Powerdirect.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Powerdirect.co.uk
Read Powerdirect.co.uk Reviews

Unit 8, Overland Park, Gelderd Road

Although Powerdirect may respond to this review, like they have others, with a standard apology that they having "stock issues" they are currently operating their business to completely distance themselves from their customers and retain their money. They no longer respond to any emails, claim that the email addresses they provide on their website like services@powerdirect.co.uk and cancellations@powerdirect.co.uk are actually unmanned so there is no means of emailing them and no longer take calls to the telephone numbers on their website.
My case is that I ordered and immediately paid for a Hotpoint fridge/freezer on 25th August for £339.97 that was allegedly in stock. I subsequently enquired whether they provide a service to remove the old fridge/freezer and they responded promptly the next day that they didn't, which was fine. I contacted them again on 2nd September enquiring of the delivery date and received a response the same day saying the model was out of stock and that delivery would be 14+ working days. On 19th September I cancelled my order as it had been 25 days we have been without a fridge/freezer and could not wait any longer. I received a prompt reply on 21st September acknowledging the cancellation and that I would be refunded in 7-10 workings days and nothing has happened since: no contact, no response, no refund. I have repeatedly emailed and called them on their telephone numbers (one goes to voicemail saying it isn't manned; the other rings out then they hang up). 28 days after committing to refund me, absolutely nothing and avoidance of all efforts to contact.
Absolutely the most shocking service ever! No response from anyone except automated ones. I ordered something back at the beginning of July, a fridge freezer, 6 weeks later and still not arrived, despite many attempts to communicate with them. Finally a response saying you can cancel if you'd like. I then needed one as was actually moving into the house I had bought it for. So, cancelled the order! ON AUGUST 25th! We are now in October!!!
I got the automatic reply of with 7 to 14 working days. I wait and I wait. Contact to ask where it bloody well is! Get an auto response. Contact the sales team, get no response. Write a more aggressive email to every contact I can find, finally a response from sales saying they will put it through to cancellations team with urgent on it. Still no RESPONSE!!!!! During this I also decide to pay to call the 08444 number (outrageous!) for them to say you must email!!!
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
I have just issued a complaint via my bank! This better work or I'll be coming to bash their door down. So many others that have had the same experiences.

I want to put negative stars on this!
This company even ask me to write a review! I am still shaking just thinking of powerdirect. We just moved house and ordered fridge and freezer on 1st Oct, they quickly took the money and I only received one email about invoice, then I heard nothing since. I start to worried and not knowing when my fridge will be delivered means we don't have fridge and freezer for the time being. I then checked my order online realise they are awaiting for stock. I called their contact no but it says phone number will not be answered and all query must email to them. We emailed ask the order to be cancelled. 2 days no reply then we got an email without any appologise or mentioned cancelled order, just simply saying our order is with supplier and possible will be delivered next year! I was shocked, send email back to them ask them to refund the money and the delivery time is not acceptable. no response. checked our bank statement they have already took the £712 from us without any goods and the delivery next year still is estimate! OMG, you can't get through any phone call, we are still in 14 days cooling off period so under no obligation we should be able to cancel the order that will only possible to be deliver NEXT YEAR! We can't get through any human being in this company, they do not response to you and many our emails just not being replied. Please, anyone has any idea how I can get our money back would be highly appreciated. Sick to the stomach thinking of this company. There must be a regulator be able to step in help the consumer like me. our order number is 100054491and this is real review of such disgusting company. Now it is 13th October, and I have not heard anything from them since I sent the cancellation email, then an email invite me for this review, Joke?
Good morning,

We have been experiencing stock issues, which has now been rectified, but this is no excuse for the poor service you have received. I personally will escalate this issue to our cancellations department in regards to the poor communication and resolution of refund, this should be resolved very shortly.

Powerdirect Team
I ordered a fridge freezer in the first week of august. I had to contact powerdirrct when it didn't arrive after 2 weeks. They said its delayed until mid september. Again heard nothing, and then they said it is out of stock until January. I asked for a refund over 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything or recieved my refund. Standard automated response without action. This company is quick to take your money, not return it! Owed back over £1,200! I just want my money back. Horrendous service.

Powerdirect Team
Don't be lured by the prices, avoid at all cost.

