Pod Point Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pod Point Limited
Over a week
Read Pod Point Limited Reviews

About Pod Point Limited:

UK's leading provider of electric car charging stations with over 25000 customers and solutions for home, workplace and public charging.

support@pod-point.com

Discovery House, 28 – 42 Banner Street

Tell us how Pod Point Limited made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Based on current experience I wish I hadn't chosen this company. I have had to chase and chase to get any sort of response from them. It took 5 phone calls and several emails just to get them to confirm when an engineer was coming to do the survey. They say they will be in touch in 5-10 business days after submitting your forms, but they are not and I have spent every day calling and emailing them to try to get a response. My fully EV car arrives in a few weeks and I currently have no way to charge it and am nervous of this company getting anything done in time. Hopefully they will turn it around, but any time I call them they just say they're really busy at the moment.
Electrician fitted the unit today, I then went out in the car and when I came back the unit was no longer working and the company does not answer the phone. I have had to wait 4 weeks and my 3 pin plug takes 4 days to charge the car. This is useless. Audi did not say that owning an EV was going to be such a problem .
My Podpoint isn't working. January 30th I started the process, now the 9th March and I'm no further forward than I was 6 weeks ago. In truth, I'm not even off the starting blocks to get it fixed. Numerous phone calls (a dozen easy) and a few e-mails ..., I'm trying my best to keep polite, but I'm losing my patience with this company. I've never experienced such bad service. The women who answer the calls are I believe trying to be helpful, they say they're forwarding my case, they promise a phone call back from the technical team BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS. My strong advice is don't use Podpoint ..., with a service this bad it is surely going to go bust. They don't deserve even 1 star!
3. How was the installation on the day?
Charger does not work. Starts OK (green light) but cuts out after 10 seconds (blue light with purple flashing light every 5/10 secs). RCD cover (electricity supply box) does not close - snagged on live supply cable due to RCD box being poorly located.
The local engineers that come and install are fantastic (but they are independent contractors). Pod Point themselves are useless. Original installation and assessment for grant took forever and after just two month's use the unit stopped working! Can I get anyone from PodPoint technical to contact me and arrange a repair / replacement? No. All I can do is talk to people in a call centre who say they will escalate the issue - this has been done 4 times now so it should be pretty high - still no contact. It is rather difficult running an EV if you don't have a home charger. In my experience the equipment is not up to scratch and the service from PodPoint is non-existant.
3. How was the installation on the day?
No electrical certificate issued. Brick dust and wire ends not cleared up. Letters on the case are vertical and I assume they shoud be horizontal. The main supply fuse needs to be uprated and no feed back from support as to who should be responsoble for the work. I have contacted SSE who are my network suppliers and say Pod Point should have submitted a ENA form. Contacted support a number of times and I have not had an answer to the problem. The output has been set to reduced power due to the main fuse rating.
I have taken the day off work and waited all day, no engineer, no phone call or any communication. Rang twice and I am still awaiting an answer. Very poor customer service.
Absolutely shocking customer service. I ordered and paid for my Pod Point installation on the 10th of Feb. I received a call from the appointed installation engineer on the 21st but since then not a word. I rang the customer service number on the 4th of March to enquire what was happening with my installation. I was told that I would receive confirmation of my install date by close of business. That did not happen, still waiting!!! Takes forever to get through to these people by phone, they do not reply to e-mails. Don't bother with this lot unless you are happy to wait weeks for an installation date - never mind having the unit fitted.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Engineer phoned beforehand to give his time of arrival. He was polite and professional. The unit appeared to function correctly when he left but when I attempted to charge a Nissan Leaf it switched off after two minutes. I am having to wait more than two weeks for another engineer to come and resolve the problem. I consider this unacceptable service.
They took the money very quickly. Then no communication for 6 weeks Had to phone every week with same excuse . I still have no charger installed and still have had no communication . I sorry to say terrible service
What can I say reported a fast charge unit for damage and after over two weeks it is still damaged and “the part is on order” excuse reigns. Why should we bother with pushing the agenda for EV when clearly this outfit is out of their depth. Plus who ever owns the unit is losing revenue. But then I suppose EDF will use it as an excuse to raise tariffs even more
3. How was the installation on the day?
