install and maintain a wide range of tailored security systems, including alarms, CCTV and access control units.

enquiries@protectmyproperty.co.uk

11 Silver Fox WayCobalt Business Park, ,

Tell us how Protect My Property made you happy
Terrible customer service In fact shocking service altogether Did not even turn to service alarm
Despite paying monthly for an alarm system installed by British Gas about 20 years ago, since Protect My Property took over maintenance, the service from the office has been appalling and is now non existent. Engineers are excellent but impossible to get them to remedy alarm faults as no answer to either telephone or email requests in last months. Dreadful service. So, I have no alarm system that works and cannot contact company still taking money.
Please avoid this company. We had a terrible experience from them and were extremely disappointed. From being asked to provide proof that we had paid for our alarm (I wonder how their record keeping is especially since they are vat registered), to making promises and not fulfilling them and having to chase them for months to get a reply. Honestly, please stay away and find yourself a trust worthy and reliable company. I will not go into details but I feel the need to warn people.
Hello, there are few issues we wish to clear regarding this review. Firstly, this complaint came in once the customer had used the system for a year and a half. We were then notified in August this year that they weren’t happy with the system they had chosen and wanted a different one. Given the amount of time which had passed we were unaware that there was any unhappiness with the current alarm they had selected. Regardless, we offered a generous discount of 25% to install the alarm system they were after. What’s more, this customer had previously requested a new key pad from us which we provided free of charge. With regards to emails, we have kept all of our correspondence which shows we have responded to every query in a quickly and timely manner. However, we did not hear from this customer for two months because they said it had gone into their junk box. We have always ensured timely replies in this matter and feel this review is attempting to de-value the service we provide. Finally, we could not find proof of payment from this account, and simply required confirmation for their end so we could investigate further. We have done all we can to appease these concerns and been more than reasonable with our service to date.
Atrocious service from the office side of the company, since changing from Dyno Secure missed contractual service appointment is the norm, so called managers who refuse to answer calls when specifically asked for as the advisor wasn't in a position to answer my queries, yet tell the frontline staff what to say and email my complaint in. Well that's what I did a month ago and guess what haven't received so much as an acknowledgement it's a good job the engineers a great as the office side is a shambles led by ineffective managers!
We are sorry to hear you are not happy with your recent service. Could you please provide us with your account reference details so we can look into this for you and give you a call.
Try calling them on the phone and judge the quality and service this company offers on the time it takes them to respond to you. Don’t hold your breath.
Hi Paul, Thanks for getting in touch to address your concerns, can you please let us know a little more about the reason for your call and how we can help? Thanks in advance!
Beyond terrible service, I’m sharing this on here as I’ve posted the same on trustpilot. Seriously considering cancelling my contract and going to trading standards and any other governing body I can think of. I’ve had my alarm 20yrs, it was with British Gas originally and they gave the alarm part to ProtectmyProperty. All was going fine, alarm was serviced twice a year as part of my contract with them. Then I realised the alarm hadn’t been serviced in some time - upon checking my service book since 2017!!! So you can imagine I’m not one bit happy, I’m paying a lot of money for the Response 400 contract I have with them. Made a call to complain on Monday 14th September. Chased for a response on Wednesday 16th sept and also to chase up the non existent service phone call that I was told I’d receive on Monday. Booked for a service the first one in 3yrs!! Was told someone would call me. I said don’t call Thursday 17th September as I’ll be in hospital. So guess what they rang as I was getting prepped for surgery - told them I couldn’t talk. Lady apologised said she’d ring Friday. Think you get the picture by now. No call came and I chased yesterday Wednesday 23rd September for some response to my complaint. Can you believe they manager or whoever should have been talking to me passed a message back through the call handler that they tried calling Friday but the number wasn’t working!!! And they’d offer me 3 months free. I said NO WAY, told the lady to pass that back to her supervisor/manager and remind them they should have been taking the call and also remind them they’ve had the best part of £1000 from me the last 3yrs and my alarm was serviced once only in 2017 and nothing since then. Yet they’ve been quick enough to take my money. The call handler then informed me I’d have to wait to speak to the other person as they were finishing work for the day.... Can you believe the nerve of how that call was handled. I’m beyond disgusted and I’m taking this all the way. I intend next to write the the CEO, directors along with trading standards and the Ombudsman. Totally unacceptable. So right now I’d be advising people to steer clear and do not use them.
Hi There! We hope you don't mind us sharing the update you provided on Trustpilot regarding this compliant below... UPDATE:- Received a phone call from Protect my Property after I rang the Stevenage HQ. They contacted them and Nicola rang me. Full of apologies and promised to rectify the issue and we came to an agreement which I’m happy with. So feel it’s only fair I post this update. I hope it returns to being the great service I once knew. For now I’m satisfied with the outcome
I assure you that the following is FACT See posts under Trustpilot, still updating as the saga continues, and it will as I have discovered something else. However in the meantime. I have just reviewed your - Our New Ways of Working, and watched video, 'well take me to the foot of our stairs', Maybe its just me they cannot be bothered to do as the video states. Turning up with NO protection, until I insisted on the next visit that they should, then it was hit and miss, a mask at HALF mask, fingerless gloves, no uniform, looked as it wearing something that men sleep in, NO call before hand etc.,etc., Walking all over the house, even upstairs, when I asked that if he wanted anything just give me a shout and I'll be down. Found out later after he left that he decided to write up his report in the kitchen, after I told him he had the use of the hall table. No wipe down. Believe me it took me a good hour wiping down surfaces spraying etc., I am not some old girl who has OCD when it comes to cleaning, but in the current climate one has to be a a little more careful. Come on people does not matter who the company is they should respect people, maybe when they turn up at a property in Mayfair, they drag out the PPE and uniform etc., call the staff before they turn up, and lets not forget the cleaning material. I have a saying 'Everybody counts or nobody counts' in fact its borrowed from Harry Bosch Forgot no DRILL when he knew full well that one was needed, when he told me that it would take him 15 mins to get back to his van to get it so back and forth 30 mins, just to speed things along I let him use my drill. So far with Covid19 and this its my Anno Horribilis, not so much to do with C/19
Awful company, refuse to refund 78 year old widow when they did not cancel agreement and kept on taking money. She has proof she called and wrote in but they cannot find call recording or letter she sent in so are refusing to refund the money. £100 is a lot of money to her.
Ms. Rhodes emailed us on 17th April 2020 to advise that she wished to cancel her agreement and asked for a refund from December 2019, advising that she had sent a letter to us at that time. We do not dispute that Ms. Rhodes sent the letter or made a phone call to us, however, all cancellations need to be in writing as per our terms and conditions, and as we have not received a letter we are unable to process a refund. As a gesture of good will as we appreciate that this is very frustrating for Ms Rhodes we offered to refund the direct debit payment which was taken during her 30 day cancellation period, however, this was refused.
Just hopeless, we’re unable to set our alarm on a regular basis, they are slow to get back to you to organise a reset which means I have been late to appointments or have had to cancel things on a regular basis. I’m not sure if it’s just the system I have, but if it’s not fit for purpose they should recommend a change or upgrade it. I’m not hugely impressed and will look at an alternative supplier.
Installation only partially completed due to late attendance of one of fitters and missing parts
Hi Donald, I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience. I will follow your feedback up with our customer service team to ensure it does not occur again.
Protect My Property is rated 4.58 based on 154 reviews