Plusnet Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend Plusnet
9PM
9PM

Tell us how Plusnet made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
15 - 16 hours
Avg Email Response Time
Ad Looking for similar companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"Been with Plusnet nearly 3 years, broadband and phone. Wifi is poor to intermittant. All our devices say there is no connection at the same time. Spent many hours even days on the phone to support. Very little sympathy. Some even disagreeable. More than one told me wifi is not guaranteed! Nearly a year ago i tried to cancel, i was advised to upgrade and this would fix the problem. So i did, and it didnt. Service is now too poor to put up with and so i am leaving Plusnet. I have been told i will incur fees for breaking my contract. This is adding insult to injury. They are the ones who have broken the contract, I on the other hand have been paying for Superfast Fibre every month by Direct Debit. If this happens, i will pay the fees 'for breaking my contract' and then take it up with Offcom. Plusnet werent always this bad. Even their lying advert annoys me now. I think they have got too big. Impossible to speak to waiting time hours to talk to someone, no email, chat not working, support staff unsympathetic 'everything is alright their end' when trust me it isnt at all here in my house. Ive had it, its goodbye from me."
Are you Plusnet? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Worst company in the world disgusting customer service they said broadband isn't guaranteed to work hahaha iv swapped to sky and told them what plusnet told me and they said full of rubbish I live in a one bedroom flat my living room is next to to the bed room and I couldn't get any connection phoned them up to many times and still diddent fix the problems ripped me off took me to a debt collector because I refused to pay for the rubbish service so now they will be having 50p a month of me for 60 years the company will go bust by then"
"If I could give no stars then I would. Someone wrongly used our address for a new contract. When we received the letters informing 'the new occupier' about their new contract we IMMEDIATELY informed Plusnet, we did everything they asked us and received email verification to assure us that this error had been taken care off. To our HORROR we woke up friday morning to find phone/ internet dead. Thinking a quick call to customer services should sort this out turned into an unfolding nightmare of poor couldnh't care less customer service past from one department to another every time having to retell the story from the beginning. Put on hold for half an hour.. then cut off. Ring back. Rinse and repeat all day long. No apologies, no help, no offers to alleviate the situation. Just blankly told you'll need to sign up for a new contract and it will take two weeks minimum. Great Plusnet. I'll just lose two weeks earnings because of your sheer incompetence and don't even bother taking ownership of YOUR mistake or offer ANY help in alleviating the problems caused by YOUR mistake. No courtesy calls from a customer service rep to apologise nothing. Having to hound them constantly while they waste away your day passing you around one office to another, putting you on hold, cutting you off, wearing you down. PLUSNET.. We'll let you down..... We'll make you mad... We'll make you wish you chose another damn company to provide you with basic phone and broadband."
"The price was ok. I choose this for a good price, however it took two months to go wrong. my direct debit was taken and it did not get to my account. I telephoned plusnet who asked for proof the payment came out of my account. I sent this , I was told ten working days to respond. after this time, I was told even with the prof of payment . I was told to go away . and my account was now in arrears. I tele my bank , who confirmed payment made. I went back to plus net who would not look into this. I got a bill for the use of my phone, I had paid. After 6 more calls , and my phone being cut off , they took double my useage. then after a few more calls , the money was found in their side account. I was asked to sent 3 months call charges in advance of my account. before they would refund the thirty pounds, my account was paid up in advance. they just could not understand how their own system worked , how to deal with customers. I was told at one point , I was bothering them , and not to ring again. no one could understand how to deal with my problem, they put me in a hard ship situation as money is tight. and I could not pay several other bills. At one time I was over 6 months ahead of my bill. Staff and managers on customer services needs complete retraining in good manners and customer service. they have no idea. still waiting for my refund after 4 months , saying its on its way."
"customer service is worst iv ever seen this company wont call you although they are a comms company if you communicate with this company RECORD YOUR CALLS BECAUSE THEY LIE LIKE WHORES we were told we were owed a refund ,we never got it they decided to send us a bill for £27.50 inc a 25% charge for the debt collectors = a month in advance + they took another month 4 days earlier while we were cancelling then they trolled me on twitter i gave them all the reasons why we quit them on the dozens of hours on the phone ,live chat ,twitter ,their website ect ect This a scam company just go onto you tube and see the people on there who were with Plus net check out other review sites a STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and remember its parent company is BT !"
"You are limited on this form its an either or tick box = how long did it take them to give you a refund ,it just did not include NO REFUND how did you communicate with them = tick box i used every means inc online chat & phone ,twitter but your only allowed one choice Plusnet will by atrician wear you down on the phone =20 mins before they pick the phone up then they pass you around i spend 3/4 of a day on phone ,live chat 10am till 7 pm just to see how far they would go to stop me from cancelling in the end i stopped the Direct debit because it was clear they were incompetent bunch of shysters ,they insult your intelligence and try to wear you down for hours then con you out of money you dont owe with threats This company wont ever phone you they want you to call them and when you do RECORD EVERY CALL because they lie like whores /Harpies dont sign up to these shysters !"
"what a shower of incompetent idiots keep sending bills and threat of debt collection agency after letter from Jo Cousins A Customer Advocate dated 9/2/19 clearly stated that she had closed the account at last as I requested in December I had informed them that my mother had not lived in her flat since September as she was dying with cancer AND SUSEQUENTLY DIED ON THE 18/2/19.Since then more bills and the final insult a letter from Head of Billing etc with the news that a debt had been passed over to Pastdue Credit Solutions possibly a scam or rogue collections agency.When will these companies admit their errors and get their act together .I fell that perhaps in the words of my deceased father the need a few noggins banged together Amen !!!!"
"No internet for two weeks and no end in sight. Plusnet very poor."
