Prizefun Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Prizefun

How would you rate Prizefun ?

"My wife has some learning disabilities, she saw the advert on Facebook to win vouchers for tesco, asda including rubbish stories of people who had apparently won. To cut a long story short over £40 was stolen off us by these people but through our contracted phone company (shame on you o2). I made the calls to o2 who where unfortunately not very helpful apart from giving me the telephone number of these people. I called and was confronted by an arrogant girl, I went on to say that my wife who had some learning disabilities entered via Facebook for the so-called competition not realising she would receive texts costing us £3/£4 each. The girl was no help at all obviously, and said we wouldn't get the money back.. Disgusting! In this day and age how they get away with it is unbelievable and again to the phone companies, shame on you! Friendly advice Don't enter any competitions, you will just be robbed of money and very little you can do about it. Please spread the word and make these thieves known."
"very dodgy company but perserverance got me half my money back from sb7 and half from 3"
"They had £45-00 off me. I didn't enter their competition and as far as I'm aware,I never even received any premium text from them.Had to change my mobile number in the end. These people should be STOPPED"
Kevin Buckland
Verified Reviewer
"Unscrupulous con artists that should be banned. They have been sending unsolicited premium rate text messages to my 78 year old mother's mobile phone. Apparently she entered her details on a prize winning website. Utter lies, she never uses the internet."
"These b#stards have charged me £54 each month for 2 months. I rang my mobile phone provider about my bills as they were getting higher and discover SB7 had been charging me for sending me texts even though when they were received I deleted them immediately. Being charged for deleting texts I never asked for.........disgraceful"
"Scam happened to me some 3-4 months ago. Page opened and would not close until question's answered. No exit button. Bill via EE for £50. Cancelled direct debit to EE that day. Payphoneplus about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Reported matter to Action Fraud who recorded incident as a fraud (and I understand are still investigating). When I phoned SB7 Mobile and offered my name and address so matter could be resolved in Court they very rudely declined stating that 'if you don't pay EE they will cut your phone off and it will affect your credit score. Many threats from EE for payment. Advised EE that this matter had been reported to Action Fraud and if they continued they may be accessories to money laundering. No reply from EE to written letters. Also advised EE as to safeguards under Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Eventually they backed down and re credited account with £50. Stand your ground and report all incidents from this company to Action fraud!"
"I have had similar experiences to other readers reviews. Even though there was no option to send STOP, I did it anyway. I received a message back immediately saying:- "All competition subscriptions on this shortcode are now cancelled and no further messages will be sent. Customer services:03301340181" I will see if I get another one next week! Watch this space and I will let you know if this has worked."
"Same thing happened to me today. Browsing Facebook on my phone, pop up came up, clicked on the cross in the corner to close it and immediately received a text saying thank you for my 1 entry at a charge of £6! I am disgusted that this can happen so easily, and since googling this incident, have seen this happens quite a lot. I will be phoning them to ensure I have my number removed, as there is no text option to reply the usual 'stop'. Will also be reporting them to everyone I can as this should not be allowed ????"
Robert Drayton
Unverified Reviewer
"I have just been sucked in by these fraudsters and swindled out of £6.00.I was on the web browsing a through a site when a competion from prize fun popped up (wheres the fun in been deceived).I exited the screen and contiuned browsing.When i finished the page i was on i pressed the screen to change the page,a page popped up that congraulated me on entering the prize fun competion and that i had just been stung for £6.00.The page had been set up to cause unintentional clicks to there site so they could fleece you.It was impossible for me not to get sucked into this and be hoodwinked out of £6.00.I can not believe they get away with misleading innocent web browsers by pulling a fast one like this.I encourge people to complain to the ICO,OFCOM and ASA and any other consumer group and also write to there MP.Its the only way to stop these charlatans imposing themselves on unexpecting victims on the Web and pilfering there money."
"I have received two unrequested and un-signedupfor text messages from this "company", this morning alone. The distributing telephone number is concealed. This sort of thing needs to be shut down."
"Scammers who have stolen £30 from me! They are thieves and should be in prison. If i get my way they will be soon."
"Prizefun used the payforit system to debit my account for a £5 competition entry but the payforit system should present you with 2 webpages, a payment screen followed by a confirmation screen. Somehow Prizefun have bypassed these two steps as these webpages are not displayed. Its very important that payforit webpages are displayed as they offer the purchaser a chance to confirm or back out of the transaction. Is it legal for prizefun to bypass these webpages?"
"The exit button on my android phone did not remove the prizefun web page creating the impression that I had to answer the competitiin question to exit. The acceptance of a £5 charge was a tiny tick box already pre-ticked. If you were to complain, they could change the web page so that there is no proof of incorrect practices. I didn't want to enter a competition to when an iphone 6 and would not pay £5 to do so but somehow purchased £15 from prizefun! A lottary ticket only costs £1 with a chance to win millions so why would anyone knowingly pay £5 for a chance to win a prize worth a few hundred pounds? One click on a web page and you can be charged £5 on your phone bill, its terrible. This type of payment method (payforit) enables you to donate to charities easily but their websites are much clearer about the charge. Competition websites are exploiting this payment method calling your competition entry a purchase. Three would not block payforit on my account which is terrible. They could simply "bounce" any further payforit. Why not give me an option to turn pay for it on or off? In summary its a loophole competition websites have exploited."
"You have rip me off For £49 .00 there is no EXIT BUTTON to Opt out I am struggling as it is with being on Benefits I would be appreciated if you can reinstate my money I don't need an iPad or iPhone 6 am just a simple ordinary person who live a simple life My phone number is 07779292070 Please phone me back or email me rafiqadam60@hotmail.co.uk. Don't ever send me any promotions of any kind not interested at all ."
"These people need shutting down. Pop up ad came up with no visable exit. Tried to get off the page and got charged £15!!! This is a sc-am and s c-on and the company are literally stealing money from you. The mobile operators refuse to do anything so while the can get away with it they are stealing 1000's. To the people behind the company stop stealing money and get respectable jobs like the rest of us. You are the lowest of the low"
"If you feel that you did not willingly enter a competition. You can try and recover lost monies by following these instructions. http://goo.gl/Xa1cI0"
"A calculated con. These guys have written some code that creates a pop without an exit option. Users are forced to answer questions that enter them in to a competition @ £5 a go. You ring them up and they claim there is an exit button. You try to find the ad again to prove there is no exit button and the ad never shows. If you come across this scam then take a video of the fact there is no exit button."
Johannah.sims@gmail.com
Unverified Reviewer
"I was stung for £15 the other day but i was asleep, so how did they do it."
"I also got stung by this company for £15 only a few days ago. Same story, pop up from unrelated site which would not go away. I was not aware that anybody could charge your phone account for a "purchase" . My phone operator will not block this so I decided that I'd also cancel the phone contract. Effectively my phone was like a credit card, one click £15. Phone operators should not allow "payforit" to charge accounts. I wonder how much money sb7 have made in this way?"
"It happened to me too: 20£ charged directly to my EE account. Has anyone managed to get the money back from sb7mobile?"
Prizefun is rated 1.00 based on 31 reviews