Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Russell Clark
Pod Point Limited 5 star review on 4th February 2020
James Gibbons
More Photos & Videos
Filling in the forms was not straight forward, I had many attempts before getting it right. In particular it would have been helpful to be able to speak to somebody. The process was anonymous.

The installation process was excellent and efficient.
Interesting fitter sent to me! Who insisted on it would be a trip hazard where I want it installed (considering I never use the gate and it is only me that uses it seemed pretty idiotic!) I get there are guidelines to be followed but really??
I also wanted him to keep my front door closed on working within my property because of animals and it took several reminders for him to follow this simple guidance!!
Install was spot on and Ben was great. Scheduling team. Wow what can I say. Rubbish
Website and ordering process was easy; grant application less so. Installation was shoddy - debris left internally and externally, large hole in wall not filled in and the wrong unit installed.
The cable has not been concealed at all, even though 3mt are supposed to
be included. Not a very neat job. Not very satisfied.
I'm awaiting the engineer to return to fit a backing plate inside my fuse board - he ran out of time - please advise when this can be done.
Pod point themselves I feel are money grabbers as they told me I needed an extra person and ladder which was going to cost an extra £165 but on the day the guy showed up (who was excellent) and said you don’t need a ladder this is easily done without.
The physical installation went well. Though the installer was worried about the clicking noises the box made when starting a charge. Now I worry about it - and I don't know why.

Communication from Pod-Point wasn't great. There were long periods of silence where we didn't know e.g. if we'd filled the forms in correctly. Since they take your money up front, I'd expected a phone call now and then to unblock things.

They did their best to accommodate our need for a mid morning install, so appreciate that. And everyone was very friendly on the phone when I eventually heard from them.

Now struggling to get the Pod-Point app to accept the Pod-Point charger serial number, so that I can use the app. Not working.
Seemed little knowledge from pod point themselves regards requirements of electrical needs in the shed.

Installer on the day was exceptional, thorough, quick and efficient.
Our initial application had to be redone by phone and email, due to pod-points temperamental website. A subcontractor to pod-point confirmed an installation date and time, but no one turned up and if it wasn’t for us contacting Power EV multiple times, there would have been no notification that the engineer would be there that day. A revised date and time was agreed and installation completed. Connecting the pod-point to the internet wasn’t possible, following pod-points instructions, but somehow pod-point support was able to do this remotely!!! I’m now able to charge my car and monitor the cost.
The purchase and installation were great, getting an appointment was a massive issue though.
The charging unit was supposed to have included a locking key. It still hasn't been delivered even though the installer promised to request delivery and I've also chased up.

Not great
After a poor start with ordering, once I managed to make contact, everything went smoothly. The installation engineer excellent
I was disappointed by the booking experience. The initial email had said that I would hear within 10 working days about an appointment to install. Several days after 10 days had elapsed, I contacted Pod Point and was told that the installation had wrongly been rated as difficult for Covid. It appeared that only by my contacting Pod Point was any action taken.
we
It would have been helpful to have more of a steer about the type of route to choose (e.g. to suggest routing as soon as possible to the exterior of the building) because as customers we have little idea of the practicalities, and we may mistakenly choose what seems to us to be a sensible route. This wastes everyone's time, in terms of sending emails, photos and scoping visits.
The installer who came (David) did a very good job. He was punctual, polite and informative.
Slightly system driven with limited “personal touch” Efficient ordering and installation scheduling. Installation very polite and helpful but finish quality a bit below par
Initially all went well, with the online application a little complex due to the need to upload photos, but easy enough.
However, on the appointed day for installation, despite giving fa full description of the lay-out in the application, the installer hadn't been given adequate amount of wiring, so it was postponed. This was then complicated by the Covid epidemic, so the process eventually took 5 months. My need was not pressing, so it did not inconvenience me, but if it was required to use the vehicle that would have been catastrophic.
The delayed installation went well.
However, the paper information given for its use following installation bore no relation to what was there, and I could only proceed after being guided by the helpline, the number for which was in small print at the end of the complex technical information pamphlet, not the user friendly colour booklet. All was well in the end, but if I was short of time or patience, the process could have been problematic.
As it happened, my requirement for the equipm
First engineer who came to site had not seen the photos I sent so he could not complete commissioning. he was not informative nor friendly. Eddy who came to complete the work had not seen the photos either.

Emma was very friendly and helpful in the beginning of the process.
Disappointing to wait four weeks for an appointment. On the day the installation went well.
Installation was very good. Found some of the questions on the form confusing
Looked like the process was going to be pretty painless from the website but...

Pod point process is pretty complicated, if you don't have the best digital skills or patience then maybe try elsewhere. I feel like they need to find a way to collect all the OLEV grant info in a user-friendly way and then just send you the forms to sign after in a single echo sign. Instead you have to do x, y and z tasks and if you do it wrong they go back and forth. I found it a bit of a faff.

I also found their communication to be lacking, I sent emails and had no replies, was promised callbacks that were never received on a few occasions. On some POD point emails it literally says "reply directly to this email to avoid delays", so I did, but nothing. I messaged them via Faebook messenger and then they started paying attention and several operators said "because you've been on social media I will escalate your case", which I found a bit distateful.

Only when I said I wanted my money back, and 3 or 4 rounds of telephone ping pong was I finally given an installation date. I understand they may be busy but all I wanted was a date, even if it was weeks into the future. Only after pressure and persistence did I get a date.

My boss ordered one on the same day and he is still waiting over 4 weeks later.

The actual installer was very good, fast and tidy work, explained how it all worked and showed me what to do etc. Got a text an hour before he arrived and he was in and out in the slot promised, so that side of things was spot on.

All in all I think they could do with streamlining the data collection and entry process and just work on getting install dates confirmed with people sooner rather than later. Customer service and communication could be better, but installers clearly know what they are doing.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 17,304 reviews