Pod Point Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited

About Pod Point Limited: UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

02072474114

hello@pod-point.com

Discovery House28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy

Over a week
"Having cancelled my order and being informed that I would not be charged I was very angry to find they hit my Debit card in excess of £500 for the privilege. I cannot recommend these people in anyway for anything. They are not honest."
"The installation went well and was quick and easy. However, when we encountered a problem the service was abysmal! The car would not charge and after reporting the issue, it took 4 weeks and numerous phone call, emails and a letter, before an engineer finally came to rectify the problem. It appears to be OK now but we wait to see if it is permanent."
"Not yet installed. Text arrived on day of installation 18th March to say engineer rung in sick. I had arranged for someone to be on site and gave details to arrange another date. No one contacted. I e mailed ALi Huckin who had arranged to original date on 28th Feb. No reply. I called in this week and someone took details and said they would respond. Nothing...."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"The pod point is not working!"
"Absolutely appalling service should you encounter a problem, the pod point developed a blue light which means it requires maintenance, only had the charger installed less than 3 months and for almost a month we have been unable to use the home charger awaiting an engineer. I highly recommend That you find a different company, unless you want to chase them, as your be waiting a very long time! I’d actually wouldn’t even give them 1 star"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Very happy with the installation – it could not be better. However, Pod Point hide behind a CallCenter . If you ring them, you obviously want to talk to somebody. The CallCenter will only take a message and email it across. This may get answered a couple of days later or not at all. As a customer this is very frustrating. I did actually visit the office and once you get to meet and speak with people, the level of knowledge and helpfulness is outstanding.....HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>> SO, now I have the car - collected on Tuesday. Turns out the charger doesn't actually work. Fault reported on Tuesday and we are now going into the weekend with nothing concrete happening other than a suggestion that I turn it on and off again and that they have reset it remotely which has made not a jot of difference. Now wishing I had read other reviews before getting involved with them...."
"Installed incorrectly,engineer rectified Charger stopped working a few weeks later,took a number of calls to get any response and I had to repeat the error and history each time I rang.Front of charger replaced. Wi Fi now not working that allows me to calculate electricity spend,fault reported and no returned call as promised Podpoint very quick and efficient executing the sale but speed of back up so far is poor"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Friendly installer. On time. Quick efficient installation. Only minor issue was that the installer ‘wasn’t allowed’ to enter loft space to run cables. Since installation however Pod-Point has not worked. I have phone 4 times to date, I keep getting told it is being escalated to head office but still not heard back. Poor after care."
"Useless data service, the app shows I’ve not charged up for weeks and weeks, pod point don’t do anything about it! What can I show my accountant now??? Thanks for the rubbish service apart from great at first, taking my money, which that part was great! Rest has been awful, can’t get through to them🙄😡"
"Had for about 6 weeks and constantly playing up, keep complaining and still not being sorted. I keep saying the unit is not right but not changed. Am far from impressed, when you phone up the first people seem to try and get it sorted but they have to report it and whom ever they report it to are not doing anything. I asked for a complete refund before and was told it would not happen so unless a miracle works I will be taking them to court. My recommendation is to look elsewhere because it seems you are very lucky to get one that works properly and from the other posts you will get the same thought."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Whilst the communication I had with Podpoint was good, it was disappointing that (having rubbished Chargemaster’s insistence on a site survey) they suggested that the installation would be easy until I had ordered and paid for the charger. Only then did they insist (correctly) that the installation couldn’t happen until a number of changes had been made to the existing wiring (we already had a charge point for our PHEV but were upgrading to full-electric). Most upsetting, though, is that I paid for a locking chargepoint but was supplied with a different model. I emailed and telephoned about this error but, almost a week later, no-one has yet bothered to respond."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installation process was great, no issues. However the after service is extremely poor. The Pod Point does not work and the excuse I have been given for poor follow up is due to staff being on holiday. I have logged the issue via phone call and email and had no response. After 5 days I called my initial point of contact Kimberley who seemed to get things moving. However the department that should look after my issue, are back in work today and have not received any call. The only thing getting done is a change of cable, in case that is the issue. However after 1 week of installation I have not used the pod point to charge my car. It is in a 3 year warranty and am hoping the process improves. I was even offered my money back before you would look at the issue. This is being paid by a government grant. I have no problem you collecting the kit but would expect my brickwork and electric box to look like it did 2 weeks ago."