It all started off great, the price for my larder fridge was significantly cheaper than competitors. I handed over my money over three weeks ago and that's where my problems began. My fridge is not working and I need an urgent replacement. Power direct DO NOT respond to my emails or take calls (whether you call the number on the website or retail store). I have requested a refund so that I can buy elsewhere but no response from sales/ service or cancellations departments. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Unfortunately I am now paying off a credit card bill for something I have not received. Avoid this company at all cost, I would give it zero stars if that option was available. It explains why they only allow you to leave reviews by invitation!
Good afternoon,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the poor service you have received from PowerDirect. Our aim is to always offer our customers the best possible service and prices, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the case with your order. We have been experiencing stock issues, which has now been rectified, but this is no excuse for the poor service you have received.

I personally will escalate this issue to our cancellations department and this should be resolved very shortly. Finally, please accept our apologies once again as it is never our intention to provide such a poor service to our customers.

Powerdirect Team
PLEASE DO NOT USE! They have taken money off our credit…
They have taken money off our credit card and yet we heard nothing and so contacted them and they said it was out of stock and didn't know when it would be in stock! We have asked for a refund and still have not received our money back. It is now over 14 working days and their general response is it will take 7-10 working days to appear back on your card. They are not taking calls and using this pandemic as an excuse to not refund. I have contacted my credit card company, but I may still be charged interest and have to pay my credit card even when they should have refunded it. I ordered the fridge freezer on 3rd August and now 23rd September. Getting no response via email now either. SHOCKING and SHAMEFUL Service and will never use these people again.
Dear Posy,

Powerdirect Team
Ordered a hob from this lot, delay in stock went from 2-3 weeks to 10 weeks after ordering, tried to cancel order and get a refund, they said 7-10 days yet 2 weeks later still no refund, really poor customer service! All they send is autoreply when you contact their cancellations department by email and then no follow up at all despite several emails. Contacted my bank to see if I can retrieve my money because Powerdirect obviously don't care about their customers or their reputation. Really very poor service!!
Dear Mr Farrall,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience and poor service you appear to have received from our company. We always aim to offer our customers the best possible service and prices, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the case with your order.

I have looked into your order and it appears the product was not in stock at the point of order, therefore we had to place the order with our supplier. There does appear to have been an unreasonable timescale for the order to be fulfilled and we can only apologise for this.

I have raised the refund issue with our cancellations department and this should be resolved very shortly, if it hasn't already.

Powerdirect Team
Item doesn't work. Contacted their Service team at least 3 times, but no response. Good prices and speedy delivery, but the WORST AFTER SALES SERVICE that I've ever encountered. Item is ready to be collected when Power Direct deem me worthy of a response!
Good morning Mr Hoare,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the service you have received from Powerdirect.

I escalated this to our customer service team to resolve your issue as a matter of urgency. There will be an investigation into why this has not been resolved quicker as this is not the level of service we aim to offer our valued customers.

Our aim is to offer our customers the best products at competitive pricing with positive customer service but unfortunately this appears not to have been the case with your order, and for this we can only apologise.

Powerdirect Team
Take a look at TRUST Pilot reviews for Power Direct !

Don’t order from this company.
Don’t order from this company.

You will regret ordering from this company.

They are selling stock that they don’t have.

If you do order , please use a credit card. You will then be protected and be able to get you money back from the credit card company.

It’s not cheaper if they can’t fulfill the order.

I am waiting for refund, it’s taking a long time .

Leave negative feedback if they take your money then send nothing .
Good morning Mr Evans,

I escalated this to our customer service team to resolve your issue and refund as a matter of urgency but you have already even refunded and emailed so I am sorry if there has been any confusion regarding this.

Powerdirect Team
PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING FROM THIS COMPANY!!

We ordered a fridge freezer for £1,650 as part of our kitchen renovation, this was just as the country was placed into lockdown. As a result of the lockdown the kitchen fitters can't start the job, because of this we had to cancel orders for several new appliances, one being the fridge freezer with powerdirect.co.uk.

I was asked to email my cancellation request to them, which I did immediately, I then got an automated response saying the request would take 5-7 working days, this isn't a problem and I was happy so far, I still wanted to purchase it from them and had every intention of doing so once the lockdown restrictions were lifted.

It is now 18 working days since the cancellation and I still haven't had a refund, not only that but they will not respond to any of my emails to the cancellations department.
I decided to test them by emailing them from another email address querying a very expensive 85inch TV from their website, as I am looking at refurbishing that room next, guess what.....they replied within 5 minutes, who'd have guessed it right? So I replied to their email and also asked if they could take a look at my cancellation request as it's been going on for some time, they answered stating they didn't work in the cancellations department, that's fine can you just send it over to them and give them a polite nudge...NO!!

