PRIMO REGISTRATIONS Reviews

PO Box 489,
Fleet,
GU51 9FL

Tell us how PRIMO REGISTRATIONS made you happy
My views are split into two- the acquisition and transfer and then the support given via online chat.

My transfer took just three days. The plates arrived the next day. Communications were excellent and if just judging in this aspect I would have rated very good.

However, I did a web chat on their site simply to enquire if I needed to buy adhesive tape as I wanted to stick them on. You would think this is a simple question for which there would be a simple answer. Not so. Peter seemed to be playing that yes no game where you avoid using yes or no in your answer. On the question “ do I need to buy adhesive tape to stick your plates onto my car?” Answer “if you have secure fixings then you can buy our fixing kit”. What are secure fixings? Screws maybe. So I qualify and ask again if I need tape. His reply “ I’ve already told you”. I press further. I don’t have screw fixings and want to stick them on, should I buy tape strips. Answer, I’ve answered that question.

Perhaps he was having a bad day but really was it so hard for him to just say “yes you will need adhesive strips” if not then they might want to keep him away from a customer interface.
Ordered Sun paid for Primo to manage, plates and transfer docs arrived Tues. Returned to Primo on Wed by post. Received confirmation of transfer Thurs. Plates fitted by garage Fri. Brilliant service would highly recommend - this was my first time purchasing a personalised number.
I recently purchased a plate from PRIMO, I found the price good and them to be professional but maybe a little too "business like" in there approach to customers. I had two questions in mind to ask, but the call taker would not engage with me and simply directed me to the email and paperwork that would arrive, I was left feeling a little "dismissed" by that. Perhaps it was because I declined the "fully managed transfer service"?, but why would I pay £24:99 for that ?, when it is a process that takes less than five minutes to do "on line" and is dead easy. Having worked in the service industry, I feel customer service could be improved
Worst company to deal with. Take months to reply back. Very rude customer service. Your better off spending your money elsewhere.
Thank you for your review.
I'm afraid you placed your order less than a month ago, so I'm not too certain where the comment about "taking months" to reply comes from. I believe you have just spoken to one of my colleagues on the telephone and she confirmed that your papers have been forwarded to DVLA for processing.
With regard to the rude customer service I have previously replied back to your email regarding this. I would suggest the way you speak to people on the telephone needs to change - telling people you are going to get them sacked is not the best way to get a positive response when they are trying to help you despite your aggressive manner.
Your transfer will be completed by the DVLA shortly and we will advise you when you are able to put the plates onto the vehicle.
Regards
The Primo Team
I ordered a number plate and was told it will take 5-7working days, its been 2weeks now I have not received any thing from this bogus company.
I have been calling almost everyday after the 7th day and last i was told its missing in post, when I have paid for recorded delivery and 1st class service. Again I'm being told I can't get refund even though they have not delivered the number plate.

Stay away from this company, dont say i did not warn you.
Thank you for your review.
I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't received your item. However, I can confirm that your parcel looks to have been lost in the post. We have organised for a replacement to be ordered and will despatch to you upon receipt.
We are a genuine company, with many thousands of happy customers, but unfortunately things can go missing in the post.
We will advise you as soon as this has been despatched to you.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.
Regards
The Primo Team
Up until this morning everything was very good....
I called at 9.50am and spoke to Paul (wouldn't give surname)
My query was regarding a brief text message that i'd received stating that my son's new reg plates could now be fitted....
I asked Paul for piece of mind if i would receive an email or some documentation that was a bit more substantial than a text message given the fact that the registration plate is a legal requirement....
I was met with snide belittling laughter and told that an email was no more proof than a text message and that the email was sent on the 28th July (never received if it was sent) Paul also said that this email would contain exactly the same information as the text?
I've just instantly received the email that was sent/re-sent whilst still on the phone, the information in the email is ten times more than the text and also explains about the receiving of a new log book in 3-10 days.... If i had received this i would not of called today...

