Plusnet Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend Plusnet
1 New Reviews Written
3PM
3PM

Tell us how Plusnet made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
"If you have to phone them, There is ALWAYS a long wait because thay are having a very heay load of calls. If that's true, they are obviously understaffed. This aspect of their service of what is meant to be a system whose object is the transfer of information. TOTALLY UNACEPTABLE."
Posted 1 hour ago
Are you Plusnet? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Plusnet receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Absolutely rediculous! I signed up with Plusnet and paid for installation. As soon as I paid, they move the installation date back and say there's no availability on the date that I booked it in the first place! Seems like all they want is your money and don't actually care about their customers in reality. Oh, and if you want to speak to customer service to try and resolve anything, don't bother! You'll just be waiting in a long queue and your problem most probably won't get resolved."
"No speed on my broad band. I've spoken to customer service representative and technical support. One two nights and spent 3 hours on both nights. It's actually got worse after being sent a new router. While I was disconnected a technical support engineer tried to sell me a new contract...."
"I was very pleased with the way Stanislav Galabov deal with my problem with nuisance calls."
"Stay Away!! treat customers like S**t. If I could have I would have given 0 stars. Worst ever unhelpful customer service and liars. Basically I was meant to get broadband at my new property and had to wait 2 weeks which is already a quiet a bit of wait, but I understood getting broadband installed wasn't a quick process. Placed my order on the 24th October and installation was due to Thursday 15th November. I had to choose 3 times slot so I choose Thursday morning and evening and Friday morning. I had no email confirmation of anything just a welcome email. So today 12th November I decide to ring up and get an update. I spoke to a guy called Luke and he said he could see that my order is still pending. I wasn't happy as I was thinking everything was fine and get my broadband sorted this week. He apologized for the inconvenience, and apparently my order was rejected but I had no knowledge or communication from Plusnet. Then I was put to cancellation department / complaints. I spoke to a lady called Rebecca never known anyone to be this rude to a customer. She was ok to start with saying we are sorry bla bla, but I said so I would I have taken Thursday and Friday off waiting for an engineer and no one would turn up. So loosing money and time. Another joke was when I used their online chat before booking they said I had to keep my landline with virgin media running for them to port my number. So I paid virgin media for 3 weeks even when I wasn't using just because these stupid people asked me to, costing me £50. When I told this to Rebecca she was like we can never port numbers from virgin media so that was a total fib from one of their agents. Finally I was ready to take a deal as she said she could give me a discount from my first bill for £18 . Then when it got to the installation date the earliest they could do is 28th November. Silly right 1 month to get a net when I should have had it on 15th. Then she started raising her voice saying as of it was my fault and Plusnet was best . I said as I customer I was given the expectation that I will get internet on 15th and I will still have to wait another 14 working days... The way she spoke just upset me so much, I said purely due to the way you spoke to me I am cancelling it and go with some other provider. She was least bothered!!! These people should be sued and never be allowed to run a silly business like this. Wasting customer time and money. I also paid upfront cost of £78 for the installation too... So it's just a silly people. I would never recommend Plusnet to anyone such a Shame a used to be reputed business now is going downhill due to poor staff attitude to customer. At the end of the day it's us customers who are letting then run a business and pay over the top prices to get treated like nothing and pushed around."
"We had our phone cut of twice internet twice through no fault of our own shocking company please please do not go with them."
"it has taken over 5 weeks to get refund they just do not want to send it back ,they told me its would be with me in 5 days"
"We would have given a -* if there was one! Absolutely awful, beyond a joke! Initially speed slowed, rang to query, PN claims no issue! When PN discovered we know a bit about broadband, PN offered us two months free service, but then tried to say its only for line rental, not broadband! After more phone calls to complain, PN agreed includes BBand. Then, we found we were charged for BBand the next month, when it's suppose to be free! More phone calls, PN says their accounts doesn't show the charge! Had to forward bank statement copies etc, which we did. No reply, no refund still NOW, we receive an invoice for £40.80 for following month when it should still be our 2nd free month! We've left PN, cancelled direct debit, lodged formal complaint with Ombudsman and instructed bank to claim back the £20.99. Guess what? Just received another email from PN, saying they hate goodbyes, offering £19.99 service! but still no refund of the money fraudulently taken from our account though! Talking about the bad penny ... Avoid at all costs unless you're game for a journey through hell and back!"
"I have been with the Plusnet for more than 10years. Customer service sucks. I do not know who gives them these awards. It takes minimum 30 minutes to get a person speak to. Webchat down all the time. I would give -5 stars if available."
