PC World Business Reviews

00AM
12AM

Tell us how PC World Business made you happy

Telephone
"Ordered and paid for a laptop online, never arrived, I only discovered that it was out of stock when I rang up and chased up the order, otherwise I would never have known,! Still awaiting a refund."
Are you PC World Business? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback PC World Business receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Avoid using this company at all cost. Stick with John Lewis who will not only price match anything that PC World can do but can also offer a far better customer service than what they ever could.  Staff unwilling to help and everything seems to be too much effort in store. Customer services (phone) don't appear to be any different. One of which was very rude, refused to give his name and refused to pass me over to a manager, make promises which aren't delivered.  They took £150 of my money and kept hold of it a week before returning it back on to a gift card. Apparently this should of taken a max of 24-48hrs. This was all because of a voided transaction as a result of a system error there end and they were unable to complete the transaction. I spent several hours spent on the phone as well as in store to be told I would be given some compensation (discount on the product) as a gesture of goodwill. Visited store today to be advised maximum they could offer was £20 which I found a little insulting considering all the lies they told me, unhelpful staff, hours spent on the phone and in store trying to resolve a problem which was out of my control and a disappointed family member as they were unable to get the gift on time and still haven't. Both myself and family will never be using PC World again. Considering I was looking to buy a tv, surrounded sound, Apple Mac as well as other goods (moving in to a unfinished property in a month and need white goods) you thought they would have done more. I have now purchased a tv from John Lewis and will stick to them going forward."
"I am self employed and purchased a laptop from Curry 15 months ago for £1449 They encouraged me to open a business account which made no difference to me, or so I thought. They registered me up to their Knowhow service without my permission, for a free year and then a rolling direct debit that was not discussed at any point, The laptop is faulty and now Currys refuse to repair it as they say it was a business purchase so is not covered by Consumer Law. Cunning way for them to wriggle out of their responsibilities. They want £500 to repair a laptop that they would repair for free if they hadn't tricked me into opening a business account . Definitely a case of mis-selling . I have 2 identical laptops from the same store costing the same price but only one of them has a 2 year warranty because PC World found a way to avoid offering a warranty on the second purchase . Sneaky and pretty reprehensible if you ask me . Why would you want to set up your customers like this?"
"I BOUGHT A SENHAISER HEADSET FOR £300 WHICH NEVER WORKED I RING THEM UP STRAIGHT AWAY AND WAS TOLD TO CONTACT SENHAISER DIRECTLY now its back and forth to senhaiser till they fix this piece of s.....t DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, THEY ARE NOT VERY NICE AFTER SALE AT ALL, WORST MY EXPIERIENCE EVER"
"Had my order cancelled and I didn't even get an email saying that. Had to login my account to find out. Absolutely appalling, this is the second time I am dealing with PCWorld and it will be my last. Both times I've had only problems. Would not recommend anyone doing business with them."
"I ordered a Dell computer from PC World Business online in mid December. The machine was faulty when it arrived on the 15th and after many hours on remote access Dell agreed that it should be returned. After reporting the matter to the on-line customer service department I took it back to my local store on December 21st together with an email from Dell authorising the return and I expected to get a refund or at least a replacement without delay. After many phone calls and emails I am no further forward some 9 days later and I am told that the matter has to go through their "process" apparently involving a middleman supplier. They can give me no idea about how long this might take and Dell have confirmed to me that no-one from PC World has been in touch with them and anyway they have issued all the necessary paperwork confirming that the machine is faulty. PC World took payment on the day of order but seem to be very reluctant to refund it even though they have the machine back. I have not had any problems in the past with PC World retail but in future I am going steer well clear of their business set up as they don't seem to understand customer service."
"Bought a laptop online that never arrived. Asked for a refund. Took three and a half months and the intervention of my bank to get mu money refunded. PC World incompetent and cannot track an order. Customer service non-existent. Never, ever, ever again use this useless company"
"Yesterday we were looking for a cheap laptop for my wife's mother and saw the ideal model advertised by PC World: a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 17.3" laptop with i3 6100U processor, at a price of £479.99. My wife ordered this online for collection from the Rochdale branch of PC World, and printed out the confirmation with reference number to take with us to the outlet. I never shop at PC World as I have heard so many adverse reviews of the company but, as this laptop was exactly what we wanted at the right price, we thought we'd take it up regardless of my reservations. I was not disappointed! We set off to Rochdale this morning, from Cheadle, a 34 mile journey by road, and on arrival at PC World handed over our reservation confirmation, only to be informed by Taahir (Management Team) that they did not have this model in stock. His only explanation was that someone had mistakenly listed the display model as the one reserved for us, and offered us a 10% reduction on the price. Quite apart from the fact that I would expect a much greater reduction than 10% for the supply of a used display model, when we came to examine it we found very noticeable marks on the top surface which had been hidden from view whilst the screen was raised vertically (I took the precaution of photographing this damage). This offer was immediately rejected by us because the laptop was to be a gift for my wife's mother. Taahir then informed us that a new model was available at their Middlesbrough branch and that he could arrange for it to be delivered to our nearest PC World branch. He promised to telephone us before the end of business today to let us know whether he had achieved his promise. Needless to say, at 9.10pm, we have still not received the promised telephone call. I have the print-out of our reservation confirmation and also copies of their web page on which the laptop is still advertised. On neither case is there any mention of the model being used or ex-display, and we regard it as being advertised as a new model. On that basis, I assume that PC World is guilty of false advertising and possibly of fraudulently attempting to sell a used item as new."
"Highly unfair treatment. The customer care is very disappointment. No consideration for the challenges I faced with my laptop"
"Have already detailed my horrendous experience of shopping at PC world: Faulty laptop Refusal to honour guarantee Rude and arrogant Manager in store. Wondering why you have chosen not to post?"
"I recently had my Apple i-mac repaired at PC World and when I got it back it wouldn't accept my password. I went on my windows pc and found out how to reset a password. Got it going again and then realised the PAGES app had been deleted. I think the Know How service should be called Don't Know How. Otherwise I am very pleased with the Mac."
"Service OK but ridiculously high prices rule it out of contention for most purchases. Currently looking at a Pentax *ist digital SLR... £490 at Jessops, £733 at PC World! Cant afford to shop here... Was originally written on Unbeatable.co.uk. By keith lucas"
"PSU on router failed, so replacement required quickly. Managed to navigate site OK via dialup. Ordered PSU at 11:00, arrived (tracked all the way via Parceline) at 10:20 the following day."
"PC World do not know the meaning of Customer Service. It is impossible to find someone to take responsibility for repairs to anything out of warranty. They tell customers that they have to pay for any repairs for items not covered by warrranty. THIS IS NOT TRUE. UK customers may claim free repairs for manufacturing defects to expensive items like computers for up to five years (Sale of Goods act 1979). Their automated telephone support system is designed to funnel you to paying £1.50 per minute for usually useless advice. I was twice told to re-install Windows when all I needed was a in one case a new keyboard and in the other a driver for a wireless card. I will not buy anything from them again. Was originally written on Unbeatable.co.uk. By John MacInnes"
"just visited the p.boro store. Adam the duty manager couldn´t have been ruder if he tried. told me he and his other staff were too busy to help me with my purchase. when i said then i would notify PC World and complain he wished me luck!! £3000.00 later this is not the customer service we expect. maybe, as a company you should invest in mystery shoppers to help kerb adam´s attitude. Was originally written on Unbeatable.co.uk. By maureen greene"
PC World Business is rated 1.35 based on 17 reviews