Persimmon Homes Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Persimmon Homes
6PM
6PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Persimmon Homes?

Tell us how Persimmon Homes made you happy

"Avoid this bunch of thief's and unreliable clowns! I can write an essay about poor service, poor quality etc. Unfortunately, there is not enough space Avoid, avoid, avoid..."
Are you Persimmon Homes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Absolutely disgusting service , poor quality build and cheap labour that’s obvious when you step into the property, When moving into our home it was filthy, damaged flooring,worktops, paint on the blinds, windows not sealed from the outside and inside also a large hole in the ceiling, bath tub cracked, lipped kitchen worktops a snag list with over 120 snags. Still not all fixed . Would highly recommend NEVER to buy a property with this appalling unprofessional company."
"DON'T BELIEVE THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ON ANY WEBSITE AS THERE FAKE , TALK TO ALL BUYERS THEY WILL ALL TALK NEGATIVE REGARDING KEIGHLEY PERSIMMON BRANSHAW AND ALL OTHER PERSIMMON HOMES PLEASE STAY FAR AN AWAY AVOID AT ALL COSTS I was in the process and interested in buying a home in the KEIGHLEY PERSIMMON BRANSHAW SITE, THANK GOD IT DIDN'T GO THROUGH . The sales staff LADY WAS MANIPULATIVE AND FRAUDULENT , The head office was useless. Rang at least 50 times and got either cut off or put through to voice mail. When the sales woman could be bothered to answer phone, she was absolutely useless.the lady at PERSIMMON decitley pressurised me into selling my home upto 20k below the value of my home so i would buy there property ASAP as she advised me they had big demand for the house plot I wanted to purchase and would be sold to another party but would hold on to my interested home only if I agreed to sell at 20k below the value of my home , so thank God we changed our minds and got the for sale board removed from outside our property which tuck another 20 calls and two weeks , looking at all the bad negative reviews left by PERSIMMON home owners we DIFINENTLY DODGED A BULLET IN NOT BUYING FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY PLEASE FOLKS AT ALL COSTS AVOID THIS COMPANIES NEW BUILDS WEATHER IN KEIGHLEY OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE UK THEY ARE ALL THE SAME , THE STAFF ARE OUT TO ROB YOU OF YOUR HARD EARNED EARNINGS BUY SELLING NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE HOMES WITH COST CUTTING IN ALL CORNERS WITH CHEAP MATERIALS AND CHEAP UNPROFESSIONAL LABOURERS"
"Firstly just avoid this company at all costs. I don't ever write bad reviews because I try to see things from both sides but I just can't believe how unprofessional and underhanded this company is they have cost us thousands by misleading us. They dropped us at the last minute leaving us to pay nearly the whole solicitors bill and won't even refund the add ons for the house we are no longer getting although they are not fitted just to spite me and my wife for complaining, really nasty people to deal with, it's so hard to save to get a house as it is and then you have these clowns costing me money that I need for a house, it's going to set me back years please just avoid this company they just waste your time and money and not to add the grief they cause you for months before dropping you in the frying pan."