This company is basically enticing you in with low prices to get your money to raise their cash flow, take a look at their website, they have virtually no items in stock.

This is bad trading practice, I'm now going to start legal proceedings, not only do I want my money back but I also want to ensure this company can't rip people off like they are trying to.

I will come back and update this review once I have more information but please, in the meantime, do not be tempted to order from this shambolic company because the price is lower, it's lower for a reason. Read the reviews on here before making your mind up.

I will be contacting Trading Standards today.
I ordered a Stoves electric range cooker on 28th December 2019 , on the 7th Jan I received an email to confirm this item was out of stock and would not be sent out until February.

I decided to cancel the item and request a refund as we needed the cooker at an earlier date.

I completed the refund request forms a number of times , each time being told the refund would be between 7-10 days.

It is now 15th April 2020 and I am still waiting for the refund of £‪1787.49‬
The customer service from Powerdirect.co.uk is appalling with no responses to my emails or update on my refund.
I would strongly recommend not using this company.
Order - 100048466
Item - EVA90BL CDA Cooker Hood 90cm Angled Extractor Black Glass
Issue - Damaged, hi still waiting for a response regarding refund or replacement could l please have a decision one way or the other regards mick,first placed order 6 months ago,please look at reviews on trust pilot not a good company for response if you’re having a problem but very good if taking your money.
Good morning Mr Hill,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the poor service you have received from Powerdirect. I will escalate this to our services team as a matter of priority.

A member of our team should be in contact with you within the next 24 hours.

We can only apologise for the inconvenience caused as we always aim to offer our customers the best possible service and after sales support.

Powerdirect Team
PowerDirect were very punctual in confirming our order. Alas that I where it stopped. We still haven't received the tumble dryer that was ordered on 13th November. The delivery company have been so aggressive whenever I have phoned them to arrange a revised date as their very short notice of a six hour window next day couldn't be met due to hospital appointment. Very aggressive when ever I phone and was told that " If I didn't like it when they couldn't predict a delivery date then I was to complain to PowerDirect". This I have done in an e mail today. Awaiting their response, and awaiting delivery. Very poor service. Sad to say as P/ Direct are usually very good.
Good afternoon,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the lack of service you have received with your order. We will be escalating this issue to our couriers as this is unacceptable behaviour on their part.

A member of our services team will contact you shortly to assist in resolving the matter.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies as this is not the level of service we aim to provide our valued customers.

Kindest regards,

Powerdirect Team
AWFUL -READ REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING (PLEASE)
Please note, this company ‘invites’ you to leave a review here, so its not a true account – Check Trustpilot!

I'll keep this fact based, so emotion does not cloud the issues here..

Order placed on 5th July
Leadtime stated as 3-5 working days
Booked gas fitter 2 weeks later
Order confirmation arrived - item out of stock, 10-14 WORKING days for delivery

Called customer 'Service' waited 20 mins on a 08444 number - which is chargeable!!!

Asked for a manager and got told, he 'may' call you back, but don’t hold your breath.. he refused to speak to you!
I then asked for a refund as they could not process my order in the stipulated timeframe as advertised

I had to EMAIL cancellations with a full description!
Really? in this day and age..
Ok.. So I emailed them
Got the automated response
7-10 WORKING DAYS to process a refund!!!

Emailed again asking if they had EVERYTHING needed as by now I had read all the reviews on this company, and was getting a little concerned

I emailed EVERY week asking for an update - NOTHING, not a singe reply, nothing

I gave up, contacted trading standards and opened a case after the 7-10 working days had elapsed and no refund had been processed

I Also contacted my bank and raised a claim under the 'charge back scheme'

I then, called the 08444 (chargeable) number one last desperate time (waited 18 mins)
The chap I spoke to was really helpful and apologetic
Later that day I got an email from Cancellations, apologising for the delay, informing me my refund would be processed - No date given

It arrived 3 days later
Order placed 5th July
Order Cancelled 8th July
Refund received 25th July

This is not service, this is sharp practice in order to extend a companies Cash flow - this is the behaviour of a company with no capital to pay for stock

AVOID, Be wary of and do your homework
Pay by Credit Card if you don’t heed any of the warnings you have read, and still want to place an order... because with this type of practice, I doubt they will exist much longer

The owner of the company isn’t interested in communicating either, I tried, nothing!
Dear Sir,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the service you have received from Powerdirect, as this is not the level of service we aim to achieve with all our customers' experiences.

