Pasta Evangelists Reviews

04AM
4AM

Click Here

Tell us how Pasta Evangelists made you happy

"Probably best to start with the pasta. It is as good as the reviews say and very easy to prepare. Can’t knock it. BUT The portion sizes are tiny. Around 150 g per portion, so way less than a restaurant meal but for the same price. For something shop bought. Point off. Which comes to the price. If you go grande to ensure a reasonable portion size you’ll be paying comfortably more than restaurant prices and that just can’t be right. Unless they sort their price points out, this venture will fail, which would be a shame. Two more points off."
Are you Pasta Evangelists? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I thought i was getting 2 servings but realised it was 1 and you had to eat it within a day! very expensive. Food tasted good."
"My order was delayed, I was charged twice and then the second order was incorrect. I cancelled the subscription."
Thank you very much for your feedback and apologies for the poor experience you had with us. We are working our hardest to improve our service and that means learning from our mistakes, among the other things. My name is Gaetano, I am the Head of Customer Success at Pasta Evangelist and if you could please get in touch with us to confirm your account details via email chef@pastaevangelists.com, I will be able to further review it and properly address what happened and, hopefully, get you to give us another try. Thank you very much.
"Most of the food was nice on the whole, but we experienced the following issues: In heavy rain, package was left in plant pot next to front door and was very badly damaged (I believe it says on your website that they are meant to be delivered through the letter box). 20 minutes after I found the package, I received a text message saying the delivery was coming in 9 minutes. Caper butter was missing. No labelling of any of the ingredients (had to sniff and taste some items to check what they were before using them). Received the wrong recipe card for one of the meals so had to go online and search for the 'how-to', luckily did find it online. One of the meat recipe cards was marked as vegetarian (assuming that's what the green dot signifies). Thankfully not a big issue for us personally since we do eat meat. Some of the portion sizes were quite small, especially considering the cost. "Wild Boar Ragu" did not resemble the advertised appearance at all. It was dry and contained virtually no meat - the meat in it certainly wasn't visible like it is in the photos - it was just a small pouch of sauce which was extremely inadequate for the amount of pasta. It's a shame because the flavours were good. Did not enjoy the "Tortelloni with Red Chicory,.. etc". It was so unpleasantly bitter that it tasted like something was wrong with it. This was unfortunate because bitterness aside, the other flavours in it were enjoyable, but the overpowering bitterness made it unpalatable. We had put all orders throughout April on hold because we were going to be away on holiday. After our first delivery, our future deliveries were taken off hold, changed to weekly and my card charged. I received an email receipt when the card was charged so was fortunately notified as soon as it happened, so I called phone number to tell them. The man I spoke to said he would sort it out, but it appears that he did nothing. After 2-3 more days with the delivery still listed as scheduled on my account, and the delivery day approaching, I had to email and inform them of what had happened a second time, and specifically request email confirmation that they would be cancelling the delivery, and refunding the payment to my card, to ensure that everything was in writing this time. This time they dealt with it the same day and did email me confirmation."
Ciao Diana, thank you very much for your feedback and apologies for our belated reply. My name is Gaetano, I am the Head of Customer Success at Pasta Evangelists and, first and foremost, I would like you to accept my deepest apologies for the experience you had with your subscription and deliveries with us. The excellent news is that, you have overall enjoyed the food and that gives me chance to ask you to give us another try.
We constantly monitor our deliveries while they happen and, 99.9% of the times our boxes arrive at destination fine. They are suitable for most of the letter boxes, but chances are that they may not fit all of them. If the boxes are received in an unacceptable state, our main priority is to hear from you as soon as possible, ideally with pictures so that, firstly, we can proceed to a refund/replacement and, secondly, address the problem and make sure that it doesn’t arise again.
We have improved the labelling and all the boxes now have cards with ingredients and will soon bear the nutritional information, the latter being already included on the website’s. The coloured dots are actually there to make sure that the right sauce goes with the right pasta and they are not an indication of vegetarian dishes. Apologies for the confusion, this could possibly be an indication that we need to change those with something else.
We have increased the size of our portions, however, as our dishes are made with fresh and finest ingredients, a further increase would have an unwelcome impact on costs and therefore on the final price. It would also require a change in the packaging with yet another impact on the price. We will of course try our best to further improve on this matter and hopefully, further down the line, we will be in a better position to better meet your expectations. The options to subscribe for a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis are there to allow everybody to a Pasta Evangelist treat. And indeed, subscriptions can be suspended and paused at any given time.
Which takes me to your last point. I am happy that, eventually, your deliveries and refunds were sorted, though, as I see it, your request to pause your delivery should have been processed correctly the first time. I can only apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience in this matter.
I hope, as I was saying, you will give us another chance as we will be more than happy to welcoming you again as one of our loyal customers.
Pasta Evangelists is rated 4.59 based on 231 reviews