Plusnet Reviews

Plusnet have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

7% of reviewers recommend Plusnet
1 New Reviews Written
2PM
2PM
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week

How would you rate Plusnet ?

"I joined Plusnet and then changed my mind about half an hour later. I called them and cancelled and they said that was fine. Three days later they took £80 out of my account and made me overdrawn which will incur charges. I have tried calling them and tweeting them, but they are refusing to give me my money back. Avoid these crooks at all costs."
"I have just finished upgrading my mobile phone package with Plusnet including obtaining a new sim for my new iphone and I must say the service was excellent and the customer service lady I dealt with was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to. Well done Plusnet!"
"Terrible service avoid at all costs ! They ignore emails, ignore the 14 day cooling off period"
"Worst, most incompetent, dishonest company I have ever dealt with. Following 12 days with no service, numerous wasted phone calls and outright lies, I cancelled the contract. They then refused to give me my pack number. Absolutely disgraceful"
"They said they would get back to me Plusnet still waiting decided not to go with them now better off with tin cans and a piece of string thank you for your reviews"
"Same old nonsense with them. I call with an issue, they do the checks, they book an engineer 10 days later no engineer has appeared, I call back in, wait 20-30 minutes, the call drops, no one phones back so I sit back in the same call queue for 20-30 minutes, someone answers and says the call dropped internally, apologises and then confirms that the engineer was cancelled and had no idea why...... So they book another engineer which who knows.... may or may not be cancelled. Ridiculous, moving to virgin as at least they dont rely on someone they have no control over... aka BT!"
"Been with PN for a few years, recently noticed slow BBand speed, supposed to be 55 - 80 mbps and rise in monthly payment for BB and phone line, so called to query, confirmed by customer service and options team who both did speed tests, confirmed low speed at 5 mbps and offered new contract at higher rates than advertised on website. Then Tech team claimed their test returned 65 mbps, refuse to accept other tests as if implying we're all lying! When we started to complain, PN's customer service's overall demeanor changed to the typical no supervisor available, Manager will call back tomorrow etc block came up! Rather childish attitude. We were happy with PN initially but not now as they seem to be resting on their laurels not realising there are other competitors out there with better options and customer service .. Needless to say, we're now hunting to change our ISP asap."
"Signed up to Plusnet after stressful house move, story goes like this... PN - installation will take two weeks Me - OK fine I'll do without phone broadband until then. Installation date comes around and take day of work and wait at home all day. No response, I call them. PN - No sorry your appointment is tomorrow. Me - Not good enough, why didn't you let me know. PN - We emailed you Me - ah yes you took down my address incorrectly. Me - Why didn't you call me - Oh yes you took down my mobile number incorrectly as well. PN - We can install tomorrow Me - OK i'll check with work. I get back to them. PN - no sorry we can't do tomorrow, will have to be in 10 days time. Me - No apologies, really poor customer serivce and they had the cheek to threaten me with a £70 fee if I missed the appointment. Plusnet ... they'll probably NOT do you (or themselves) proud. You can't even contact them by email, only on-line (will not connect as they are too busy) or phone them - expect a 20+ minute wait before getting passed around like an idiot for thinking they have great customer service. In the end went with EE - no fuss, no problem just a bit more expensive."
"Customer Service 0/10 Worst customer service don't bother trying to ring them as I don't think they actually have anyone answering the phones. 26 minutes today in the end gave up. Broadband speed 0/10 Alleged guaranteed 3meg (can't have fibre) not once have they reached that & the Wi-Fi signal is non-existent. Sat in the same room as the router ran a speed test & got .32meg. My security system relies on Wi-Fi, my door bell as well, my heating system also relies on it so basically all of it is null & void & trying to get this company to help well basically I have now given up. Asked them to put me on the waiting list for fibre as per BT their response we can't do that. You have to request it, hold on BT say that my supplier has to request it & as their parent company is actually BT can you see where I'm going with this. Broadband reliability 0/10 It's shocking. When I asked them Would I recommend them HELL NO & their adverts on the TV obviously they've paid for all of their awards because from what I've experienced no way they've got awards for customer service, reliability or anything else for that matter."
"Things started off well with Plusnet mobile but then I started to struggle with network coverage. After contacting Plusnet mobile customer services, they concluded that the problem was with my sim and sent me a new one. I followed the activation process and waited and waited and waited with no service. The sim never worked so I put in the original sim which did work meaning that Plusnet never activated the new sim. Coverage contained to be poor or non-existent so I deceived it was time to go and phoned customer services for a PAC. Because of a problem with there systems, they were able to provide me with a PAC- I believe that Ofcom regulation state that they should supply a PAC within two hours so a big FAIL here. I was told that it would take up to 5 days. To add salt to the wound, Plusnet disconnected me from the network on day 2. Another call to customer services whose response was "there's nothing I can do"... It's a waiting game" I messaged them through Twitter on day three and they responded fairly quickly and asked for more information so they could investigate. It then went quiet. I can't wait to see the back of Plusnet mobile and I can never recommend them. DO NOT USE."
