Plusnet Reviews

Plusnet have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

7% of reviewers recommend Plusnet
1 New Reviews Written
1 New Reviews Written
07AM
7AM
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week

How would you rate Plusnet ?

"Good customer service, good value for money and competitive prices"
"I am definitely not happy with Plusnet. I signed up a a month ago and still do not have a broadband connection. Have to go to local Tesco to receive/send emails. Am about to lose my job as I cannot work without my laptop and cannot work in public space. ‘Help’ line no use at all - they do not listen."
"I have been with Plusnet for approx 13 years, within which time i have started with standard connection and i am now on fibre plus phone line with them. I may have had only 3 to 4 line problems in 13 years, which were sorted out in quick time by Plusnet service. Always curteous and pleasant, in fact, a pleasure to deal with."
"I have never experienced such lack of customer service. I had two numbers with them which i cancelled months ago over the phone, where i was told everything was taken care of. (I cancelled as i left the country) 4+ months later i am still receiving emails about DD payments being taken. After emailing them and answering their security questions, i have been ignored for the past month."
"If it all goes smoothly then it's fine. Their rapid growth means a lot of their staff are not capable of dealing with the unusual. This meant it took four weeks and about 20 hours on the phone to get our broadband sorted."
"Just moved over from Virgin because plusnet had a slightly better customer feedback and the call centre is in the UK but it is the worse mistake ive ever made. 21 days ive been with them and now 4 days so far without broadband. Plusnet say Openreach but Openreach say Plusnet. Plusnet said Openreach engineer came on friday but when Openreach engineer came on Saturday he has no record of an appt. I cant even leave them for another 17 months. Plusnet is a shamble. Dont use them. AVOID AT ALL COST."
"Pity I have to leave any star rating for this company. Got sent a new SIM that 24hrs later is still not connecting and I have no phone service. Customer service couldn't care less. They have 'informed the tech team and it can take up to 5 days for a response. I can't speed up the process'. Mean while their customer has no mobile. Unreal. Was with O2 for years without any issue. Will be going back, if i can manage to get a PAC code of this lot. AVOID!"
"Problems getting connected in new house. Spent literally hours trying to speak to staff in call centre. Staff very pleasant but would rather not have to wait for literally an hour each time I want to contact them! After the second engineer visit my broadband was up and running but I discovered 3 months later that I was getting charged £65 for this! Shocking customer service. I thought they had a good reputation but I was sorely disappointed."
"I've been with this provider for about 8 months now and only use my home Plusnet broadband twice or three times a week as I work away from home.. and I truly regret changing to them! I really should have followed my instincts and checked these reviews beforehand.. even though I am not a heavy user of broadband daily and only use it a few times a week it is so slow and and I am unable to watch a full movie, it takes me at least a half hour longer to watch a movie because of all the stalling and slow speeds.. I've spoke to a few friends with Plusnet and they have said the same thing.. two of them are very lucky.. there contract expires in one and three months respectively.. they are so happy!!! I cannot wait for my contract to expire so I can expel this company from my life!! Imagine the speed I was a daily heavy user of internet? Avoid this company at all cost if you want reliable internet!!!!"
"Internet has not worked properly or phone since fitted. Engineer repeatedly does not turn up wasting my time. Cannot get through to Plusnet without being 40 mins on live chat now or 45 minutes hanging on phone. Disgraceful customer service, terrible company, would not recommend to anyone"
"The worst broadband provider I even had! Keep away from this provider and don't believe their slick TV adverts. Their internet connection is dreadful ! There is no connection during the morning and then connection is sporadic. When I complained they blamed my computer ! Also be aware of the fact that it is practically impossible to leave them within the 14 days as you are entitled by law.And here how Plusnet tie you to a contract: They claim that the 14 days period starts from the moment you sign the contract and not from the moment you receive your service. They take over a week to connect you and them when you discover how bad their service is and ask to terminate the service while still within the 14 days period they say that you need to wait for another 10 days until the system is 'stable'. Having waiting for these extra 10 days and the connection is as bad as before and you wish to leave them they say ' sorry but you have missed your 14 days deadline' I would strongly suggest that before you sign with them make sure that you are aware of this trick and better still keep away from this provider .And at one point the broadband completely stopped working and i contacted their so call technical team after one hour wait on the phone they asked me to change the wall socket and said if that does not work you have to change the router i changed everything and the service did not started they then arranged the engineer visit the engineer cam and he said that there is no fault from my side.After a day the service came back with the same old router and the plusnet asked me to pay for engineer visit which i argued that the engineer clearly stated that their is no fault from my side but they insisted that i will have to pay for those unlawful charges.They provide an absolute utter rubbish service so please stare clear ."