"Awful. No services worked, full bills paid without any compensation, they mis sold me fibre which was also rubbish, gave them tons of chances before i left. Now being chased for cancellation fee. I never even had a landline for months"
"Upgrade resulted in no internet for 2 and a half days I am an existing customer and been with them for over 3 years now. When my contract finished, I started paying more with ought any notice or email saying its time to upgrade. When I enquired about it over online chat, they said I can upgrade to fibre and pay less. Of course, I was well thrilled with that and asked what is it that I need to do. This overly confident "advisor" called Dean said, that they will move me to a different plan and I don't need to do anything, and my internet service will not be lost at any point of this move. Also, there is no new route needed, they just send me the text on the day of upgrade and I simply need to restart the current router that I have lol! I thought that’s a bit strange and very cheeky of Plusnet to put a cap on my router and (just in case) asked for my chat transcript. So, within a week and a half, I received a text from Plusnet saying there is disruption with my services, and they are sending an engineer to look at it. I was working from home and my internet was working fine but lost it completely after the that text message. Then, shortly after I received a call from the engineer called Harry Shine and he said that he is coming to fix my internet. I asked him what was wrong with it and told him about my upcoming upgrade (thought it could be related), he said he had no clue in that case and said that it should be working fine for me now, in fact assured me and hang up the phone. I called Plusnet Technical support and they said that my new router was ordered, but then order got cancelled. This person on the phone was rude and didn't really care that I lost days’ work, also couldn't say when my internet be back on and offered me to use BT hub or go to a coffee shop!! I asked to talk to his manager, so he finally scheduled a call. This manager, named - Gareth Nathan from Sheffield said that they don't even have router in stock, and he is not sure how long it will take to send one out. He offered me to go to the shop and buy one, then ring them back to configure over the phone. I simply refused, I have a life to live, not take a day off and configure routers! In the end this took 2 and a half days to sort out. Company is absolute shambles and all the new customers should watch out for they undeliverable promises. If you offer an upgrade, make sure that your customer have appropriate equipment available, before disconnecting them! I was offered £25 pounds to cover the damage, ridiculous!"
"Placed an order with PlusNet for broadband and phone. I was told it would all be in place in 10 days from order. On the tenth day I rang PlusNet who advised that it would be at least a further 2 weeks...I immediately demanded a cancellation and was told that I would be transferred to the cancellation team...After waiting to be answered for over 20mins I gave up. I then decided to ring PlusNet sales team and got answered straight away! I took this opportunity to insist on my order being cancelled and not have the call transferred t another team. This was duly done, now just waiting for my initial payment refund."
"Tried to sign up for broadband. Quickly realised their customer service was appalling. Cancelled the connection before the installation date. 6 weeks have now gone past since cancellation and they have not refunded over £200 paid up front. I call every week, they say they will arrange the refund, then they do not. Muppets."
"been with plusnet for 4 yrs first 2 yrs were great but recently discovered they been charging me nearly double for last 2 yrs. they been giving me every excuse in the book and refusing to refund me and was very rude to me on the phone told them i was disabled and didnt need the stress all he said was DO WHAT YOU WANT YOU NOT GOT A CHANCE. never been treated that bad in my life will never be going back to them even if there the only provider in the world."
"I placed an order for broadband more than one and a half months ago, and today they are telling me that the installation will be delayed even 2 weeks more. They have been playing with my patience by ensuring me that the service will be up and running on the next day or in the next week. This happened to me several times since I signed the contract. I have called many times to the support and the staff keep saying different reasons for the delay. Summary: If you don't want to be without phone/broadband for a couple of months with people constantly lying to you, don't go for PlusNet: Worst service ever."
"Hi just recently moved business premises this company could not provide my service on the new the new exchange so they blackmailed me with threats of debt collectors into paying a £250 cancellation fee for a service they couldt provide"
"Cant believe no one has mentioned how rubbish their wifi router is ? Its an old BT Home Hub 5 old tech now and just rebadged . What a pile of trash . BT Home Hub 6 is the best out their and works on Plusnet too just google it to end your wifi woes !"
"Very unhappy with Plusnet. Had a fully working fibre to cabinet broadband service for many years that stopped working. After many calls and one week later it was revealed by Plusnet that their internal computer system had deleted our broadband. They could give no date for re-connection and we have now been without broadband for 3 weeks and have been told we will get an update in a further 2 weeks time, so 5 weeks in total. No offer of escalation, no offer of a 4G modem. Staff are polite and helpful but clearly their internal systems and policies are not adequate."
"They have been overchanging me a minimum of £11 each month since I upgraded my contract in November. At the moment, I am off pocket £70+ and there seem to be no way I can have them fix it. Every time I open a ticket they say that their accountancy section does not work, and they will open a ticket with accountancy colleagues. Well, it is March and they just set me another overcharge. £15,99 instead of £5, this time. I have paid all my phone line charges 1 year in advance, and I have a deal for £5 a month on fibre, for 18 months. Such a pity, it used to be a good company, I have been with them 10 years or so. But since 5 years it has been getting worst, first for quality of service, then for customer care (they used to be top here on trust pilot) and then accountancy. I do not know what to do anymore, but I promised them that I would write bad reviews on every website I know if they did not fix it this month, which they did not."
"Every single time their system fails to keep my direct debit details for easy payments and instant direct debit on bill due date, then they penalize me for not paying by limiting my connection to barely non existant, as i cant pay until a link is sent to me 2 weeks later, 2 weeks out of a month i get next to no internet, because they cant lock down a direct debit properly (had no issues elsewhere) thats 24 weeks a year i get poor to no connection ... THATS 46% OF THE YEAR!!! ...trust me... AVOID!!! Oh and set up and start up was late and they sent me a broken modem first time round too!!!"
Plusnet is rated 1.38 based on 218 reviews