"I've been with them for... At least 5 years and when I've had a problem I've always got through straight away to someone who has helped"
"In transferring our broadband to our new home, PlusNet accidentally cut our phone & broadband services 2 weeks early, leaving me, my wife and our 1 year old child totally cutoff while trying to move house (there's no mobile signal in the middle of Exmoor). Upon learning the consequences of their needless mistake, PlusNet chose to...shrug. I told them about the precarious nature of trying to move house with a 1 year old without any telecommunications, and with a certain amount of actual physical danger, and they managed only a limp apology. I had anticipated at least some kind of compensation to reflect the distress and very real danger we were put through by their cock-up, but they offered not a sausage, and seemed determined instead to slither out of such basic human decency. Once we'd finally moved (not easy for all the above reasons) I felt compelled to change providers. Can you blame me? I received no contact from PlusNet asking why I wanted to leave. Once I had left I finally heard from them: they told me I owed them a £165 'early cancellation fee'. This was an insult to an already egregious injury. To know my particular situation, to have it articulated clearly and respecffully, and to still happily leave me - and my family - swinging in the wind, then to want to take more money from us in an act of bald profiteering, leads me to the inescapable conclusion that PlusNet is quite simply *amoral*."
"Terrible customer service. I requested my PAC and cancelled my services with plusnet and they refused to refund me the time that I did not use (as other phone companies do) even though I was outside of my minimum term. The team I spoke to were absolutely useless. Even when I was using plusnet mobile, the signal was bad and plusnet lacked many services that other phone providers offered."
"Originally had both my London and Brighton properties on PN for over 5 years. Unfortunately service in London got intermittent and slow, so we swapped. Early this month, same started in Brighton, contacted PN customer service, draconian, unhelpful, unable to email, long queue to talk on phone, live chat doesn't work, complaint, PN offered 2 months free service but still charged following month. When we contacted PN, they couldn't find the credit on my account! Had to forward copy of my bank statement to show debit before they will consider the refund! We've now left PN totally ... AND definately cancelled bank debit mandate."
"Switch from J Lewis two months ago was, (and still is) a nightmare. Of the NINETEEN people who have "dealt" with this fiasco SIX have informed me that they have taken 'sole ownership' of the case. And then someone completely different appears to further complicate the problem. This, mark you, is from the 'Higher Escalation Team' some of whom like to flatter themselves with the job title 'Customer Advocate'. They are no such thing. A better title would be Customer Obfuscates. I am presently waiting for the famously promised 'callback from one of these jokers regarding my ongoing complaint about J Lewis continuing to bill me despite that account being closed. These callbacks often just never happen. As for actually REGISTERING a complaint on a given date (In order tobe able to take it to the Ombudsman in due course) it appears that no such option is available. How on earth do Plusnet get away with this blatant breach of Consumer Protection Law ?"
"Unbelievably useless. After screwing up closing my account and continuing to charge me for months, I spent an hour in total (no joke) on hold. Eventually I manage to talk to someone who can do something about it, they promise it will be refunded. The refund comes through a week or more later, and they screwed that up too. Sent me less than half my money back. So here I am again 'we're sorry for making you wait blah blah blah' another morning wasted thanks to Plusnet. The worst part is I was a 4 year customer until we got FTTP and used to recommend them to everyone (worked as IT sysadmin) so now I have to go back to these people and tell them I screwed up and recommend moving over to Zen ASAP."
"Avoid. Swapped to a sim only deal with Plusnet just over two weeks ago, in this time I've only had a working sim for two or three days. Company totaly disinterested, failed promise after failed promise still no working sim. Conflicting advice. online chat rarely works and operatives just cut off contact when they can't answer questions (can't call no phone). Wish I'd never left Vodaphone"
"Have tried a few times to login but system times me out for no reason at all. Have tried to upgrade my sim using their chat. Got part way with it and they typed we are handing you over to another department. Then I was just waiting 15 minutes. I was typing and no replies. Closed the chat after 20 minutes"
"paid upfront for mobile account, waited 12 weeks for sim to activate and still nothing. fobbed off over the phone saying any day now..... DO NOT go with plusnet. absolute idiots."
"For over a week been getting 0.3mb to 3.4mb Slug Speed Broadband and wait times to get anything done are 60mins ...what small business can wait on hold for 60mins...ITS TERRIBLE ...finally after a week got threw VIA new business customer line and was threw in 3mins SUPRISE not .... then told would reset line and got 11.5 mb straight away YES I THINK but then back to a shocking 0.3mb had to wait ages for this review page to load to be able to leave my disgusted with service review ....SHOCKING dont use if you want to run a business"
"Almost doubled my monthly charge without telling me when my initial contract came to an end- no warning that it was nearing the time to renew. No problems with the actual broadband provided but very long wait times to talk to someone when you need to."
Plusnet is rated 1.34 based on 171 reviews