Pod Point Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited
Over a week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
3. How was the installation on the day?
the ordering process which include the Gov. grant form completion was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. Two aspects in particular. Filling in the grant form online, with Docusign. Never used that before and assumed that MY signature was required, not that it was an automated process .Nothing like my signature,,what was the point of it then? My order form from Howards was not acceptable and the Hyundai official form came too late to have the pod installed when I received the car. This should have been made clear to me at the start. The whole process clearly showed ups the limitations of Email...a phone call would have cleared many things up very very quickly. The Person at the end go the email line tried her best. WILL NOT RECOMMEND PODPOINT
3. How was the installation on the day?
We have had the pod point installed but apparently our water is not bonded so the pod point has not been switched on. This should have been flagged clearly up front so we could have dealt with it during the delayed with installation. We now need to track down an electrician to do this. The installer was apologetic but we currently have a pod that we cannot use.
I have just had a Pod Point charger fitted at my home. The communication pre installation was awful. They let me down on the day of installation after waiting in for 2 hours, they called after 2 hours to say that the engineer has to go to another job. They installed the unit when I wasn't there, so couldn't test it. When I went to use it, plugged it in, and after the car had charged, I couldn't get the charger out of the car. I called their call centre, they left me on hold for 20 minutes, then cut me off, call back the next time, the same occurred. Emailed them, no response. After 12 frantic calls, eventually they said they would call me back, NOTHING. I found out eventually that the charger is not compatible with TESLA'S even though they state this - AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS - THE COMPANY IS A DISASTER AND WILL NOT SURVIVE IF THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS THIS WAY
3. How was the installation on the day?
Having paid £250 for a 7.5m tethered unit, we are not too happy to have a tethered unit with a short cable attached. The electrician, Graham was extremely nice and apologetic and it is not his fault. It has taken months to get to this point and it’s still not right!
3. How was the installation on the day?
Everything except the installer on the day someone eventually arrived! Feet dragged, appointment missed and now the pod will charge but not release from the car without me tripping the fuse. I shall now have to stay at home for a fourth visit (1 missed). At the very least I expect your engineer to arrive with a free, longer cable upgrade, to go somewhere towards compensating me for wasted time and frustration involved Frank 07747863398
The Pod Point was not installed properly. The technician installed all equipment in the meter box, rather than separate to the meter box. This has meant that smart meters cannot be installed until Pod Point rectify the issue. Despite being chased several times Pod Point has failed to provide a date to rectify their sloppy work. The issue has been unresolved now for over a fortnight. Not to be recommended.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The engineer didn’t arrive during the scheduled slot. When he did arrive the cable length he had was too short so had to go out for more, the Pod-Point unit had to be manually updated and despite his best efforts for over SIX hours he had to leave the unit uncommissioned as a required software update had not been installed. Pod-Point were fully aware that it was a 3 phase installation and I really fail to understand why a newer, and updated, unit was not supplied. I have absolutely no problem with the engineer who did his best to resolve a frustrating situation and the actual fitting and cable tidiness could not be faulted.
The Installer scuffed my bumper and promised a call back. He used a 20amp instead 40amp fuse in circuit breaker. Charged me for 7.6 kw charger and the put a 20 amp fuse Called numerous times and promised call backs. Very bad service rang them three time. They said someone will be in touch but no one called been a about two weeks still waiting.
I have now been waiting two months for a quotation. The survey was done on 3rd June and despite several emails to the survey team manager and customer service, not one response. I used them before and they were great. Obviously not managed as well and I will let staff know at my company know to look elsewhere, as they obviously don’t care about the customer. All the reviews on here praise the installers but not the organisation. They need to wake up and get their house in order
3. How was the installation on the day?
The fitting itself and Dominic was great but your service leading up to it was absolutely awful. You cancelled an appointment a few days before after I booked time off. You didn’t confirm the follow up date despite me chasing by email and phone 4 times. No one picks up the phone and when I phone out of office no one calls back. I’ve done two complaints and no follow up. You are very quick to take the money but service setting up has been awful. I would like some compensation.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Installer would not take a few centimetres of trunking to the corner of a wall so the room looks nice & neat. He installed trunking right through middle wall. Very bad customer service very arrogant.
DREADFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. First visit the POD unit being installed in our meter box broke so the inallatiion could not be completed. Second visit the engineer turned up hours late and then a faulty pcb in the POD meant the unit did not work properly. Third visit the engineer sent a text saying he was running late but did not arrive at all. Now four days later, after three emails with no response at all, I am still awaiting a new appointment to complete our installation. Absolute Shambles. Cannot recommend under any circumstances.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Took nearly one month to arrange the installation. Installed the charging unit so the cable isn't long enough to reach the car! Will it take one month for them to fix it?
3. How was the installation on the day?
Not impressed at all with the whole installation process. The engineer has damaged our garage roof, holed walls where it should not have been and overall wiring looks shabby job.
3. How was the installation on the day?
It’s not working? Despite my vehicle being on the drive during the installation, apparently checking that it was charging the car wasn’t of importance? Clearly the engineer wanted to get off home early.
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
The companies business terms are that you have to pay 100% up front, which always rings a warning bell for me as it leaves you the purchaser completely at the mercy of the service provider! pPor initial response in trying to get an initial appointment. They failed to keep repeated promises to ’call back’ before eventually giving me an appointment 2 weeks in the future. Instalment day arrived and could only be 99% completed because the engineer did not have the necessary equipment to finish it off. Promised that he would return in the next couple of working days. I then got another email giving me another appoint 2 weeks in the future. This appointment took place yesterday and I finally have an operational power supply for my new Kia e Niro. It is clear from talking to their very pleasant staff, that they don’t really have the necessary staffing to service their contract with Kia and their engineers are rushing around the country trying to meet demand. I would definitely choose a different supplier if I ever have to go through this again.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The unit was fitted on 20th May and is unserviceable (does not work). I have now sent 2 E mails and phoned on 3 occasions (waiting usually 10 minutes on each call). I am now told that the unit cannot be replaced or repaired until 29th May. That is 9 days after the installation. Suffice to say that although I have been promised a return call, no one from Pod Point has contacted me. This is just not good enough and the response from Pod Point is poor.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Lot of mess created by installer. Pod point charger is not fitted where I wanted this. Engineer was going to leave on the day to book survey but me waiting long as it is couldn't wait any further came to an agreement with the engineer tk install where it currently is.. Engineer made mistake on first fitting came back second time to rectify. There was two holes from first visit I explained they needed to be covered engineer used silicon to fill the whole which I believe is not the right material. Finally the account was not set up properly I do not have the WiFi set up to my account
was a great experience ordering and the installation also went smoothly. however pod point are abysmal at handling a fault with their charger they have failed to even acknowledge it despite 4 telephone reports and a written complaint to which i never got a response over a 5 week period. so if you want a ev charger that you can rely on, you need to be wary and i certainly regret getting a home pod point charger
3. How was the installation on the day?
The simple 2 hour install took 5 hours to install the wrong charger.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.72 based on 10,081 reviews