Plusnet Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend Plusnet
04AM
4AM

Tell us how Plusnet made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
customer service
15 - 16 hours
Avg Email Response Time
Ad Looking for similar companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"Very unhappy with Plusnet. Had a fully working fibre to cabinet broadband service for many years that stopped working. After many calls and one week later it was revealed by Plusnet that their internal computer system had deleted our broadband. They could give no date for re-connection and we have now been without broadband for 3 weeks and have been told we will get an update in a further 2 weeks time, so 5 weeks in total. No offer of escalation, no offer of a 4G modem. Staff are polite and helpful but clearly their internal systems and policies are not adequate."
Are you Plusnet? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"They have been overchanging me a minimum of £11 each month since I upgraded my contract in November. At the moment, I am off pocket £70+ and there seem to be no way I can have them fix it. Every time I open a ticket they say that their accountancy section does not work, and they will open a ticket with accountancy colleagues. Well, it is March and they just set me another overcharge. £15,99 instead of £5, this time. I have paid all my phone line charges 1 year in advance, and I have a deal for £5 a month on fibre, for 18 months. Such a pity, it used to be a good company, I have been with them 10 years or so. But since 5 years it has been getting worst, first for quality of service, then for customer care (they used to be top here on trust pilot) and then accountancy. I do not know what to do anymore, but I promised them that I would write bad reviews on every website I know if they did not fix it this month, which they did not."
"Every single time their system fails to keep my direct debit details for easy payments and instant direct debit on bill due date, then they penalize me for not paying by limiting my connection to barely non existant, as i cant pay until a link is sent to me 2 weeks later, 2 weeks out of a month i get next to no internet, because they cant lock down a direct debit properly (had no issues elsewhere) thats 24 weeks a year i get poor to no connection ... THATS 46% OF THE YEAR!!! ...trust me... AVOID!!! Oh and set up and start up was late and they sent me a broken modem first time round too!!!"
"Service Outages every two weeks, no apologies, no updates, i'd moved from EE, thinking it was the same network, but never had the problems I have since joining plusnet. will be leaving."
"last year they cancelled my contract then put me on a more expensive one this year will not drop prices for loyalty just left me with a rolling contract. all pie crust promises."
"We have been with Plusnet for a considerable while now, and have experienced very few problems. Everyone at home uses the internet, and our broadband is used considerably. We have fibre broadband, and speeds are very good, no complaints usually. Customer service can be slow at busy periods, but staff are always pleasant, cheerful and offer genuine assistance."
"So easy to transfer and good communication via email and phone calls once up and runnin."
"These will not do ya proud, they just take your money, customer service is rude and un helpful, they lie, never go with PLUSNET STAY AWAY.."
"What went wrong with plusnet? Everything. All horrible reviews must be true, after months of battles with that company I just gave up and close my account with them. Plusnet should pay customers for using their services. How it is possible they are still legal?"
"Plusnet claims if you have a fault at the beginning they will release you from your contract. We had at least 5 occasions when the internet went down, they would not release us. They claim to give first class customer service but you must wait between 45 and 75 minutes for them to answer the phone even when both phone and broadband are down and refunds are non existent. They will do us proud YES WE'VE been DONE PROUD!! and we're stuck for 18 months. Go elsewhere they might still do you but not as badly as this lot."
"What a shambles - my previous contract expired last year - Plusnet were looking for a 50% increase to renew so I said I would move service. They then said they would reduce my bill again to stay on an 18 month contract so I agreed (big mistake!). Since then they keep trying to bill me for the price they originally wanted. I have to keep phoning them to get then to correct their system. They keep blaming a new computer system and a whole load of apologies, but reassured me they have now corrected their records and this would not happen again. Today I receive four automated emails from them saying that I had an unpaid amount on my account from Dec last year and that they would be terminating my service and changing me a £227 cancellation fee. So I phoned them again and after waiting for someone to answer the phone they agreed this was a terrible mistake with their IT system, very sorry and this would not happen again. Im fed up with having to keep ringing them so said I wanted to talk to a manager about this reoccurring problems. They refused my request. Considering the size of this company and part of BT, they are running it like a bunch of amateurs."
