Poppy's Picnic Reviews

of reviewers recommend Poppy's Picnic
Due to my doggies both being the hardest dogs to feed I’m on a journey this year to try to find something they Like and actually eat it! I’ve tried all the tricks, and have improved considerably with one. Butternut but not enough to be satisfied, So I’m trying raw food. My elder dog has been fab but the 1 yr old isn’t so easy. Just like his dad used to be! a few mouthfuls one night then stops or smells and backs away. Hand feeding works but won’t do continuously. However it’s the best start so far compared to others. Still too early to say.
Hi Lara

Thank you for this review.

We are pleased to read that so far things are going well.

Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Debs and Popp
Merlin and Guinever have always eaten raw starting with other brands for the first year then cooking and pressure cooking for over a year eventually we came back to raw and poppies picnic for the last 4 years. Guinevere and Merlin had puppies and we weaned them on raw with advice from Dylan. I am so so glad Dylan fund raised through the internet and we became share holders and feel part of a great team. Long live poppies picnic and can’t wait for the biggest share holders summer meeting in his back garden with all the doggies. Many woofs all the Alexander’s
Hello to all the human Alexanders and a big woof to Merlin & Guinever

Thank you for a pawesome review . It makes us super proud of everything we do.

So pleased that the dogs are enjoying their food and the benefits are shining through.
We are pleased that you chose to become a shareholder too!
This means Poppy's Picnic can continue to grow whilst improving and making a difference to a dogs life.

A big thank you from us all!!

Debs and Poppy
My two cocker spaniels just love Poppy’s Picnic food. Ive never seen two dogs eat with so much enthusiasm!
Hello Lindsay

That's great to hear. All that lovely fresh food going into their little tummies.
It sounds a little bit like Hound Quarters at feeding time.

Thanks for the lovely review.

Debs and Poppy
Product is excellent, and always arrives fully frozen as promised. It gets delivered on time, and at home or at our holiday caravan when we are on holiday. But these are only words from a human. Our Cockapoo, Bailey, has the only option that counts. He relishes his raw food, and devours it with glee. When meal time comes, he lets us know what time it is as if not to let us forget. He never did this with his kibble, and he only ate it under sufferance. Can’t recommend Poppy,s Picnic enough, and neither can our Bailey.
Dear Brian & Bailey

WOW! Thanks for a lovely review.

Your home sounds like Dylan's when its feeding time for Poppy and her daughters. Dancing around the kitchen!

We are so pleased that Bailey finds our food just pawfect!

Debs and Poppy
Jessie loves the food and I love the service but you really need to address the amount of plastic you’re using John Gray
Hi John & Jess

We are so glad that Jess is loving the food and you find the service good too.

This makes us happy and puts a smile on our faces.

You are absolutely correct about the plastic.

It has taken us a while to find a fully biodegradable tray that doesn't leak and looks good too. Our new packaging is now ready and will replace our old black trays very soon. You will be thrilled when you see them too! Please hang on in there for a little while longer.

Debs and poppy
On the plus side, Poppy's Picnic provides a no fuss ordering process, prompt delivery, and leak proof packaging. Taste and texture wise, my dog, who's particular about a few things, rates the food. However, Poppy's Picnic is very expensive. Food in this price bracket is usually Free Range, Organic or Wild. The meats used in Poppy's Picnic are none of these things. To be fair, the macronutrient balance of the meals looks fairly good. Too many companies use cheap, fatty cuts at the expense of protein. Others drop their production costs by using formulations that are high in green tripe. Poppy's Picnic is not one of those companies. Despite having people with Nutritional knowledge on board, the meals do not comply with minimum nutritional standards, set by FEDIAF, which, set the bar quite low. I do recognise that unlike many companies who produce raw pet food for the UK market, Poppy's Picnic do not mislead customers by labelling their food 'Complete and Balanced,' or worse 'Nutritionally Balanced.' This is in their favour. They've got a good product, that could be great if it was formulated to be nutritionally complete.
My Dog is very fussy and found it very hard to find something he would take too he loves his meatballs it is eaten as soon as its in his bowl long may it continue as I was getting so frustrated trying to find something he likes
Good selection of different meats, though would like to see a turkey or duck option. Dog obviously loves it all.
Hello Anonymous

Thank's for your feed back.

