Plusnet Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend Plusnet
07AM
7AM

Tell us how Plusnet made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
Ad Looking for similar companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"Avoid. Swapped to a sim only deal with Plusnet just over two weeks ago, in this time I've only had a working sim for two or three days. Company totaly disinterested, failed promise after failed promise still no working sim. Conflicting advice. online chat rarely works and operatives just cut off contact when they can't answer questions (can't call no phone). Wish I'd never left Vodaphone"
Are you Plusnet? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Plusnet receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Have tried a few times to login but system times me out for no reason at all. Have tried to upgrade my sim using their chat. Got part way with it and they typed we are handing you over to another department. Then I was just waiting 15 minutes. I was typing and no replies. Closed the chat after 20 minutes"
"paid upfront for mobile account, waited 12 weeks for sim to activate and still nothing. fobbed off over the phone saying any day now..... DO NOT go with plusnet. absolute idiots."
"For over a week been getting 0.3mb to 3.4mb Slug Speed Broadband and wait times to get anything done are 60mins ...what small business can wait on hold for 60mins...ITS TERRIBLE ...finally after a week got threw VIA new business customer line and was threw in 3mins SUPRISE not .... then told would reset line and got 11.5 mb straight away YES I THINK but then back to a shocking 0.3mb had to wait ages for this review page to load to be able to leave my disgusted with service review ....SHOCKING dont use if you want to run a business"
"Almost doubled my monthly charge without telling me when my initial contract came to an end- no warning that it was nearing the time to renew. No problems with the actual broadband provided but very long wait times to talk to someone when you need to."
"My sim was stolen, and when I tried to report it plusnet said "our systems are down" so i lost £20 (fortunately I had a smartcap). They sent me a replacement SIM which didn't work, and another that didn't work. I asked for a PAC code - which doesn't work. I'm going to escalate to social media, then ombudsman, then small claims court."
"I have been incorrectly billed, after contacting Plusnet I have received apologies and I have been promised that plusnet will refund me as soon as possible. It has been about a month now and there is no sigh of it . I will take my next step to get my many back."
"Everything from day 1 and it still continues 1 month later - avoid plusnet"
"I won't go into a lot of detail but my experience of signing up for PlusNet Mobile and then immediately cancelling because the VERY GOOD voice and data coverage turned out to be mostly-ZERO voice and data coverage, has been so exasperating and still isn't over. The problem - really lousy customer support, who range from unhelpful to ill-informed. My biggest gripe is their apparent inability to follow up on promises. They are very quick to say something (presumably to get you out of their hair) but then the promised action, call back email fails to materialise. This isn't a one off or down to one individual but appears to be institutionalised across the whole support team. They still owe me a refund of £10, now on my third promise of the refund and confirmation eMail that has failed to materialised. They seem intent on keeping hold of it - must be in a pretty desperate situation if £10 means so much to them. I have always been taught that you should look for something good in all situations so here it is. Next month, when my Sky contract runs out I had been considering transferring my broadband, line and telephone over to PlusNet - looks like I have dodged a bullet thanks to my timely poor experience with PlusNet Mobile."
"Customer service waiting times are a damn joke!!! 50 minutes on the first time i needed them when i wasnt getting broadband on the day the promised. Then 45minutes a couple of weeks later! Appauling!! Employ more staff and make it better!!"
"Very poor internet and slow, poor customer service and if you call them its a 30minutes wait to get through to them. Worse, if you come to the end of your contract the still charge you a cease fee of £ 30, unbelievable, never seen or heard anything like this, to be charged for coming to the end of your contract, its even cheaper to join them than to leave them. I was desperately waiting to finish my contract so I can leave them and guess what am been told I have to pay them for leaving them. VERY VERY BAD COMPANY & SERVICE. TO BE AVOIDED"
"I cancelled my order within days of ordering a package. I even received a message confirming this from your very helpful customer service adviser. However since then I have had two messages telling me a router is on its way for me to begin using Plusnet. This package will not be opened when it comes. I have tried and tried to get through to Plusnet to let you know but I am either told I have to wait on the phone for anything between 20 and 40...yes 40 mins....So I try to text and e:mail but you dont accept these. So I try online live chat but guess what .....unavailable. It seems pretty ridiculous that a company can make itself so difficult for its customers to communicate with. Virgin has its faults but at least I can ring them or contact them online and get a response. Please save yourself the bother of sending this router."
