Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

James Gibbons
Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
More Photos & Videos
The technician arrived when I was told he would.
He did a good job, however drilled into the incorrect section of the wall, left a nail and pieces of cable lying on the driveway.
Arriving at the installation was great thereafter not so good. The installers appeared hungover and disinterested. It was also fitted poorly with no thought to the amount of cable and where the holster was fitted which leaves the cable flapping unnecessarily.
The initial process was really good, online forms and easy to navigate and was processed quickly
As I pointed out to the installer, he had wired it into the night heat circuit which is wrong and not what I wanted.
It would take a simple rewriting of the tails to correct but disappointingly he didn’t have time to do it on the day so I’m awaiting details of a return visit
My Pod Point was fitted
didn't make me happy, just pleased got what I ordered
This would have been 5 Star as the installer was brilliant but Pod Point passed the incorrect information onto him for his initial visit meaning installation had to be put back by 3 weeks.
When an installer actually turned up the experience was as I expected it should be. 2 no shows for installation with no call to advise me they weren't coming. Disappointing that I had to do all the chasing.
need some one to come out and explain how to use it
Actual installation was well done
Ben was incredibly polite, communicated his arrival time and explained everything he was doing and how the point worked brilliantly.
Initial phone calls to purchase were excellent, as was the installation by Craig the electrician. However your scheduling dept was awful. I had to post on social media to get to speak with someone to arrange a date, although Natasha was very helpful once contact was made, Pod-Point needs to address this failing.
It Took 6 months from order to installation which is dreadful, however the engineers were excellent and did a very tidy job, ladder provided wasnt needed
I was very impressed by the installer, Ben. He was friendly, installed the pod point expertly, and explained very clearly how it worked. I was much less happy with the process up till then. It was sometime before Pod Point got back after I had signed and paid up. It also took a lot of pressure by emails and phone calls before a slot was given for the work to be done. It would be a good thing for customers to be contacted immediately after they have signed up with an explanation of how long the process is likely to take.
Engineer was full of cold/flu and had to cancel the previous day's appointment; understandable in the circumstances. Unfortunately, on installation, the PCB was found to be damaged and had to be replaced with one from another Unit. The serial number of the board was not updated on the system and therefore only charged at approx 1.2kw. Support were good in getting it resolved, but it took two days and several calls before the engineer confirmed the new board number and enabled the settings to be adjusted to where they should have been. I've rated this as acceptable as the process from order to install was quick and we currently have a PHEV, but had this been after the full EV arrived, it would have taken 2 1/2 days or so to charge; that would not have been acceptable!
The engineer was excellent and flexible in supporting the experience. However what was a problem is the head office had clearly booked the installation with the engineer but not confirmed it with me. I was at work when I found out about the engineer coming this morning. Luckily, I had family available who were able to support.
The extensive form filling was complicated and not explained properly prior to payment. Natasha helped me to sort eventually.
Engineer was on time and pod point fitted within the allocated/advised time. However the engineer failed to discuss the positioning of the cable to the property and failed to seal the cavity surrounding the cable despite me asking twice if this could be done. I asked if he could ensure that the cable cavity was sealed to prevent infestation of wasps, bees etc. and to ensure that during freezing weather that damage was not done to other pipes in the property, or during excessive rain similar to that which we have recently encountered that water does not sleep into the cavity.
On reflection, I believe that it is only right that this matter should be rectified as soon as possible and I look forward to hearing from in due course.
they didnt
The install went great and the installer was very helpful.

The order process was great.

The whole grant OLEV experience I felt could have been dealt with better as I felt that after submitting the order I was bombarded with Questions, photos required and proof of car purchase and this could have been dealt with from the start with a crib sheet on what to expect and what was needed to obtain the grant this I felt was obstructing the flow to obtain the grant.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 14,795 reviews