Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
Awful. Lead into using these via KIA dealership. It has been a nightmare. I have to be honest they were very efficient taking my money. I've changed my armoured cable, changed a consumer board and now when finally they turn up the instal they main circuit breaker needs to be changed even though my electrician has certified it. And Pod point can apparantly disconnect the pod point remotely. That worries me. Why should they have control of my equipment? Never respond to my emails. Awful. Now they left without me being connected and no istruction on use other than here's a booklet.
The reason for the low rating is due to the initial survey carried out by your engineer calculated a 30 metre distance from power to the charger which generated a large bill.
I measured it myself and the actual distance was 20 metres
the ordering process was a nightmare
Impossible to speak to someone before I ordered the pod point and then one mistake after another after that. Installation itself was done well.
Initiall application easy but somehow from ordering in June it took until midAugust to fit. Fitting and delivery slot as promised good job
The install team were excellent, professional, tidy and wearing all the right PPE.
Unfortunately the 'business' side of dealings leaves a lot to be desired. The costs associated with the process are exorbitant but we were forced into using Pod Point by our parent company.

Even on a personal level the quote for my home charger was £909. I manged to get a Rolec installed (non-smart) for £245 (second hand from eBay and my own electrician)
So my advice is don't be swayed by the professional schmooze. Look at realistic local fitters
I had my installation 3 days ago and cannot yet charge my car which is fully electric because the unit keeps tripping. I've done a manual reset with POD Point over the phone which didn't work. I'm now waiting for an engineer to come out which may take a few weeks!!!! I paid upfront for the installation and am now in limbo. Not good enough POD Point.
Long wait for installation, had to chase up on numerous occasions, no one ever got back to me when they said. Seven weeks late but the installation fitter was friendly and polite.
The engineer seem very rude. He also did incorrect wiring. Very dissatisfying.
Great looking product, but terrible customer service re scheduling as although customer service staff friendly they didn't have any influence over installation scheduling and queries. Good installation from local installer. Product looks very good and wi-fi connectivity for fault diagnosis a big prsopective plus.
Don’t know where to begin as I am too angry about it. No wifi connection, Pod Point set up in wrong place and it doesn’t even work. Even tripped the electrics. Useless!
Ground work team did not turn up on the day, so Pod Point rescheduled to the week later. When they did arrive they only spent 2 hours doing the work even though we had to pay £800 in advance for a full days work (£800 for 2 hours work is a complete rip off).
When the engineer arrived the next day to fit Pod Point, he immediately asked my wife to use our toilet (this not compatible with the current Pod Point emails explaining their COVID-19 policy). Overall we are unhappy with the whole experience.
Just tried to use my charger for the first time and it does not work. Not happy
This is probably the worst company I have ever dealt with. There were countless issues I faced when getting the pod point installed at my residence. I wrote a long complain back in 20/09 for which they didn't even bother to response.
I am surprised to see 4.7 rating on this website. This can not be correct. I have all the documentary evidence to confirm all above.
Please avoid this company at all cost if you want to avoid endless hassle.
Nice people but they installed the wrong charger and won't reply to my emails.
It does not work.
Unfortunately I was not at home to test and on my return the red light appears and despite numerous on and offs it stays on !!
Fitter Tripped the house alarm, went off after 20 minutes. It’s now dead, will have to pay now to get it working again. I had to email to add the charger paired to my account as it wasn’t set up right. The locker casing I paid for wasn’t set up as it was apparently out of stock. I have to await for it to be fitted. I’m not overly happy with my experience as I had to come out of work to support the wife and my three year old boy who has sensitive hearing, when our alarm was blearing. However I rate one star. As I feel it was less than satisfactory.
Having spent more than £500 contracting my own electrician to install the cabling because my meter is more than 10 metres from my garage and followed instructions from PodPoint on cable type and installation I found on the day of installation that my electrician should also have installed a Cat5 data cable alongside my data cable which now means that I now have to arrange for additional drilling, holes and unsightly cable through my home. I asked PodPoint if they were going to cover the additional expense of doing this given that they'd failed to inform me of the need to install this cable and was hoping that they'd get back to me while my charger was being installed so that it could be done there and then by their contractors. Unfortunately, 24 hours later I still haven't heard from PodPoint and have a working charger that is neither compliant with the requirements for the government's charger grant and can't receive software updates until the the Cat5 cable is in place. PodPoint also failed to inform me that my charger would need to be connected to my wifi network in advance of my installation so I am going to have to fix this myself. As a director of an estate management company on the large housing development on which I live I also asked PodPoint if someone from their sales team could advise me on a suitable solution for charging provision for numerous homes that have off-grid car ports or parking spaces rather than garages but didn't hear back, so will go elsewhere. Their installation contractors Energise were very helpful and courteous though.
Not happy. Charger disengages before battery is fully charged. Mobile phone software completely awry - does not record times properly, recording of charge session duration are seemingly arbitrary - can only access the monthly menu - weekly menu inaccessible etc...
On the day of my installation Pod-Point's sub-contractor, Energise Energy Solutions, were fantastic however the five month period prior to that between ordering my charge point in January and the eventual installation were pure torture.

Lockdown from late-March obviously played its part in the delay but for two months prior to that, Pod-Point's scheduling and customer support teams were polite but very hard to contact, never returned calls and several promised installation dates cancelled at very short notice. They may be better now - I hope so.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 20,166 reviews