Pimlico Plumbers Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Pimlico Plumbers

Tell us how Pimlico Plumbers made you happy

"We were warned not to use Pimlico Plumbers for their over priced service and ability to talk themselves out of responsibility for damage. However, we were desperate as both our toilets were blocked. We also thought this would be a simple job. Oh how we were wrong... A plumber came out in the evening last week but was unable to use his skinny rod to break the blockage. It turned out that the Mrs had flushed a few too many 'Mrs' things down the toilet. Despite this, one can assume that the trained "drain engineer" that came over the next day would be able to sort this out in a clean and professional manner. Oh how we were wrong again... This gentleman pressure hosed the outside drain which caused our down stairs toilet to break it's pipe seal. Poo literally exploded out of the toilet bowl onto the wall. However, we didn't know the extent of the damage until the next day after he had left and an odour was coming from behind the toilet cupboard. There was a pool of sewage sitting on floor that had leaked out as a result of the pressure used. "This was the pipes fault."This wasn't the worst part. We don't really know what he was doing to our upstairs toilet but he may as well have dropped a bomb down there. Whatever minor leak we had to start off with had now turned into Niagara falls. A back log of faeces was literally pouring down our wall. But, according to them "this had already occurred before they arrived" and the "drain specialist" hadn't come down the stairs and seen the Mrs running around trying to catch what she could with towels. As a result of this, we are having to pay for someone to rip out our sewage stained cupboards and replace them, our wood flooring has now bowed and half of our kitchens electrics have short circuited. We have to get the ceiling removed in order to find out where it has all gone wrong. Of course, "none of this had anything to do with Pimlico Plumbers and they won't be supplying any compensation". We paid £1380 for a Pimlico Plumber Drain Specialist to unblock our toilets, damage our property and create more problems then when they arrived... Try and find a family run company. They tend to care more about their reputation."
Are you Pimlico Plumbers? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Two of my radiators were not working after turning my heating on for the first time this year back in November. Additionally, the boiler pressure was dropping quite quickly when the heating was turned on. I called Pimlico Plumbers in as they were the top result on Google and had favourable reviews. Their plumber came over and "checked out" the system. He was very polite and efficient, but gave me the bad news that the boiler itself needed to be replaced, and the entire heating system needed to be flushed out as there was a blockage under the floorboards in a pipe which was causing the radiators not to be working. I was given a quote of £5350 for the entire job, and I was charged just over £200 for the plumber turning up in the first instance to check the system. As I wanted a second opinion before committing to spending over £5000, I had a local independent plumber come over and check out the system. It turned out that the valves on the two radiators were broken, and there was a small leak in one of the intake pipes on the boiler. Both of these problems were diagnosed within five minutes, and the work was done there and then at a tiny fraction of Pimlico's quote - just over 5%. The system is now working perfectly. Not only did Pimlico fail to diagnose the problem and quoted me a ridiculous sum to fix it (which in the event would not have worked anyway), they also charged me for the privilege! Avoid at all costs."
"Great customer service"