Building Plastics Online Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Building Plastics Online Ltd
Own Driver, Courier
Read Building Plastics Online Ltd Reviews

About Building Plastics Online Ltd:

Building Plastics Online Ltd are a nationwide distributer of plastic building products. These products include Fascia, Soffit, Guttering, Cladding, Polycarbonate Roofing and much more. Our products are distributed form over 200 depots throughout the UK, with local collection available. Building Plastics Online ltd operate our head office in Rotherham.

Customer service has been appalling. Placed an order on 31/05/20 in the assumption that it would be delivered in the time frame stated on the website. Heard nothing for 2 weeks even though tried to ring, email and do the online chat only to recieve an email saying that they will have an update on when order will dispatched between 11am on the Friday and 9am on the Monday morning. Monday came still nothing. Decided that as needed the material on the order the following weekend that we would order elsewhere. So emailed saying that we wanna cancel order and again no reply even though on the order online it shows that we had asked to cancel. Tried ringing numerous times again still nothing. Then 4 weeks after the order have email saying it’s been dispatched. Again emailed straight back saying we had asked to cancel again nothing. Get home from work and the order has arrived delivered by the same company who had ordered second lot from (and they delivered that in 2 days of ordering from them). Now I’m still trying to contact this company to get the order collected and a refund but still no answer. Actually waiting on the phone as I write this review. Would I use this company again never. I know there’s a pandemic going on but if one company can deliver within 48hrs and another can’t using the same company there is something wrong. If anyone from this company would like to reply to me it would be very helpful and hopefully can sort out these issues
Order number 38591

Order placed 14/06/2020 long delay in receiving the cladding. I contacted them via online chat and spoke to Calum who explained that the local vendor who they are using to dispatch the products hadn't advised them that the Products are out of stock due to suppliers. The products where delivered within a couple of days of communication, and look brilliant now fitted.
I ordered soffit boards on 21 May, the day they were coming out of lockdown. Nothing heard for 2 weeks so emailed them, only to receive the standard reply that everybody else received. Numerous further emails resulted in similar standard replies and no personal reply specific to my order. Not able to get through on the 'phone.

Update 8 July:
Just about to go to my credit card company for a charge-back (which I told them I'd be doing) and, surprise, surprise, delivery was the next day - almost 7 weeks after my order! Excuse was that they had ordered from a local branch of Eurocell on 28 May but they failed to deliver. However, it doesn't excuse the fact that nobody at Building Plastics Online bothered to check despite all of my emails chasing it up.

Ordering from local companies and then forgetting about it may have worked for Building Plastics Online in the past but anybody could see it wouldn't work with the pandemic situation. Despite that, they continued to take new orders yet failed to handle all of the issues with existing orders and simply lost sight of the fact that customers were complaining about orders not received. They cannot put all of the blame on the pandemic and local companies failing to deliver. Better management would have addressed this and, at the very least, would have ensured there was good communication with customers. It would also have prevented a lot of the negative reviews, which virtually all relate to that lack of communication.

They may be cheap but I'll pay a bit more and order in future from a local company I know to be trustworthy. I've done that more recently for similar products and received them within a few days.
Order# 37808
I ordered on 11th June and received an email on 16th June saying delivery would be on Wed 17th June.
The delivery never came, I tried emailing and messaging the company through their website but they did not reply to any of them. Also phoned many times and they never answered once.
As they didn't deliver or respond to many attempts at contacting them and after seeing other reviews on here I initiated a charge back with my bank and left a negative review.

In reply to your response there was someone at home all day last Thursday but I can also confirm I am available for delivery today.

Update. Order was delivered June 25

I am happy with the price and quality of the goods. It is just the communication that let's this company down. If only you would reply emails/phone like you did when I left a review on here I would have been happy and left a good review.
Hi Matthew Ruckledge,

We have tried to deliver Last Thursday to you but no-one was in to accept the delivery. I have spoken to the depot in Leeds and they have said it was going to be delivered again today so please advise if you are available.

Hope this helps clear up any misunderstanding.
Order #37809

As a very understanding business operator, it would take me a long way to write a negative review about any business.

Ordering process - no isse
Delivery - Received multiple updates
Aftercare Service - the most important part of the process - Awful

No replies to emails
No one wants to pick up the phone (over 14 day PERIOD!!)
False updates via email

£400 order has cost me more in re-arranging contractors.
Order 32305, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, This is the worst communicating company I’ve ever had to deal with, I fully understand the problems occurred with Coronavirus at the moment, I placed my order on 24th May, I received an email stating they’re very busy with a back log and are having staff in over the weekend and won’t be answering the phones, that’s ok I understand that, then communication stopped until I got an email and all it said was, eta, then I got 2 on 11th of June saying you’re items have been dispatched and will be delivered Friday 12th June, excellent I thought, wrong! No delivery arrived and since that day I’ve heard nothing, I’ve emailed or messaged through there website every day, and I’ve not had a single response, I managed to track down the office space they’re working out of and spoke to the lady who they rent it from, she was very helpful and said they are genuine people, this did reassure me but still nothing, so are they genuine or con merchants that take the money and don’t deliver the goods, I’ve noticed the poor reviews on io lately and their responses, the last one was from a Veronica which surely is a made up review? I can’t believe anyone could give them a positive review at the moment, come on guys I’d like a response but what I really want is my cladding,

Good morning, I’m responding through here as you don’t respond to emails or the message system on your website, if you had responded it would of been so much easier, this morning 25th June the order turned up, I’ve returned it as I’ve ordered the materials from somewhere else because you never contacted me or returned my phone calls so I had no option to think it’s not coming, unfortunately I received notification after the driver arrived that you’d responded to me on, very strange if of thought it easier by direct email or phone, anyway I’ve already started the process of a chargeback through my bank for a refund again I feel I had no other option as I was hearing nothing, you could speed up the process and just refund my straight away, I won’t be changing my review as requested as I feel this is a true representation of what’s happened, I’ll await a response

Order 32305
Paul Thompson
Hi Paul,

I have spoken to our agent in the area and I simply have not got an answer to why they did not deliver on the day they said they would. However, they have said that they will be with you by 12pm tomorrow. We was under the impression this was all delivered and can only apologise for this. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I can confirm we are not "CON ARTISTS" and ou reviews are genuine and were pretty good until the Global Pandemice which has taken its toll on our business and we have had to change quickly the way we do things.

