Plusnet Reviews

9% of reviewers recommend Plusnet

How would you rate Plusnet?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

92 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Plusnet in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I have been with PlusNet for a few months before I started getting messages that I finished my data for the month and they’ve been charging me more and more. It is very weird as I didn’t increase my usage. In fact I was so flat out with work I haven’t even used it as much as I used to and at home I use my broadband. I thought they were dodgy so I cancelled the service and asked for a pac code only to get another message saying I’ve been charged double! No explanation. Just th amount which is double the amount of my contract! They’re scammers. I will lodge a complaint with an obudsman. Surely if you are on a SIM only deal for £8 with a £10 cap, they can’t charge you £18 if you’ve been using your phone as usual (in fact much less)."
"If i could leave 0 stars as they don't deserve 1 On hold constantly 25 mins - get through yup on hold again for 10 minutes rude - should listen to their own recorded calls and learn from them"
"Fraudsters poor customer service treated like an idiot on hold constantly when get through put on hold again please spend your hard earned cash elsewhere"
Cheryl Trigg
Verified Reviewer
"Do not go with Plusnet I changed from talk talk who I thought were horrendous as a owner of a beauty/ hair & tanning salon I needed a speedy and efficient service how wrong was I on change over they lost my business land line number which I have had for 10 years so had to change everything from new signs price lists etc to then be told they could get it back, too late as all this had been done, they just changed it back anyway so lost more business,,, customer service is dreadful everybody pretends to be a manager and I was spoken to terrible,,, My business has suffered terribly especially over Xmas and still is the phone hardly rings now which has never happened I am trying every day to build it up again people thinking iv closed down & I still havnt seen some clients since,, The only compensation offered was reduced bills for three months I couldn’t believed it.. This is now being dealt by ombudsman, Stay well clear of this company especially if your a business. :@"
"Switched from post office broadband too plusnet. Thought we would go fibre optic. BIG MISTAKE. HUGE MISTAKE. Signed an 18 month contract and I am really kicking myself for doing that. There "WELL DO YOU PROUD" is so far away from the truth. We have terrible connection problem. Wi-Fi drops out when ever it wants, Plusnet respond that it doesn't and it's your line doing that. Customer service is appauling, wait for 1hour then you speak to a clueless idiot who does want too work there but it's either that or loose his JSA. Flippant attitude all the time. We've complained about our 6mbps download and our 0.6mbps upload and they won't even send an engineer to check out the line, thought the line had to be upgraded when going from broadband to fibre optic. Nothing, nada, niente. If we pay them £69 they will send an engineer out . They take whatever payment they want from your direct debit,provide the worst phone service. Come on Plusnet do the decent thing and cancel the contracts for all the miserable customers who you want too nail into the ground with your ending your contract charges. I had to give 1star to allow me too write my review."
"Speed keeps dropping to 300kps. Router keeps disconnecting even though box lights are green. Cant wait to move away. Top it off they take 0.01p direct debit. Avoid Bt "plusnet""
"I feel compelled to write a review regarding PlusNet as I fear for others... without going into massive detail, if you sign up to a service you will be bombarded with literature telling you how happy they are to have you, usually containing the picture of a very smiley man! Unfortunately at every stage of my purchase, they screwed up so I tried to cancel, which I am legally allowed to do and here is where the problems really begin. Plusnet obviously don't want you to cancel in the cooling off period so constantly find hoops for you to jump through - I jumped through them, only to find another and another and another. I am still fighting to get my money back and will be going to Ofcom and the small claims court. I would avoid at all costs unless you have hours and hours and hours to spend battling with them not only to get your purchase correct, then working but also a refund should you decide that life really is too short."
NUYDD MU
"Plusnet was first signed up to in 2009, as they were the only company that was prepared to connect my phone line for free (it was already installed and BT wanted to charge £200). The thankfulness towards them lasted for quite a few years and through several house moves. But ... last year, when arranging for a house move, the telephone operative insisted that a new package had to be negotiated with them, and offered me a much worse deal than my current one. He also insisted that my line rental had to be paid again, even though it had already been paid a year in advance. After that was rectified, Plusnet still refused to offer me terms that were anywhere near as good as my current deal. When it was declined to change from my current deal, they whacked on charges for my house move, which they have never done before. They then left me for 3 months with no service after my move - they are aware of my disability and being mainly housebound and that the landline