Poundstretcher Reviews

35% of reviewers recommend Poundstretcher
11AM
11AM

Tell us how Poundstretcher made you happy

"Last Saturday I popped into their store on London rd, Brighton for sniffle tablets. Lights on, A board in pavement, I entered the store, made my way to the meds aisle, started browsing when a youngish girl approached me and politely advised me they're close! I duly made my way back to exit doors which was locked, cleaner looked at me amazed, called out to back of store, a lady appeared, immediately said; "where you come from? We've been closed 30 minutes, don't you know that?" I replied; "Obviously not" and started to explain what occurred when she abruptly and rudely retorted; "I should be checking your rucksack" to which I obligedly replied; "no problem" and started removing my rucksack from my back, when she realised her threat had backfired, she relented and started mumbling "in this instance, you can go" as if shes doing me a favour. As I've worked in retail during uni days, knowing how desperate shop staff wants to get away after closing times especially on Saturdays, I insisted, she should check my bag to be absolutely sure I've not nicked anything, and beckoned both of them to follow me to the counter by the tills so that I can empty my entire used sweaty gym kit for her to enjoy! Well, now she's trying to persuade me her "threatening" search is not necessary! The cleaner, realising my double bluff politely apologised humbly. Next time high street shops takes the easy option and blame online options for decrease business should perhaps look into their own attitudes why shoppers prefer more "non human contact" forms of shopping. I for one will NOT be using this store and most probably boycotting this chain henceforth."
Are you Poundstretcher? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"all the staff seem to have some sort of special needs, mental issues of some kind."
"Tried to get refund after being overcharged for bird feeder. Unpleasant and unhelpful member of staff (West Auckland branch) refused saying she needed to see bird feeder. Hubby said it is in the garden with birds hanging from it...feeding."
"Horrible dirty store in Grimsby unhelpful staff unfriendly just cheap tacky stuff"
"I live in Syston. New store is OK. Employees are great except for today. I understand the store closes at 4pm on Sundays. I stopped in at 3:50 and a young girl sees me walking up and locks the door. Then says through the door.. "oh, I've locked it". Proceeds to walk away. I will never shop there again."
"I visit the Scaborough store on a regular basis. I am very impressed staff who work there. Always happy to help and service with a smile."
"There is always clearance stock that is very cheap. You can find items for every part of the home- kirchen, bathroom, living room etc They always have lovely candles and decorations The prices are great They even have well priced vaping items"
"new store in Dronfield great offers friendly staff and always lots of stuff"
"very scruffy and my brekfast was dissapointing as i asked for toast and it was stale also not very good parking"
"fat too much fat"
"I bought two small Hyundai heaters from this store around christmas time, both were meant to have trip switches, in the time it took for me to leave the room and boil a kettle my living room was ablaze, i have been into the store several times who have'nt managed to contact their bosses, I have tried e-mailing, had no replies have tried phoning several times leaving messages as there is never anyone in the office,i am now having to replace my carpet. my rugs, and a wooden wall unit,this is a disgrace am a carer for a gulf war veteran, and can ill afford this extra expense,the staff were lovely and very concerned for my welfare"
"To be fair they have now put all their out of date bb items in a very prominent place. Store still a bit scruffy but staff are lovely. Must have been my email."
"Beware of this company. Went into the Dover, Kent, one today and bought a twin pack of Mr Kipling sticky toffee puddings which were well over three months past their BB date. No mention of this company selling out of date stock anywhere. So what you need to ask yourself is....is it company policy or is it a local problem. Lots of past BB dates are okay to eat, but you must state they are out of date surely, if by this much."
"I am disabled and find walking through the store very difficult and I have found all the staff so helpful they go and get what I want from the store pack it for me and then carry it out to my disability scooter. That is so much help to me and they need praise for to them is a small act but to me is worth its weight in gold Thank you"
"Well for starters they have a variety of merchendise so you don't need 4 stores for your day to day shopping as they have it all and fair prices for all. I would Highly recommend them to anyone."
"Picked up two jars of curry marked up as 2 for £1, when I got to till I was told it was £3.05!!"
"Their prices always make me happy."
Poundstretcher is rated 2.41 based on 17 reviews