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Half finished installation. Called numerous times and never had a call back so I’ve been wasted money. Will be taking action to get a full refund."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"It doesn’t work. The light is blue, plug the car in, it turns green 10 seconds later it turns red. Useless."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installer turned up 2 hours late & very grumpy. He refused to start work because "the job would take two days but he had only been scheduled for one day". I had to email his manager (Ali Huckin) who had to phone him before he would agree to start. He then told me he couldn't dig a trench to the location of the POD-POINT because "his detector said there were live cables". I said his thing was bleeping because the main fuse board was just the other side of the wall in a cupboard - and that was where his cable should be terminated. I am 65 years old but I then had to take up my own floorboards and crawl in a void barely two feet high, under my living room floor with his drill, to make the hole through the wall for the POD-POINT cable! While I was under my floor, he dug the pit for the POD-POINT in the wrong place and initially refused to move it because he had poured the concrete. It took another email to Ali to get that sorted. He then got even grumpier when I said I did not want concrete poured over the POD base, but wanted it bolted to a concrete base so it could be removed if necessary when I get my drive re-laid. But when I checked, he had brought the cable up through the wet concrete without any conduit, making it impossible for it to be replaced or changed. In the end, he left after 4 hours - so much for it taking 2 days! The electrician was booked for the next day, but he cancelled 2 hours after he should have arrived, because he had hurt his back. Ali re-booked it for the following week but It was very stressful for me to obtain the extra time off from my employer. The electrician said if the installer had run the cable in conduit through the concrete he could have fitted a second cable to allow sensing of the load and cut off the charging rather than blow the main fuse. He could not do this because of the installers methods. All in all a very unsatisfactory experience, the only good points being Ali Hucker trying so sort things from her end and the electrician trying to do the same, but the installer's attitude was appalling!"
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installation very efficient. Unit does not actually work. Several phone calls and emails but absolutely nobody has contacted me regarding fixing the problem. Oh and I am both a private and business customer of Pod-Point so I would have thought I might be entitled to a modicum of customer after-sales service. Looks like I will have to resort to social media to provoke some sort of response from Pod-Point."
"Had tethered unit fitted, hubby at home to ensure someone in as they asked if they could come earlier than the agreed day that I would be in. Engineer left and I arrived home from work but couldn’t get it to work so in the end I rang the engineer back and he agreed to return. He also couldn’t get the charger to connect properly to the car, it was so tight to get on then had to use brute force to pull it out of the car. He said he had never heard of this before and I suggested that as my lead worked that he turn it into an untethered unit until they could resolve the issue. That was weeks ago, I have been deal with Calum who said he had had reports of the same issue from some of the engineers and they were waiting for feedback from Renault primarily but that they would probably just bring lots of different leads and hope one was more easier fitting. I requested an update about 3 weeks ago and he said his colleague was in leave but that he would get an update but even though I again requested an update I am still waiting. Now I have an issue today where I am unable to charge as it is a static blue light and they have agreed to pass it to a technician to contact me so about 4 hours later I’m still waiting. I have just ring again and had to go through everything again. They cannot confirm how long it will be before I am contacted and they also cannot tell if it has even been passed on to a technician to contact me. What a waste of space this company is, the only reason I went for Pod point is their video about the company’s ethics, righto till they get your money then they don’t give a damn about customer service!! I do not recommend this company at all"
"Atrocious. It had never worked and after reporting it 4 days ago I have had NO response. Dreadful customer experience."
3. How was the installation on the day?
"Installation wasn't completet when the post stop working l called customer service tu book engineer which didn't turn up. No one coll back tu help or explain the reason for not tern up l calld again for explanation and have been promised that someone call back today. Unfortunately there was no reply agein. I have to call my self agein and have book another appointment for the engineer tu come. The was no explanation or apology for the situation. I'm not happy with the service of this company and if this problem want be resolved on Wednesdays appointment I will be forced to cancel this work and request all my money back."
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.77 based on 8,459 reviews