Parcelmonkey Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Parcelmonkey

How would you rate Parcelmonkey?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

109 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Peter Knowles
Added extra charges for no reason - thieving rats!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Parcelmonkey in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Peter Knowles
Unverified Reviewer
"Added extra charges for no reason - thieving rats!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"Avoid them. They will rip you off soon as they have the chance. 100% convinced they are some sort of scam. The reviews on their website are chosen to feature and not true reflections. Ongoing investigation."
"Another poor review for Parcel Monkey... After issues with a next day delivery parcel getting to its destination 5 days late, I contacted Parcel monkey via live chat (as they do not provide phone support) and spoke to their customer service team. I received automated responses that were extremely unhelpful but I was eventually put in contact with FAO manager 'Mike' to discuss a refund. He denied the late delivery of my parcel despite my emails from Parcel Monkey and DPD to prove it was indeed delivered late then followed by categorically refusing to refund me. Parcel Monkey is an absolute joke of a company. Greedy with no care for customer service. They belong in the past."
"Parcelmonkey is a greedy company that no longer competes with the cheapest courier comparison sites. I had a parcel that was slightly overlimit 0.5KG, they billed the card £30 + VAT, although the courier had acceptted it at the time of dropping it off. Another time, my parcel was rejected by the courier as due to it's contents, instead of the parcel being returned back to me as I'm the sender, the parcel got returned to them for some reason and then they practically bully me into paying a further £20 to have the parcel delivered back to me. They would not budge and when questioned about it was returned back to them I just got generic answers. I will not be using this company again, I have been a customer since 2007, very poor service if something goes wrong. Avoid."
Abner Almeida
Verified Reviewer
"DO NOT USE THEM! (DON'T THINK THEIR INSURANCE WILL PROTECT YOU!!!) Please don't ignore this (and all the other bad reviews) + The good reviews seem to be very suspicious. If you have any problem they won't help you! Even if you buy insurance! If you want to gamble your item then go ahead and use parcel monkey. Then cross all your fingers because there is a VERY HIGH chance you will never see the item (or its value in money) ever again. Then you will see how bad their customer service really is. The only thing they do is to apologise for damaging / losing your item.. if that is not enough for you ... pay a little more and send it via another company. They were cheaper than other companies so decided to go ahead with them and buy full insurance. I thought the insurance would avoid me having headaches if something wrong happened. It turns out their insurance is a cash generator fraud and completely useless (read the other bad reviews). The item I sent arrived damaged (which they admit they caused the damage). Despite me protecting the item with REALLY thick foam ... they said that because I didn't wrap the item with bubble wrap the item was not protected! I protected the item with 15cm (6 inches) foams ... but they ridiculously keep saying the item was not wrapped in bubble wrap. It is clearly a way to avoid having to pay for the damage. I think this company is not a honest company. I'm taking legal actions against them ... not so much for the money but for their horrible attitude towards customers. I saw the response on other bad reviews asking the person to open a support case with the subject FOA: Manager ... I'm sure that is just a clever way to try minimise the impact of the bad review. If the person writing the review was happy with the solution the "Manager" gave then he/she would remove the review. I'm sure the manager will only apologise again for damaging / losing your item. As I said, they are good apologising and terrible actually resolving the issue. I regret ignoring the bad reviews. Please don't make the same mistake!!! Funny how most of the 5 stars reviews come from "Customer" or people with only first names and all bad reviews comes from a person with a names and surnames ... also not all 5 stars ones show on other "trusted" review websites. Google "how to stop fake reviews" and see that most of the 5 star reviews on Parcel Monkey's website meets most of the characteristics of a fake review!"