"Do not use this company I made the mistake of signing up for fast fibre broadband on the 12th July and now on the 1st Augi have been without broadband for 8 days. This is all because plusnet are either so incompetent or , as I believe, just can't be bothered to supply me with the required router. Surely you would think that they would be chasing their delivery company but no that means going that extra step. Surely you would think that they would arrange for a replacement to be sent by alternative courier but no that would be going that extra step I have little prospect of getting broadband at home for at least a further 7 days if I rely on plusnet, but at least I'm getting to know all the local coffee shops who have free WiFi fi"
"Trying to order service for a new-build house. Passed from department to department and left hanging on for 15 minutes (I'm still holding) with no-one coming back to me."
"Once you are late just with an hour with the payment they redirect all your traffic to a bogus website and you cannot do anything about it.... Once you cleared the payment the redirect is still on for weeks so you cannot browse the web... Speaking of customer service is second to none... No means of telling anyone about"
"I’ve been a customer of Plusnet for 2 to 3 years and used to regard their customer service as good However my recent experience has dramatically downgraded that opinion I added Caller ID function to my phone service and it doesn’t work I’ve spent the last 2 months trying to them to investigate and provide the function with no success They resorted to threatening me with a £65 charge if an engineer was sent to my house and he found the fault was there. Next it was numerous communications with BT Outreach where equipment was changed at the Telephone Exchange. I had told Plusnet that I had proved it was not a fault in our house. Finally they initiated a visit by an Outreach field engineer who came to my house and checked everything. He found no fault and confirmed that Caller ID didn’t work. The fault had to be with Plusnet equipment/software he concluded. This company should look at themselves and how they progress faults etc I have wasted my valuable time and effort over 2 months, on a fault that was/still is not fixed"
"I switched to Plusnet after 6 years of impeccable service from TalkTalk. I switched purely to take advantage of their super advertised speeds. From day 1 my connection started dropping in and out. "It'll do that in the early days before settling down", they said. 6 months later and my Internet is still about as reliable as a politician. They want to send an engineer round - but will charge me for the pleasure if they can't find an issue, or somehow deem the issue to be part of my flat (despite TalkTalk working no problem for 6 years!). I can't predict when my Internet will be broken, so I'm not going to risk an engineer charge when there's a good chance it'll decide to work on the day the engineer comes. I'm now stuck with this terrible service for another 12 months. At which point is will be switching to absolutely anyone else!"
"APPALLING SERVICE. This company has given the most dreadful service I've ever experienced in 30 years in business. I had a crossed line which took 6 weeks for them to sort out. Call charges were incurred for calls I hadn't made due to the crossed line. After 12 calls and emails I finally thought a credit had been sorted for the incorrect outstanding amount, yet again I have received a bill saying an outstanding amount is due. The ridiculous thing is that every time they decide an amount is overdue they restrict access to my online account so I can't even see where the amount they are asking for has come from! This leaves me with no option but to call them (again) to try to sort it out. Been on hold for 23 minutes now after asking for a supervisor or manager to speak to. Absolutely absurd!"
"A sham of a service. Purchased a SIM only deal for my wife and Plusnet failed repeatedly to set up a direct debit despite having done so for my own phone from the same account. They even made a £10 charge when the payment was late despite it being their error. We were blatantly lied to by an employee who said that he had just refunded the charge. I was lied to when they said they would raise the issue to the next level and get back to me in five days - they did not. The staff actually lie to you! Needless to say We have now cancelled both my wife and my own mobile accounts with them. I refuse to give a penny more to these shisters."
"With my then current 1 year contract ended their salesman phoned my home telephone with a great deal as he put it. After he had finished gabbling on, I looked at the deal and, realized I could get a better deal elsewhere. Following evening I cancelled the deal and, moved to another Broadband/phone provider. Since then I have spent ages on the phone to Plusnet wanting to know why they penalized me for 12 months of Broadband payments when technically already out of contract. Further more, I have received further bills even though I am no longer receiving their Broadband / phone package even though they need to refund me money they have already taken, from my bank account. Their answer on the phone was to cancel the bank direct debit to stop anymore Plusnet money grabs. Really this company is a shambles and, need to get their act together."
"really bad service terrible broadband waiting ages on phone .also failed to pay 50 pound cashback as promised go else where"
"SIgned up through topcashback on 5th June. When no router arrived rang them and told order had not progressed and would have to be reordered. Was assured that no money would be taken and I would not be cut off. Apology very slow in coming. Cut off on date due to switch over. Rang them and explained need phone for work= husband going in for operation, spoke to manager and told to ring Sky as they could not ring them. Manager rude and could not care less, blamed sky for all this!! Without phone and broadband for 11 days and lost work, mobile signal very bad where we live. Offered £10 (after an offer for free broadband when I already have it!!). Went back online and had loads of emails off them in spite of the fact that I had no service. Had credit card bill and had been charged from initial date of over £200. Customer services rang and was fine at first and then attitude changed when I said my cashback claim had been declined as she said I would be getting a voucher for £75 which had never been told to me. She kept telling me I was wrong - extremely stressed out with my husbands health and would not accept she was wrong. PlusNet you have almost the worst customer service I have ever come across-treat your clients appalingly. My broadband is not fit for purpose."
Plusnet is rated 1.32 based on 159 reviews