Powerdirect.co.uk Reviews

Unit 8, Overland Park, Gelderd Road

Powerdirect.co.uk 5 star review on 14th June 2018
David Gibbons
More Photos & Videos
Very happy with product n service thanks
Ordered a freezer online with the covid 19 restrictions in place. Delivered the same day. Fantastic service as we had been without a freezer since March
Ordered a product and shortly after received an enail to ask if I would be at home for sane day delivery. Quick service, cheap delivery, couldn't fault anything.
PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING FROM THIS COMPANY!!

We ordered a fridge freezer for £1,650 as part of our kitchen renovation, this was just as the country was placed into lockdown. As a result of the lockdown the kitchen fitters can't start the job, because of this we had to cancel orders for several new appliances, one being the fridge freezer with powerdirect.co.uk.

I was asked to email my cancellation request to them, which I did immediately, I then got an automated response saying the request would take 5-7 working days, this isn't a problem and I was happy so far, I still wanted to purchase it from them and had every intention of doing so once the lockdown restrictions were lifted.

It is now 18 working days since the cancellation and I still haven't had a refund, not only that but they will not respond to any of my emails to the cancellations department.
I decided to test them by emailing them from another email address querying a very expensive 85inch TV from their website, as I am looking at refurbishing that room next, guess what.....they replied within 5 minutes, who'd have guessed it right? So I replied to their email and also asked if they could take a look at my cancellation request as it's been going on for some time, they answered stating they didn't work in the cancellations department, that's fine can you just send it over to them and give them a polite nudge...NO!!

This company is basically enticing you in with low prices to get your money to raise their cash flow, take a look at their website, they have virtually no items in stock.

This is bad trading practice, I'm now going to start legal proceedings, not only do I want my money back but I also want to ensure this company can't rip people off like they are trying to.

I will come back and update this review once I have more information but please, in the meantime, do not be tempted to order from this shambolic company because the price is lower, it's lower for a reason. Read the reviews on here before making your mind up.

I will be contacting Trading Standards today.
I ordered a Stoves electric range cooker on 28th December 2019 , on the 7th Jan I received an email to confirm this item was out of stock and would not be sent out until February.

I decided to cancel the item and request a refund as we needed the cooker at an earlier date.

I completed the refund request forms a number of times , each time being told the refund would be between 7-10 days.

It is now 15th April 2020 and I am still waiting for the refund of £‪1787.49‬
The customer service from Powerdirect.co.uk is appalling with no responses to my emails or update on my refund.
I would strongly recommend not using this company.
Have sent email after email about my damaged item no response am now taking legal action very poor service
Good morning Mr Hill,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the poor service you have received from Powerdirect. I will escalate this to our services team as a matter of priority.

A member of our team should be in contact with you within the next 24 hours.

We can only apologise for the inconvenience caused as we always aim to offer our customers the best possible service and after sales support.

Powerdirect Team
Ordering via the website was easy - contact via email was maintained and my order was delivered on the date stated. Happy Customer - Many thanks
Was looking for a Samsung upright freezer and they offered the best price with free delivery. Item was delivered in a couple of days and is working fine.
Great quick delivery! Very pleased with new russell Hobbs kettle!
PowerDirect were very punctual in confirming our order. Alas that I where it stopped. We still haven't received the tumble dryer that was ordered on 13th November. The delivery company have been so aggressive whenever I have phoned them to arrange a revised date as their very short notice of a six hour window next day couldn't be met due to hospital appointment. Very aggressive when ever I phone and was told that " If I didn't like it when they couldn't predict a delivery date then I was to complain to PowerDirect". This I have done in an e mail today. Awaiting their response, and awaiting delivery. Very poor service. Sad to say as P/ Direct are usually very good.
Good afternoon,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the lack of service you have received with your order. We will be escalating this issue to our couriers as this is unacceptable behaviour on their part.

A member of our services team will contact you shortly to assist in resolving the matter.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies as this is not the level of service we aim to provide our valued customers.

Kindest regards,

Powerdirect Team
Excellent service. Saved money the delivery arrived on time and they were very helpful. Recommended!
From ordering through arranging delivery to getting the appliance the procedure was seamless and the price was very competitive.
Everything was exactly as I was informed timing of delivery was slightly ahead of schedule but phone call before arrival made everything perfect
Will shop again
Happy with item purchased and delivery.
Really good service, good price, fast and efficient, Thank you
Fast delivery and a very good product! Thank you, Powerdirect!
Very quick service
We are thrilled with the oven we purchased, it was such a fantastic deal! The delivery given was well communicated, and the delivery man very accommodating and helpful. Would definitely be sure to use again and recommend! Excellent product as documented, and far cheaper than anyone else could offer!
Excellent service. Very quick delivery. Competitive price. Hassle free delivery at the time and date specified.
AWFUL -READ REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING (PLEASE)
Please note, this company ‘invites’ you to leave a review here, so its not a true account – Check Trustpilot!

I'll keep this fact based, so emotion does not cloud the issues here..

Order placed on 5th July
Leadtime stated as 3-5 working days
Booked gas fitter 2 weeks later
Order confirmation arrived - item out of stock, 10-14 WORKING days for delivery

Called customer 'Service' waited 20 mins on a 08444 number - which is chargeable!!!

Asked for a manager and got told, he 'may' call you back, but don’t hold your breath.. he refused to speak to you!
I then asked for a refund as they could not process my order in the stipulated timeframe as advertised

I had to EMAIL cancellations with a full description!
Really? in this day and age..
Ok.. So I emailed them
Got the automated response
7-10 WORKING DAYS to process a refund!!!

Emailed again asking if they had EVERYTHING needed as by now I had read all the reviews on this company, and was getting a little concerned

I emailed EVERY week asking for an update - NOTHING, not a singe reply, nothing

I gave up, contacted trading standards and opened a case after the 7-10 working days had elapsed and no refund had been processed

I Also contacted my bank and raised a claim under the 'charge back scheme'

I then, called the 08444 (chargeable) number one last desperate time (waited 18 mins)
The chap I spoke to was really helpful and apologetic
Later that day I got an email from Cancellations, apologising for the delay, informing me my refund would be processed - No date given

It arrived 3 days later
Order placed 5th July
Order Cancelled 8th July
Refund received 25th July

This is not service, this is sharp practice in order to extend a companies Cash flow - this is the behaviour of a company with no capital to pay for stock

AVOID, Be wary of and do your homework
Pay by Credit Card if you don’t heed any of the warnings you have read, and still want to place an order... because with this type of practice, I doubt they will exist much longer

The owner of the company isn’t interested in communicating either, I tried, nothing!
Dear Sir,

Firstly can I take this opportunity to apologise for the service you have received from Powerdirect, as this is not the level of service we aim to achieve with all our customers' experiences.

Unfortunately at point of order your product was not been held in stock. The product was listed as 'Special Order' which mean we will order the item from our suppliers once you have placed your order with us. Occasionally there can be a delay in receiving the stock into our warehouse for despatch but we always strive to fulfil our orders as quickly and professionally as possible.

However, as we can see, this simply was not the case with your order, to which we can only apologise.

I have also escalated your review to our senior management in regards to your other concerns in which we will endeavour to improve on in the very near future.

Please accept our sincerest apologies once again as this is not the level of service we strive to offer our customers.

Powerdirect.co.uk is rated 4.63 based on 432 reviews