I booked my installation for the 18th of February and was told the slot was between 11am and 4pm. On the day of the 18th I took the day off work to be available for the engineer. I hadn't heard by 2pm so I phoned up and spent about an hour on the phone, partially in the queue to speak to someone, sometimes only to be cut-off and partly when I was put on hold twice for at least 10 minutes, whilst someone "looked into the installation for me". This was incredibly frustrating and when I finally got taken off hold I was told that the engineer was finishing a job and would be with me in an hour. At 4pm I began the cycle of phoning up and being stuck in a queue and cut-off again (I also sent 2 emails, both of which were ignored.). When I finally spoke to someone they told me the engineer was now coming on the 19th and there must have been a mistake with my booking. I requested a call back with a narrower time-slot and how I could request compensation for the dreadful service. This did not happen. So not only had I wasted a day, I would have to do the same again the following day, which was my daughter's birthday. We then had to reschedule all the birthday plans and stay in the house. I rang again at 9:30 and was told the engineer was finishing his first job and must be on his way to us, which was less than an hour away. Having heard nothing by 11am, I called again and spent more time in the queue and on hold. I did then receive a call from the engineer, who was a breath of fresh air. He was apologetic and understanding. He also told me that if someone had let him know, he might have been able to come on the 18th and that we would not have to be in the property while he completed the work. It was a real shame, as the engineer was brilliant, just massively let down by the shambles of the booking; however the real problem was the lack of communication and misinformation, it honestly feels like the various people I spoke to were just making things up to get rid of my call. All in all I am incredibly unhappy about the service I received. The extra wasted day would be bad enough; but the fact that it all had a massive impact on my daughter's birthday plans has really upset us all. What should have been a special day was very subdued and my mood was not improved by the constant battle with the Pod Point phone system and incorrect information. I look forward to hearing a full response and what Pod Point are going to do to try and rectify things.
Never use this company to install an electric vehicle charge point, I have, to date wasted two days holiday to wait in vain for my charge point to be fitted without success. The first Installer arrived, took one look and declared he forgot the cable required to carry out the job, he cheerfully informed me that it would take two hours to collect from North Yorkshire .. apparently there is no cable suppliers in Newcastle upon Tyne, off he went only to call me 30 minutes later to say the cable had ventured further south Rendering it irretrievable. The second installer arrived a couple of weeks later and quickly informed me he also couldn’t complete the installation as it is a two man job therefore it could not be done. He also said he would need the garage roof boarded and risk assessments and method statements complete. That said he was ok with leaving me the cable to fit, unbelievable yet true. I have been offered compensation For my inconvenience however this has not yet materialised.
3. How was the installation on the day?
The installation itself was very well done. However the lock that I have paid for was not supplied and I am about £200 out of pocket for ground works that I was advised would be needed to feed the cables through between the garage and the house, but which were not needed. The pipe in the channel that was dug on the advice of your office was not used by the installation engineer who used the line of the existing power supply to the garage which is routed overhead
3. How was the installation on the day?
Nothing, this was awful. I will be asking for a full refund and they will need to pay for a decorator. They have ruined my room.
Absolute garbage company, avoid at all cost. After taking out money for our order immediately they have since done absolutely nothing. After calling 4 times and been completely ignored, lied to, passed around we’re going to cancel and go with another one of the many other firms who aren’t completely incompetent. I can only imagine their staff have a running competition of who can be the most useless as I’m sure even by accident by now someone would have been able to do a small bit of their job.
3. How was the installation on the day?
Failed to turn up on day arranged and notify me of this until I phoned to enquire where the engineer was. Left with a podpoint which doesn't work and a long delay before they will attempt to fix it.
3. How was the installation on the day?
2.5 month wait for the installation was disappointing. Despite me submitting many photos into the web app of the cable route, and a Pod-Point survey, the install engineer still arrived unclear of where it was going to be installed. After a few attempts at persuading me to chose an ‘easier’ location, Ben the installer was excellent. He worked hard to get me the install I wanted. £250 for 7.5m tethered cable, and no refund for the 4.8m standard cable is an excessive premium. I was recommended Pod-Point by a friend, but am unlikely to recommend onwards based on my experience.
3. How was the installation on the day?
It took a very long time to get the unit organised mainly because the person who took my enquiry went on holiday for 2 or 3 weeks and no one picked up her workload or emails of me chasing progress, I was forced to call in the end as no one was answering my emails, then it was passed on to someone else and then the same thing happened and her went on holiday ditto happened so again forced to call then I got the paperwork and replied again no one came back to say what stage it was then another week later the questions came back basically it was very poor service all around. On a positive side the guy that came to fit the unit Grant was very good although he was running late from his first job he did a great job when he arrived and the finished job is nice as there are no external cables on the house which was my aim they are all internal to the garage.
2. How was your booking process and slot scheduling experience?
Terrible coordination with a supplier carrying out installation on Podpoints behalf. Three visits to complete works. unnecessary time off work and many trips to charge car at commercial charging points whilst awaiting installation to be completed
Pod Point Limited is rated 4.69 based on 12,337 reviews