I hope this helps you understand a little more.
I placed an order on may 23rd and it still hasn't been delivered, I've emailed asking for a refund and had no reply.

Waste of time and money.
Placed order. Received email saying delivery on 15 June. No delivery arrived. Every email been ignored. No contact. No answer on phone. No answer from emails.

Took me to leave review for contact to be made.

Now spoken to delivery company only now as contact info provided who were absolutely 100% more than helpful.
company is responding to emails they seem to be extremely busy with the worldwide pandemic but are responding.
Hi Peter,

I have spoken to the Hayes depot and they are struggling and down to one van and driver, they will be out with your order today and this will be around dinner time. I assure you the company is not a CON as you have stated and we are just extremely busy and as stated on the website deliveries are taking slightly longer than we would like. As for not answering emails, We was actually dealing in replying to you from the email you sent at 9:21 am as we have only been open 21 minutes and then in the meantime you posted this review.

I hope this has sorted things for you and I would like to just let you know that we do state heavily not to arrange any trades to carry out works until we have delivered and you have checked your order.

I hope this helps, thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Building Plastics Online Ltd
Ordered 25th May, still no idea when delivery will be. Emailed numerous times, called numerous times with NO response. In your introduction you offer fast delivery service, great customer service, prompt delivery and responsive service - you have offered me NONE OF THESE!
I order on 3 June
I received a email on 11 June telling me that they would confirm the delivery date between 11and 15 by9am
Today is the 16 nothing I send email nothing what going on
Ordered nearly four weeks ago loads generic emails no phone lines just American voice when ordered it stated five working days nothing about delay due to virus it’s now nearly four weeks i was given date of 15/16 June have waited in two days and nothing I’m very concerned for my money I should have bought it locally not worth the stress I shall be going trading standards tomorrow
UPDATE:

After posting this review I finally received a response stating a refund had been issued. And further asking me to ammend/remove my review.

1 month later, refund has not arrived and they're back to ignoring all correspondence. And yes, every week the phoneline has a message saying it is closed for a week due to COVID/catching up with orders. Thats 2 months now they're phone lines have been closed, not a week.

Frankly getting beyond a joke now.

Caveat Emptor.

Original Review:

Taken money two weeks ago, haven't delivered, haven't responded to emails, phone line is always closed.

I purchased from www .plasticbuildingsupplies. com. Received a status update saying "dispatched" ETA 4th June. Been two weeks now and still no product.

Phone lines are closed. Have emailed several times without a response. Have used their web messaging system and again no response.

Looking at companies house, they only formed last year. A previous company associated with one of the directors (NWS-UK LTD) liquidated last year after a short time trading.

Now VERY concerned.
Dear Mr Bansi, We apologise that you feel the way you do regarding your order. Since Covid - 19 we have been inundated with orders which we are currently trying to get orders out of the door ASAP, however you order is for a 7 meter long sheet which our suppliers are struggling to get to you as their vehicles are experiencing difficulties with volumes of orders. This has been unprecedented and we are doing our best to combat delays and get goods to all our valued customers. I appreciate your patience and we understand your frustration but we are currently experiencing a little longer lead times than normal. However, as you have requested a refund we have done this immediately at your request.

Many Thanks,

Building Plastics Team
Terrible
They take your money then spin you along. Generic emails , no one answering phone just an American recorded message & no proper replies just a standard fobbiing off. & pretext they are catching up after Covid . excuses excuses Website changes the date for delays
Don’t use waited weeks for nothing no reply or delivery date
Dear Karen,

We have sorted the order out and is getting delivered tomorrow, we apologise due to the circumstances that deliveries are taking longer than we expect at the moment.

I hope this helps. Thank you for your patience.

Building Plastics Online Ltd
Excellent service 5 star ordered skirting boards came this morning top quality items and Excellent price will be recommending to friends and family thank you
Ordered on the 8th of June for a 1-3 day delivery which the website states.

I emailed on the 11th June, 13th June and today 16th to get no response.

Their phone lines are disconnected due to covid but they say they respond to emails ASAP.

Utter rubbish and the most unreliable company I have ever come across
Order placed on 20th May, now is 15th June. Nothing has arrived, they never answer their phones, no response to my emails, no response to my voicemails. This company is an absolute joke! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!
Communication terrible, delivery over 3 weeks (I will cut some slack due to shutdown) but when it did arrive it was the wrong size of sheets and the wrong thickness, the paperwork didn't match the delivery or my order the only thing that they got right was they managed to count to 3 and got the right number of sheets.
Still waiting for an answer to my online communications and email regarding sorting this mess out....I could be a while. I would recommend anyone thinking of using this company go elsewhere.
My items were ordered end of May .I still have no date or any apologies or when I am likely to get the items .I have been waiting now for three weeks.
I cannot get hold of anybody by phone and you seem to ignore my e mails to you
No I would not recommend you
Placed order on the 19th of may had a email to say it would be delivered on the 10th of june still haven't received it I have sent them 3 emails to different email addresses and tried calling them and have still had no response
Building Plastics Online Ltd is rated 4.07 based on 380 reviews