"I bought plot 52 at the Sandpiper development (36 Baird Way, Minster-on-sea, Sheerness) in November 2017. In just about two weeks of experiencing moving into a new house a sections in the right hand side of the fencing line pulled apart owing to strong wind in that period. I raised my complaint, and the damage was repaired. A couple of months later there came another windy weather and a similar problem occurred. This time around, one of the arrays rail fencing panels installed as back fence pulled out from the 4 by 4 inches post it was attached to, leaving the property garden exposed and unprotected for some days before restoration work was done, after complaining to the site manager about the ugly scene on my property owing to the state of the detached fence panel in the rear fence line. But about a month ago, same fence panel in the the fence line, which in the past someone came in to repair by lifting the dangling panel upright and hammered some nail through and into the 4by4 wooden post from which it came off, has now pulled out again. Persimmon customer service, however, on getting an email with attached photos from me reporting yet another damage the same section my garden fence which they feel they have properly amended, is now refusing to carry out any repair work on the fence on the ground that the fence now has some painting on. Persimmon is now claiming that the fact that I have applied some paint, which I did in October 2018 on the ground of decoration the garden for the birthday celebration of my one year old twins, may have contributed to the pulling apart of the fence structure, and therefore nullify the two years warranty, covering non fault damage on all installation on the property. If a fence panel coming in contact with paint is now an issue, what about the numerous rather nature has bestowed on it? It is absolutely ridiculous of persimmon to hold on to such an unfounded claim regarding painting in order to disown their responsibility to hard pressed individuals, who should be valued, buying new build property"
"Aftercare service is a joke and your gonna need it After having a front door replaced which took 7 months !,,,,,, the door still doesn’t lock properly. I’m not contacting them again. Clowns"
"After sales customer care is disgusting. Keen to take money but trying to get faults & problems resolved is relentless! Currently been waiting 8 months for repair!!!!!"
"Worst experience ever!!!!!!! Worst experience ever! As being first time buyers we were so excited to get our very first brand new home, but Persimmon took all of that away from us and it turned out to be one of the most stressful things we have ever gone through. We had a snag list of 4 A4 pages which were not just snags they were problems that should have been sorted during the build of the house!!!! Still now 2 years on we are still having problems with our home we have now found that our roof wasn't put on properly and there is major problems with that!!! Trying to get hold of anyone within Persimmon is an absolute nightmare as soon as they have your money they are not interested in you what so ever!!! The lady in our sales office is an absolute disgrace!!!! No customer service skills AT ALL she had me in tears from shouting at me, when i tried to complain to someone above her but they were not interested. In all honestly buying this home was on of the worst decisions we have ever made!!"
"A company who's customer care is non existent they don't seem to care at all about the customer just want to get the monies in the Bank. They do not finish off the properties well or at all in some cases. Doi noit touch them until they improve"
"Pathetic build quality, they use the cheapest materials and labour. Check out the blog mynewhomeblog.com Looks like some irate resident is spilling out the beans"
"Absolutely worst company on the market.Liars, liars, liars..Do not buy anything from this dodgy people. They will rip you off (service charge). Very poor customer service, quality of the house is absolutely SHOCKING!"
"I won’t use these guys if I had to buy again. They pretend to be helping you then when they make a mistake they all suddenly disappear and you’re left to deal with it. The manager Ollis alongside Tony and June are so stuck up and totally unreliable. I reported and incident to the manager and he just brushed it off like it was nothing. Honestly, I wish I never used them in the first place."
"Moving into a persimmon home We purchased a 4 bed house in June. By and large, the property is very nice, but the finishing touches are so sloppy that it has well and truly taken the gloss off our move. Trying to sort things out has been almost an impossible task and they are clearly not equipped to deal with the issues effectively and efficiently. Unfortunately, I was too easily convinced by the sales pitch and did not push hard enough about getting things sorted about the house. I was constantly reassured that everything would be completed by the time of our move and that the final house run through would be done before the day we moved in. As it was, our walk through of the house was not done until the day of our move and at that point, we had very little option in getting the issues sorted. My main advice for all people looking to buy a persimmon house is the following: YOU MUST make sure that they do that final run through at least a week before you move. Then, if it is not up to scratch or clean ( ours definitely did not have their special clean), do not proceed any further until they fixed the problems. If at the next run through, they still haven’t sorted things out, do not budge. Once you do, they have got you were they want you and it will be a battle to get things sorted. We have now been in the house for 6 months and virtually nothing has been done."