"They set the timers on their phones to ring after 20 minuets if they pass you on you have another 20 miuet wait if after an entire day you want to speak to cancellations you cant they wont answer the phone i gav eup after an appaling 40 minuets ,when you take a break and go back online if its the evening you get online chat then get passed on to another clueless office worker , you wil get told as i was that the problem is the oublic dont understand how a router works as told to me by a frosty female worker , another one said the problem is you have been with us for 7 years that means your roter is old tech ,tech has moved on since then , then i got the we need you to reprogra the router they left out a part of the inforation when isaid it did not workthey sent e another email with more instruction i stilll coullf not passed sign in ,tried upper case ,lawer case back to font and it was not going to let me in then you plusnet advice like you coulld use a cable yes i coulf but i signed up for a wireless router and the cable is ony a meter long ,you coulf use a tablet yes but it only has a micro b USB you could hammer a phone plug in suppose listening to the low quality of advise to try to get what you pay £37 per month for fade fast you up against an organiasion who dont give a flying reroduction . i wasted an entire day with this bunch of office workers working to their scrips one told my line speed was just under 4 the advertised standard but i checked it with 2 independent sites and they said it was 0.4 going down to 0.1 and 2 what she left was the naught she just said 4 when your up against rubbish llike this its best to forget it and go elsewhere as i did i went to sky and better deal and staill saved £10 per month , Plusnet onlly needs to lookin its own forus to see that there is very long queue of people with the same problem its called Throttling Plusnet denyb they do it but the speeds drop like a brick , i had to buy a bluetooth keyboard and use my mobile phone to get on the net , Plusnet is a prime example of how shambolic a British compnay can get and still keep trading if they were not owned by BT they would have gone under by now !"
"Absolutely shambolic company. Signed up online. Heard nothing. Called up. They said a problem with identifying the correct line. They said it was sorted. 2 weeks before I was due to go live I called up about the router. I still hadn't received it. Thry said I would receive it a few days before going live but there was a problem with the line. Apparently now sorted and I would still go live on the same day. A week before going live I called about the router again. They said there was a problem with the line. Again. Apparently sorted. Router was dispatched.  3 days before going live. No router. Called again. Problem with the line. My current supplier had cancelled my contract. Plusnet cant take over. I have internet. No router. No phone line. Absolutely shambolic"
"I canceled the contract with Plusnet in 24 hours and this happened on November 24th and I'm still waiting for the refund Please stay away from these jackals ."
"This is THE worst company I have EVER dealt with, from day one I have been on the phone trying to get the broadband resolved and their staff just mess you around and tell you the same thing over and over to delay everything so you can't get out of the contract. Pay a little more and get a decent service, I can't watch movies any more as its too slow, my heating won't turn on as it wont drive HIVE, it is cheap and nasty with horrible customer service that is rude and unhelpful"
"I've been trying to solve a problem with the wi-fi for weeks now, after firmware updates were applied to the Hub One routers. It messed up the dual band frequency, meaning that the 2.4GHz signal became weak, unstable and is frequently dropping out completely. After going through a careful process of elimination (inc. line check and new router, etc. etc.), it drives you mad to be asked the same questions over and over again by under-qualified customer service agents who basically fob you off (interference BS) and try to buy the tech team more time to fix it. I asked for a roll-back of the firmware before xmas and I am still waiting. Either they don't want to admit they have properly messed up the firmware for their product, or the team that is supposed to be sorting it is catastrophically under-staffed. If you take a look at the forums, there are loads of customers very upset at being let down and strung along, so my advice would be to steer clear if you have devices that use both 2.4 and 5GHz. A bag of trouble!"
"I've been with PNet since 08, they used to be good with no issues, however recently I've had issue after issue with them attempting to change my DD date to suit. They've put me overdrawn 3 times by taking the payment too early. They've really gone downhill recently. Buyer Beware."
"Well after reading the reviews all I can say really is I am taken back, I have been a customer with P/N for almost 15 years both for my telephone and internet I have to say that I have not had problems at all with the company, the team have always been most polite and helpful, THANK YOU PLUS NET. ********** 10 STARS IF THAT WAS POSSIBLE"
"Have been waiting for a refund for over a month,spoken to their billing department told it would be refunded on the 13th but wait till the 14th just to be sure,still not arrived by the 18th. If you have to have a refund don't hold your breath as your'e in for a long wait!"
"Absolutely awful, 1 star seems over generous. I signed up online to switch to plusnet on Nov 5th, paid an upfront fee that day. Had to ring for a go live date - was given Nov 30th. Didn't occur - rang again and was told technical issues. Rang several times over the next week and was given no further info. Decided to cancel on Dec 7th and was assured the initial payment would be refunded to my debit card, the original payment method, within 3 to 5 working days. After a social media post complaining about this on day 5 I received an email stating that my refund would be issued in the form of a cheque which could take a further 21 days. They're more than happy to take your money but don't expect anything for it."
Plusnet is rated 1.37 based on 220 reviews