"These “monkeys” overcharged me for a parcel I sent. They are just a bunch of crooks and thieves. Basically they ask you to provide measures and weight for the parcel then quote you and charge you for that. I measured and weighted the parcel precisely, using metering tape and a scale. After delivering the parcel they came back saying that the “volumetric weight” was wrong and charged me an extra £15. Basically, the actual weight doesn t matter, they estimate it by volume which makes no sense - not everything weights the same. They blamed Parcelforce - the courier I used - and said that without proof of weight there was nothing they could do. Avoid these “monkeys” as the pest. I know for a fact I won t be using them again. Cheers"
"WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I purchased the GOLD service which was supposed to guarantee a 2-3 day delivery. It took a week and when it was delivered the recipient was on vacation. I wrote to parcel monkey and informed them to retry to deliver after two weeks - they confirmed but instead the parcel was returned to me. I was also on vacation at that point and when i tried to collect the package at the post office the package was lost! I sent countless emails to parcel monkey for two weeks and the only thing that they did was to read the status on the tracking system of the courier “the parcel is returned to the sender”. I could do that myself! No phone number or any other way to contact them. So i contact the courier myself and after two weeks of daily phone calls and emails with the courier, i find out that the parcel was sent for disposal!!! And parcel monkey kept replying that the package was on its way back to me. I SHOULD SUE these useless monkeys instead of wasting time and money writing to them! NEVER USE PARCEL MONKEY!!!!!"
"They did never delivered the box since some items where broken due to mishandling. Instead of contacting me, they returned the item back to the original address and ever since ( over a month) I am still trying to get my money back since they claim that some sort of transport incurred and they had to pay for it. I am filing an official complaint in the consumers burea because they refuse to provide evidence of this whole situation. DO NOT USE"
"Wish I'd read the reviews before using them! sent parcel to Spain early Dec to get there before Christmas, after a l-o-n-g 'thread' of email banter they couldn't deliver as the address was 'incorrect' utter nonsense! after 6 weeks the parcel was returned to me and my family didn't receive their Christmas presents! I re-sent via Royal Mail at double the price which they received! dreadful service, my complaint on-going as they will not refund. Will NOT recommend them!"
"DO NOT USE!! Lost my parcel in transit, it seems no one could find it for a week. When it was finally located delivery was severely delayed, even the courier company they use admitted this was down to Parcel Monkey's ineptitude. When the parcel turned up it was delivered not to a resident but just left outside the property and exposed to the elements, which in this instance was a torrential downpour. Parcel was soaked through, a majority of the items were damaged, electrical goods soaked through and no longer work. I took out insurance as I had high value items and wanted to ensure they were covered - despite the above, they would not even entertain the notion of a claim. Throughout the process they were difficult to contact, did not respond to messages - you have to contact them via their terrible messaging portal. Honestly I was absolutely devastated, my parcel was Christmas presents for my family which were all pretty much ruined. DO NOT USE!!"
"Actual MONKEYS are working at ParcelMonkey... it is the only way that I can think to explain how they can be so inept. I will be taking my business elsewhere as I'm tired of the poo being flung around my inbox. Long story short, I sent a Christmas gift to my mother in the USA from the UK. I measured the dimensions and as I usually do, I overstated my measurements by rounding up to the nearest cm and kg. Shipped and arrived without issue, though I credit Royal Mail for that since they did all the work when I dropped it off to them directly. About a week later I got an e-mail saying I'd be charged a little more than twice what I originally paid because of incorrect dimensions. The letter went into great detail about it having been laser measured... blah blah blah. It was a template letter but fine, I can live with that, I'm sure they get a lot of parcels going through their hands. I of course complained about it and they requested proof. So mom measured and photographed the unopened parcel for me and the measurements she got came in under the dimensions and weight allowance that I'd purchased. All of her measurements (which I didn't tell her what I'd bought) were within a millimeter or two of all my original measurements. It was also just over a kg underweight from what I purchased too. So after a few e-mails back and forth about it to explain why they were wrong to double charge me as well as having uploaded the photographs, they finally seemed to get the idea that I was unhappy with being double charged on a parcel that shouldn't have been. Took them long enough. In the end it all seemed fine, for last month I figured they were in discussions with whomever did their super duper ultra awesome laser scanning, showing them the proof of the measurements, and deciding to cancel the double charge. I couldn't have been more wrong... I now believe they were just waiting a preset period of time to simply respond to me with the original template letter again... but this time they didn't even take the time to fill in the customization areas. It literally read: "Just a note to confirm this charge is to do with an additional charge relating to order (insert PM number)" They also couldn't seem to get the dimensions, either those originally purchased, the disputed ones they believed, the photographed and evidenced ones or even those claimed by the laser scan, correctly. What they referenced was more than 90cm off on one side and more than 17 and 40 on the other two! They can keep the money, I will never ship anything with them again and nor should anyone else... because I'm also dealing with a lost parcel to my brother in Hawaii... I bet they don't re-imburse that loss... but the jury is still out on that one."