Unfortunately at point of order your product was not been held in stock. The product was listed as 'Special Order' which mean we will order the item from our suppliers once you have placed your order with us. Occasionally there can be a delay in receiving the stock into our warehouse for despatch but we always strive to fulfil our orders as quickly and professionally as possible.

I have also escalated your review to our senior management in regards to your other concerns in which we will endeavour to improve on in the very near future.

Please accept our sincerest apologies once again as this is not the level of service we strive to offer our customers.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY
I ordered a washing machine, delivery initially indicated 7/21 days.

After six weeks and no definite delivery date, I took their option to cancel.

Refund indicated 7/10 days.

NO REFUND RECEIVED AND NO RESPONSE TO REQUESTS FOR ACTION.

West Yorkshire Trading Standards and my Bank given all communication information.

DO NOT RISK DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY
Good afternoon Mr Brothwick,

Firstly I would like to apologise on Powerdirect's behalf for the service you have received from our company in regards to your order.

Occasionally there can be a delay in receiving the stock into our warehouse for despatch but we always strive to fulfil our orders as quickly and professionally as possible. However, as we can see, this simply was not the case with your order, to which we can only apologise.

I have escalated this to our cancellations team and can inform you that your refund has already been processed and should be back in your account shortly.

Apologies once again,

Powerdirect Team
The item was packed poorly with very little protection and was delivered damaged. I emailed Powerdirect within minutes of delivery and have received no response to my further emails asking for resolution.
Good afternoon Mr Ritson,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused with your order. We always aim to give our customers the best possible service but unfortunately this does not appear to have been the case with your order.

Our aim is for all orders to be packaged securely and should always be well protected, therefore I shall raise this with our despatch department to ensure this does not happen in the future. I will also escalate this to our services team so that you get a fast, satisfactory resolution to your problem.

Apologies once again,

Powerdirect Team
One star is too many. Absolutely shocking company. Told lies all the way through. Ordered a fridge freezer in November. Like everyone else, no communication unless I phoned their premium rate line. After 3 weeks I cancelled the order as they couldn’t tell me if it would ever arrive. Ordered from another company and received in 3 days! Excuse after excuse for when the payment would be refunded. Would be still waiting for a refund (a month later) but went to my bank who raised a dispute through visa. NEVER EVER BUY from this company. Any positive reviews are most likely fake. With a bit of luck, trading standards will shut them down!
SHOCKING when i placed the order i had been told 2 to 3 weeks , 7 weeks later and constant calling still nothing every time i rang all i was told next week, so after 7 weeks i cancelled the order the guy who i spoke too said i should receive my money back in 3 days nothing so i emailed asking were my money was and i relieved and email saying they had changed there finance dept so the money couldn't be sent back to the card (even though they could take it from there ?)they asked for another bank account and still no money has been returned , i now have to go to my bank on monday and ask them to get involved totally shocking company i should have listened to the reviews on other review sites ,will never buy from this company again ,so buy from this company at your own risk
Dear Mr Mortirmer,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the obvious inconvenience and poor service you have received with your order. This is never the intention of Powerdirect and we always aim to offer our customers the best possible service at all times.

I will escalate this to our service department and directors to look into the reason why this has happened so we can assure our customers that this does not happen in the future.

Once again please accept our sincerest apologies for the extremely poor service you have received.

All the very best,

Powerdirect Team
I still haven't received my order and it's now outside of the given delivery time
Good morning Amie,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused with your order. This is not the level of service we aim to offer our customers.

I will liaise with our despatch team and couriers to try and track where your order is, as our records show that the item should have been despatched a week ago. I will also escalate this to our services team as to assist is this being resolved quickly and efficiently.

Apologies once again and we will aim to have this resolved very shortly.

Powerdirect Team
I ordered an electric hob, and after 6 weeks of waiting, and numerous promises, I decided to cancel the order. Two months have gone by, and I am still chasing my money. In addition, they seem to invent non existant depatments that need to be emailed. So far I had 3 mails that were direcing me to yet another department that needs to be mailed. I am contacting my credit card issuer to report them.
Good morning,

First can I take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience you appear to have been caused.

I have tried to look into the records for this order and unfortunately you have not quoted your order reference so I can only see a brief overview of your order.

Due to the availability of the product you ordered there was a delay in delivering your item which I can only apologise for, this was due to stock availability from our suppliers. We did keep you updated on delivery dates etc. once the item was available to despatch.

Our services / cancellations team would be only too happy to help you if you still have any further issues.

Please accept our apologies once again as this is not the level of customer service we aim to offer our customers.

Powerdirect.co.uk is rated 4.55 based on 450 reviews