"They lie to you, trick you and make an absolute fool out of you. They find an excuse for everything and only make promises over the phone about house problems, you will never get it in writing. Rats in the walls of the house, windows smashed, kitchen cupboards snapped but covered up sneakily, builders having a poo in cement mixers, drinking on site, using my bathroom whilst I was at work (as they had the key to rectify snagging issues - which of course they didn't end up doing and then lost the key to my house) ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING COMPANY - NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS AND THE STAFF DON'T CARE"
"mortgage adviser are no respect and they don’t like to help"
"Seaton sands Hartlepool The worst experience we have ever had , we been in 3 months from day one no hand over then they lost the keys , we done the 7 day and 28 day snag list ,still waiting nothing been done , just endless false promises by the site manager and then a phone call from the customer manager saying the site manager is rubbish don't go through him but still as of now he also done nothing , they are all back stabbers blaming each other and promising jobs then not doing, only advise I would say is don't listen to a word they say and make sure the jobs are done before moving in"
"Be Careful what you are buying. When we purchased our brand new home back in the summer of 2018 we had no idea the trouble we had signed up for. We found the location of the Parklands site perfect as it suited travel to work and the location was great for our children. We couldn’t get the view the house for a period of time as that part of the site was not yet ready so it was suggested that we view the same house but on a different site. It was clear when visiting that the size of the home worked for us and the layout was pleasing. Eventually we got to view what would later be our home, some items that looks unfinished or damaged we pointed out to the sales team and we had been advised that things are picked up when the house is checked over prior to completion. These items were never picked up on this inspection and now sit on the snagging list. We now have over 60 items on this snagging list with items ranging from poor paintwork to a complete window unit needing to be replaced. All of the windows internally have or will need to be re-sealed from the inside as the builders clearly did not clean them before applying the silicon and nothing has stuck. Gloss paint in already turning yellow in places. We reported broken brickwork and in one area of our garage they repaired it from the outside only leaving what looks like a child’s attempt at brickwork with the rubble on the inside. 13 weeks in and we only just been able to get bedroom carpets as their wardrobe supplier has lost our order, delivered the wrong sizes and missed parts of the order off. Communication is poor at best we have been living from the moving boxes as a result. Persimmon clearly do not care about the aftercare side of things as the time taken to get the snagging list complete is a case of when they can be bothered. It is clear that the home is built to the cheapest budget without the thought of quality and that making sure that the house is built correctly doesn’t figure with them as if it looks ok at a glance then they pass it off as finished Make sure that if you do buy from these people that you fully inspect the house you want before signing and that you have plenty of pictures when asking them do fix things. Whilst the site team are nice they do not do the aftercare so ultimately will not help you. I have many pictures of the poor standard of workmanship carried out and passed as ok. In summary I have never dealt with a worse company for customer service and the lack of compassion when your day to day life is inconvenienced by having to have rectification work done is non-existent."
"Persimmon homes / Charles church are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They are blatant liars and have no interest in helping you with any complaint. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM All they are interested in is making money for their share holders. They put the cheapest products they can buy in them and don't give a s..t. BE WARNED THIS COMPANY IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE !!!!!"
"First class service very easy to understand each step of buying our new home always welcoming and professional highly recommended."
"Once they have sold their product and they have your money, they will totally ignore you. Their customer services are non existant. Swept under the carpet and forgotten about. My daughters bought a house from them against my advise as they had appalling reviews for their building quality and customer services as well as warranty issues. The internal build was poor. coming from a non building trade but construction industry myself, i picked up loads of poor install and quality finished issues. After some nine months, this is still ongoing. My daughters and other residents have continued to have punctures caused by nails and screws. Persimmon has denied that the nails and screws belong to them. There is nobody else on site building except persimmon. Do all nails and screws have persimmon punched onto them to identify who the owner is? No. each of my daughters have had punctures and each have had to have new a new tyre on their cars. The reidents are all having the same issue. Nothing but complete ignorance from persimmon and they fail to deal with it. Take advice and do not buy a persimmon home. Some will be delighted with what they have but looking at reviews across the media, the percentage of bad reviews totally suffocate the good reviews. Customer service and warranty sucks with persimmon. Have communicated with live chat, email and phone. Emails get answered the first time round. Live chat, they just dont read what is in front of them and ignore your request for contact names and numbers. Phone, they just past the message on. and follow up phone call in return."
Persimmon Homes is rated 1.26 based on 27 reviews