"The worst broadband provider I even had! Keep away from this provider and don't believe their slick TV adverts. Their internet connection is dreadful ! There is no connection during the morning and then connection is sporadic. When I complained they blamed my computer ! Also be aware of the fact that it is practically impossible to leave them within the 14 days as you are entitled by law.And here how Plusnet tie you to a contract: They claim that the 14 days period starts from the moment you sign the contract and not from the moment you receive your service. They take over a week to connect you and them when you discover how bad their service is and ask to terminate the service while still within the 14 days period they say that you need to wait for another 10 days until the system is 'stable'. Having waiting for these extra 10 days and the connection is as bad as before and you wish to leave them they say ' sorry but you have missed your 14 days deadline' I would strongly suggest that before you sign with them make sure that you are aware of this trick and better still keep away from this provider"
"I was with my last mobile phone service provider for 20 years. I thought I would try a change and went to Plusnet. What a diaster...started off okay; up and running in a couple of days but then a week later the service was terminated with no notice. It turned out they didnt like the fact that I had used my company bank account but didnt think to call me and ask for an alternative, just suspended the service. So I contacted them and we resolved that bu tthen the new DD was to late to pay the £10 but they didnt want it now...someone would call me...no call came then I got a suspension of service threat again so I called them (not easy) eventually I paid the £10 by card and explained that perhaps they werent offering the service I require as its all too much hastle so I would like to give 30 days notice to quit. They said that fine but then the following day simply terminated my service with no notice and refused to turn it back on even for the 30 days I had paid for. So no I am stuck with no phone until a new sim is delivered and the PAC code applied."
"I would give it negative stars if I could. It has been the worst broadband I have ever experienced. very intermittent dropping signal constantly. Cannot get through on the phone - only after 15-45 minutes waits and then customer service denies any records of things I have said. The bill just kept creeping up and up. Tried to get out of contract a few times, decided to wait until the end of contract and somehow they still manage to say I owe them as I am ending the contract. WORST EVER - do not go with this company"
"Extremely bad service from Plusnet mobile, very rude staff, can't sort issues out, no experience, take ages to answer the phone, issue still ousanding, take wrong amount of direct debit, email team as bad no reply, told they will answer when they can I was told!"
"Never use this company. They are the worst for service, promise broadband speeds that are unattainable promised 32Mbps and achieved 8mbps. Their customer service will keep you on hold for up to an hour, you will be passed form one department to another and often the wrong department so be transferred again which means another long hold. They make it so difficult to get answers or deal with complaints that they hope you will lose the will to continue to chase for a resolution. I cancelled last night and despite being told months earlier that there was no cancellation charge ( as we were out of contract ) they finally come up with a £30 charge because I was not keeping the service with a BT line. ( they are owned by BT) so they charge you for leaving when they provide an unacceptable level of service, The final straw was them then cancelling the service immediately despite an agreement that it would remain until the 14 day cancellation period had expired which meant we were left without any phone or broadband at 8pm last night. They are without doubt the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to enter into a contract with. DO NOT USE PLUSNET"
"Can never get through on phone to customer service - online chat not working and no response to emails - appalling and will never use PlusNet again. Better deals available from other providers also."
"Really bad customer service. No tickets for service. Have to use chat which is only open during day. If over their low email limit they archive your email wasting your time and theirs as you have to request it to be unarchived. The fact that you reduce the load after they ask is irrelevant if the next time they check it is again over. They do not bother monitoring the reduction in load. Inconvenient, Unhelpful. Don't use"
"""Have just been on phone with plusnet agent who helped my wife get back on line he had the patience of a saint as We r not the best on line my name is Richard hall not giving anymore details but he talked my wife through the process everything back to normal sorry I can t remember his name but deserves a rise in pay 😀😀👍"
""Absolutely appalling service. How can as service provider company operate on this low level of competence is beyond me. I received an e-mail telling me I have overdue cancellation charges to pay. It included a phone number to phone and to settle the changes. I phoned in only to be told that they no longer take payments over the phone. Not a big deal, the automatic answer points me towards a website called plus.net/pay to settle the bill. I type it in and of course it comes back with an error. Left with no other options I am phoning in again, am told the waiting time to speak to an adviser is currently 15 minutes. I have already been waiting 35. Plusnet, I suggest you sort out your service because you will have no customers left. In today's world abundant with broadband companies and choice, you really need to rethink the way you treat your customers.""
Plusnet is rated 1.32 based on 160 reviews