and broadband are depended on (almost all my shopping is done online, including food and other essentials). When a complaint was made, they didn't seem to care. Their phone lines are never answered before being kept on hold for at least half an hour - every single time. Now it is 1 month before the end of my current deal and they have increased my broadband to the full cost without explanation, even though there is a full month left on my contract. When a complaint was made, they insisted a new deal had to be taken out with them, even though my current contract doesn't expire for another month. In my experience, they behave more like conmen and swindlers than like a decent, lawful company should - they constantly boast about their "award winning customer service", but all that can be said for that is that, in my experience, the award must have been for frustrating customers, delaying service and overcharging on lawfully negotiated contracts, which they then fail to honour. Do not take out service with them. There are better performing companies on the market that charge less (after BT, who is top of the complaints list every year, Plusnet - who are owned by BT - gets the second most complaints from customers in this country). Their tag line is 'We'll do you proud.' They haven't."
"Poor service"
"just the worst company i have ever had the displeasure of dealing with - cant get through on phonelines and chats always busy never reply to emails but maintain they'll "do you proud" complete joke!!"
"I've had an intermittent and very unreliable internet connection from 2 weeks after connection on 24 July. Customer services are a joke. After waiting 30 - 40 minutes to get through they go through the same unhelpful script. The faults team aren't any use either as they just try to organise an engineers visit, (which could possibly cost £65), Even at that potential charge I've never been able to get an engineer booked. On 2 other occasions customer services transferred me to the faults team and I waited for 10 - 15 minutes before being cut off. The list goes on and on. They don't even answer the online faults forum which they direct you to to answer questions they pose. Although this morning I had a question asking me if I wanted the fault investigated. It is 4 months too late and I'm now going through the process of changing provider, (which might have prompted their response). I'm going back to Sky and although I have been informed I'll have to pay an early cancellation fee. it will be worth it just to get a reliable connection and get rid off the stress caused by Plus Net. If this was a product I bought over the counter it would be returned for a refund as 'not fit for use'."
"Terrible customer support and there is always an issue"
Martin Knapp
"Good customer service, good value for money and competitive prices"
"I am definitely not happy with Plusnet. I signed up a a month ago and still do not have a broadband connection. Have to go to local Tesco to receive/send emails. Am about to lose my job as I cannot work without my laptop and cannot work in public space. ‘Help’ line no use at all - they do not listen."
"I have been with Plusnet for approx 13 years, within which time i have started with standard connection and i am now on fibre plus phone line with them. I may have had only 3 to 4 line problems in 13 years, which were sorted out in quick time by Plusnet service. Always curteous and pleasant, in fact, a pleasure to deal with."
"I have never experienced such lack of customer service. I had two numbers with them which i cancelled months ago over the phone, where i was told everything was taken care of. (I cancelled as i left the country) 4+ months later i am still receiving emails about DD payments being taken. After emailing them and answering their security questions, i have been ignored for the past month."
David From Kinross
"If it all goes smoothly then it's fine. Their rapid growth means a lot of their staff are not capable of dealing with the unusual. This meant it took four weeks and about 20 hours on the phone to get our broadband sorted."
"Just moved over from Virgin because plusnet had a slightly better customer feedback and the call centre is in the UK but it is the worse mistake ive ever made. 21 days ive been with them and now 4 days so far without broadband. Plusnet say Openreach but Openreach say Plusnet. Plusnet said Openreach engineer came on friday but when Openreach engineer came on Saturday he has no record of an appt. I cant even leave them for another 17 months. Plusnet is a shamble. Dont use them. AVOID AT ALL COST."
David Montgomery
Verified Reviewer
"Pity I have to leave any star rating for this company. Got sent a new SIM that 24hrs later is still not connecting and I have no phone service. Customer service couldn't care less. They have 'informed the tech team and it can take up to 5 days for a response. I can't speed up the process'. Mean while their customer has no mobile. Unreal. Was with O2 for years without any issue. Will be going back, if i can manage to get a PAC code of this lot. AVOID!"
"Problems getting connected in new house. Spent literally hours trying to speak to staff in call centre. Staff very pleasant but would rather not have to wait for literally an hour each time I want to contact them! After the second engineer visit my broadband was up and running but I discovered 3 months later that I was getting charged £65 for this! Shocking customer service. I thought they had a good reputation but I was sorely disappointed."
Plusnet is rated 1.38 based on 92 reviews