We are currently working on a list of new proteins and I'm pleased to say that Turkey is one of the ones we are looking at.

Watch this space for further news.

Debs and poppy
Maisie sends heaps of thanks for her woofalicious meals.🐕
Delivered on time and both dogs really enjoy the raw food.
My dogs love your food and I wouldn't want to change it. I have issues with your website (that you keep changing) I don't have enough freezer room for 32 packs and the drop to 18 is not convenient, I've ordered other sized packs before but couldn't find how to on your recent web pages. At the moment I'm going for an 18 pack and adding other food so I don't have to pay more for extra deliveries. Why have you excluded our choice for pack size?
We love the quality of the product. Are there any plans to reduce the level of plastic. Could the food not be vacuumed packed? I hate those tray.
Good quality food . Georgia my cockerpoo is very fussy but is eating much better now. She still needs a but if encouragement sometimes but does eat the raw food from poppys picnic without to much hesitation.
My dogs love it, all the flavours. Very convenient and easy to serve up. Every scrap is eaten and bowl licked. 4* this time as a few packs had splits in the trays but think this is down to the distribution and not Dylan and his pack. Will definitely buy again.
Hi Neil

So pleased that your dogs are wolfing down our tasty food. Its always a lovely feeling when you can serve up a bowl of pure raw happiness to our furry friends!

Every pack is looked at before it is boxed for delivery. Maybe something happened in transit?

Please let us know if it happens again.

Debs and Poppy
A excellent product. The only down side is responsive childish reply like sorry we are walking the dogs and poppy could be chasing rabbits etc. Please be more professional and not treat me like a child. The only other negative is the black packaging which cannot be recycled. Having said that it is a excellent product
The process was really good for ordering food. I was only upset with DPD delivery time first time round because I got the order delivered to my work because I wasn't going to be in during working hours and it got delivered at 9pm at night when my work was locked up. The staff over at puppys picnic where great though they rearranged the delivery for a better time the next day and only 1/4 of the order was defrosted. all in all its great value for money, and of course puppys picnic have nothing to do with prioritising DPD deliveries.
Hi Stephen, Glad you found it easy-peasy to order and that we were able to help you out quickly with rearranging the delivery. Great to know that the food held its own! DPD know that our food needs to be delivered same-day as it's perishable goods and will always go out of their way to deliver, which unfortunately might be late on in the day. If this would be a problem at a workplace, we'd suggest at least flagging this in you order notes, or to guarantee it will be received, order to a home address such as a family member or neighbour's. Much kindness to you and your pup.
I like the product but I like my dogs food in 500g boxes. For me your containers are to small.
Hi Rowena, Glad to hear you like the product and clearly would like more of it! Our Mince currently comes in 450g packs, so only a little short of 500g, but we'll be looking into bigger packs in the future.
Dogs enjoy the food
Great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to review
Ok, so being new to ordering from Poppy's Picnic, I didn't anticipate the size of the packets for the freezer, so a big rejig happened... lol On the whole, so far (only just been 3 days)... Molly (6 month old Dachshund) has taken really well to the swap, in fact she loves it so much she licks the bowl clean, again and again. And she loves her Ox heart treats.
Aw, Tracey, so glad to hear Molly loves our food. Sorry it wasn't clear about the freezer space. Since your review we've upgraded our website with pictures advising on freezer size and how many packs will fit, so hopefully that will help others going forward.
Not yet fed to dog but expect it to be enjoyed
Poppy's Picnic is rated 4.90 based on 905 reviews