Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

James Gibbons
Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
More Photos & Videos
Long delay for fitting, poor response to emails, no confirmation of fitting time
Not happy with the location.
Was told they cant put anywhere else.
Not yet received email about how to setup on my phone app.
I paid in November it took 2 months to get it fitted.
Disappointed:
1. As promised should have had a call confirming date of installation within 3-5 days but had to repeatedly chase for a date
2. Installer keen to getaway and did not test pod using car leads, when I charged car afterwards it didn’t work, had to call support who said pod connection is faulty And will take 3-4 days for someone to come out to fix, what’s the point of having it installed and it doesn’t work ?
3. Installer did not explain anything after installation except refer me to a page on the booklet, when you webpage states that installer will go through this incl app downloads etc
4. Installer ok but some areas more interested in doing it his way
Took around 4 months from initial contact to installation (can’t recall exact dates). Lack of responsiveness from sales and other staff, I had to do all the chasing (several times). It was almost as if you were not interested in a sale.

I was told that the installation was non standard as I needed more than 15 metres of cable, I was asked to estimate how much. I measured approx 25 metres. Someone should have been sent to do a survey - this should always happen for non-standard installations.

Finally when the installer arrived (Mark), he told me that the office admin team had underestimated the time required for the job, so he may not be able to complete it as he had a second job on that day. I spoke to Freddie in the office and he informed me that the actual cable length was 31 metres so I had to pay a further £95 before we could proceed. I had little choice and had to pay the difference. The installation ended up costing me around £500 - almost double what I had originally thought. Not pleased.

Eventually after some persuasion on my part, the installation was completed on the day - Mark was excellent, really polite and a competent installer. Thanks to him.

However, overall my experience was very poor. I work for Jaguar Land Rover and I know many of my colleagues will be looking to install wall boxes in future. I will of course tell them of my experience and inform them if they wish to go with PodPoint, they should be prepared for delays and recognise that it won’t be a very smooth process - I would advise them to consider alternatives or if they prefer to go with PodPoint, then start the process (very) early.

I hope you take the feedback in the way it is intended. I want to ensure that you modify your approach so that future customers do not have to suffer in the way I did.
The charger doesn't fit the car
Fitter / Engineer (Ian) was excellent, my App doesn't match to the exclusive number on the Pod Point and I have reached out for support. It took 6 weeks to install which is not acceptable when I was told 7 - 10 Days.
Cost £165 extra for extra electric cable and hours work still managed to complete job quicker than normal ? Not value for money
Poor Communication from the company, no telephone call backs as promised. On occasion no return emails. Took 8 calls to arrange installation. Had to consistently chase to complete purchase.
It doesn't work and nobody has replied to tell me when it will be resolved
The first engineer called in sick and I got a call ten minutes before they were due to tell me they weren't coming, after I'd arranged my working day around it. The next appointment they could offer was 9am, 10 days later. The engineer didn't turn up till 11.15am, after he was supposed to have finished, and then took nearly 4 hours to finish the job, which scuppered my plans for the day. In his defence, he was friendly and professional and seems to have done a good job.
Well, I called at the time of installation & talked to Ben, when I placed the order I missed the lock & sent a following email within 5 min (which it seems you have a note of but took no action? I also informed you that the 6mm armoured cable was supplied by me (15M) as I have an electrician working on site and it suited me so all the inlets to the hose were made together. On the paperwork I was still billed for 15m, Ben offered a logical solution: credit the cable re-invoice the lock - this was not possible, he asked for this to be authorized - this was deigned, also I was not granted access to the person who could make this decision, so now I've over paid for the cable and I have no lock. Please resolve this. The installation is only Ok, this could also not be resolved with the fitter.
Uploading pictures are the initial form was not eay….it took 4 attempts. I requested help but never got an answer.
When the fitter came to install the pod, my details had not been forwarded so he had the wrong material and insufficient materials so went away.
I was then advised of an increase in cost. I called pod point another 4 times with no response. I then did get a response eventually about a month later. This could have taken a day to sort out.
Really lovely and helpful engineers (David first two visits and Craig for the third visit) but unfortunately the first two charging units were faulty. Third time lucky! Hopefully there will be no problems going forward.
The actual electrician who did the installation was fantastic. I couldn't fault him.

The experience of interacting with pod-point and arranging the installation was horrendous. You could send an email with a query and a month later there would still be no response. Communication is not their strong point. They also managed to send me the wrong invoice at one point.
Required multiple visits, electrician and builders/diggers not communicating with each other and resulted in different opinion/plan as to how to proceed with the installation. Circuit breaker not available during installation so following this, required 3 more visits before everything was complete, as when the breaker was finally available it turned out to be the wrong product ordered and would not fit into my fuse box. So in general just poor communication. I ordered this in May, first engineer came in July, and it was finally done in December.
Survey instructions were performed and forwarded but engineer still not able to complete work on date agreed as he had not received the information. Then took another two weeks to get a new date.
Responses to technical support issues are too slow. You cannot find out enough information about your own charger and how it's performing without contacting support. The home charger still isn't charging at the rate it should, even after being in contact with their support teams. The app doesn't accurately report usage, still claiming that many of my charges were free (for which it insists on congratulating me). Other review sites of Pod Point also tell a very different story to this site, which I feel is a more accurate reflection of this company.
The pod point has not been fitted properly. The top of the pod comes off because it has not been screwed on - this means the wires are bare and I can't get the plug out
Installer skills using mini trunking were rather poor. If the cable was to run along any of the rooms, I would have not accepted the job. Installers need to realise people homes are not construction sites.
Once I had payed for the install all contact stopped.
Took 3 weeks to get a date for the install which is not a problem it was just that no-one would reply to me.

Actual install appeared to be fine but the unit would only charge at a trickle rate.
Again no-one would speak to me about it or answer emails.
After 5 days someone finally replied and remotely activated the unit but only because I said I wanted a refund.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 14,570 reviews