Paul's manner and attitude unfortunately is a scar on an otherwise very helpful experience, on that basis i would find it difficult to use Primoreg againor again or to recommend the company to others....
Thank you for taking the time to give us this review.
I have taken the opportunity to listen to the call recording, and I can't hear any laughter or anything untoward in the conversation from my colleague. There was surprise from him when you said that you wouldn't accept a text but you would accept an email from us as confirmation - neither is "official" as you quoted, merely us advising you.
However, I hope that you enjoy your number plate in the meantime.
Very rude abrupt after sales staff would not reccomend the use of this company to anyone
Thank you for your email.
I'm very sorry to hear that you believe our staff to be rude and abrupt. I'd be grateful if you could email us on info@primoregistrations.co.uk so that we can investigate this matter. In the meantime I hope that you enjoy your new plate! Many Thanks.
I recenly purcased a private plate from this company. Hassle free transfer and delivery. Very pleased with the whole process. Thanks
Found them to be a little cheaper than most sites even once you add on documentation fee etc. I opted to pay extra to let them do the paperwork which cost me £19.99 and it was money well spent, I sent the V5 to them late on a Tuesday night and by Wednesday lunchtime got an email to say all was good and ready to put plates on car, 2 days later my new V5 arrived, I have friends who have done it themselves in June and are still waiting, plates came quick, regular updates via text & email incase you don't check your emails, whole purchase from start to finish was flawless, didnt have to contact them once about any concerns.
Excellent service, all done and dusted in six days.
I ordered last Tuesday night, paid the extra £20 for Primo to do all the legal paperwork, and for special delivery of my gel plates (which look the business), they arrived on Thursday lunchtime, posted the paperwork back on Friday, and got a text and email on the following Monday morning to say I could put my new number plates on my car after informing my insurance company.
The only thing I can think of is to include some blue number plate caps in the fixing kit, although I have ordered some from Amazon for £1.50 so not a big problem.
Thanks Primo, I would recommend this service to everyone for it’s no hassle and straightforward service.
Would recommend as good company and do everything for you. Very quick too to sort out all your paperwork. Would recommend.
Great website and easy to order. Number plates arrived promptly and accompanying documentation shortly afterwards.
Very professional and quick delivery of my reg..only took 8 days quick and easy to do
This is the first time i have used this company and i would just like to say what a fantastic experience. The reason i chose Primo was the fantastic reviews. What an easy and speedy transaction even with the current issues regarding covid-19. Excellent service and i would highly recommend them. Well done and stay safe, thank you......
PRIMO REGISTRATIONS 5 star review on 29th May 2020
Purchased plate my little VW UP new plates arrived all now on car within a week excellent service and new Registration Document also received
Very efficient from start to finish excellent company to deal with This is the second no plate we have bought. Thank you
PRIMO REGISTRATIONS 5 star review on 23rd November 2019 PRIMO REGISTRATIONS 5 star review on 23rd November 2019
Registration and document transfer very smooth and clear but didn’t want to buy plates but had to and they come without fixings or holes and are basic quality. Suggest that customers are given the choice to opt out in future as it’s let an otherwise quality service down.
Ordered on the 18th recieved them on the 21st and fully mounted on the 23rd using their own transfer service really happy with everything and changed the look of my car, thankyou
PRIMO REGISTRATIONS 5 star review on 23rd May 2019
I though buying a private plate would be time consuming and stressful but the whole experience was super quick. Plates were delivered the next day after ordering and were ready to go on car the day after sending the V5 certificate. I would advise using primo to organise the paperwork as it was so stress free. Only advise I would offer is if buying as a gift and you do not want the plates displayed on car until a certain date don't send away theV5 paperwork as the plates need to be displayed within a couple of days after it has been registered. My fault for not reading the terms correctly.

Angela
I purchased new plate on the Sunday and sped up the process by printing off the transfer details rather than wait for the plates to arrive,I received plates and the confirmation that I could put them on my vehicle on the Friday!!!!!!!! 5 days in total using Primo's transfer service AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
PRIMO REGISTRATIONS is rated 4.92 based on 4,308 reviews