Pod Point Limited Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over A Week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
The ordering process was a nightmare. Podpont keep on coming back and asking for more and more information for what should be a simple application. It took weeks and weeks to get the application processed.
The installation day was very good.
Install went ahead OK; however, when the vehicle was plugged in to charge it the red fault light came on. Phoned the help line and logged the fault, but 3 days later have heard nothing back as to what Pod Point plan to do to rectify the problem so that i can use the unit.
COMMUNICATION GOOD WHEN YOUR ARE ABLE TO SPEAK TO THE RELEVANT PERSON ,WHICH WAS DIFFICULT.
DAY OF INSTALLATION POD POINT PROMISED TO DELIVER SOLO CHARGER . CAME THE FOLLOWING DAY THEREFORE,INSTALLATION WAS INCOMPLETE. CHARGER CAME FOLLOWING BUT NO LOCK.
Had to wait a very long time from my order being placed until eventual installation.
On the day - the installation was absolutely fine. The lead up appeared very disorganised and not at all customer- centric. I believe that post lockdown, I was just forgotten about until I rang up, months later. Also, to be told I needed to provide a tall ladder, then to have spent £250 on a ladder, then for a local hire company to turn up with a ladder, an hour after your installer had finished the installation - seemingly ordered by PodPoint, added insult to injury!
The dealings with the office were always good and they replied in good time. Unfortunately two appointments were made for an engineer - and they were both missed. The third attempt was done successfully , with a very competent engineer. It was never explained in advance that a earth bond was required for the gas and water pipes. This resulted in two visits from the engineer. The electrician who came to supply the earth bond was surprised that , the original engineer did not do this job. Instead a second visit was requjired and an engineer had to come from Nottingham!!!
The online ordering process was easy enough (or so I thought - see comment below).

The installation was 10/10 - very helpful chap.

The trouble has been with the evidence for the grant. The online order requested details of my lease agreement which I supplied with all the details as requested. Just prior to the installation I was asked to resupply a further copy of the lease agreement and to confirm the date I would be receiving the vehicle (I had confirmed I already have the vehicle when placing the order originally).
After the installation was carried out I have now been asked to supply additional evidence including a letter from the hire company. Why wasn't this requested as part of the order process???
The process before installation was interminable and frustrating. Even then we ended up with an "inspection and installation" appointment on the day after the car was due to be delivered because all the forms and photographs requested were unable to give enough information to permit a confirmed installation appointment. Even then we have ended up with a 3kw installation as nobody seemed able to confirm the rating of the incoming cable. We might as well have just used the existing 13amp 3-pin socket and saved a lot of cash!
A very inefficient organisation.Did not answer the phone.Told us they had everything they needed and then asked for more photos.Far too many interactions to get to confirmation that installation could proceed.They then gave us a date which depended on a part arriving from a third party.It did not arrive on time and when it did it was damaged and could not be used.we therefore had 2 installation visits and a load of phone calls.The part should have come with the engineer.
The communications with the office staff were appalling. It was almost impossible to speak to anyone on the phone, email's went unanswered for days and paperwork/ordering process was painful to say the least. However, the installer that came to fit the Pod was excellent.
Sadly I cannot recommend this company, due to the reasons stated above and, if I wanted to have another home charger fitted I would not use Pod Point and this is mainly down to their terrible customer service and communication.
I waited over 4 weeks for the installation to happen, the customer service before the installation was not great, no responses to emails etc but the engineer who done the installation was excellent
It started badly when the first installer went to the wrong address. The second installation date was much smoother.
Too many cooks and no one claims responsibility. Application process took forever due to their system error that kept declining the approval of my application. I had repeatedly call NHS Fleetsolutions [my primary agent] and Podpoint to make them realise the issue. And yet - they had no clue of fixing their system error.

In the end they outsourced the installation to a third party, confirming their middle man status. I have to mention Mr.Tito Piermarini's kind intervention to process my application. Without his help I would have considered giving zero stars.

In brief, try and get your EV charging point installation by yourself by a local trader. Its easier and quicker. Avoid Podpoint please!!!
The installation engineer Matthew Prior did an excellent job and was most courteous. Unfortunately dealing with Pod Point beforehand was appalling. Yet another internet based company that cannot be contacted by phone and does not respond to emails sent to them either.
I hope nothing goes wrong as I lack confidence this company will be a good partner if and when an issue occurs.
The installation itself was great, the engineer turned up when he said, explained the options, fitted the podpoint and explained it afterwards.
The actual process to get it booked it was appalling, emails not responded to, every time I called I had to wait at least 20 mins and the people I spoke to told me it was in hand when it wasn’t
My original site survey was lost in your system and as it was during lockdown and I was unable to get back to this property to re-do them. Finally we got everything organised and I was given today's date for installation. The chap turned up late and only after I called the office to find out where he was, no apology from him The guy did not have a mask or hand sanitiser and was in and out my house for the fuse box. Very unprofessional
Not happy at all with lack of help and support at pre installation stage. Unhelpful paperwork, made a mistake, and until I spoke with a senior colleague I would not have known that the order would not have proceeded. Confusing post installation paperwork...shambolic.

The actual installation service was outstanding. helpful and useful telephone conversations before arrival at home, nothing too much trouble on the day, and a follow up after installation.
Fitting on day was first rate
Thanks for the mess left behind
Not the tidiest of installations, and currently not working.
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 18,769 reviews