Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

James Gibbons
Pod Point Limited 4 star review on 4th February 2020
Peter Cox
Long-winded procedure
Long wait for installation date
You missed first appointment
Had to wait another 3 weeks
Call centre slow to answer and staff surly/disinterested
Engineer did NOT call on day of installation until at my home
He then failed to screw on the face plate on the podpoint.
The fitter arrived promptly and is a nice guy. However, he didn't bring his own extension lead so had to borrow one. He didn't seal around the hole he drilled through the cavity where the cable came through meaning when it rains, water can get in, and air flows through all the time. He didn't tidy up in the house very well - he left bits of broken brick on the floor and cable off cuts. The strain relief for the tethered charging cable is only done up finger tight and the lock isn't installed straight.
Having said that, the fitter was under time pressure as when he had completed the installation, the unit didn't work and he had to call someone for assistance, they suggested changing the charging cable, and then the PCB. Once the PCB was changed, it then worked.
I was told to arrange tunneling so that charger can be installed, I was given specifications and I did exactly according to specification provided. When engineer came he was unable to pass cable through tunnel. After that there was no response and after that I had to ring and send emails to get what is next step. e mails I received were quite abrasive that I can go and arrange another company to install charger; that meant further delays. Eventually I was give option that if I can pass the cable through tunnel they will come and install the charger. Cable was send and it tool five minutes for me to pass the cable which their expert engineer could not do such a basic job. It took another two weeks to engineer to come and install the charger which was fine. Job was eventually done but overall experience was not good and rather frustrating throughout.
I was not able to register the podpoint using the app and it has been 10 days since i raised a support ticket, i have not received one call back. Also, I cannot see any lockbox installed. I was told that i will be given a refund as the installation became simpler than what was initially estimated. No correspondence on that too. All in all not a great experience
The installation was postponed 2 days prior to scheduled installation. I was offered an alternative 2 weeks later when I would have been away. I had to opt for a working day and lost earnings because of the rescheduling.
Communications were difficult, often ignored, and required chasing to get a response.
Installation was terrible. 2 holes in the wall where the installer drilled in the wrong place. Paint work scraped and messy that I’ve patched up. External wall also has 2 holes in it where again drilled in the wrong place.
Not hugely impressed at all.
After the initial application the installation became very complicated.
Dealing with Freddie Brownsmith was not ideal.
I was advised that after sending photographs that the pod point could not be installed from the fusebox in the garage. I informed Freddie that there was a single freezer plugged in when he asked and he informed me that this would reduce the charge to 3.6kw and that I would have to run the pod point from my mains elec box.
I was charged £162.50 for additional work to complete this. I tried to pay via a link that failed and Freddie takes a long time to respond to my emails.
When the engineer arrived yesterday he could not believe what I had been told and that it would make no difference to the charging capability and the work was not required. He then fitted a universal charger which he told me the office had informed him this was what I had ordered. I then had to find my confirmation email to prove this was not the case.
The installer was very good but then had to return with a tethered charger several hours later. I spent the entire day waiting in.
I rang the office and spoke to someone as I wanted to have confirmation of my refund and ask why the wrong pod point had been installed (as by this point the engineer had not come back).
I was told Freddie was currently on a call and would call me back ASAP, but no phone call.
Eventually I received an email to which I responded that I was waiting for a phone call. Still no call just an email. I now have to wait 5 - 10 days for a refund, and was told the installer had made the mistake.
I could not recommend your company at all.
The original information from head office was poor i.e. We ran our own cables but they did not say we needed another signal cable from incoming supply to pd point.
Your back office support is very poor, the manager assigned to liaise with the installation was inaccessible, unresponsive and when challenge contradicted what your helpdesk advised me.This all lead to large delays.

However your frontline team, in particular your installation team today were excellent, courteous, efficient and a shining example of good service.
Podpoint spent around 3 months asking me to provide photographs of various electricals. They would ignore my emails,sometimes taking over a week to respond. My charger took 4 months to install from the time of payment,and that could very well be only because I kept calling to find out what was going on
It took ages to get an appointment for installation where the contractor turned up. When he did he did a good quick job, but I can't get my home charge point onto my Pod Point account and have had no responses to my requests for support. Not great customer service other than from your sub-contractor, I'm afraid.
Engineer could not connect to Wifi and afterservice is very poor as they have failed to respond to this problem. Its been 5 days and no reply to two emails.
The time
It took ages to get a date for an engineer was just utterly ridiculous. Office never called back when they said they would and I spent months chasing. Not good service at all. Engineer was good. Arrived on time and worked hard. He also tidied up.
The young man who came to install was pleasant and helpful-I have no complaint about him.
However,the phone was cut off - at first we thought it was a general failure but B,T, came out and foundthe phone wires had been cut.They were repaired very quickly.

My main complaint is that it took four weeks for you to send an installer out,during which time the battery had run down - I had parked my car out of the way and couldn't move it to the Pod Point - I had to get the A.A. out to both move it and charge it - I do think you should inform your customers of the danger of leaving a car uncharged for so long eventhough it has not run low.
Installer did not fit the cable the route I proposed, but instead did a long winded way with lots of trunking around skirtings and door frame.

In addition he made a hole approx 2inches wide in the hallway and damaged new skirting but hid it after realising he did not need it. I only found out after he left when I went to move things around to clean up. Completely dishonest and unacceptable. I left a complaint with pod point over the phone and was never given the promised call back or email.

More importantly, I never received any building regulations electrical certificate!
Whilst the installation planning etc went well and the installer good I have two observations,
1) After Rob left site I noticed the CT Coil locking clip is inadequate to keep the coil closed over the power cable it is monitoring. I have fixed this using a long Tie Wrap. My understanding is this will monitor the maximum power and prevent overload, without a good secure clamp the monitoring could be ineffective and cause over heating of the house supply power cable.
2) Whilst I appreciate drilling a neat hole in the house front brickwork is not easy it would a much tidier job if brown sealant were used or better still fitting a low cost plastic burst wall cover plate that matches the colour of the brick.
The installation was great, Jonny from Swaffham let me know when he was arriving and fitted the home charger with no fuss at all. The bad bit was after paying online it took four weeks to be informed that the Nissan offer was for 3 months only, though the website did not warn of this. Then after paying the extra, I was informed that the installation team would contact me within 5 to 7 days. After a week I called and was again told the team would be in touch. After another week I was told the same then after another week I was told there had to be 2 electricians and one was sick. But only one was needed. Original order was 4 November, installation was 14 January. I nearly cancelled the order to go elsewhere, but I had so many problems with family matters that I did not have the time.
The installation is a mess, I have not had any safety certification and the unit did not work once installed
Left a cover of a junction box loose and stuck on with electrical tape. Not safe nor satisfactory
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.70 based on 14,692 reviews