Plumbworld Reviews

43% of reviewers recommend Plumbworld

How would you rate Plumbworld ?

"Orderd the Park Lane Winchester shower/bath taps as they were reasonably priced and exactly the sort of taps I need because of my arthritis. Plumber came and fitted the taps, looked great, no problems, so plumber left. Only later when I went to put things back in the bathroom did I notice what looked like a thread or cobweb under one of the tap housings. It turned our there was a pinhole in the moulded metal casing and it was spewing out a really fine jet of water. We sealed it with masking tape and I contacted Plumbworld with pictures and they said they would send out a replacement immediately, but they wouldn't even partially refund for plumbing costs, even though they had obviously sent me out a defective tap and it was going to cost me again to get the plumber out at no fault of my own. I wish I had read the reviews on this company first as it's now cost me £160.00 in two lots of plumbing costs, plus the £75.00 that the tap cost to do a simple bath tap replacement. I will NOT buy from this company ever again. It's true what they say "buy cheap, buy twice"."
Martyn Doherty
Verified Reviewer
"Purchased two cabinets on had a chip on the door They said I could not have an exchange as the cabinet had been installed and they do not have spares but I could buy a new one at a discount Would not use again"
Kirsty
"Delivery ahead of schedule with regular updates. Great product, great price, great service."
"3/4 day delivery promised but still hadn't got the component 3 weeks later. Each time I chased it up, never contacted by Plumbworld, was lied to regarding delivery. Example - advised that Plumbworld would receive component 15th Jan., then advised component would be in quarantine for 48 hrs. (for inspection??) and then on 22nd Jan. advised that they still hadn't got the component. One good thing, they did return my money quickly!"
"Best advice - AVOID. Damaged goods, very poor customer service, they are a confused, muddled shambles."
"Don't use. Delivered item twice. Refused to pay for return and delivered heavy item to neigbour 7 doors down without permission!"
Elizabeth Kidd
"Very cheap prices and good quality and delivered on time"
Maria
"I had a query regarding the item I wanted to purchase and they were most helpful in this regard and made it easy to understand. They were also the very best price for the item I required and subsequently purchased from them."
Andrew Lanigan
"Good price on item,tracked progress of delivery,arrived intact,on time."
Gavin Lever
"Excellent price on a new shower that I was quoted double on other sites. Quick prompt delivery and delivered on everything they said they would. I will use again."
Mr James Carr
"Very competitive prices. I have purchased a couple of things from them and they have been very good, both price wise and delivery time."
Hutton
"Excellent all round, price, product & delivery. Would definitely use again."
Claire Mennim
"Good prices but when I rang up to try and change the order a few hours after I had placed it the lines were closed even though it was within their stated operating hours. When I rang the next day they told me they had dispatched already even though it wasn't due to be delivered for nearly a week."
"Great prices on great products with excellent customer service"
"I bought a bath panel (both bathtub sides) which was delivered on the initial booking rather than the one I chose on the system and agreed upon (glad my neighbor was in ). The goods looked completely different from the site... even the color between top and bottom parts is different. I emailed and called company only to be told that I have to return the items at my expense, and as the items are too big I was not able to do so. I asked the staff for an exchange with another item (bath panels also) and on delivery return the one they sent me previously, her answer was no ... First I have to return the goods then the refund will be done (obviously have to wait for the money to be credited to my account) then I have to order from scratch. I will never use this company again and definitely will not recommend to anyone."
"I ordered a mirror from them on 6th June, and the website/order placed stated it would be delivered in 2-3 days. I had our bathroom fitters in during this time and they would be putting the mirror up as it required drilling into the new tiles they've put in. When the third day came and we had no delivery I called the company to chase up the order. They told me it was not in stock, which was NOT stated on their website, but it would be in stock by 10th June (Fri) and delivered on the following Mon/Tues. Tues (14th June) arrives and still no delivery, so I call them again and was told the stock was due in on Fri 17th and delivered on the following Mon/Tues. When I phoned up on Fri 17th to ensure it was in stock, they told me it wouldn't be until Mon 20th; when I phoned up on Mon 20th, they told me Tues 21st, when I phoned up Tues 21st, they told me it would be Fri 24th. I finally cancelled the order, something I should have done over two weeks ago. Even though the customer service were pleasant enough, they could offer me no explanation for the delay or guarantee of when stock would arrive and all the while I was offered no compensations for the delay or even an apology!"
"Ordered nylon drain plugs, good price, good product. But the postage was way over the top at over £10.00 and the item costing less than £9.00!! Took 1 whole week to deliver!!! I thought the higher postage cost would mean a faster service how wrong was I. Now I have the item I don't need it as I got a loan of plugs from another plumber plus there was no receipt so I can't put it through my Buisness even tho it WAS for my Buisness!!! I'll not use "plumbworld" ever again!!"
"Sink and pedestals were defective as they were not straight. There was a tilt from right to left and also from back to front as if they had warped. Replacement items were sent and they too were defective. Items were sent back at the end of April and I received an email saying my money had been refunded. It wasn't due to a 'technical glitch'. Numerous hone calls and escalation to the financial director and the managing director have got me nowhere. It is now the middle of May and I still do not have my refund. I have had to contact my credit card company to get their help to resolve this. If you check the positive reviews they have not had to deal with customer services. Look at the negative reviews to see what I mean. As soon as you have a problem you will regret buying from this company."
"Absolutely terrible customer service - rude and obnoxious, unable to answer any questions and/or engage in problem-solving activities, do not read the responses they are being given, pretty much advise to email MD[at]plumbworld.co.uk as are unable to resolve any issues themselves. Delivery terms and conditions are unclear at the point of order and you are only informed of REAL terms and conditions once the order is placed. REAL delivery terms require you to pay extra for delivery. Never saw the item (ordered ca. 2 weeks ago, dispatched at least 1.5 week ago), losing all hope by now. Stay as clear away as possible."
Plumbworld is rated 2.64 based on 28 reviews