"I booked an international parcel & during the booking process I had to fill in the parcel contents & values for custom purposes. The email that I received, even though had "Customs Docs" in the title only contained the label & no custom documentation. I assumed that the courier would add this since I had completed all the relevant details during booking While in transit, the courier added a label incorrectly stating that the value of the goods was £28. As a result parcel got held up by customs for over a month, meaning Christmas presents didn't come in time, & incurred a penalty of £60 plus fees of about £25. I created a customer services ticket but the responses to my messages were unsatisfactory & irrelevant. I suspect that they use some automated software for dealing with enquiries as two of the customer service replies were duplicated word for word, twice, & weren't relevant to my question. I have created a 2nd ticket with the subject "FAO Manager", as direct by whoever deals with Parcel Monkey's FB messenger account. I received a poor response & nothing since. Parcel Monkey have obviously made a mistake & they don't want to accept responsibility. Their customer service is appalling."
"Awful service and very poor customer service..... Sent a parcel via parcelmonkey on the 3 December 2017 on an express delivery... it is now the 29th december and still no sign of the parcel.... when contacting parcelmonkey (no phone - so can only use message) i get s standard pre typed response. we have contact the courier in question and are awaiting a reply from them.... i have message parcelmonkey almost every other day but still only get the same response.... AVOID AT ALL COSTS.... They are also unwilling to send claim forms for the delivery..... they response is - we can only send claim form once the delivery has been made..... so what happens if the delivery is not made? to that i get the same response - we can only send claim form once the delivery has been made"
"In short, no guarantees; no liability; no responsibility; and a total disclaimer. What a company? Cop out after cop out. Shameless empty apologies"
"Probably the worse service I've ever used. They do not have the staff numbers to handle the workload. I booked a 4 day DPD Pickup Express to Australia which wasn't cheap. It was sent on the 7th December and today 27th December it still haven't been deceived. Two other members of my family sent parcel to the same location via ParcelForce which arrived as described. My Brother in Australia also sent a parcel back to the UK which arrived in three days. DPD will not communicate with me as I paid via ParcelMoneky.co.uk so I'm stuck waiting hours for someone to answer the chat session. Terrible, will not use again."
"Never, ever again. The worst. Booked twice through two different companies, with my parent staying at home for two days, and still no collection. The absolute worst service I've ever used."
"Twice I have tried to send parcel internationally, and twice I have been charged but the parcels have both been returned to me without proper reasons why. I even paid for one of them to be returned back to me, or it would have been destroyed. Try to get to deal with someone who can find a resolution and you are a better person than me. Feels like a scam company to me."
"Parcels arrived damaged with items missing. NO customer phone service. No compensation even although DPD admitted reliability. Shocking that they can take your goods. stea/damage them and accept no liability."
"Would give zero if I could Awful, despite correctly filling out the contents of the parcel on their website they offered me a service which would not accept the contents (buried deep in DPDs terms and conditions). When the item was returned I was presented with either picking it up from their office or paying £5 delivery to get it back. When I raised their failings with customer service via the website I was repeated told to pick from the options above. No acknowledgement of their awful service or that they had failed in anyway."
"Failed to collect parcel, chat line doesn’t work and emails slow to reply. You can’t phone them, emails only. Have asked for a refund but doubt if I’ll get it back. I should have checked this site before I used them. NEVER AGAIN!"
Parcelmonkey is rated 1.04 based on 109 reviews