"Instant pick if you call and select new customer. 1/2 hour queue if your an existing customer with a problem. I think that tells you everything you need to know."
"Having signed up with plusnet based on positive reviews, I fail to see where these positive experiences have come from. I recently moved into a new flat and when calling plusnet, was told that there was no active line in the property. I knew that the previous tenants had not cancelled the line so thought this was surprising. I specifically asked whether this would be the case with all providers and was told no matter who I went with, I would need an engineer to come out to re-activate the line. This meant an additional £49,99 as plusnet would not wave the charge. After deliberating on this, I called back the next day and was again told that no matter which provider, the line was cut and an engineer had to come out. I made a point of repeatedly asking and they kept saying that yes, other providers were the same. Believing them at their word, I agreed to paying for the engineer, (even though Sky would have been cheaper) because I was willing to pay a little extra to have excellent customer service. Imagine my surprise to find that there was an active line!! The engineer was equally surprised, said it would be working with another provider and wasn’t quite sure why/how this has happened. When calling plusnet to report this, I was told that this was not their fault but that maybe sky had incorrectly registered the line as inactive. I explained that in this case, their sales agents should not speak on behalf of other providers. I was told that they felt that they were being honest and upfront. I explained that they should not speak on behalf of other providers as this is not correct. Either blame Sky OR align with them and take responsibility. You can’t have it both ways. After a 45 min conversation, Kyle (customer service agent) asked to remain on the line. A while later he came back and said “ I have spoken to several people but because you are already signed up to a special offer, there is nothing we can do except to say sorry”. In disbelief, I asked “so if customers have signed up to a special offer, they have to just accept poor customer service?” I was told “your complaint is valid, we will take your feedback into account and feedback your concerns but we feel we have done nothing wrong and will not offer you anything but an apology”. What a joke!"
"The only way you can get any sort of notice is to cancel the direct debit, norepley to emails calls etc, but cancel the direct debit and suddenly you get text messages emails, and even a phone cal... I sent 5 days trying to tell them I was moving house with no success, meaning I had a month with no phone or internet, promised that I wouldn't be charged for the month however the payment was taken. the speed of the service match their customer service slow and ineffective. Terrible service wish Had never changed to them."
"Tej in Customer Services saved my bacon! We only had one slot that we could be at our new home and after Plusnet changed my time from pm to am, I was panicking as this would mean we would be without broadband for a month. Tej went out of his way to make the engineer aware of our situation and got it set back to our original time slot. Tej-- Thank you so much!"
"Plusnet - a mediocre company spoiling Yorkshire's name. Another service provider took over my telephone and broadband from Plusnet in July. Plusnet acknowledged that I"m leaving but still continued to bill me for the next 2 months. I complained 3 weeks ago, they haven't still refunded the money yet. I sent another email yesterday and I had a reply today. They are sending via cheque within 21 days. In that, why would they ask me not to cancel my direct debit."
"I joined Plusnet and then changed my mind about half an hour later. I called them and cancelled and they said that was fine. Three days later they took £80 out of my account and made me overdrawn which will incur charges. I have tried calling them and tweeting them, but they are refusing to give me my money back. Avoid these crooks at all costs."
"I have just finished upgrading my mobile phone package with Plusnet including obtaining a new sim for my new iphone and I must say the service was excellent and the customer service lady I dealt with was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to. Well done Plusnet!"
"Terrible service avoid at all costs ! They ignore emails, ignore the 14 day cooling off period"
Plusnet is rated 1.33 based on 176 reviews